Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Episode 4.05 Discussion - The Problem Solvers

The Problem Solvers

Synopsis: IT'S THE BIG DAY! THE "TGS" CREW ANXIOUSLY AWAITS THE ARRIVAL OF THE NEW CAST MEMBER. CHEYENNE JACKSON GUEST STARS.

The new actor starts work at "TGS," and after observing how low maintenance he is, Tracy (Tracy Morgan) and Jenna (Jane Krakowski) begin to rethink how they treat Kenneth (Jack McBrayer). Meanwhile, Jack (Alec Baldwin) offers Liz (Tina Fey) her own talk show, but Jenna convinces her to explore all of her options first. Scott Adsit, Judah Friedlander and Keith Powell also star.

I saw that no one had posted a discussion thread for this episode, so I figured I'd do it since it has already aired. Maybe Pia can top it since I know Ele is gone?

So, since it has already aired, thoughts? This was perhaps my favorite episode of the season. So much to love in this episode!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Sports Shouting!

"My kid got hit by a car!"

"All white people look the same to me, Pete."

"I feel about as useless as a moms college degree."

"Let’s make this the best Boxing Day the Prime Minister has ever seen!"

Lots of great moments in this episode. I loved the way the Jack/Liz stuff both gave the shippers what they probably wanted- and toyed with them in an absurdly hilarious way at the same time. The new guy was okay. I did laugh at the "aboot" stuff, even if it was an easy laugh. Oh and the casual way that everyone just started calling him Danny was hilarious.

And last but not least is Tracy and Jenna, who are quite simply, gold together.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 11-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lynn, thanks so much for doing this. I've topped the thread. My schedule has been very topsy-turvy. I didn't even realize it was 30 Rock night until I was halfway through my shift at work.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Loved this episode.

All the Jack/Liz stuff made me happy!

Tracey & Jenna 'PROBLEM SOLVERS'

Kenneth & new guy. I love how they mentioned about Kenneth being everyone's boss, again!

Such a funny episode. I watched while getting ready for work so will have to watch again tonight!
Old 11-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Extreme Fan

So much great stuff from this episode! Sometimes, the main plot with Jack and Liz is really good and the sub-plot with Kenneth or Tracy and Jenna is lacking, but that was so not the case this weekend.

Continuity! I nearly died when they cut to Liz with the scarf and juice box. Very clever, 30 Rock.

Tracy and Jenna as the Problem Solvers was such a win. "Hang on, our t-shirts are wrong. Do you want to switch where we're standing or switch our t-shirts?" "Just to be safe, let's do both."

I laughed so much at Sports Shouting! Especially when Tracy was on it. Because he would be.

I love the constant allusions to Kenneth being everyone's boss in 10 years, or just in the future in general. It makes me wonder if Kenneth's going to end up getting a promotion or something some day. That would be really funny to see.

Quite simply, Jack and Liz were amazing this week. I know that they packed all of that shipper stuff in there on purpose, but it still made me happy. Him moving the candle, them saying the same thing at the same time, and the over-the-top-but-hilariously-so scene at the end all just made me squee uncontrollably throughout the whole episode. I definitely need to rewatch it now that I've gotten (most of) that out of my system.

Last edited by Gossip_Addict; 11-13-2009 at 02:29 PM
Old 11-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Okay I've re-watched it. No matter how much I loved the Jack/Liz storyline my favourite part has to be when Jack does the hand gestures, like seriously thinking about it makes me laugh so so much!!!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Extreme Fan

I LOVED that!! And I love Alec for actually doing that. Many self-respecting actors would not do that, but Alec is simply amazing for doing that. I need a gif of that.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The hand gestures were pretty funny.

I did enjoy this ep, but I thought it was the weakest of all the S4 eps so far. For some reason it felt really disjointed and clumsy, and not in a good way. But there was plenty for me to laugh at. And JMO, there's no bad 30 Rock. Bad 30 Rock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else on T.V.

Jack/Liz was meh for me. I was expecting to love it, but I didn't. They did have some good moments though. Like how they knew what the other was going to say or do.

Sports Shouting was really funny.

I loved that they're going back to the idea that Kenneth is going to be running the place someday. I loved how Tracy wanting to learn to brush his own teeth to help Kenneth get there.

Tracy/Jenna trying to solve problems was cute.

Padma Lakshmi managed to make Salma Hayek look like a brilliant comedic actress.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree that Padma Lakshmi made Salma Hayek look fantastic. Which is really sad. I didn't think it was possible to be much worse than Salma was.

I really want to see Kenneth get a promotion one day, just because I love all of the allusions to him running NBC in the future. Although, at the same time, I love Kenneth as he is. I don't know. I still love seeing people think that Kenneth will run NBC some day.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I happen to like both ladies, and admire them. But they should just stick to looking beautiful and helping produce television.

I agree, keep Kenneth as Kenneth. But some hinting and maybe a flash forward can't hurt.