Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Master Fan

Did everybody died watching the preview
Old 10-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was an okay episode. Loved the Clois movie night bits.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 10-24-2009, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Rachel - I loved the CLois moments, but the rest seemed a bit...I think flat. I thought maybe they could have had this episode last week instead of Toyman.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Absolute Fan

Nice moments between Lois and Clark in Kent's farm!
Old 10-24-2009, 05:28 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by makry (View Post)
Did everybody died watching the preview
LOL, I have this big smile on my face everytime I watch it

I knew it was an Oliver-centric episode, but I think it was too much (I think he got about half an hour of screentime) with Clark's time seriously lacking.

Like you guys already said, the Clois movie bits were lighthearted and adorable. LOL at Clark with Lois' bra

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 10-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And the comment about people wanting to see her shirtless.

This is the least excited I've felt since before 901 aired.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Addicted Fan

not enough Clois for my taste
the preview was ok but not overwhelming IMO

icon by *Nora*
Old 10-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay so here’s my review for this week’s ep. This episode felt a bit like Mercy 2.0 for me, but I think I enjoyed it more than Mercy because I care about Ollie more as a character than I ever cared about Lionel and of course there’s the fact that Lois was actually in this ep:

Roulette: I think overall I enjoyed her as a guest star better than last week’s villain. Steph Song is very attractive and she gives Roulette that certain bit of mystery that her character needs, although I do think they went a bit overboard on her eye makeup. She has great chemistry with Justin Hartley, (but then the man would have chemistry with a rock ), and I think she does a particularly good job in the scene when she’s running down the street with him. The tear she shed is a nice touch and the clear desperation in her voice made me wonder for a split second if she was actually telling the truth or not. Overall, I think she did a great job, although all the cards talk did get a bit grating.

Ollie: Justin really shines in this episode and I have to say I enjoyed this Ollie centric episode much more than last year’s Toxic. Having said that, Ollie is pretty damn stupid to take a red pill from a perfect stranger! (I still love you though Ollie). Also did that make anyone think of the Matrix or was that just me? I really think they are stretching the Lex/Ollie parallels this season, especially given the way they put him in that white suit.

Anyways even though Ollie was an idiot and took the pill, I still felt bad for him for being put through that nightmare. First he wakes up in a coffin, then he gets chased by a rabid dog, then he’s in a car that gets hit by a train, then he’s running away from guys with guns and he thinks Victoria dies because of him. Of course after that he thinks he’s bankrupt and he nearly kills Lois. Happy birthday Ollie! Would you like some birthday cake with that trip to hell? Through it all we get some fantastic acting from JH and I really like that we get to see what makes him the hero he is, when he uses his wits to get out of that situation and how he decides in the end to try and save Roulette.

I really enjoy his scenes with Lois in this episode, because again you can see how much they still care about each other and how it killed him to think that he almost killed Lois. Then I like his last scene with Lois when he talks to Lois about how far he’d fallen and he realizes that even though things have changed between them, Lois will always be there for him. The fact that they still have birthday traditions together is made of win.

Ollie’s last scene with Clark is another great moment and again I like it that these two aren’t sniping at each other. Instead, Ollie acknowledges that Clark has been bearing quite a heavy weight solo for some time now and now Ollie’s back to help ease his burden. The teasing about the costume is cute and I’m glad these two ended things on a positive note.

Chloe: She’s clearly a morally gray character now more than ever. She played a very very dangerous game in order to bring Ollie back and lucky for her it paid off...but what if it hadn’t? I find it interesting when people flay Clark and say he’s playing God with people’s lives, when that’s exactly what Chloe was doing in this episode. Please tell me what gives Chloe the right to do that? What if things hadn’t gone exactly according to plan? I know she says she had everything under control and that she wasn’t concerned about Lois, because she made sure to put blanks in Ollie’s gun, but she knew that Roulette took her and that she already went off script. What was to stop Roulette from going even further? She knows that Lois is physically safe, but what about the emotional trauma from going through something like that? Also she continues to lie to Clark and keep him in the dark in a way that makes me think she feels like she knows what’s best for everyone. On a brighter note, I find this side of Chloe much more interesting to watch than what she was doing last year and AM looked lovely again.

Clark: I’ll save Clark’s interaction with Lois for the Clois part of this review so for now I’ll just say that I like how they work in a bit of the Zod plot into this week’s ep by having Clark find out that Alia was at the AoC in Echo. Although I’m not sure exactly why they were so surprised that this version of Alia is still alive, since he killed the future version of Alia and not the present one. If he’d killed the present one, the future Alia would drop down dead immediately, but if he killed the future Alia then the present one would be okay b/c she hasn’t been killed yet...if that makes any sense at all. But yeah, I like how he immediately went to Jor-El to find out what was the deal with that woman and how he found out that there are a ton of Kandorians around...hopefully this means he’ll end up meeting Zod soon. Again, I really like the last Clark and Ollie scene. Now Clark has someone to help him out and he has his friend back! Yay the boys are back!

Lois: Oh Lo, I love how she shows up at the Kent farm with a shiz load of laundry and every shark movie known to man as a way to distract herself from what’s really bothering her. Also her “da dum, da dum da dum da dum” is priceless. Like I already mentioned, I love how she and Ollie still celebrate their birthdays together and just how concerned she is for him. I also like how she still knows the password to his computer and her reaction after she finds out that he tried to kill himself. I think she’s completely justified to feel hurt about Clark not telling her about that, because it is a HUGE deal. She mentioned in Pariah, that it’s okay to keep a secret as long as the secret isn’t hurting anybody...well maybe if Lois had known about this she could have helped to bring Ollie back from the ledge he was dangling over. I love the way ED delivers the line, “Nothing about this is fine!”...with the tears in her eyes and the way she’s barely keeping it together.

Lois kicking ass is always great and I enjoy her fight scene with Roulette and how she won’t back down until Roulette shoves a gun in her face. I also like that we get to see how Lois tracks down Ollie’s car with her conversation with the GPS guy. Then Roulette ties my poor girl up and she goes through the emotional hell of thinking she could die and she’s shaking and cries that lone tear, then she gets knocked unconscious for the third time this season (is that it? It feels like there should be more...).

The last Lois and Ollie scene is a pleasure to watch. I love how Lois busts in there and is all “Okay what the hell was that?” and Ollie’s like “Uh oh...that’s the look I see usually before I get socked in the jaw” . That line’s a nice nod to Siren, when Lois hit Ollie after he came back to town. Then Ollie complimenting Lois on the red dress was a nice touch before she dove into the real reason for her visit. I like how Lois doesn’t berate or accuse Ollie of anything...instead she simply asks him why he couldn’t talk to her about it so she could try and help him out. And then she lets him know that she’ll always be there for him and in classic Lois style, she tells him that she will knock him out, rather like her reaction after hearing about Lana in Bizarro. After that heavy conversation they then proceed to enjoy their beer and each other’s company with beer pongs .

Clois: Yay their movie nights are now canon! Hee. I love how Clark comes to the farm dressed in his Blur outfit only to find Lois there doing her laundry...and doing a crap load of laundry at that. I didn’t really care for his comment about her riding a mechanical bull, particularly after last week’s ep when he got some insight into what she does with her nights and he knows that she’s not really that much of a party girl. If someone enjoys drinking socially, especially when they’re young that does not make them a partier or an alcoholic...if that was the case then every single college student would be considered an alcoholic. But yeah, I think Clark is a bit flustered because he just came back from his Blur duties and suprise, surprise there’s Lois! He’s figured out how to balance Lois, the Blur and the DP...but he’s kind of on edge because he hasn’t figured out how to balance Lois, the Blur, and home yet. It’s much harder for him to find plausible excuses to get away and do his Blur duties from his own home. Having said that, I think it was natural in this instance that they weren’t all flirty in this episode and up in each other’s grills. They were both preoccupied with different things, Lois with thoughts of Ollie and Clark with thinking about his Blur duties. I like that there’s not just UST between them all the time or big dramatic scenes in every episode because that would be a bit draining.

I like how Lois invited herself over for movie night, which goes to show just how comfortable she is at the Kent farm and her line about finding herself shirtless and Clark’s reaction to that. Then Clark clears the clothes off of the sofa and ends up snagging her bra and looking at it for much longer than necessary. “Poor Clark” . Lois pushes Clark down onto the couch and holds his knees in her hands, telling him that it’ll be fun...while Clark probably wonders what kind of fun Lois has in mind. Clark then uses junk food as an excuse to get away and he apparently continues to do that throughout the course of their shark movie marathon. I like how everytime Clark leaves and comes back, he always parks himself right next to Lois, even though there’s a ton of space on the other end of the couch. Clark’s nervous leg twitching and Lois’ subsequent silent “quit it, Kent” amuses me. I like how Clark seems to relax a bit as the night goes on and asks Lois what he missed. Then when he picks up that something’s wrong with her, he doesn’t just let it go when she says she’s fine. Instead he waits for her to cave in and tell him what’s on her mind. She confesses that she’s worried about Ollie and asks Clark if he knew anything he would tell her about it. Clark says that he’s sure that Ollie’s fine, but they decide to check on Ollie anyways.

They then go to Ollie’s office after checking out his jet and the AoC, sorry I mean “Ollie’s penthouse”. Lois says a line about Ollie putting on his pants that’s very reminiscent of her line in Committed. Lois knows the password to Ollie’s computer and gets in there easy peasy. She then sees the video of Ollie from Echo and while Clark tries to close the computer twice on her, she swats his hand away twice without even looking. The moment Lois sees Clark on the screen and realizes he lied to her is a great one, and her reaction to finding out about this completely on point. Clark lied to her about something really important concerning someone she cares deeply about, so she has every right to be hurt and feel betrayed. I like how Clark is clearly upset that he hurt Lois and how he tries to explain before she walks out, then his reaction later when he mentions their fight to Chloe. Clearly fighting with Lois really bothers him, but I like how he doesn’t let fighting with her distract him from doing his duties as the Blur. He’s realized that there’s a time and a place for everything and now he needs to find Ollie before he can resolve things with Lois. My fave line of the night comes from Clark this week with his comment to Chloe about “Lois and laundry and lacy things” . For the first time this season, they left things unresolved between Lois and Clark and they did not make Clark and Lois’ last scene be with each other. I think they’re trying to amp up the tension between them for next week’s ep and I’m really looking forward to it.

Overall this episode was good but I haven’t really been blown away since Rabid. However on the whole I’m still enjoying this season immensely. Next week: Some moments are legendary!
Rachel
Old 10-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have no real motivation to write a review. I loved Clois and it's nice that they can have some conflicts. I totally saw why Clark didn't tell her, it's not really his place and he thought maybe it would be better for Olllie. On the other hand, I see loi's point.

About Chloe, while she looked great, I really hate how she seemed to manipulate the situation while it was good for Ollie and it seems to have had the effect she wanted it to, there seemed to be no regard for the fact Lois got dragged into it. That has to have freaked out Lois, the being kidnapped and I don't care about the fact the gun had blanks in it, 1 - Ollie could have shot without thinking or even seeing Lois' face and Lois was still held at gun point.

I stopped breathing (again) when Clark showed up at the farm dressed as the Blur and Lois was there! That whole scene was great, the shirtless comment and the red bra.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah the whole Chloe thing bothers me too. The girl does not seem to care at all that her cousin was kidnapped and held hostage.

I also liked how with the Clois fight you could see things from both of their POVs and like I mentioned before I'm glad that they cut the line about Lois not being able to forgive Clark for this.

I love how Clark just stares at the bra for way longer than necessary.
Rachel
Old 10-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

LMAO Rachel your icon killed me . Don't blame me for not posting my review, I did not even see the epi yet . I just moved in my new apartment so I have to wait until at least next wednesday . Do you how much it is hard for me? I just could watch several clips on YT and the trailer for next week from my blackberry.

I must not read your review Rach because you're basically summing up the episodee, but seriously, it's quite tempting .

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow I love how my avie is getting such a big reaction out of you guys. Lisa, give in to temptation...you know you want to.
Rachel
Old 10-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Noooo I will not . I wanna watch the episode first .

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Then go watch it.
Rachel
Old 10-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lisa - why don't you see if you can watch the Clois clips on Youtube?