Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Mildred Pierce sounds interesting though

it would be great to see Kate do more TV work as she was hilarious in extras
Old 08-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It does Lizie, esp. a mini series where we can see her more than once with something on a particular story Im crossing my fingers its on HBO Hopefully Kate will be a draw in for it Oh yeah and she was on Extras which was also on HBO
Old 08-22-2009, 06:53 AM
Elite Fan

I just got caught up on the news from the previous threads and that last one with her and Tara Reid..was the one that caught my eye the most. For real?

"I make music for the ears,
not for the eyes."
Adele | Catch
Old 08-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica3311 (View Post)
It does Lizie, esp. a mini series where we can see her more than once with something on a particular story Im crossing my fingers its on HBO Hopefully Kate will be a draw in for it Oh yeah and she was on Extras which was also on HBO
hopefully if she's on HBO, people will upload it to YT so i can see it. i live like in the middle of nowhere!
Old 08-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

I like that she's participating in a miniseries... Make way for an Emmy!!! I know I shouldn't be so award-oriented when it comes to her, but I can't help it.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo (View Post)
I like that she's participating in a miniseries... Make way for an Emmy!!! I know I shouldn't be so award-oriented when it comes to her, but I can't help it.
well, she's an award-winning actress , so...
Old 08-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

... and has nominations up the wazoo... So okay, not gonna apologize for it... cause she deserved one for her "Extras" gig.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
... and has nominations up the wazoo... So okay, not gonna apologize for it... cause she deserved one for her "Extras" gig.

altho, couldn't watch that again, because of living in belgium!
Old 08-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So this book which is on the best sellers list called "Spin" might be made into a movie...and I could see Kate as the character "Jennie Weinstein". A younger, hipper, sexier, edgier controversial version of DWP sort of character like Meryl protrayed except in the PR world. I can see her in expensive suits and totally doing this part. What do you guys think?

Quote:
Taylor Green is a corn-fed young man from the Midwest who stumbles into New York without a clue, a contact, or a proper wardrobe. Through true serendipity (or possibly misfortune), he is hired by the outrageous Jennie Weinstein, the sleepless city's most notorious public relations diva. As he morphs into her most trusted assistant and and confidant, Taylor is sucked into a whirlwind of restaurant openings, gossip, and fashion shows. Suddenly, Taylor is thrust into the center of a world he never knew existed: a world of sex, greed, power, drugs, and fame ruled by Jennie Weinstein herself. Under Jennie's guidance, Taylor quickly discovers that there isn't a catastrophe, betrayal, or personality that can't be spun to suit a client's needs. the perks are sweet: rubbing elbows (and other appendages) with big-name celebrities, the sudden parting of velvet ropes, and thousands of dollars' worth of free designer duds. But like all swag, it comes at a price, and Taylor struggles to balance his own definition of sanity with that of Jennie's drug-fueled, high-intensity world.

The stakes only get higher, for as Taylor rapidly climbs New York's social ladder, Jennie's assignments become increasingly bizarre. Finally, when his relentless pursuit of "spin" threatens to spin his own life totally out of control, Taylor is forced to decide whether the cutthroat ends of a top public relations business justify the diabolical and often hilarious means to a successful career.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

Val - Dvd, honey... I don't have it myself, but at least it's an option.

^ I need to read that more thoroughly later... My eyes can't focus at the moment. Too tired...
Old 08-24-2009, 04:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Val - Dvd, honey... I don't have it myself, but at least it's an option.

^ I need to read that more thoroughly later... My eyes can't focus at the moment. Too tired...

ah, gotta love Mininova! i'm getting the full episode now, & watched a part available on YT. it was so funny.
polishing his Oscar? what the...?

Last edited by silversparkle; 08-24-2009 at 05:09 AM
Old 08-24-2009, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

Torrents do the trick! That and YouTube.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Torrents do the trick! That and YouTube.
totally! best inventions ever! though YT is losing its charm.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

^ Yeah, I know. I look for appearances and stuff on there, but they're so quick to yank it off these days.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^ Yeah, I know. I look for appearances and stuff on there, but they're so quick to yank it off these days.
yea, due to copyright issues & bla bla bla!
& also, i can't watch a lot of things because i don't live in the US. where's the fairness in that? i thought YT was meant for sharing stuff!