Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Ehh.. as a Bones viewer I think mistletoe kisses can be sexy fun times, but they're kind of cheating It's like they've kissed, but they're still more or less in the same place they were before the kiss and there's just no forward motion

Quote:
Very true Avery! I think the writers have to incorporate Tiva slowly or else it may alienate other non-Tiva viewers.
Exactly. As much as we want Tiva, the show is still supposed to be about the NCIS team on the whole. Tiva's an added bonus

Quote:
And also for us, I think. I mean it's nice having all this great Tiva stuff but I don't want it to happen all so fast because, at least for me, it makes it seem contrived and I don't want that, not at all. So I'm perfectly fine with the pace of it right now. As long as we get something and don't get ignored I'm happy.
I'm right there with you The little stuff along the way is the fun stuff, anyways. The big stuff has a habit of getting complicated :\ heh
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 10-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

hey MaryEllen, I'm Ellie
I think a mistletoe kiss would be more a Tim/Abby thing?
But it would be cute with Tiva!

TIMABBY|MACSTELLA|TONYZIVA|BOOTHBONES|SAMFREDDIE|WILLEMMA

Last edited by dropasunshine; 10-15-2009 at 12:09 PM
Old 10-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can sorta see how the mistletoe kiss would play out

SCENE:

Abby's Lab: Abby has decorated her lab for the christmas season and has placed a mistletoe hanging from the ceiling.

Tony and Ziva are in the lab discussing with Abby about the case, while Abby is all hyped up as usual, and excited for the holiday's. She points out the two of them are standing under the mistletoe. Tony kinda grins like lay one on me Ziva, but than they look seriously at each other, the awkwardness we saw in the elevator, and Ziva remembers Abby is still looking and casually, but quickly gives Tony a peck on the lips. Both look hot and bothered

haha okay maybe I am thinking about this too much. We can only dream *blush*

"Have you ever lied to someone you loved...yes...Did they ever forgive you?...They never found out..."- Tiva
Old 10-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Lol. Okay, there is a kind of potential for cuteness, but I think I'd rather have a real Christmas kiss, lol. Idk. I don't think I know what I want
I love you but, I don't even know why
Old 10-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Loyal Fan

aw cute scene

I think I read some fanfiction at ff.net with a kiss under the mistletoe
But ,like Ellie said, it's more like a Mcgee/Abby thing, imo.

and lol Avery I thought of Bones immediately when I read the word "mistletoe". XD

Ps. A little article just posted at EW.com:

Quote:
Michael Weatherly on Tony and Ziva of 'NCIS': a relationship would be like 'Kryptonite'
by Lynette Rice
Categories: Television

There’s no mistaking the serious chemistry between Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo (Michael Weatherly) and Officer Ziva David (Cote de Pablo) on NCIS, but fans shouldn’t get too caught up in the will-they-or-won’t-they drama, warns the actor.”Let’s look at it from a practical angle,” Weatherly told EW.com exclusively. “It’s Kryptonite! She’s an assassin! That’s like marrying a hooker. You gotta be real comfortable with the fact she’s gonna go hook! I don’t see how, domestically, (a relationship) would work. But that’s me. Tony DiNozzo is completely unaware. You never know. Maybe they’ll be like those YouTube videos when you see the mongoose and the snake. Before they ever got together, one of them will kill each other. You never know.”

So far, NCIS fans have seen Ziva give Tony a peck on the cheek (in the season premiere last month, Tony and the team rescued Ziva from being held hostage). Is there more canoodling on the horizon? Weatherly is loathe to give any spoilers about future episodes, other than reassuring fans that “whatever is going to happen, it will not be cheesy. If I sense a beat coming up where I have to do something that feels forced and inauthentic, which I think would involve holding hands with Ziva, I will assume it’s because some greater hand is at work that involves a terrible ending.”
Michael Weatherly on Tony and Ziva of 'NCIS': a relationship would be like 'Kryptonite' | EW.com
Old 10-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
"If I sense a beat coming up where I have to do something that feels forced and inauthentic, which I think would involve holding hands with Ziva, I will assume it’s because some greater hand is at work that involves a terrible ending.”
What the hell does that mean?

And the more i watch the elevator scene the more I feel confused by it. It makes me sad. But I think thats the point, showing where they are right now, awkward, I want more growth. I want the bantering back.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

So Michael Weatherly doesn't want Tony and Ziva to hook up, big deal, thats just his opinion. And no surprise, because he has never been keen on seeing these two get together. Cote on the other hand, I dont think would mind if you know what i mean haha wink wink*

But its not Michael who decides what happens between these two. I think for him its hard to imagine these two characters be all lovey dovey with each other and 'hold hands' as he says. But thats not exactly what we fans need. Sure it would be nice but hes right, it would feel inauthentic. We probably wont get to see a relationship but we can at least hope and probably will get to see these two at least hook up.

The rest will probably be left for off the screen and for us to decide what happens when the show ends. Michael has always said that putting two characters together ruins the dynamic and the show so he is probably afraid thats what will happen if the writers go that route. He is quite right- everyone loves to see the build up no one likes to watch when we get there. So I hope we get to see alot more teasing and buildup, and maybe one sex scene, before the show ends at least.

"Have you ever lied to someone you loved...yes...Did they ever forgive you?...They never found out..."- Tiva
Old 10-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh, I really hate some of the posters saying that Ziva fans will start attacking MW's answer. It irks me when people generalize fans of her character together. But I digress... I completely understand MW's logic though. Who knows his character better than himself after all? Honestly, can anyone imagine Tiva holding hands and walking into work together all lovey dovey? Not me. If written well, Tiva could work. Their relationship shouldn't take priority over Team Gibbs (at least I don't think so) because this team is the heart of the show. It's why people watch. Tony/Ziva being together would just be an awesome bonus, and something that the writers could portray subtly, thus pleasing both sides.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase the memories (View Post)
Honestly, can anyone imagine Tiva holding hands and walking into work together all lovey dovey? Not me. If written well, Tiva could work. Their relationship shouldn't take priority over Team Gibbs (at least I don't think so) because this team is the heart of the show. It's why people watch. Tony/Ziva being together would just be an awesome bonus, and something that the writers could portray subtly, thus pleasing both sides.

All good points. My initial reaction when I read it was, what the hell but yeah I see his point completely. I guess this season will be slow for them just because there is just so much there, some hurt but the act of the both of them trying to get back to a sort of normal will be interesting, very awkward and a little sad, but interesting. I keep changing my mind about the all the thing but right now I'm okay with how things are going.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm right there with you The little stuff along the way is the fun stuff, anyways. The big stuff has a habit of getting complicated :\ heh
I agree, the little stuff is always the fun stuff. The little stuff is what, actually, makes a ship for me. I mean that's what gets a person hooked right, and, like you said, the big stuff can get complicated and angsty and we don't necessarily want that all of the time.

MW's words don't surprise me. Like someone said it's not surprise that he's not really for the characters getting together, but I also think that what he means by together is not what we mean by together. Tiva for me has never been that lovey dovey ship. So I wouldn't expect that stuff if they were together. I completely agree that if written in the right manner Tiva can work on the show, any ship can imo. I just feel like the writers are too afraid to take the risk and alienate some fans and lose ratings, but all great things are worth taking the risk. And I certainly don't want Tiva to become the main aspect of the show. That's not necessarily why I started watching and it would kind of cheapen it in a way for me. That's why I'm so fine getting hints here and there.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

I would like them to be together, preferably towards the end of this season, but not at the cost of character assassinations on both Tony and Ziva's part. I love both characters individually and together, and I would hate to see them written out of character. Tiva is never going to be that mushy couple, which is what attracted them to me in the first place. I want that dynamic they've shared to continue if they ever go that extra mile... hot, intense, passionate, with a side of flirtatiousness and sexual tension. Their relationship could be written well and not be front and center to appease most of their audience. As long as they don't overshadow the plots/cases, people shouldn't have any reason to complain. Of course, not everyone will be happy about it, but it's their loss then.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I want that dynamic they've shared to continue if they ever go that extra mile... hot, intense, passionate, with a side of flirtatiousness and sexual tension. Their relationship could be written well and not be front and center to appease most of their audience. As long as they don't overshadow the plots/cases, people shouldn't have any reason to complain. Of course, not everyone will be happy about it, but it's their loss then.
Yes, I totally agree. And it really will be a loss to those who don't like. Oh and can I just say that the way you described their relationship totally made me all giddy for what we could possibly get?!
Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Speaking of, I think I need to PM you a rant that's not appropriate on FF. I have to let off some steam.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

I totally replied back.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

Replying back.

Just to bring some pretty into this thread.