Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2020, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I know that she included a few "NCIS digs" within her tweet and also while giving an interview a while back... She basically said that "her character in NCIS was only there as comic relief..."..

If it makes her happy to disrespect not only a show that was "home to her for 15 years" but also her character portrayal...

Maybe all shows can return as animation... Like the season finale of Blacklist (A truly genius idea though... )
Old 05-16-2020, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Assuming most of the shows start in January. Even those high profile ones of the major networks, and they have the usual 20-24/25 episodes. Starting in January, they can run with very few reruns. Midseason will be spring, and spring summer will run in summer.

Unless the Summer Olympics are able to run as scheduled in 2021, there might counter programming or takings shows off for a few weeks.

So the networks could have product going until nearly the fall of 2021, and hopefully by then they can get back to normal.

The soaps, like Grey's Anatomy I doubt they can start filming anytime soon because they have to figure out how to manage it. All the medical drama have donated most of their equipment to the fight, so they would have restock.

The only thing about NCIS is that it's helmed by a man who is a senior citizen, so they might be cautious about when they can start to film. So, maybe we won't see new NCIS until January, with late fall starting to film.

Who knows. CW has said episode count is not a factor in a January start date. Those who typically have a complete season will still get a complete seasons. Those who have typically shorter runs, probably will stay the same,..

The writer strike was different because it started while filming was progress, and by the time it finished, because it was a long strike, shows had to get back and running. Some limited their episode runs, and tacked those episodes until the next season. So some shows had like 26 episodes the following year.

The only similarity is those shows who had plans for the last episodes that got eliminated, like big bang season finales. So, whether they add that to the coming season, hard to know.

Riverdale has said it will finish off the senior year of its characters for three episodes before they morph into the next phase.

NCIS has said it was planning to keep their storyline similar, whether they will keep their planned season closer the same. Or they will change it. But the 400th was supposed to be filmed, with no planned alterations.

But we still have a lot of time to go.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 05-16-2020, 04:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I wouldn't say no to animation either

I don't think Mark Harmon's age would necessarily come into it unless he was wary to risk exposure. Seeing as he's an executive producer I'd presume he'd have a say. David McCallum on the other hand I'd say wouldn't appear for a bit.

The Olympics aren't until July/August so that shouldn't make any difference to the Fall shows. That'll affect Summer programming, but also probably only on whichever network (NBC?) has the rights to it. I don't know for sure how it works in the US but I doubt all the networks are going to be playing crap just because of them & the presumption everyone will watch that. I'd like to think they'll still try to have some competition to try still get people watching their network instead. But again the timing shouldn't affect the NCIS Franchise at all.

Quote:
The soaps, like Grey's Anatomy I doubt they can start filming anytime soon because they have to figure out how to manage it. All the medical drama have donated most of their equipment to the fight, so they would have restock.
Honestly other than the restock, I wouldn't say its all that different than any other show. It just would look different as you wouldn't have them all making out with each other so to speak. Its no different than any other soap - which at least in other countries are already going back or finding ways to go back. Except at least some of those soaps are a daily thing, so they've got to work around social distancing & keeping safe for a lot more episodes than shows that are just one a week.

You also have to remember for all shows that what the world looks like now isn't what the world will look like in say 5 months time if they want to resume filming in October (which I presume is when they would for a Jan start). We can't at this point know what will & won't work for each show - even they can't. Its all speculation & hope. You also can't compare networks or shows as each will have their own challenges to return, then some will be easier than others.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-16-2020, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It will be really interesting to see what exactly the networks will have planned for the shows.

Quote:
It was like a mixture of Fuller House & Two Broke Girls, but with more exasperated & less funny jokes
This is a good description of the show I think I am glad that Pauley isn't all that upset over it being canceled though.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
I wouldn't say no to animation either

I don't think Mark Harmon's age would necessarily come into it unless he was wary to risk exposure. Seeing as he's an executive producer I'd presume he'd have a say. David McCallum on the other hand I'd say wouldn't appear for a bit.
On the face of it. NCIS is one of the shows that might be fine. Their desks are far enough away, and they manage scenes around any protocols I would think, with some changes needed depending on the scene needed. I agree, the more elderly actors might stay away... Or they will figure out how to make a scene or two possible other ways.

Quote:
The Olympics aren't until July/August so that shouldn't make any difference to the Fall shows. That'll affect Summer programming, but also probably only on whichever network (NBC?) has the rights to it. I don't know for sure how it works in the US but I doubt all the networks are going to be playing crap just because of them & the presumption everyone will watch that. I'd like to think they'll still try to have some competition to try still get people watching their network instead. But again the timing shouldn't affect the NCIS Franchise at all.
Usually networks are loathe to counter program the Olympics. Although with summer, they usually have their usual summer programming which is all reality shows and stuff they didn't show during the season. But next summer, there might be alot of new fresh content because of any suspension of the fall season. If CW and FOX aren't planning anything for the fall. Except Supernatural for CW. Which means mid season will be in April/May. But still they can take anything off for a few weeks, or double up episodes if need be...

Quote:
Honestly other than the restock, I wouldn't say its all that different than any other show. It just would look different as you wouldn't have them all making out with each other so to speak. Its no different than any other soap - which at least in other countries are already going back or finding ways to go back. Except at least some of those soaps are a daily thing, so they've got to work around social distancing & keeping safe for a lot more episodes than shows that are just one a week.
True. Although the soap tend to have more frisky scenes than a normal cop show. But the cop shows like the Rookie and 9-1-1 might have a lot of maneuvering because they won't be able to do big crowd scenes. Or have big squad rooms. And whether actors will want to do intimate scenes in the short-term. That will be challenge. Not saying they won't find a way around it. They probably will to be able to get product on the screens. In this day and age, they can create scenes magically...

Quote:
You also have to remember for all shows that what the world looks like now isn't what the world will look like in say 5 months time if they want to resume filming in October (which I presume is when they would for a Jan start). We can't at this point know what will & won't work for each show - even they can't. Its all speculation & hope. You also can't compare networks or shows as each will have their own challenges to return, then some will be easier than others.
I agree. No one will know what will happen next month or later in the summer. Things might be better, and there won't be much of a delay. Or they just plan to film later, and get things on the air later in the fall, for November Sweeps. Or in January. I think a month ago people were hoping things might progress normal. But too much has changed, which is why networks are weighing their options and the 2020/2021 schedule that should have been out by now, is still only half announced.

No one knows what next month will be.

Most shows usually start to prep in June. And film in July or August. So they have time, but it's coming to a time where decisions have to be made.

But yeah not much will likely will air in the fall.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:42 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh they probably will do things magically, I think we can guarantee that one . But soaps here are continuing on, just without intimate scenes or even kissing, so I presume shows in the US would do a similar thing if they have that sort of thing in their shows. I don't think its a huge thing. I'd say having crowds & constant guest stars is going to be the main issue for all shows.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-18-2020, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It all could change.

From this article, talking about some of the network picking up already used product from other platforms.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...amming-1295040

Early word is ABC and CBS are planning to resume production on NCIS and Grey's Anatomy during the summer, for a September launch.

But I guess we shall see if they can start as they want to. Of course they can start as late as August, and still be able to start in September.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The person on twitter that gives filming location information in Chicago has said he's cautiously optimistic that they'll be able to return to set in time for them to air in September, and thinks that would mean late July. I'm not convinced, that seems a little too optimistic to me, but I guess he knows more than I do and probably has reason to think that. I'm still not expecting it before late August earliest.

I guess it's not easy for them to know what to do for the best. The biggest concern with going back is safety, of course, but if they don't go back, then there needs to be real concern for the crews that aren't getting work and could really end up struggling.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-19-2020, 01:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Some people are probably hoping/speculating best possible outcome. But we don't know what's going to happen with the virus, especially if there are restrictions easing then we could see spikes or even a second wave. I don't know for sure US restrictions eased as I stopped watch the news as it is often too depressing & frustrating to watch but I have heard that they may be. Honestly its not worth the risk but channels are probably going to try get some shows back as soon as they can. But everything, no matter where it comes from, is pure speculation. I can't imagine any shows resuming filming any time soon, they'll be pushed back. The rates of covid cases in the US are just so high it'd be a huge risk to everyone's health

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-19-2020, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That would be great if they indeed started some production back up, but I still think it's too early for them to tell whether they can or not.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

The official CBS schedule is already online without any starting date announced...

All 3 shows are staying on the same day/slot as normal as far as I could tell...
Old 05-19-2020, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I saw an article earlier about how they believe just about everything will still be able so start on time. I guess we will see!
Old 05-19-2020, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope they're right, but it does seem a little optimistic. I guess it might depend where the shows film, though. NY was pretty badly hit from what we've seen, so maybe shows that film there will be last to get back.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-20-2020, 12:53 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Hopefully I just hope that networks don't push to try get shows back sooner

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-20-2020, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Within the promo Wilmer announced the NCIS timeslot & LL Cool / Chris announced the Sunday slot.

(Bull stays on Monday right after All rise)