Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Ya Derek is this strong military guy who has evaded death in the future.. then BOOM he's gone. I wish he would of gone out with guns a blazing lol

Haha Yes, Cameron is very durable.

But John looked soo sad at the end, I mean I would be too... like seriously lol

I can't wait!

I didn't see the promo.. Darn Cdn Network lol

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 04-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJG18 (View Post)

Ya Derek is this strong military guy who has evaded death in the future.. then BOOM he's gone. I wish he would of gone out with guns a blazing lol
It's interesting when just a couple episodes ago this happened:

Quote:
John: How long do you think you could survive...with Cameron? If she wanted to kill you, face to face.
Derek: What kind of weapon do I have?
John: Your fists, and your elbows, and your fingernails, and your teeth.
Derek: Against her? Those aren't weapons.
John: No, they're not.
Derek: You already know the answer to that, John. If she wants me dead, I'm dead.
John: She wants you dead, you're dead.
Derek: What are you getting at?
So, if a Terminator wants you dead, you're dead. It was like foreshadowing except for another Terminator. Even though Derek had a gun, he was blindsided and he got killed because of it. Still sad though He was one of my favorites!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Addicted Fan

^He was one of my favorites too. I'm still going to watch the show, but it seems less enjoyable with me without him.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Promo for 2.22 Born to Run

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Master Fan

WTF!? We are going to have much unhappiness here for the next few days! That was pointless! Upside...John Henry does seem to be separate from Sky-Net, Savanna seems important to the future, it was an over all kick ass eppy...but BAG fans are going to be pissed! Who can blame them? sheesh.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Addicted Fan

^Pissed and depressed
Old 04-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya, I think at least this episode has somewhat proved that John Henry is good. I feel like sometimes Catherine is kind of corrupting him by calling him "God" and such but it was nice to see that he cared about Savannah. I like their singing part at the end.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

Holy Crap. Killing off a major character within the first 20mins of the show, and just having it be a shot to the head..over in a second? Gutsy move. I was shocked. Not too many shows would do that in that way. The last time I remember seeing such an unexpected, sudden death that was over in a second, was in Serenity, by Joss Whedon. Now that could be that I only re-watched it a few weeks ago, so its the first similarity that popped in my head

Anyhoo while I dont like it, cause I loved seeing Brian on the show, I think it fits. In a way, this episode has advanced the storyline more than the whole season. It reminds me of Harry Potter in a way (seems weird, I know ), in that everyone had to be stripped from Harry, for Harry to ultimately become who he was, and to know what he had to do. Ironically, Derek's purpose for coming back, to help John become who he is in the future, was probably fullfilled by his death.

Because what happened? Charley, now Derek, with that sudden death..and his mother in jail? Guess who is FORCED to be the leader now? John. Yes, he's been showing signs of being the future!John all season, but its these events that I think will propel him.

Totally hoping we see more of Angry!John next week..

A few other things..

Garrett Dillahunt is awesome. Trying to save Savannah? Awesome. His confusion with Ellison's lieing, his attempt at "lieing" to Catherine, and the singing at the end? Even more awesome. He's just awesome.

I dont know if its possible for Elison to get even more stupid?

One of my favourite parts of the episode though had to be John talking to Savanah about John Henry, learning who he was, and then telling his mother.

"She was telling me about her friend.
Who lives in the basement.
With a cable in the back of his head.
Hooked to a computer.
WHO LOOKS LIKE THIS!!"

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 04-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

I suppose you have a point Catherine, but it's still unfortunate. There had to be another way.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

oo & my bad on the beginning part. I was getting dinner while I was semi-watching it so I assumed what happened.

Actually, Sarah actually took Derek to see where Kyle was buried. Derek says that light houses aren't in the desert and Sarah says that went to see Charley and that he's dead now and Derek he says he knows because John called him and if he hadn't called him he wouldn't have known how to find them. He then says I thought Kyle buried out there counted for something between us and then Sarah says well John counts for more and that Derek kept too many secrets and that's when John came and Derek said he was sorry about Charley and the rest is the same as before.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Catherine* (View Post)
"She was telling me about her friend.
Who lives in the basement.
With a cable in the back of his head.
Hooked to a computer.
WHO LOOKS LIKE THIS!!"

that was one of my favorite parts too! I love Thomas can just take a monologue and just make it sound even more significant than it already is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Catherine* (View Post)
Garrett Dillahunt is awesome. Trying to save Savannah? Awesome. His confusion with Ellison's lieing, his attempt at "lieing" to Catherine, and the singing at the end? Even more awesome. He's just awesome.
The contradiction were getting to JH. He's like you tell me not to lie but you lie all the time! It's like a child finding out that their parents aren't perfect. Like I said, JH needs to work on his poker face. He lied and then did a slight smile and I was like if Catherine had spent more time with JH she would have cracked him

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Elite Fan

Derek!!! I was in disbelief! I couldn't believe after everything he'd been through, that was his way of going. It's very Lawrence of Arabia.

I need to watch this eppy again because I blanked out for a bit after that.

John, boy has he grown this season! Looking forward to pissed of John next week. I'm getting a little worried about Cameron.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

I missed about the last ten minutes because I had to go somewhere, but I've heard Sarah was arrested. Now with Sarah arrested, Charlie dead, and Derek dead, its John and Cameron for a while. I'm interested to see where that goes. So far he's relied a lot on other people. Now he has to stand on his own.

I really liked John Henry's character this episode. The writers are definitely giving a different spin to him than the average robot. I like watching him develop and his 'friendship' with Savannah, who's an interesting character in her own right- surprising, because so many child characters get turned into the cute comic relief on a tv show. I'm glad they're using her for more than just the stereotypical kid role.

Derek's death totally shocked me. I was literally sitting there with my jaw hanging open. I missed the shot, so when I heard it I assumed it was someone else. Then I look up and see Derek with a hole in his head and just about fell over myself! It sucks for sure, but I think that its smart for them to keep the cast minimal for a show like this and realistically, every now and again someone is going to die in a war. This season has trimmed the fat off the cast- Riley, Jesse, Charlie, and Derek were good characters and served their purpose, but the original family of Sarah/John/Cameron is really where my interest lies, so I'm not too upset.
Nicole{icon:Andra}
Old 04-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was disappointed with Derek's death. I had expected something more dramatic. I mean the guy has always been cautious as he rounds corners and then this time he round the corner only to get shot in the head. That was a totally lame way for him to die. I had kind of expected something better. It just makes Brian's character so insignificant now which is a shame
Emma♥Neal
Old 04-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

^I agree. It really does make him seem insignificant. After everything they've gone through and everything he knows about the terminators there is no way that Derek would come around a corner like that and get shot in the head. If they were going to kill him off that's fine but the writers should have had a little bit more respect for his character and at least make his death worth it and not over in a second.