Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
As opposed to hearing about it. Simply because I think it would be odd if let's say in 6 episodes, Tony says, "So the sex in Paris was awesome." LOL. And Ziva replies, "Yup! It was excellent." And then the episode goes on!
But I sincerely don't think it would be revealed to us like this. I think it would go down how you described it in your second scenario. If it was done in this manner then it'd be played off as if it meant nothing when we know that it was major. From what we saw in this ep and if we assume that they did do the deed then it can't possibly be brushed off or revealed in such a manner because it would totally undermine what happened and the changes they both went through. Like I said, that's just how I feel.

Have fun rewatching! I hope someone makes an anicon of the hand!sexage scene!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

Welcome to the thread alxndrjosephine and you've been added.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kenton (View Post)
Even though I feel like we do deserve it to an extent, I would want for the writers and SB to do what they feel is right with Tiva rather than what they think the fans deserve. Just my honest opinion.
i get what you're saying and i, too, feel like the writers should do what they think is best for the story. but i think it's cheap of them do it this way with a "did they, didn't they, did they, didn't they?" back and forth sort of thing to make BOTH categories of fans happy. cause SB has made it clear he knwos that the anti-fans don't want TZ and don't want them together so i feel like this way, he's doing it BOTH ways to make shippers happy and the non-shippers happy, too. which is just not fair, i think. if you're going to DO something, do it right with pride.

it's just making me sad that this was supposed to be the biggest TZ episode of the season (well, they sure advertised it that way) but instead, i'm really left disappointed. i wanted some real ACTUAL progress we would see but instead of a serious convo or anything in between the flirty, secretive looks... we just got this.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
it's just making me sad that this was supposed to be the biggest TZ episode of the season (well, they sure advertised it that way) but instead, i'm really left disappointed. i wanted some real ACTUAL progress we would see but instead of a serious convo or anything in between the flirty, secretive looks... we just got this.
well for me it was better this way..i mean we have already a lot of angst between those two...too much for my liking...it was time to see them flirting again and enjoy each other company without too many problems to resolve...they return to the relationship they had in season 5 but with so much more in it..they are on the same page right now and certainly something happened in JetLag even if i really don't think they had seal the deal..
And clearly this was the Tiva episode of the season..but who said that we will not have more scenes between those two?? Clearly we will have them only that we will not have a Tiva centric episode like this where everything was about them in the end..but the scenes between them will continue to exist and maybe a serious talk will happen before the end of the season..who knows...Brennan said that this episode would have not resolved anything but it would have shown that the spark is still there..there was the point of the episode..and the fact that he said that after this episode the journey may begin again it shows that we are at the beginning, not at the end..they have still issues between them, but at the same time they are coming closer and begin to understand that fighting their feelings is not worthed.

I think that for the rest of the season we will continue to have ambiguous scenes and maybe even angsty scenes between the two and at the end of the season we will know the truth
Old 01-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Loyal Fan

However some photos from the episode:

The rest is here: 7x13 JetLag pictures by Jessyver - Photobucket

(sorry for the double post)

Last edited by jessystorm; 01-29-2010 at 03:37 AM
Old 01-29-2010, 06:13 AM
Loyal Fan

And finally I posted my icons! I also made a wallpaper:

everything's here at my LJ
Old 01-29-2010, 06:31 AM
Addicted Fan

About hashing it out: as nice as it might be to see it, I really don't think they should show it in any depth outside of how it would effect the work of AGENTS. Thesame with any potential relationship, because NCIS is not about Tony and Ziva seperate from the team, but the team as a whole.

How their personal decisions (ie. Rivkin, Jeanne, Michael and Roy) effect a case or the NCIS team as a whole or on a case is the important part and only part that really should be shown, otherwise we'd have to have equal time for all characters, you know?

And I'd much rather have things resolved between them (in terms of talking) without a direct conversation because it leaves more options for the fans to determine what happened without having it screwed up. It leaves more room for what YOU want personally.
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

OMG aLyss I'm taking your wallpaper RIGHT NOW.

Quote:
it's just making me sad that this was supposed to be the biggest TZ episode of the season (well, they sure advertised it that way)
Ehhh... that's what they say. There's still what 10 episodes left? A bunch of which has not even been written yet. We never know what can happen in future episodes, besides there's still the finale.

^I agree. We can very well have things go like the elevator for exemple "I'm tired of pretending". There could be a little moment between them, where they make some sublte comments about Paris, or about them or something, nothing very direct. As long as we know they're together, anything else is a plus, considering how long it's been already.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

amazing Alyss

Though it was promoted as a big TZ eppy, there are still 10 to go, also we've had some great Tiva moments ( season premiere anyone?? )

I agree with Andrea in that we might have little subtle moments throught the rest of the season. Remember this is the first time in 4 seasons that they both seem to be on the same page feeling wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzlephrat (View Post)

And I'd much rather have things resolved between them (in terms of talking) without a direct conversation because it leaves more options for the fans to determine what happened without having it screwed up. It leaves more room for what YOU want personally.

I do to. I think that leaving it up for interpretation is half the fun! I think that eventually they will touch base as to what happened in that room or give us some sort of dialouge of them coming to terms with what has happened with their relationship in and out of the office.

Last edited by YAMI1024; 01-29-2010 at 08:22 AM
Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Master Fan

I imagine Tony wearing some weird shirt and Ziva having the need to comment on how ugly it is and he goes and say "You looked pretty comfy in it" or something Stuff like that could be a good tease and sublte implications of the type of relationship they're having.

We as fans are expecting too much to be given b/c we have been waiting for so long, but NCIS isn't the type of show to deal directly with the relationship. Like razz said, everything we got Tiva wise has always been in effect to the team somehow. I doubt we'll ever see them together in one of their places, or see them going on a date. Best they'll do is allude to the fact that they have a date so Tony will be all moody and pouty when they have to actually work late.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Like someone said, I too hope that they just dont forget about this episode and move on. As NCIS usually does, drops a subject for a long time. I hope they make reference to Paris or at least show the change in how these two interact with one another.

This was suppose to be a significant episode in terms of where these two are. They both realized the spark is there. Although we dont know what happened, I hope by the end of the season we will know where these two stand.

As for whether we will ever get a serious talk from these two, that is left up in the air. Although I too was disappointed with how they resolved things, maybe some of it will be brought up again when Ziva's dad comes into the picture. Theres also the 'what happened in africa' to Ziva, and that will most likely be brought up as well.

Maybe we will get a resolution on that part, if not a confrontation with Tony and Ziva. If not, we have to accept that these two already had their 'talk' and have moved on. Gathering from this episode, it definitely looks like they have found peace with one another.

"Have you ever lied to someone you loved...yes...Did they ever forgive you?...They never found out..."- Tiva
Old 01-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Whatever happens, I'm hoping we wont get anymore serious on-off angsty. I already had enough for a lifetime with these 2.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~lipstick (View Post)
I imagine Tony wearing some weird shirt and Ziva having the need to comment on how ugly it is and he goes and say "You looked pretty comfy in it" or something Stuff like that could be a good tease and sublte implications of the type of relationship they're having.
OMFG. what an imagination you have there

^ I think that they have started to make peace with what happened and maybe move foward.Even after Ziva returned to work, the tension between her and Tony was thick. Where as now they seemed to be getting back to solid ground, to the way things were before Somalia hell before Michael and Jeanne. IMO they started to find themselves once more and that makes it somewhat easier for them to cope and deal with what happened not only between them but with the whole team.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

It definitely is something Tony would say

They definitely had a very long very deep and very serious talk in Paris. I'm hoping that if they didn't sleep together (I'll never give up this idea until is pretty much confirmed they didnt!!) they decided that they should give them a try.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I don't think they slept together (though my crazy ass fangirl inside is screaming yes, yes, oh effin yes! ) but that there was a convo there def was. We got a glimpse at the old Tiva, they were in sync and at ease with one another.