Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2015, 07:53 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Erica's OT Thread #44: It's Award season and we love seeing our favourites win!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 01-15-2015, 07:59 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Speaking of the title, was so happy to see Amy Adams, Matt Bomer and Joanne Froggatt win Tina and Amy's bit about Amal being so accomplished and her husband winning the lifetime achievement award was probably my favourite from their intro

| ray
Old 02-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Those were the best parts of the Golden Globes for me too. I also liked seeing Eddie Redmayne win b/c he was excellent in The Theory of Everything.

So I realized that I've owed you a reply for almost two months now so here it is:

Quote:
Pretty much. And now everyone at the hospital seems like they are too. Did the therapist really believe all the "too perfect" things that Emma was saying? And she wasn't eating anything, how did she gain weight since she's been admitted? Even trying to cheat the scale didn't seem like it would affect things much. And how is 99 pounds a goal weight for her when it's still pretty low. It all just doesn't make sense.
No idea, then she went home and relapsed and now she's back. I plan on watching the finale tonight so let me know when you get to see it.

Quote:
I guess she would find someone who would? Yeah it didn't make much sense, didn't they have the number for someone else like Brittany? And I was wondering about their parents before too, do they not visit ever? At least we saw Emma's dad in the latest episode. And agreed about Brittany not being professional around them, she can care about them but there's a line; Nurse Jackson mostly knows that line. And yeah when Hunter took them to watch the surgery, Charlie said something like "I'm glad I'm in a coma because I don't need to see that much blood unless it's Game of Thrones", would his parents even let him watch that, even as involved in their own issues as they seemed to be before the accident.
And we finally got to see Leo's parents just in time for them to find out that his cancer is back . Yeah GoT isn't exactly age appropriate viewing for Charlie. And I really liked the scene in the last ep with Nurse Jackson speaking up for Jordi .

Quote:
Yeah I loved what we got in the last episode too, that smile he got when he saw she was okay and The Flash telling her she's worth being on time for Iris forgetting to get the coffee after her encounter with The Flash and Barry's knowing smile was awesome
Aw yeah and we've had 5 episodes that have aired since the last time we talked about them now .

Quote:
I know exactly how you feel! We're just 7 episodes in and all the characters and stories are engaging and so well-written! I'm liking Eddie too, you can see why Iris fell for him because eventhough he seemed kind of stuck-up at first, once you get to know him and he got to know the characters, it became much more tolerable and him more likeable. And I wonder that too, he didn't actually get to see them together so it must have been that Iris told him about her 'friendship' with Barry and Eddie was able to pick on how things were between them.
Did you see ep 1x10? The one that aired right after the hiatus with Eddie saving The Flash's life? That was amazing! I'm really hoping now that Eddie won't turn into a bad guy.

Quote:
That flashback scene really was perfect, I loved Joe teaching Barry how to fight and how fatherly he was to him, obviously treating him like his actual son instead of a kid he had to take in ... which in its own is so great, he didn't actually have to take him in and Barry probably would have ended up in the system or with a foster family. And in the present, their working relationship especially with Joe knowing Barry's secret is great and entertaining to watch. It was cool how Joe "tested" if Barry's powers were back by making the vase go over the edge of the table and Barry speeding to catch it ... then both of them laughing when Eddie seems to have noticed and Joe tells him he's just drugged up
Joe is like such a snarky cat...like he's the one who purposely does annoying crap to get a reaction out of you. What did you think of the scene in 1x09 when Joe was talking about needing his Barry Allen and in 1x10 when they became roomies?

Quote:
He's too far gone, that's for sure 'Speed reading' would work as an excuse but it still means he was sitting waiting for her to post it I loved the 'selective hearing' line, it's so Iris to say that with how determined we've seen her when it comes to something she's passionate about and especially since her interest in The Streak started. Another thing I liked was Iris sending The Flash a message through her site because she knew he lurked there Young Iris and Barry were the cutest, I love how she's been pushing him to be better even since then. And of course everyone notices when there's something unusual between them, they always give off this unique energy when they're together, with all the looks and smiles and just the way they talk to eachother with such fondness so when that's gone, something is very wrong. Iris and Barry saving eachother just gave me too many feels. Iris was so badass, Barry had to do the super sonic punch to weaken him and she just finished him with the regular human punch ... the after effect of "I think I broke my hand." "Me too." was kinda funny how they delivered it And that last part reminds me of Hydro when Lois was gushing over not!Arrow and Clark is just loving it
I was re-reading my post and now I want to pat my own shoulder and go "Oh you naive little butterfly." Have you seen the latest episode? B/c that was a suckfest IMO. There was too much shipper baiting IMO with Barry and Caitlin and then Iris was sidelined and has been since the show came back and Barry was pulling some friendzoning bs out of his butt. They nailed the relationship with Iris and Barry before the break with the whole "what other girls" thing and then Barry telling Iris how he felt and how he got her that ring for Christmas and it was just flawless but now I'm kind of worried .

Quote:
Oh I totally get it, I can't watch anything live anyway but I love watching it later and rewatching the scenes I loved most. It's normal to think about later and I really hope they can keep it and even step it up in later seasons, they can't mess with this ... and so far they seem to be doing such a good job.
Sigh again with the naive butterfly thing...I really hope the next few eps improve because I've found the last few to be very lackluster and the one that aired last week was the worst one so far IMO.

Okay now feel free to gush about Galavant and Galabella b/c lord knows that's what I've been obsessing about and posting about like 90% of the time on tumblr lately
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 02-20-2015, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Ray!

Sorry I've not been on here for ages. I've not felt like posting much lately, partly because my Crohn's Disease is worse but I am trying to get back into posting more. I had to have another MRI scan on Wednesday, so I'm just waiting for the results.

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Old 02-20-2015, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so sorry to hear that Julie. Well we're always glad to have you around here
Rachel
Old 02-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Rach. I am always happy posting here, and I missed you all.

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Old 02-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw we missed you to. How was your week?
Rachel
Old 02-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Hey Julie! We missed you around here

Rach, will reply to your post over the weekend

| ray
Old 02-25-2015, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

You can take your time
Rachel
Old 02-26-2015, 04:54 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Longer replies keep lagging

So how's your week going?

| ray
Old 02-26-2015, 04:54 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Longer replies keep lagging

So how's your week going?

| ray
Old 02-27-2015, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's been a busy week but what else is new? I had a workshop last night on baby sign language that was actually pretty cool. They want us to use sign language in all the classes at daycare b/c it's gives children another way to communicate and if infants learn sign language they can start communicating with you before they learn to speak so it reduces frustrations and temper tantrums etc.

So yeah and it's also been a good week for tv with the season finales of Sleepy Hollow, Agent Carter, and How to Get Away with Murder...which is bittersweet b/c those are some of my fave shows and the fates of SH and AC currently hang in the balance (SH was having a really crappy second season but then they actually listened to the fans and gave them what they wanted and took out everything the fans hated). Also it might be good to have them off my schedule so it'll free up more time for me...but I'm sure I'll probably just replace that time with other shows .

How was your week?
Rachel
Old 03-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Rach and Ray! I've missed you too. I've not been too bad, but I'm getting my MRI scan results next week when I go to the hospital.

Rach, the baby sign language workshop sounds great!

I love Sleepy Hollow, and I didn't know that it might get cancelled.

Julie's Art Thread
Julie icon by me
Old 03-14-2015, 04:55 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Hope the results of the MRI come out okay Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by now.it.all.begins (View Post)
It's been a busy week but what else is new? I had a workshop last night on baby sign language that was actually pretty cool. They want us to use sign language in all the classes at daycare b/c it's gives children another way to communicate and if infants learn sign language they can start communicating with you before they learn to speak so it reduces frustrations and temper tantrums etc.
It's the norm for us now The workshop sounds really interesting, cool concept if it works. It would make things so much easier

Quote:
So yeah and it's also been a good week for tv with the season finales of Sleepy Hollow, Agent Carter, and How to Get Away with Murder...which is bittersweet b/c those are some of my fave shows and the fates of SH and AC currently hang in the balance (SH was having a really crappy second season but then they actually listened to the fans and gave them what they wanted and took out everything the fans hated). Also it might be good to have them off my schedule so it'll free up more time for me...but I'm sure I'll probably just replace that time with other shows .
Glad to hear you enjoyed the finales and really glad to hear about SH becoming better, I know how much you loved it from the start and how frustrated you were when they started messing things up. Yeah you probably will

Quote:
How was your week?
Busy as ever and tired beyond tiredness. We also had a 4 (half) day workshop last month but it was for a new system for working but this one has endless status meetings and strict deadlines for deliverables and it's quite stressful because I usually have a comfortable amount of time to research things and finish my projects so it's an adjustment working with this new system. But it's also good because it makes you want to be more productive so hopefully things settle down soonish.

--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by now.it.all.begins (View Post)
Those were the best parts of the Golden Globes for me too. I also liked seeing Eddie Redmayne win b/c he was excellent in The Theory of Everything.
I hadn't seen that movie at that point but I have since and agreed about how good he was in that movie

Quote:
No idea, then she went home and relapsed and now she's back. I plan on watching the finale tonight so let me know when you get to see it.
What did you think of it? I thought it was bittersweet but also like there are so many open-ended stories yet to be told.

Quote:
And we finally got to see Leo's parents just in time for them to find out that his cancer is back . Yeah GoT isn't exactly age appropriate viewing for Charlie. And I really liked the scene in the last ep with Nurse Jackson speaking up for Jordi .
The parents showing up is a bad omen, Emma's parents showed up, she relapsed and ended up back at hospital; Hunter's parents show up, he dies (was so sad about that ) and Leo's parents show up and his cancer comes back. And it seemed like he was out of options at that point which is too depressing to think about. Dena speaking for Jordi was sweet

Quote:
Did you see ep 1x10? The one that aired right after the hiatus with Eddie saving The Flash's life? That was amazing! I'm really hoping now that Eddie won't turn into a bad guy.
Loved it! I was already starting to like him after that fighting session he had with Barry and this just made things even better. I love how they did it especially with how against the Flash he was at first.

What did you think of Wentworth as Captain Cold and Dominic as Heat Wave? They played brothers on Prison Break so it was really cool seeing them together again here. (Another show you should have on your list btw if you don't already).

Quote:
Joe is like such a snarky cat...like he's the one who purposely does annoying crap to get a reaction out of you. What did you think of the scene in 1x09 when Joe was talking about needing his Barry Allen and in 1x10 when they became roomies?
Joe is awesome, his relationship with Barry is one of my favourites. And OMG that little speech he made about how taking him in made his and Iris' lives so much better was just overwhelmingly amazing Them moving in together was too awesome.

Quote:
I was re-reading my post and now I want to pat my own shoulder and go "Oh you naive little butterfly." Have you seen the latest episode? B/c that was a suckfest IMO. There was too much shipper baiting IMO with Barry and Caitlin and then Iris was sidelined and has been since the show came back and Barry was pulling some friendzoning bs out of his butt. They nailed the relationship with Iris and Barry before the break with the whole "what other girls" thing and then Barry telling Iris how he felt and how he got her that ring for Christmas and it was just flawless but now I'm kind of worried .
I just don't get what happened One minute he's head over heels in love with Iris, sees no other girls, would do anything to make Iris happy and feel special and the next thing we know he's telling her those feelings are no more and the stuff with Caitlin seemed forced and so out of place considering what we know and I just, I don't know.

Quote:
Sigh again with the naive butterfly thing...I really hope the next few eps improve because I've found the last few to be very lackluster and the one that aired last week was the worst one so far IMO.
Felt the same way, fingers crossed they up their game.

Quote:
Okay now feel free to gush about Galavant and Galabella b/c lord knows that's what I've been obsessing about and posting about like 90% of the time on tumblr lately
I noticed whenever I was on there Loved all the moments we got with those two were just so good, like all the ones here and how the relationship progressed and they became so accustomed to eachother, even the negative things. And pretty much everything drunk!Galavant said to her like "your beautiful brain exploded all over your face"

| ray
Old 03-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey there!