Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2017, 10:37 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Welcome I'm Chelle. hope you enjoy it here. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask Steph or me

always nice to find other Aussie fans of the show(s) too have any favourite characters? Do you watch all the shows?
Old 05-26-2017, 10:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hi thanks for the warm welcome

Yep I watch all 3 NCIS shows, but mostly the original NCIS and NCIS:LA, I don't really like NCIS:NO much so I don't watch that one very often.

I've been a loyal NCIS fan since the very beginning, my favorite characters have always been Kate and McGee and Abby. And since Torres and Quinn joined the show I've come to really like them also.
On NCIS:LA, my fav characters are Callen, Sam, Hetty & Kensi.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
Hi I just joined this forum not too long ago and just wanted to drop by and say hello and I'm another Aussie NCIS fan
Welcome! Hope you enjoy it around here

I find it interesting how so many people like the same characters. I don't know why it's interesting, but it is
Old 05-29-2017, 12:26 AM
Graphics Team Manager

^ it is interesting, but I think that the shows just have certain characters you can't help but love

I get that with NCIS:NO (or NOLA) it took me ages to start watching this season as I was often meh about the episodes

Love your favs McGee & Abby are mine too. Actually my LA favs are probably the same as yours too
Old 05-29-2017, 02:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

it is interesting that many people tend to like the same characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplezbear (View Post)
Welcome! Hope you enjoy it around here
Thank you!
Old 05-29-2017, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely agree about that Chelle
Old 06-14-2017, 11:30 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Have I mentioned how I have a love/hate relationship with the channel which airs these shows recently?

Quote:
TEN is yet to confirm plans for NCIS beyond June 13 - x
For some reason which I don't understand at all they've decided to put on another show (Shark Tank) in NCIS's timeslot (8.30 Tuesdays). NCIS is almost always on in that timeslot - be it a repeat or a new episode. I just can't understand this move - especially with the number of timeslots I can point out during the week which they fill with repeats which they could move NCIS to or have put this show in instead

I can see an online guide which goes ahead two weeks & it shows next week just has the season finale of NCIS LA at 9.30 followed by a repeat of NCIS LA at 10.30. The week after that has a repeat of NCIS at 9.30 followed by a repeat of NCIS LA at 10.30. I'd also like to point out that Saturday nights has a repeat of NOLA (the episode which aired the previous Sunday), then Sunday nights air the new episode of NOLA followed by a repeat of NOLA from season 2. That's just looking at repeats from this franchise but I can see places they could move NCIS to instead of making it disappear... I wouldn't want it in a random timeslot but I'd rather that than not on at all. If they have to move it I would have thought leaving it off for a week & then putting it into LA's timeslot once its over would have made more sense than just airing a repeat of NCIS

The move which would have made the most sense to me is for them to not have touched NCIS at all & put Shark Tank on on Thursdays - replacing one of the two repeats of SVU which air at 8.30

(the channel in question has problems so I'll cut it some slack for that but it doesn't mean I have to be happy with their choices )
Old 06-15-2017, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Are you kidding me?! That is ridiculous!!! If you have facebook or twitter, you should post on their pages asking why they did that and when the next episodes will be on (even if it has problems )
Old 06-15-2017, 07:18 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm sure they have been hit by a few fans complaining but that's a good idea. I might try their facebook page as maybe it has answers
Old 06-15-2017, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you find something out!
Old 06-15-2017, 07:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I've discovered they're really good at ignoring the fans who've asked . I looked back to when they announced Shark Tank was starting & they responded to one comment which wasn't about either show but every other comment asks about NCIS & they haven't responded

They've got a few shows ending & new ones starting filling in the repeat slots but I don't understand why they have to take off new episodes of a show for one of the ones they're bringing in. Hopefully they'll just push NCIS back & have it replace LA since we're almost finished it that'd make the most sense other than to have not touched NCIS in the first place
Old 06-16-2017, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course! Seems like that is what they all do when the fans start demanding answers At least you know you are not alone in that!

That would make sense, but by the sounds of it, that network doesn't have any sense
Old 06-16-2017, 10:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

considering all the financial troubles Channel 10 currently has and being put on voluntary administration just a few days ago, I think the network is probably in the process of reshuffling some of its programs, many things needs to be done and sorted and I would imagine things are currently frantic at the network, so we should cut the network some slack. There are some speculations saying that Channel 10 could even go bankrupt as early as later this year, can you imagine just how terrible that would be? And what would happen to all the NCIS shows we love if channel 10 does go bankrupt? Although the network has already assured the public that they are not going anywhere and will stay on air, but they're still struggling to find new investors to fund their network, so it's a very dire situation for the network at the moment, so we shouldn't put even more pressure on the network right now, let's just be grateful to what we do have now.

I'm really upset and worried for the network right now, Channel 10 is actually my favourite network in Australia, many of my fav TV shows are aired on channel 10, so I hope they will be able to get back on their feet again.

Last edited by LindaL100; 06-16-2017 at 10:54 PM
Old 06-17-2017, 08:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaL100 (View Post)
considering all the financial troubles Channel 10 currently has and being put on voluntary administration just a few days ago, I think the network is probably in the process of reshuffling some of its programs, many things needs to be done and sorted and I would imagine things are currently frantic at the network, so we should cut the network some slack. There are some speculations saying that Channel 10 could even go bankrupt as early as later this year, can you imagine just how terrible that would be? And what would happen to all the NCIS shows we love if channel 10 does go bankrupt? Although the network has already assured the public that they are not going anywhere and will stay on air, but they're still struggling to find new investors to fund their network, so it's a very dire situation for the network at the moment, so we shouldn't put even more pressure on the network right now, let's just be grateful to what we do have now.

I'm really upset and worried for the network right now, Channel 10 is actually my favourite network in Australia, many of my fav TV shows are aired on channel 10, so I hope they will be able to get back on their feet again.
I was just going to comment on that i had no idea it had that much issue i wonder what is going to happen
Old 06-17-2017, 04:51 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
I would imagine things are currently frantic at the network, so we should cut the network some slack
Exactly why I hate to hate what they've done but regardless of their situation I can still be upset that they've removed NCIS from the schedule when it only had a handful of episodes left

Most of the shows I watch are on Ten so I don't want to see it go anywhere & I also feel sorry for them & all the people who's jobs are up in the air. They don't know what the future holds & that is unimaginable for me, I don't know the right words to describe that

I completely understand that Ten's got to be doing all they can to try survive. If you look at the channel its putting on a LOT of new shows over the coming weeks - but it also has quite a few ending or recently ended so its got the spaces to do that. To me that doesn't explain why they'd remove NCIS when they could have just moved it if it wasn't giving them what they needed where it is now. They could have taken it off for a week & then brought it back in LA's timeslot but instead its going to be a repeat? They've already got a lot of hate floating around from simply not fast tracking & now this? To me that's just shooting themselves in the foot & the show could do better for them if they'd aired it sooner - & if they had it would have been ending now too like LA is

I think if Ten goes then Foxtel would pick up NCIS's as they've got them all in the earlier seasons on whatever the channel is which replaced TV1. TV Hits I think it is? My sister would know as she watches NCIS on it

If Ten disappeared there'd be a major shake up on our screens. There's so many shows which would be homeless & not enough spots to put them all I can't imagine what that'd be like either. They're scrambling & I hope that they can find their way out. I don't want to see them go but I think this may have been a long time coming as they've been struggling for quite some time now

Regardless of my opinion of their decision to pull NCIS my heart breaks for them. Then there's all this hate being put on the channel - even when you look in comments about them going into administration, jobs in jeopardy, ect. There was an article I saw about how people from various networks were showing love & support for the Ten employees & still there was hate being put on the channel, saying its all their fault & that's just wrong. I hate that Yes they make some questionable decisions, & some decisions we don't understand (like for all I know there's a reason they didn't or possibly couldn't fast track NCIS), but why tell them that & put that hate out there? Especially in response to love? I don't understand putting hate on love. I don't understand the choices Ten makes & sometimes i feel like they throw darts at the weekly schedule with the show names on to decide where to put them but I also couldn't imagine what its like for those doing that job. It isn't something I'd be able to do. They've got to jungle a lot of shows & meet a lot of demands & probably a whole lot of other things that the viewers have no idea about

One issue that all the channels face is unless they can air all shows a few hours after they air in the US they can't win. Then even if they do they'll still get crap or lose some viewers to illegal downloads. Plus with all these streaming services some of the viewership is being lost to that too. I can't have or do any of that so I'm completely at the channel's mercy & whatever choice they make. I'll hate being made to wait but I also know that sometimes you have to wait for things but eventually you usually get what you want. If you don't then obviously it wasn't meant to be
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top