Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow, that's a lot of ad breaks In Germany, no matter which station shows NCIS, it's 2 ad breaks per episode. One quite early (like 7-8 minutes into the show), and the other one at around 35 minutes, so it's a total of one hour of NCIS including the ad breaks.

When I was in the US I was confused about the amount of ad breaks, I guess it would be the same for me in Australia

How long are the ad breaks? Ours are about 9 minutes per break.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Two ad breaks would be wonderful yeah you probably would get confused here

Usually around 5 minutes I think, sometimes a little less & sometimes a little more. Some channels & shows can have longer ad breaks (I think there was at least one which was over 10 minutes I counted during Once Upon a Time). Because one of the channels is on payTV it has short ad breaks which is what most of their channels have. Especially during their marathons - their ad breaks were more between the shows than during the shows. It was just advertise a show or two then back to the show again which was quite good.

Chelle » NCISKellyCarrieGTart
Old 10-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It sounds great to have an ad break in between shows instead of during one show. That's actually an advantage of watching my shows online, there's ads before the stream starts and then it's the 40 something minutes of the show without any commercial breaks
Old 10-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Very true I usually just have ads on the page, & the 40 minutes of the show when I watch things. Having no ads is so much better than having them

NCIS this week was pretty good though, the ad breaks were really short or felt it (one had a news update & then advertised one thing before returning to the show)

Old 10-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed about the no ads thing. Although on TV they are necessary (in Germany) so we get the TV stations for free.

Which episode aired for you this week?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It is the same here, that's why payTV always seems to have less ads or when they do have them they usually are just promoting other shows/channels. But new episodes of NCIS is on a free channel so it gets the longer ads. I compared it to SVU last night & SVU had longer ads & more ads, which I thought it did. I know it is a different day, but same time slot & channel so I think I'm right in saying that NCIS is pretty good when it comes to ads. Sadly one of the ads last night was for NCIS - I don't want to say goodbye to Cote/Ziva (the ad tells you to get ready to say goodbye to her & that she's one of the most loved characters on TV), even if I have already seen the episode

Old 10-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But new episodes of NCIS is on a free channel so it gets the longer ads.
Ah okay! Good it's on free tv though, but still annoying about the ads - I think my sister's bf is the only person I know that enjoys ad breaks

Quote:
(the ad tells you to get ready to say goodbye to her & that she's one of the most loved characters on TV), even if I have already seen the episode
That sucks that the ad made you sad - I am dreading the episode coming here to Germany too. Right now, Ziva is in every episode here, it's nice still having her around every week.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

ad breaks are only good if you need to get up to do something that's the only use I find for them

I agree, it is good that new episodes are on the free channel - more people get to see it then

I know what you mean. Right now even though I know she's left & I've seen the episode it doesn't quite feel real yet as I haven't seen it on the channel here yet. I can live in the fantasy world where it is all just a bad dream & she's still in it. For me she is until Tuesday, then I'll have to wake up & return to the reality that she's gone

Old 10-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's what they're good for! Sometimes I even hang up the laundry during the ad breaks, they can be quite long

Get your tissues ready for Tuesday then, Chelle! I am not sure if I will watch the episode when Ziva leaves when it airs here - I don't think it would be the same dubbed into German.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Graphics Team Manager

going to have the tissues ready for once I'm not really looking forward to NCIS being on tonight

no, I don't blame you, it probably wouldn't be the same dubbed. it'd be interesting to compare but it is a sad, emotional, & special episode that I wouldn't want to compare (if I knew another language well enough to compare )

Old 10-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chelle, how was it watching it all over again?

I am afraid that the dubbing would take the emotions in Michael's and Cote's voices away. I don't even want to think of how they are going to translate Ziva's "Loved" when Tony asks her what he was, handsome, funny or what. It just doesn't sound right in German
Old 10-30-2013, 06:19 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Sad . Although honestly it was better watching it without ad breaks. But still emotional & made me cry (again) by the end of it

Yeah the emotions felt between Michael & Cote was an actual goodbye between the actors while the people dubbing it probably won't get that. It'll lose something in that, then most likely in the translation which is a shame

Ziva's farewell rated well here. #1 for the channel for that night, 8th overall for that night, & #1 for its timeslot . Although technically Dancing With The Stars was on at the same time still, & it had more viewers, it starts earlier than NCIS does. So it may not get classed as winning the timeslot, not sure. I'm saying it did anyway . It had 870,000 viewers. (source). It would have been interesting to see if it would have been even higher had it been shown closer to the US air date, but I think it did really well considering it was a month behind. I can't remember how well the first episode did, but I'm pretty sure it was around the same but the viewer numbers were lower

Old 10-31-2013, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

*sigh* One of the saddest NCIS episodes, definitely.

That's great that the episode did so well! It proves how popular NCIS is all over the world!
Old 10-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Any departure is really sad, but at least this time we got a goodbye where usually we have deaths. Both ways are sad, i'm not sure which is worst but this way was more emotional

It does

Old 11-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think deaths are even sadder, because in Cote's case, there's always the possibility she will be back one day - if a character dies, they will never rejoin the team (except for those flashback kind of thingys they are doing with Mike Franks )
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top