Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2011, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, me too. Especially when she says those funny stories of her family
Old 04-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Supreme Fan

Kate Winlset the new face of St.John

When St. John replaced Angelina Jolie with Karen Elson they made it clear they were going in search of their roots.

They’d gotten lost along the way, chasing the youth factor, hiring an actress instead of Kelly Gray to be their face and re-working their stable of classics. But now it appears as if they’ve steadied, and they’re jumping back on the A-list bandwagon. It makes sense that the first face of the new St. John would be Kate Winslet.

Winslet’s one of the few A-list actors who feels accessible — everyone loves her even though she’s gorgeous, wealthy and ridiculously talented. She’ll appeal to the classic St. John customer as well as a younger crowd, and the other brand she reps, Lancôme, is perfectly aligned with St. John.

WWD reports they’re shooting the fall ads in New Jersey, with Craig McDean, today.

from katewinsletfan.com looking forward to seeein this photos-it seems to be a fashion campaign I think-I havent heard of it before though
Old 04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

I hope she'll work with Mario Testino again for the campaign. If that happens I'll seriously die.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

That's Awesome, I'm happy for her

Damon♥Elena Oliver♥Felicity Rafael♥Jane Elijah♥Hayley
Old 04-29-2011, 01:39 AM
Supreme Fan

me to Fatima I would love to see more of Testinos pictures-he just did the Royal portrait for Prince William and Kate and it was so natural-I really love that picture

A critic listed there six favourite Kate films-the best of her career

Leonardo DiCaprio described Kate Winslet as one of the greatest actresses of her generation, and he is not in the least exaggerating. The 35-year-old British actress has an outstanding list of film credits to her name, starring in more than 25 movies. Here are some of the highlights of her career:

Heavenly Creatures (1994)

Heavenly Creatures was Kate Winslet’s first feature film. Not only was she 17 at the time, she was also competing against 175 girls who auditioned for the role of Juliet Hulme. With her winning the part, her career as a notable movie actress took off.

Winslet plays one of two sisters who get separated by their parents who fear that their fantasy lives are becoming too intense. She and Melanie Lynskey, who plays the other sister, were so absorbed by their role that they stayed in character after the filming was done, according to director Peter Jackson.

Sense and Sensibility (1995)
First published in 1811 by the English novelist, Jane Austen, Sense And Sensibility tells the story of two daughters and their mother who are left in reduced circumstances after their father dies. Winslet plays Marianne Dashwood, one of the two daughters. Her performance earned her various awards.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
Although the movie tells the story about a couple who undergo a procedure to erase each other from their memories, we would not want to see Kate Winslet’s neurotic performance in Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind being erased from this list. Alongside comedic actor Jim Carrey, she gives a wonderful and witty performance which proves that Winslet is capable of taking on any genre.

As a result she got nominated for an Oscar in the category, “Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role.” She mentioned in Empire Magazine that the movie features her own favorite performance.

The Reader (2008)
Winslet received her first and long-awaited Oscar for her performance in The Reader. However, she was initially not able to take on the role of the German Hanna Schmitz, due to a scheduling conflict with Revolutionary Road. As Nicole Kidman was planned to replace her, she also had to leave the project a month after filming began due to her pregnancy. Since filming of her had not begun yet, Winslet was able to rejoin the film.

The story is set in a post-war Germany. Winslet portrayed a 36-year-old, bitter woman who has an affair with a teenager. It is an adaption of the novel by Bernhard Schlink, first published in 1995.

Revolutionary Road (2008)

Directed by Sam Mendes, to whom she was married at the time, and the first reunion project between her and off-screen pal Leonardo DiCaprio since the 1997 blockbuster, Titanic, Kate Winslet said her experience on making Revolutionary Road was “spectacular,” and so is the movie itself.

The story, based on a novel by Richard Yates, revolves around the struggling relationship of a young couple who live in suburban Connecticut in the 1950s. Winslet received a Golden Globe for her amazing performance as April Wheeler.

Titanic (1997)
It became the most successful movie of all time (until Avatar came along) and transformed Winslet immediately into a commercial movie star. Winslet revealed that the experience was very emotionally demanding. She had to learn how to scuba dive in preparation for her scenes in the water. As she wanted to give the most genuine performance possible, Winslet was also one of the few actors who didn’t want to wear a wetsuit during those scenes. As a result she got pneumonia.

Other notable Kate Winslet movies: Little Children (2006), Finding Neverland (2004), The Life Of David Gale (2003), Quills (2000), Hamlet (1996) and The Holiday (2006).

katewinsletfan.com
Old 04-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

That is a great list. I think I would change a few things. Thanks for posting Lizie
Old 04-29-2011, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like that list! Nice to see HC on there. Thanks for posting.

That fashion stuff you posted awhile back is interesting too, Lizie.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Supreme Fan

which ones would you change Fatima?

I still havent got around to Heavely Creatures so I guess I cant say anything about that one but the rest I would agree with
Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Master Fan

I would change Heavenly Creatures and replace it with Little Children. I know Heavenly Creatures is her first film but it's not one of her best. Little Children was much better. And I don't think that The Life Of David Gale is that notable. It wasn't very good.

Some new magazine scans. It's an interesting article but nothing new.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you so much for the scans, Fatima!

You don't need an invitation to your own life
Old 05-02-2011, 04:49 AM
Supreme Fan

thanks for the scans Fatima

Yeh I was surprised that Life of David Gale was there-critics hated it, adding as one of Kate's worst films

I've only seen Little Children once but I want to see it again i enjoyed that film
Old 05-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

You're welcome. I didn't like the Life of David very much either. But I don't think it's one of Kate's worst films
Old 05-03-2011, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

'Life of David' is not my favorite Kate film but it was entertaining.

Thanks for the scans, Fatima!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

I agree with you about the film. And you're welcome
Old 05-04-2011, 04:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Kate Winslet goes commando under her Stella McCartney gown - mirror.co.uk

I reeally dont know if she's joking or not hehe