Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

i couldnt stop crying after watching this movie....kate was soo awesome in this one....but its sooo sad
Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

After seeing parts of the movie again and again, I think I can say why April commited an abortion. She was driven mad. She wanted to fulfill her dreams right there and then, and so Paris became a kind of heaven to her, the only place on earth her dreams would become true. Remember how happy she was when she announced her plan to Frank? She was too immature to me, to think twice and say that it wasn't healthy to change their lives so quickly. She wanted to become famous, leave all these days of housekeeping and babysitting away. But she couldn't do that, she was watching her dreams falling apart one after the other, and she was too weak to cooperate with that, so she was driven mad. As a result, she lost her life.

Laurelle's Titanic Fanfic
Old 06-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Absolute Fan

I absolutely love this movie . It's an amazing movie. Both Kate & Leo do such amazing jobs in this movie, it's great to see them in another movie together.

Could I please be added to the list?
Old 06-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Master Fan

Added

What did you think of Kate and Leo's performances, Jess?

Old 06-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks

In my opinion, both Leo & Kate did such amazing & outstanding performances in this film! I was so happy when Kate won her GG Award for her performance in this film, she truly deserved it . I just wish Leo could have one his as well....
Old 07-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Master Fan

Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Absolute Fan

I so need to watch this movie again & soon!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Loyal Fan

I want be added too...if I`m not

love this song so much ( reminds me of Holy smoke )

Some things are going to work out as if they were destined to happen, as if they were just meant to be.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

Added But I'll be honest with you, I didn't like the vid at all...

Old 07-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Loyal Fan

I saw the movie yesterday I think for the 4th time and was as the times before too amazed by Kate`s performance.
By the way I`m never sure for which one I should feel more sorry for...Frank or April.
It is the same old story. Two people meet, fall in love, get married and just lost each other again ( that`s why I don`t believe in marriage and happy ever after ). It doesn`t exist. There might be only a few people who are that lucky.
Anyway...maybe I can understand April now a lttle bit better and why she did that abortion by herself.

Some things are going to work out as if they were destined to happen, as if they were just meant to be.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Absolute Fan

The video was okay. However, I don't like how people always say that this is Jack & Rose later on in their lives, It just annoyes me!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Me too And to what Tine said, about her beliefs on marriage... I actually do happen to believe in marriage, no matter the struggles. Of course, no one tells us that, in a life-long relationship suddenly all problems that might occur with the marriage are solved. I don't know if that makes sense, it's just that marriage and life-long relationships don't make such a big difference to me. Marriage just makes everything official. If Frank and April weren't a married couple, but still were together, and had their babys, but were life-long lovers, then I think that they'd have to face the same difficulties. Marriage doesn't know of personalities, of limits, of dreams... I think that Frank and April didn't know what they really wanted from life, so they just tried to do what they thought was best for them, and that's the huge gap between them. April was sick of her life there, as a stay-at-home wife and mother. Frank, on the other hand, might have hated his job at first, but, later, he suddenly realized that he's not a child anymore, and that he should stop making stupid dreams (because that's what he thought April's dreams to be), so he just thought that it'd be better if he made this sacrifice and kept providing for his family the way he did. If I sympathize with April, I do, for the reason that she's a free sprited woman (PO), and she suddenly finds herself trapped in a marriage and two kids. She said so to Frank herself: "You're just a boy that made me laugh at a party once". I don't know whether or not had she given up being in love with Frank, I think she did, but that was only because she was driven mad. The dream, the plans, the unexpected pregnancy... I don't think she was that strong to deal with these all, so she just lost her mind. And Frank didn't really know what was going on, because he suddenly felt like all the balances that he had brought to his life and family were suddenly beginning to fall apart. I think they're both immature, not meaning that they behave like kids, just because they don't know what they want from life, I highly doubt they even know themselves that well. I believe that a relationship can survive, whether we're talking about marriage or life-long relationships, if only the people in that relationship know themselves well, first, and the person they are with, second. Whether it has something to do with Titanic, on the first look, no, but, on a second point of view, it's the different kinds of relationships, characters, and feelings. Kate and Leo's characters in Titanic are just two young kids, who want to explore life the best they can, and that's why they fall in love. Their characters in RR, on the other hand, are just to people who have fallen in love once, then got engaged and married, just because society back then demanded so (I don't know if you've read the book, April had got pregnant long before she and Frank get married.) I think they'd be happier in a life-long relatioship, because it could be stopped whenever they wanted. But they couldn't get divorced, not because of the kids, but because of society. They had a good name in society and chose to destroy it together. While in the beginning of the movie, their neighbors admire them a lot and want to be their friends, in the end, they just keep talking on how neurotic, how ugly they were in character. To sum up, I do sympathize with both Frank and April, for the reason because they chose to destroy themselves without even knowing it, in a relationship that could have both a beginning and an end. They did the beginning, they couldn't find the end.

(yeah, I've seen the movie too many times )

Old 07-22-2012, 05:06 AM
Loyal Fan

That is right. You can`t compare Titanic with RR. Both are completly different stories and with a huge time difference of 43 years (1912-1955). If both had survived the sinking of Titanic they should look much older.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:44 AM
Master Fan

Considering that Rose was born in 1895 (so that she could be 17 in 1912), in 1955 she should be 60. April is supposed to be around 30-35. So, of course, Rose and April have nothing in common, except for have come to life by the same actress.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Only one thing is to compare...Kate`s outstanding performance in both movies . But I think some scenes in RR are more complicate to play. For example the scene with April at the telephone before her abortion. Where she want to speak with her children or just want make sure that they are allright. It breaks my heart . Kate should have won the Oscar for that movie...sorry for both movies.