Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know. I don't mind a legitimate argument as to why. I actually read a couple of good arguments as to why, and referring to specific nominations. But mostly it's just a knee jerk reaction. I expect it from some internerds, but I've seen it newspapers and stuff too.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Really? Wow, I would have just expected it from the internerds too. Where did you read it other places, though? I'd be interested to read that, if you have links.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, one was from a freebie paper in Chicago. The line was something like "30 Rock, which received too many nominations..." But he never explains why, and who he thinks should have gotten it instead. I'll try to find it online, but I'm not having much luck now.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Master Fan

I don't care if people say that the show gets too many nominations. If you watch it you will see that it's awesome. Clearly it's loved by the industry and I agree there are shows and actors who deserve nominations as well but it's not the fault of 30 Rock.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I can definitely understand people who are disappointed that other shows or actors didn't get nominated, but it's definitely not 30 Rock's fault. Haters to the left, as Kenneth (repeating Tracy's words) would say.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

If the show weren't solidly awesome and funny and well written and well acted every week, then I might see their case, but since 30 Rock is the single handed best comedy on television right now, they deserve as many nominations as they got.

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 07-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossip_Addict (View Post)
Yeah, I can definitely understand people who are disappointed that other shows or actors didn't get nominated, but it's definitely not 30 Rock's fault. Haters to the left, as Kenneth (repeating Tracy's words) would say.
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have read so many blogs and articles after the noms were announced.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

As Tina said at the Golden Globes: SUCK IT!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossip_Addict (View Post)
Really? Wow, I would have just expected it from the internerds too. Where did you read it other places, though? I'd be interested to read that, if you have links.
USA Today was the other one. But I don't care since that paper is famous for being sucky.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Boo to USA Today! Yeah, they are very sucky. I sort of don't take anything they say seriously.

Quote:
As Tina said at the Golden Globes: SUCK IT!!!
I loved that speech! I watched that and was like "Good for you! Go Tina!" I also really loved how she transitioned right from "To _____, you can suck it" into "And to my husband Jeff... I love you and thank you." It was one of my favorite acceptance speeches I've seen Tina give.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's been pointed out but it sucks that Jeff Richmond didn't get a nom for his music composition. So I'll say 30 Rock actually deserved more noms.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree! Jeff definitely deserves a nom for his music composition on the show. Haha, we might be the only ones saying that 30 Rock deserves more noms. It's a good thing we're all 30 Rock fans here. The people on the BSG board might hurt us if we said that in a general discussion thread on the TV forum.

So, as far as the Emmy nominations go, who do you think will actually win them? I mean, I hope that 30 Rock goes straight down the line and wins them all, but that's probably not likely. Thoughts?
Old 07-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

I'm sure Tina will win best guest actress and either Tracy or Jack will win in their category. 30 Rock will win best show. No sure about Alec and Tina though since they've already won last year. As for guest appearances: Alan Alda has to win IMO.

I wonder where Tina keeps all her Emmys. Bathroom?
Old 07-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Extreme Fan

See, I think Tina could probably repeat in her category again. Alec definitely stands a good chance as well. I'm probably least optimistic about both Jane's chances as supporting actress and Tracy's and Jack's chances for supporting actor. Of course, I think they should win, but I definitely think NPH stands a good chance of winning for supporting actor. Then again, maybe that's just because I know that he's a fan favorite. That doesn't always hold as far as wins. Still, I think those will be the toughest categories for someone from 30 Rock to win. I'm also pretty confident that Tina will win for guest actress, though. It will be a travesty if she doesn't.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it will win Best Show, Guest Actress (Tina), Best Writing (since they have 4 noms in that category), Best Editing. I think Tina and Alec will win the leads, but who knows? I think Jane has a decent chance, but she has some stiff competition. I think Jack and Tracy will end up splitting votes. And NPH seems to be the favorite in that category anyways, more so than either one of them.