Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2020, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't see why they're not, tbh. November seems the earliest possible, and by that point they may as well wait for January. Maybe push finales until June/July or something, or just film less episodes.

I saw a tweet this morning that basically suggested pre-production for LA has started. Idk if the person actually works on the show or not, but people seemed to think he was legit.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-14-2020, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Thanks for the articles!

Regardless of when filming will resume it's good to hear that they're not going to ignore the pandemic - at least not when it comes to NOLA...

I'm still hoping for any of the shows starting their season in the fall, but it seems highly unlikely atm...

Still the most important is for the cast & crew to stay safe, and we'll just continue watching reruns & shows that we always wanted to watch, but never had the time for it
Old 08-14-2020, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

September is out. October would be a push.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-14-2020, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, at the moment middle of October or November seems the most likely...

... I think they'd love to air something before the end of the year...

No one knows how the autumn/winter will be like with Covid still ongoing...
Old 08-14-2020, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

November. October is a stretch, imo. Episodes will take longer to film and that's before post-production. It'd be great, sure, but I don't think it's that realistic right now.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-14-2020, 07:12 PM
Graphics Team Manager

The article here seemed optimistic shows could not just resume in the US this year but also make it to Australia too That sounds crazier to me

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-14-2020, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It seems unlikely

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-15-2020, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for bringing the news here. I read that this morning. I guess it's good they are working to start things back up, hoping it will all work and they don't rush things!
Old 08-15-2020, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It doesn't sound that crazy to me Chelle, since the Australian channels can just buy the season/episodes as they are... No need for re-editing or dubbing or subtitling them
Old 08-15-2020, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

When you consider that they haven't returned to set yet, each episode will probably now take around two weeks to film and then post-production can take a while when things are normal, it kind of does sound crazy.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-15-2020, 04:33 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I get that they air as are, but we have to wait at least one week after the US airing before they can air here. I don't have faith in the channel here doing that or being that fast tracked, I see them holding off until next year to begin airing. Especially if the US only airs a small amount of eps. Plus Australia goes into Summer no ratings time in early December through to the end of January so often we don't get new shows then. Of course they maybe scrambling with a lack of content too so who knows... (& I should also remember CBS owns the channel they air on so may give them more reason to air NCISs - but then look at the treatment of NOLA)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-15-2020, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It usually a month or so later here. Sometimes longer, so I definitely think they'll wait.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-16-2020, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

I hope it is true, but it seems to a stretch to me too.

we will see
Old 08-16-2020, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Me too

Yeah, channels have a strange way of operating... (Back in Hungary the latest NCIS LA & NOLA seasons were only partly dubbed due to Covid & they haven't started to air NCIS s17 at all... I like to re-watch the episodes/seasons with dub too once they air...)

NOLA is a special show, so maybe that's why it is treated like that in Australia
But on the bright side you still have 6 or so episodes to look forward to
Old 08-16-2020, 03:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by florerr (View Post)
NOLA is a special show, so maybe that's why it is treated like that in Australia
But on the bright side you still have 6 or so episodes to look forward to
I think it is mainly because no one watches it so it rates poorly. I'm just glad they eventually do air it still. Even if its tucked away on a secondary channel, surrounded by repeats on a Saturday night

Yeah like the one from Saturday that I never did get around to watching yesterday even though I was going to

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread