Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Supersuit tease.

"You go near Lois again and I will destroy you all".
Old 05-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

So Kara just went to the future.

This hug is sweet. "You're not my weakness, you're my strength...my destiny is marrying you and for us to create our own future together."

Um what Lois? What was the point of that? We know that they're going to go through with the wedding in the next ep anyways.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 05-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Angst before the wedding I guess.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

It seems kind of pointless to me. And while I liked it that Lois learned to appreciate and understand what Clark does and how difficult things can be for him, I wish that Clark had also gained some understanding into how difficult it is for Lois to be the one who's always waiting for him to come home and who's been out of the loop so often this season.
Rachel
Old 05-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

I wish he would have said something about Lois perspective too but at least he stood up to Jor-El.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah he's needed to do that for awhile.
Rachel
Old 05-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ok, while ED performance was spot on in the last scene, I thought it was pointless also. I get that there has to be some angst and drama going into the finale, but seriously...we know these two are destined to be togeher.
I feel for Lois though, thinking that she will only hold Clark back from his true destiny. I wonder what he will say or do next week to reassure her that that isn't the case.
Overall, cute Clois scenes but not high up there on my fave list.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm I'm seeing posts on DI that are putting things into a bit of a different perspective, since it's true that this issue of Lois and Clark being each other's greatest strengths/weakenesses is a major issue in the mythos. I can kind of see now why they'd want to address it. Durance totally killed it in the last scene though and I LOVED how she hugged Clark instead of walking away.
Rachel
Old 05-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

I wonder how the next episode picks up from here. Will it start right after the hug or like the next day.

I can't believe next week is the last episode.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:21 AM
Master Fan

Short review (brought over from DI):

Ollie/Kara: Dozed off.

Kara: Bye. Don't care.

Clois: Brilliance on every level. Goes back all the way to Shield when Lois wondered what the world is like for Clark. Like someone else said, I'm glad this wasn't played for fun, but had a very important point. And this opens up a whole new discussion about where Clark Kent ends and Superman begins. The only difference between Clark and a doctor is that Clark doesn't have a work schedule. He doesn't have 'time off'. I get why Lois was so emotional and thus didn't see the bigger picture in that moment, which is that Clark still has human needs no matter how many people need him. Yes, Clark could save people all over the world, every day, 24/7. But technically, so could a doctor. If he did, he'd be exactly where he was in Savior. Eavesdropping on peoples' lives, watching them living instead of having a life of his own. He'd be merely existing but that would be it. Inside he'd be a broken man and how could someone so hopeless inspire hope in others? He couldn't. That's what Lois needs to realize. It's clear that she still doesn't really understand her place in Clark's life and the impact she has on it. She's his strength, his home, she recharges him, he needs her more than any other person on earth. I get why for someone like Lois, that's a concept she probably can't ever fully grasp, because everything she'd learned before in her life told her that she isn't needed at all. Now I'm just excited to see what'll make Lois understand that and how Clark will fight for her (and boy will he ever).

Other random thoughts on the last scene:

- Durance was better than she ever was before. This scene must've been extremely hard for her because she's just not the type of person who gets emotional (I think she said that in an interview for Identity), so I must say she was outstanding and every twitch of her face, every hitch in her voice just broke my heart. Just unbelievable.

- Welling was amazing, too. I love how his voice was barely above a whisper (what was that about not whispering on camera? ). And his face at the end, like, "Er, yeah, if you think I'm letting you walk out of my life, well, think again". Brilliant.

- Um, Tom and Erica? Please stop being so gorgeous. It's making all the other kids jealous.

- Wide shot of the hug. Whoever directed this, you're awesome.

- At first I wondered why the hell they mentioned Lana walking away from Clark, especially since her name never came up in the final Clois scene, but as someone else said (Sherl? Kelly? Can't remember), this time Clark's gonna fight for the woman he loves, because she's the only woman for him worth fighting for.

- I did mention that Tom and Erica looked like sex on legs, right? Good. Then I'm done.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 05-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Mike Rohl directed this. He also directed Rabid and he gave us a great wideshot of them hugging in the ep too.

I felt the same way about Kara and Ollie. They just kind of bored me and everytime I saw them I just wanted them gone so we could get back to Clois.

Like I mentioned before I liked it that Lois got to see things from Clark's perspective but I wish that Clark had also seen things from her side and how it sucks to be on the sidelines and be the one waiting for your spouse to come back home safely and how he needs to let Lois in on the loop more. Having said that I agree that Clois were outstanding. I really loved seeing Clark help Lois use his powers and hearing what he said about having to prioritize the people you save and ED broke my heart in that last scene. The way she had to pause and struggled to get the words out? Brilliant! The parallels to Requiem are apparent not only with the blatant mention of that distatrous episode but also with the woman Clark loves having experienced what it's like to have super powers and Toyman using that power against Clark/Metropolis and the woman Clark loves deciding that she can't be with Clark at the end of the episode. The major difference here is that Clark is not going to let Lois go. Like you said Nora, Clark needs her and Lois doesn't even know how much. We've seen that she's his link to humanity and she inspires him and gives him hope. I love the constant theme of them being each other's home and how there's nowhere else they'd rather be than with each other.
Rachel
Old 11-16-2011, 02:00 AM
Elite Fan

Diana
Old 11-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww that was cute. Her little "ILY" and the air kiss.
Rachel
Old 11-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Elite Fan

Diana
Old 11-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww he's so relieved that she's okay.
Rachel