Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just read some scoop regarding TIVA and omg! I can't wait for Jan 26th now! I can't post spoilers but check out the spoiler thread if you want to know what I mean.

I am two days behind this scoop but I just got back from vacation haha

I really hope SB was just pulling our leg when he said TIVA will remain status quo and we get something good next half of the season. Maybe what he ment was that TIVA will remain flirtatious and eye candy for this season as they slowly develop?

But from what I gather from an upcoming episode, we may just get more (i can only hope!)

On a side note, today is my bday and my bf got me an NCIS sweater! I love it!

"Have you ever lied to someone you loved...yes...Did they ever forgive you?...They never found out..."- Tiva
Old 12-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlize_angel4 (View Post)
I just read some scoop regarding TIVA and omg! I can't wait for Jan 26th now! I can't post spoilers but check out the spoiler thread if you want to know what I mean.

I am two days behind this scoop but I just got back from vacation haha

I really hope SB was just pulling our leg when he said TIVA will remain status quo and we get something good next half of the season. Maybe what he ment was that TIVA will remain flirtatious and eye candy for this season as they slowly develop?

But from what I gather from an upcoming episode, we may just get more (i can only hope!)

On a side note, today is my bday and my bf got me an NCIS sweater! I love it!
I was htinking the status quo comment was more along the lines of how they are now.

I personally think there's a BTS thing going on, you know?
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
Old 12-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Happy Birthday! I'm kinda jealous of your NCIS sweater.

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking, which is really what we're getting right now. I've said this before, but SB can write what he wants and it won't stop the moments from happening between Tony and Ziva. It's just inevitable.

Quote:
I personally think there's a BTS thing going on, you know?
I can understand that, but I sincerely hope that it's not the case. I'd want for whatever happens between them to be clear and visible to the audience. I'd kinda feel cheated if it was BTS because then everything we've been wanting, we wouldn't really get to see.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Extreme Fan

first off, happy belated birthday and yay for a NCIS sweater, very cute haha.

and, yeah, i definitely DON'T think it's BTs and i don't think they'd cheat us out of the beginnign of their relationship that way, that's just cruel. but no matter what SB says about their relationship being "status quo", the moments are still there- michael and cote are just so good together, we can't ignore them!

oh man, the episode did get my hopes up about a necklace gift especially when tony's like, "you wont' get your present" "no gifts, remember?" "if i got you a present" convo at the begining in the squadroom. i was like, "OMG, YES, HE TOTALLY GOT HER SOMETHING" and then the episode ended and iw as like, "oh darn, he didn't" haha. i mean, the last scene was still so sweet, them exchanging smiles and whatnot but i wanted moreeeeeee haha. we'll always want more when it comes to them!

i'm soooo excited about the episode on the 26th but i can't help but worry because we're already ten episodes in so they better be saving up some good stuff for the last half of the season. i mean, which i guess they did last season but that wasn't necessarily good stuff ha!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kenton (View Post)
I can understand that, but I sincerely hope that it's not the case. I'd want for whatever happens between them to be clear and visible to the audience. I'd kinda feel cheated if it was BTS because then everything we've been wanting, we wouldn't really get to see.

I can understand it too, in a way, I just think if that were the case some of their reactions to things and what they say to one another would be slightly different. Plus the way Tony has been acting this season doesn't indicate to me at all that he's in a relationship, if anything being with Ziva would calm him and he's been anything but that, and sure it is Tony but I just don't think it's true. It feels like we're getting there with them, they know, we know, it just has to finally happen (DiNozzo, I'm looking at you.) And I'm totally with you Miss Kenton, I would feel cheated and mighty mighty pissed.

Happy late birthday charlize_angel4! That was so awesome of your friend! I want one!

We've got some crazy exciting eps to come. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up but I can't help it!

Last edited by Coopah; 12-21-2009 at 06:07 AM
Old 12-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Addicted Fan

I think we deserve as much as well but you've also gotta remember that Tony and Ziva are not the focus of the show, but the whole team, which is why I think some anti-Tiva folks have a problem with the possibility of a relationship.

I want them together but at the same time I also know that a large portion of the time writers on shows like this--particularly NCIS and long running shows that haven't based it around characters romantic relationships outside of case effect from the start or even mid-way, tend to go down the drain. So I think that maybe the BTS thing could happen that way in an attempt by SB or whomever to test the waters.

Does that make sense? Though I'd watch a show based solely off of Ziva/Tony or either of them alone, I don't know that the largest part of the audience would.

And to add to this, I don't trust the writers as it stands right now with the characters.

When I first started watching I thought I was in the large part of the group that watches NCIS---the group that loves Tony and Ziva, only come to find that the shippers of any kind are really a minority. Surprisingly people watch the show for each of the individual characters...possibly even the cases!
But that being said, I for one don't see them really going a showing relationship route with Tony and Ziva outside of how it would affect them as agents and co-workers and on the case. (like in Dagger or Cloak whatever the ep was---perhaps Tony or Ziva were faced with saving one of them vs. McGee, make sense?)

Please don't hate me!

I for one, also want to see some healing, I don't think Ziva's bathroom apology covered enough.

ETA: I also thought about this recently (thanks to fights with my BF) but how their personalities are so independent. I can't imagine, no matter how much I love someone working with them in that capacity, dangers aside, but the simple hours spent together and then spent romantically. Perhaps that's just me but I also identify with Ziva's character in the relationship aspect that I like to do my own things sometimes, have my own space etc...and it makes me wonder how a relationship like that would work realistically without getting tired of the other person.
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks everyone for the bday wishes!

I was thinking exactly same thing regarding BTS.

I know we would all love to see them hook up for the first time on screen, but knowing Brennan, I could see him tease us and hint they are together.

Right now I dont think they are in relationship but it sure seems to be building to something.Or at least we are all hoping!

I also agree that I am not completely satisfied with the apology scene. It seemed like they became friends rather quickly after everything that happened. Maybe in the upcoming episodes will see them talk about it more or reveal more emotions over what happened.

I really like how things are going right now, with the eye looks and casual hinted drops here and there.

WIth the way things are headed, i think it would be awesome if they just showed TIVA together in bed in the finale. It wouldnt be that bad if we find out somethings been going on BTS in the end of the season. Would be a shocking revelation but I know what you mean when we all want to see the real thing. One can only dream!

"Have you ever lied to someone you loved...yes...Did they ever forgive you?...They never found out..."- Tiva
Old 12-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oh man, the episode did get my hopes up about a necklace gift especially when tony's like, "you wont' get your present" "no gifts, remember?" "if i got you a present" convo at the begining in the squadroom. i was like, "OMG, YES, HE TOTALLY GOT HER SOMETHING" and then the episode ended and iw as like, "oh darn, he didn't" haha. i mean, the last scene was still so sweet, them exchanging smiles and whatnot but i wanted moreeeeeee haha. we'll always want more when it comes to them!
That's the line that got me excited too and I was for sure thinking we would get a scene with him giving her a gift but alas we did not.

Quote:
It feels like we're getting there with them, they know, we know, it just has to finally happen (DiNozzo, I'm looking at you.) And I'm totally with you Miss Kenton, I would feel cheated and mighty mighty pissed.
I agree. I feel like we're right on the verge of something happening and one of them just has to take that dreaded step forward, the one that'll throw their relationship into the deep end. I want it to happen, so badly! I would love it if it was Tony who jumped off the deep end rather than Ziva, but that's just me.

^^ Oh don't worry Maddie, we don't hate you. I think you make a great point about Tony and Ziva not being the focus of the show and those members of the audience who aren't shippers and just watch for the characters. But I feel that if they were to make Tony and Ziva a couple that it wouldn't have to be the focus of the show. I think it could be subtle, even as subtle as the looks we've been getting now. As a Tiva shipper, I just want to see them acknowledge their feelings to each other and take that next, necessary and somewhat inevitable step. I would never want a ship to be the focus of a show, especially a show as this where I adore all of the characters and love to see them all equally on my screen. Little hints here and there to their relationship, a kiss or two, and maybe one or two bed scenes and I would be a total happy fangirl. Maybe they could do it like they did it with Tony and Jeanne, just a bit less, because I personally got tired of that storyline and didn't like the neediness of Jeanne.

But I completely understand where you're coming from.

Quote:
ETA: I also thought about this recently (thanks to fights with my BF) but how their personalities are so independent. I can't imagine, no matter how much I love someone working with them in that capacity, dangers aside, but the simple hours spent together and then spent romantically. Perhaps that's just me but I also identify with Ziva's character in the relationship aspect that I like to do my own things sometimes, have my own space etc...and it makes me wonder how a relationship like that would work realistically without getting tired of the other person.
I don't know, I think a relationship would work. For this, I think about how much time they spend together in and outside of work. They seem like a really close bunch, not just Tiva, but the entire cast of characters which makes me think that they've been working together a long time and have spent time together outside of the office. Given this, I feel like Tony and Ziva could work great as a couple and that they'd be able to spend time alone without it jeopardizing their relationship. I think if they really did love each other, then they would make it work. Or maybe that's just the romantic in me.

Quote:
I also agree that I am not completely satisfied with the apology scene. It seemed like they became friends rather quickly after everything that happened. Maybe in the upcoming episodes will see them talk about it more or reveal more emotions over what happened.
I really hope that we do! It just feels like it's been a while and it won't get addressed further to me. And also you have to think about those people who watch episodes here and there and aren't crazy fangirls like us Maybe that apology scene was enough for them? I personally would like to see more as well.

Quote:
WIth the way things are headed, i think it would be awesome if they just showed TIVA together in bed in the finale. It wouldnt be that bad if we find out somethings been going on BTS in the end of the season. Would be a shocking revelation but I know what you mean when we all want to see the real thing. One can only dream!
I think I would be angry with that if I watched it but would then come to terms with it.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

^^ IA with everything you said.

I think that the writers could have T/Z be in a relationship without making them the focus of the show. They don't have to have their relationship be the focus for half the episode. A scene every episode, or not even every episode. Just an aknowlegment that they're in a relationship once in a while would be good. I understand that people are afraid that if Tiva get together then they will be the focus but I don't think that's true. NCIS is about a team and I definitely think that whether or not Tiva get together it will stay that way.

Happy belated birthday charlize_angel4
Old 12-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think that the writers could have T/Z be in a relationship without making them the focus of the show. They don't have to have their relationship be the focus for half the episode. A scene every episode, or not even every episode. Just an aknowlegment that they're in a relationship once in a while would be good. I understand that people are afraid that if Tiva get together then they will be the focus but I don't think that's true. NCIS is about a team and I definitely think that whether or not Tiva get together it will stay that way.
Yes, exactly. NCIS is about a team and I don't think the writers would ever make Tiva the focus of the show because of this. I just want acknowledgment like any other shipper. A couple of scenes and moments/kisses here and there and I'm a happy bunny.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

It's a rerun today right?

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 12-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry Jules, I don't know. I think so, it would make sense to me, but I didn't see anything.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Extreme Fan

well said, Miss Kenton, on every point. i completely agree.

some of the "anti" fans can be harsh toward us TZ fans by thinking we want to turn the show into a soap opera which is COMPLETELY not the case. i love the show, i love ALL of the characters and i don't want anything to change. what i DO want to change is just for tony and ziva to acknowledge their feelings. i mean, even those "anti" fans can't argue that there is something there, some tension, some feeling, some curiosity and spark concerning these two that arrived when ziva first walked into the squad room. sure, just flirting, just attraction but after all these seasons, i have no doubt it's developed into real feelings. adn i just want to see them finally acknowledge it.

i'm not asking for a soap opera show. not at all. i don't want things to change much. just a flirty glance an episode, a line or two about movie night or dinner, that's enough for me. just if they'd finally stop doing the dance!

anyways, i think i'm gonna make a TZ picspam of the s7 scenes so far since we still have two weeks on the hiatus and i'm on winter break, woo! i'll link you guys to it when i do.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

I just want it to happen already. Of course it's not going to be centered around their relationship, I've never expected it too but still it's an integral part of the show, it's Tony and Ziva.

Quote:
I just want acknowledgment like any other shipper.
Exactly. That's it.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:35 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree with all of you...i don't want the show to turn in a soap opera like Beautiful..but i would like that Tony and Ziva will acknolowedge their feelings and enter in a relationship withouth make them the focus of the show...even a Tony/Jeanne thing is too much because they had a lot of scenes together and after a while they were kind of boring...i want to see their first kiss and after that some scenes or dialogue here and there that shows that they are together and stop..

And for me Tony and Ziva could work in a relationship..maybe they couldn't in season 3, but now the writers changed the characters in a way that for me they could work. Tony isn't anymore the superficial womanizer and Ziva isn't anymore the cold assassin...they changed a lot through the seasons...and i don't see Ziva as independent like before..yeah sure she is like that but now she wants a family, a home..she wants to settle down...and Tony is reaching that point too. They are making a new journey and a new relationship between them
Closed Thread   Post New Thread