Barney Stinson SS Thread #1:

The 1st Barney Stinson Spoiler and Speculation Thread

SEASON 05:

PROMOS:

CBS Fall Promo
How I Met Your Mother New Time Promo

INTERVIEWS:
How I Met Your Mother Swaps Spit This Season - E! Online
Cobie talking about Neil and Barney/Robin (Emmys 2009: Cobie Smulders)
Neil on Cobie and HIMYM (Neil Patrick Harris on 'HIMYM')

EPISODES:

5.21 - Twin Beds
Airdate: May 3rd
TED AND BARNEY FIGHT OVER THEIR LOVE FOR ROBIN, ON "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, MAY 3
"Twin Beds" - When Ted and Barney jeopardize Robin's new relationship by professing their love for her, Robin realizes that she is finally over them. Meanwhile, after spending a weekend sleeping in twin beds, Marshall and Lily decide to get twin beds at home, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, May 3 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

5.22 - Robots vs Wrestlers
Airdate: May 10th

5.24 - The Wedding Bride
Airdate: May 17th

5.23 - Dopplegangers
Airdate: May 24th
"Doppelgangers" -- Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lily (Alyson Hannigan) make a secret pact that says when they finally see Barney's (Neil Patrick Harris) doppelganger, they will start trying to have a baby, on the fifth season finale of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, May 24 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2010 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

SPOILERS:
Quote:
Drew22: More HIMYM scoop, please!
When you see Neil Patrick Harris in the finale, you may piss yourself. Pretty outrageous costume alert, and it's not far off from Carrot Top after sticking his finger in a light socket! Legendary.
Source: Kristin, March 29th
Quote:
When I talked to Carter Bays, he said, “There's going to be some big shakeups in the second half of the season between the characters.” Can you give some hints as to what's going on with Robin?
What goes on in Carter's head, I don't even know. I feel like there is going to be like – without it sounding dirty – a threeway. [laughs] Robin, Ted and Barney – I think their emotions are going to come to a head. I don't know how it's going to end up. I know it involves me and the guys and Don. That's really all I've been told. I don't know if I'm going to end up with Barney again. I really have no idea. But I know it'll be something in terms of shifting in their relationship.
Source: LA Times, March 15th
Quote:
Ready for some news as awesome as Barney Stinson himself?

How I Met Your Mother executive producer Cater Bays tells me exclusively that there will be “an attempted reconciliation between two exes” later this season.

Does this mean Robin and Barney will rekindle their legendarily short romance? Bays hinted at such a possibility a few months ago when he told me the couple’s “story is not over, for sure.”

Then again, it could just as easily be Ted and Robin. Or Ted and Stella. Or Ted and… Well, you get the picture. There are a lot of options.
Source: Ausiello, February 26th
Quote:
Question: Please tell me it’s not really the end for Barney and Robin on How I Met Your Mother! —Daphne
Ausiello: Neil Patrick Harris isn’t convinced it is. “I think there are still feelings there,” he says. “I don’t know that it’s done.” Regardless, the romance — which he says was “supposed to be two, maybe three episodes and it turned into seven” — served its purpose in that it humanized Barney. “At a certain point when you see someone who is just abhorrent week in and week out with his sexual conquests it’s nice to figure out what the Kryptonite is there,” he says. “Otherwise, [he] becomes a one-trick pony. So I’m glad that they fleshed him out a little bit. I also got to work with Cobie in a more serious nature. It was fun to do actual scenes with her as opposed to just being jokey.” What now? Does Barney just revert back to being a one-dimensional cad? “There’s no way to not go back to where he was pre-Robin,” he maintains. “That’s Barney Stinson in a nutshell. He suppresses all actual emotion and just plants his seed wherever he goes. Can I say that in EW? I meant it in a dirty way.” Actually, you can’t. I’ll let this one slide.
Source: Ausiello, December 16th
Quote:
Question: Count me among those fans not happy about the Barney-Robin split on How I Met Your Mother. Is Barney just going to return to his old womanizing ways? —Gerald
Ausiello: Exec producer Carter Bays insists Barney is a changed man as a result of his short-lived romance with Robin — just don’t expect to notice any of those changes right away. “Barney’s a lot like the economy,” he says. “You can pass a stimulus package, but it will take a while to take effect. But he’s definitely affected by it. It’s definitely changed him.” Any hints as to what those changes will look like? “I probably shouldn’t say,” he hedges. “But in the second half of the season, there will be some events coming up that sort of bring that to light.”
Source: Ausiello, November 25th
Quote:
How I Met Your Mother’s decision to bring the Barney-Robin love story to a premature climax has left fans feeling decidedly unsatisfied. But executive producer Carter Bays insists the romance was sacrificed for a greater good: the preservation of Neil Patrick Harris’ legendary ladies’ man.

“None of us wanted to see Barney wearing a sweater-vest and going to bed-and-breakfasts,” says Bays, adding that it makes sense the relationship would “flame out fast” given that “neither of them, at their core, really wanted to be tied down.” Bays also believes that, deep down, viewers prefer single Barney to attached Barney. “It’s one of those things where you can give people what they think they want, or what they really want.”
And should some of them feel that they really want him to settle down with Robin, Bays offers this bit of hope. “[They] could get relationship amnesia and decide, ‘Hey, this is a good idea!’” he proposes. “This could be the first of many flameouts for them.”

Bays, however, stops short of saying a full-fledged reconciliation could be in their future. “I don’t want to say reconciliation,” he says. “But the story is not over, for sure.”

What do you think? Is Bays right? Did you really want to see Barney and Robin go their separate ways? Sound off in the comments!
Source: Ausiello, November 20th

Last edited by jhlover; 04-20-2010 at 07:26 AM
Old 08-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

I love it!

I AM SO EXCITED!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

thanks, I'll ask someone to make a banner because I can't access photoshop.

I realize every spoiler about Barney inculdes Robin but I don't think anyone's gonna mind
Old 08-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

I think Barney/Robin and Barney come hand in hand when it comes to discussing spoilers for this season! It's going to be very hard to talk about one without the other so I vote we don't even try!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

yep, that's how it's gonna be and I don't care

with every news and pics we've been getting lately, it's making the wait even harder.

But it's only a month away. EXACTLY!!!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Squee!
Old 08-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yay Spoiler thread!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

So to continue what I was saying in the spoiler board thread... I am so glad we get to see Robin showing some affection. I can't wait until we get to see Barney touching her in return, a hand on her thigh or whatever and I really really want that, but I know we'll get it in the ep and seeing that Robin feels things too is what's important in those pictures
Old 08-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

There definitely looks like an affectionate/flirty exchange at the bar.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so glad they're showing Robin's affections for him. We already know his side of things and he's not gonna hold back, I can see him doing all these gestures torwards her

but I must say after watching the pic so many times,
HAND ON THIGH!!!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm crashing from my sugar high (never call a tub of ice cream lunch) and I'm feeling lost because I don't remember a hand on thigh and I don't even remember where to look now
Old 08-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

From this pic:
Old 08-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you Vanessa!

Oh, and
Old 08-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

HAND ON THIGH!!! and HANDS!!

Old 08-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan