Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Total Fan

Season One Appreciation Thread #1: I'm buying all the hot dogs.

Reminisce here about how it all began, from Liz buying all the hot dogs to joking (I think ) about pulling the plug on Jack!
A storm approaches. It's still over the horizon, but there is lightening in the air. Are either of them aware of the gathering turbulence? Can they feel that crackle of electricity in the wind, or are they aware of only the power they generate between themselves?
Everything Happens Eventually
Old 04-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Extreme Fan

I didn't realize we had this thread! Wow, season one was so good. That was definitely my favorite season so far. Season 3 will be a contender, but I'm waiting until the season is over to make final judgment on it. Still, I loved season 1. There was just something about learning about all of the characters as new characters on a new show that was fun and hilarious. What is everyone's favorite season 1 episode? I'm torn between "Black Tie" and "Hiatus."
Old 04-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm gonna have to say that "Black Tie" is my fave. Paul Reubens need to come back, maybe Price Gerhardt could have a twin
Old 07-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Extreme Fan

I have to say, having the viewing party has really given me a new appreciation for season 1. Well, maybe not a new appreciation, but it has reminded me of my old appreciation. I just can't believe how amazing it was, all the way back to the first episode. I'm especially loving seeing where all of the relationships started out (Pete being Liz's confidant, Jack and Liz being "friendly" as opposed to best friends, Jenna hating Tracy). It's a lot of fun to go back and rewatch these old episodes.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here. I'm surprised at how hard I laughed at "Jack-tor". And it is weird to all the old relationships before they formed.

I miss some of the characters we used to see more of, like Josh, Twofer, and Pete.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Extreme Fan

I miss them too! I'm not as sad about missing Twofer and Josh, but the no-Pete thing is really disappointing. It's especially weird because he used to be Liz's go-to guy. Now, he's been replaced by Jack, which I'm fine with, but it's just weird that Liz and Pete hardly talk anymore. You'd think that, even if they weren't as close, they'd sill be kind of close.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We got a little bit of it back in the episode with Tracy's son. But yeah, I wish we still had the Pete/Liz scenes b/c he's probably the sanest character.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he is the sanest character. Everyone else has something about them that makes them completely insane. He showed a little bit of insanity at the end of season 2 when he shot Donny the Head Page with the arrow, but that's about it. And compared to some of the other characters, that seems pretty tame.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And Liz needs someone sane to ground her. I think Liz is sane, but dealing with Tracy, Jenna, etc gets her a little crazy.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Extreme Fan

True, Liz is also sane. Really, when it comes down to it, they're all technically sane except for Tracy and maybe Jenna. They just all have their own brands of crazy, and Pete's doesn't seem to show as often as with the others.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

I did it, my boss is now a 30 Rock fan too. He was complaining that some of his shows were cancelled and asked me if I knew a good series that he could watch so I gave him my 30 Rock episodes. And he watches at least one everyday for breakfast now, Apollo Apollo today. He has some trouble to understand Tracy (as we all outside the English speaking countries have) but he absolutly loves the series.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

for your boss.

I understand Tracy Morgan all right since I'm American. But he *does* have a heavy lisp.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Yay for more more 30 Rock fans! I love the feeling of knowing that you've converted someone to such a quality show.

I can definitely see how Tracy would be difficult to understand to someone who's not a native English speaker. He's got a rather thick accent or lisp or something.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just rewatched "The Source Awards" b/c I wanted to see Kenneth say. "This mess is going to get raw like sushi, so haters to the left."

It was funny. I loved everyone's reaction to Jack's sparkling wine.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Extreme Fan

That's a great episode! It's funny, because that's not one of the ones that I watch all the time, but there are so many great moments like that that I forget about and then remember in rewatches.