Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Message Board Closure Notice

Hi everyone. This announcement is to inform you that this message board will be closed and moved into the Closed Forums category on November 8th, due to a lack of sustained traffic. We had established a minimum daily post count requirement of 15 posts per board per day, and unfortunately, this board did not meet that minimum requirement twice in the last six months, so the Management Team and I have made this difficult decision. We encourage you to start discussion topics about Kate Winslet on the Celebrities Forum here at Fan Forum after this board has closed, so you can continue to discuss your favorite celebrity here. We regret the necessity of having to do this, but we want Fan Forum to be a website with message boards that are busy and thriving, so we can add more boards and build for the future. Thanks for understanding.

Sincerely,
Jerry D

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-03-2015, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

I woke up to this news this morning with a message from Laurelle and I have to say I'm gutted this board is closing.

I first found this board via the board's twitter account, It was that twitter made me discover fanforum and what an awesome place it is. I first joined in 2013, and eventually, I became a mod of this board for a few months, I however, had to step down as college got in the way and so did life, but I really enjoyed my time as a mod here, it was great fun.

I did take a break initially BUT however, did come back and start posting again, but not often, as life just got in the way of everything

Thanks to this board, I've made some awesome and amazing friends, including the two mods of the Kate board, Laurelle and Maggie, they're such crazy, but awesome people and I'm so happy to have them as my friends, and that they'll remain for as long as can be.

I'll be very sad to see this board go, but I made some wonderful memories on here and I'll always be a fan of Kate, she's someone I really look up to. I'll also continue coming on fanforum as I love this website, I couldn't leave.

Hugs to all
Old 11-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I am so sorry to hear about the board. Had I known, I would have tried to post here as much as I could.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 11-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so sorry, guys
Old 11-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I'm so sorry, you guys!

I had a blast temp modding here when I did! I wish I could have done more to help keep the board alive, but what's meant to be will be.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 11-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

I don't have the words to say exactly how I feel so I'll just sum it up to this:

Because this board closes, doesn't mean that our love for Kate will stop.

I wish I were as active here now as I was in the past, but college had taken the best of me and it still goes on doing so. As sad as seeing this board go makes me, it also makes me feel rather happy: it was a part of an amazing journey and it really helped me through hard times. It was amazing being a mod here, and I will always have fond memories of posting here There is nothing I can do to stop this from happening, so I just guess I will have to do what Kate has taught me (and others) to do: move on. Life goes on.

I am sure everyone on here will go on following Kate and loving her as much as we used to, and we can still talk about her if we want That's what the Celebrities board is here for I am sure everyone will be looking back and remember at all the happy times made here, but, once real life gets the roll, some sacrifices have to be made.

This might be my last post on this board, so I would like to leave this message:

Don't be sad that it's over. Be happy that you could experience it. Carry memories from here. But move on. Life moves on. Kate will always be there, the captain of the ship, to support and teach us that, even in hardships, we should not give in, but take a deep breath, make the first step and, before we know it, we've reached a new destination.

Here's for the journey to continue!

Laurelle's Titanic Fanfic
Old 11-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for coming in here, everyone. I'm going to miss this board tremendously and I'm so sad to see it go. It's really been a pleasure posting here.

Laurelle, really nice words. I'll miss this board and posting with you guys a lot. I hope I still see you, Maggie, Jen, all the other Kate posters around.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

Lovely post from you there Laurelle, your words ring true

Jas, for sure, I'd love to keep in contact somehow!