Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Addicted Fan

^And he was barely mentioned later on! Not until the last 15 minutes where Cameron and John talk about him!
Old 04-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know I hate that too. Sarah just took off right after. Not really even giving Derek a second thought. I hate that that is the way they ended his character
Old 04-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

yeahh same here.

i was shocked...to see how easy he was killed...and i was like..this has to be a dream if he was killed that way! omg. i was...yeahh shocked.

neways, im freaked now by john henry and weaver...im scared to see what theyre gonna do next...

who are those people with the water tanks!!!!?????? haha.

john and savannah were soo cutee...lol.

cameron was cool like always.

sarah arrested at the end...was shocking too!! i was like...seriously????? got caught..that easily??? omg. then that part where john yelled at ellison...oooh...

cant wait for john and cameron to work together alone!!! yay. and season finale next week!!! nooooo. i love this show so much!!!

icon by xxstACEyxx
Old 04-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Addicted Fan

I was SHOCKED to see Derek killed like that ..... he was my fave .....
And then to have Sarah arrested. What is this show doing to me?!
Great episode!
I tried to climb your steps, I tried to chase you down, I tried to see how low I could down to the ground, I tried to earn my way, I tried to change this mind, you better believe that I am trying to beat this•Now and again we try to just stay alive•Two weeks and you ran away.•
Old 04-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

Well crap guess that confirms Derek no longer on the show, a shot to the head but I agree isn't he trained well enough to know that was coming? John Henry stored the entire incident so now Ellison knows it all keeping it from Catherine although JH does not like to keep secrets he does it for Savannah. And they keep mentioning Miles wut up wit dat? Loved this one, wow John Henry and Savannah are in contact a lot, when the machine came and JH was directing Savannah to safety then the transmission got blocked my heart was pounding, thankfully John showed up, finally some action with the machines that was hilarious when Cameron tossed the terminator over the hill

So now Skynet is after Savannah? Catherine just never shows any emotions, her daughter missing and nannie killed, but I love her as a frigid bitch lol, Ellison got a bit upset as it seemed Cat was not concerned for Savannah speaking more of JH, John knows about JH and Ellison interactions with him, this is getting good, kinda cute when John was trying to make small talk with Savannah at first he thought she had an imaginary friend, and she apologized for Derek death.

Its kinda funny, JH has the knowledge to rock both Catherine and Ellison world with what he knows and really none of them can trust each other but yet they let the games go on. Aw John face seeing Sarah being arrested when they came to get Savannah, that was a dirty trick
Old 04-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

Well to play devil's advocate here, we see a war movie or cop show see them make a stupid mistake & think "that couldn't happen" then we find out it was based on a true story. The fact of the matter is, sometimes professionals make amateurish mistakes, they get careless & it costs them there lives. It's sad but it's true. Derek was human, humans make mistakes.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sarah just took off right after. Not really even giving Derek a second thought.
Sarah did what Sarah always does. Take the gun, protect John. There was simply NO time to linger. I wouldn't have thought she would do anything else, personally. She didnt have the luxury.

I guess I dont really see the death as making the character insignificant. I mean, this was a character character himself viewed his own existence as being expendable. While the past few episodes havent been Derek centric, really (which usually always foreshadows a characters death ), I think we saw some changes in him. I mean, it sucks they killed him like that, dont get me wrong. But its all the more tragic in the end to have all that potential and possibilities just wiped away in a second. And thats all it takes.

You can see for the rest of the episode that John is grieving the loss. Not only that, but the end where he is buried the same place as his brother. What was it that Derek said in the beginning of the episode? "Trees, grass, there are worse things." or something like that..very fitting.

So Im sad they killed him off, but not as pissed as some I guess I am worried about the fate of the show though...( everyone better be praying for another season!)...

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 04-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

there better be another season!!!! haha. oh i am totally hoping for another season.

yeah this episode was great, cameron is finally fighting against another terminator and it was so cool how John Henry watched the whole thing....im just scared to see whats inside of his head....of whats hes planning or thinking about all this.....u know? lol.

icon by xxstACEyxx
Old 04-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really hoping we do get another season
Old 04-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxstACEyxx (View Post)
^And he was barely mentioned later on! Not until the last 15 minutes where Cameron and John talk about him!
There is the scene where it really kind of hits Sarah when she's telling Ellison "Derek is dead...5 second pause...Charley is dead". She didn't really get to take it in because they had to run from the house. Her default is to protect John so she didn't have time to really do anything. Saying it out loud made it real. I think the pause was for Derek b\c if it was for Charley, wouldn't it have came after she said Charley's name? Hrm, I prefer to believe it was for Derek.

Also, what was being buried at the end? Not Derek right? I got confused at that part.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)

Last edited by naturellebella; 04-05-2009 at 11:12 AM
Old 04-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

i think it was derek...because they never really knew what was his real name....cuz he was just a kid at that time...soo thts prolly why he had a blank grave...same with kyle reese...there were no documents about them at all until much later....thats what i think....

icon by xxstACEyxx
Old 04-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry, but I am with everyone that said Dereks death was too fast.

TO be honest, I had to rewind the dvr to see it because I was on the computer at the same time and I looked down for a second and missed it.

It wasnt dramatic at ALL. I thought it was weird. They barely mentioned it. :/.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Catherine* (View Post)
Sarah did what Sarah always does. Take the gun, protect John. There was simply NO time to linger. I wouldn't have thought she would do anything else, personally. She didnt have the luxury.

I guess I dont really see the death as making the character insignificant. I mean, this was a character character himself viewed his own existence as being expendable. While the past few episodes havent been Derek centric, really (which usually always foreshadows a characters death ), I think we saw some changes in him. I mean, it sucks they killed him like that, dont get me wrong. But its all the more tragic in the end to have all that potential and possibilities just wiped away in a second. And thats all it takes.

You can see for the rest of the episode that John is grieving the loss. Not only that, but the end where he is buried the same place as his brother. What was it that Derek said in the beginning of the episode? "Trees, grass, there are worse things." or something like that..very fitting.

So Im sad they killed him off, but not as pissed as some I guess I am worried about the fate of the show though...( everyone better be praying for another season!)...
I completely get what you're saying...its just, he was one of my faves!!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, the days when more people used to post here and there was like episode discussions while the episode was airing on TV!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 09-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

The things that should have been...

This was the first episode discussion thread we had wasn't it.