Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrguy (View Post)
My guess would be his memories are like he is watching them on TV rather than something he actually experienced. He can put together that he was acting emotionally eventually, but at the moment he is assuming it was a logical thing.
I agree that makes alot of sense Its like he knows about it but can't feel it!!

Old 01-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah he remembers being there but cant feel what he felt back then, that would be frustrating.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
My guess would be his memories are like he is watching them on TV rather than something he actually experienced. He can put together that he was acting emotionally eventually, but at the moment he is assuming it was a logical thing.
Ahhh, now I understand. This makes complete sense.

I imagine it would be frustrating for both of them, equally I think. Her not being able to express what she feels for him and him not being able to understand why he no longer feels the way he felt for her. I can't imagine having to go through that. It would be torturous.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:27 AM
Total Fan

I agree It must be incredibly frustrating!

Old 01-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

It would and it would explain why he would be so mad about it as Boyd said he would be.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, so true. And I have to say that that's so genius of Joss. At first I was angry with him for going this route because it seemed like the cliche route, but once you think about it, it's the more torturous one because if he had just taken away his memories then Paul would not understand why Echo was acting the way she is with him, or even recognize her. It would hurt Echo, but in this way it hurts both of them.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I mean she still gets hurt but this way she's not alone in it even if we havent really seen Paul hurting over it, he must be.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

Right, exactly. I'm pretty sure he's hurting over it. I mean just his interactions in the last episode with Mellie kinda reveal that. He's trying to understand and not getting anywhere and it seems like it's frustrating to him. I feel horrible for Echo though because you can truly see how much she cares for and loves him.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I feel worse for Echo for some reason, she just seems more hurt by his actions and by what Tophers done than Paul's side, I think Paul seems more confused than truly hurt.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Total Fan

I agree I cannot imagine how bad Echos feeling!

Old 01-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

I agree too. I think you are right in saying that Paul is more confused whereas Echo is genuinely hurt. I mean just looking at her face throughout the entire last episode was heartbreaking and then when you saw her with Paul! Pure torture. But I hope that things are well in the finale.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

It stands to reason that Paul is more confused than hurt right now. Even if he were to find out what he lost he would still be disconnected from it. (& what Boyd said will put him on the right track for that,) He might hurt for Echo when he realizes what happened,but it isn't the same! But I think he can get it back though, he can fall for her again, especially since Caroline is fully in the mix & at least seems on board with it.

Last edited by Oldrguy; 01-28-2010 at 11:30 PM
Old 01-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He might hurt for Echo when he realizes what happened,but it isn't the same!
So true. And I think this would explain his initial reaction when he was brought out of his coma state. He is truly disconnected with his emotions for Echo right now, but I think that you are right and that he can fall for her again.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah he was a bit of a jerk to her when he first came out of the como but IA that he can fall for ehr again and I believe he will.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

Is there a new episode tonight?