Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-26-2010, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Erica Spoilers/Speculations #27: B/c we asked and the universe answered! 22! 22! 22! And btw did we say 22?!!

{ Welcome to the 27th Lois Lane Spoiler & Speculation Thread }

By makry

General Promotional Videos & Interviews
Season 10 Trailer
Season 10 Trailer (Includes Recap of Seasons 1-9)
YouTube - ‪Smallville Trailer - Smallville Takes Off‬‎
SDCC 2010 EXCLUSIVE: Smallville Season 10 Cast Interviews! - MovieWeb.com
Smallville: Executive Producer Brian Peterson Talks Darkseid and More About Season 10
Tom Welling Interview CC 2010
Smallville - KTLA
Exclusive video: 'Smallville' execs, Erica Durance drop major S10 intel and weigh in on an 11th | Ausiello | EW.com
The CW Source: Comic Con Exclusive: Erica Durrance answers your questions about Lois and Smallville
Rants & Reviews - Live at the San Diego Comic-Con: A Few Minutes With... "Smallville" Star Tom Welling | TheFutonCritic.com
Rants & Reviews - Live at the San Diego Comic-Con: A Few Minutes With... "Smallville" Co-Star Erica Durance | TheFutonCritic.com
Rants & Reviews - Live at the San Diego Comic-Con: A Few Minutes With... "Smallville" Executive Producer Brian Peterson | TheFutonCritic.com
TV - Tube Talk - Tom Welling on 'Smallville' end - Digital Spy
Tom Welling Comic Con 2010
Comic Con 2010: Smallville: The Final Season
Erica Durance on Season 10 of Smallville
IGN Video: Smallville TV Interview - SDCC 10: Tom Welling
IGN Video: Smallville TV Interview - SDCC 10: Erica Durance
Exclusive: Erica Durance Talks Lois Lane, Future of ‘Smallville’ | The Flickcast
Smallville Interviews - San Diego Comic-Con 2010
Tom Welling and Smallville Cast Interviews - Season 10 and Beyond

Episode #10-01 Lazarus
Writer: Holly Henderson and Don Whitehead Director: Kevin Fair
Airdate: 24th September 2010

UPDATED 08/07/10: From twitter

@donwhitehead1 You've written some of my favorite Lois and Clark conversations in recent memory. Will Lois and Clark talk at all in Lazarus?
@PitBullLane Lois talks, Clark talks... but will they talk to each other? Our lips are sealed.

PitBullLane @donwhitehead1 Ah ha. I see you're keeping the mystery going. Well then, will Clark talk about Lois, or see her, at least?
donwhitehead1 @PitBullLane Let's just say starting season 10 without some kind of Clois would be like... *shudder* no, I don't want to live in that world.

UPDATED 07/29/10: From twitter

@Chico6 I wanna know if there is going to be some Chlo-Lo, I would love to see girl talk between them as they talk about their boyfriends.
@chlollie_ftw watch the premiere then!

UPDATED 07/27/10: From twitter

@donwhitehead1 S10 looks unreal! In trailer, when Lois lays on Clark, is she falling in grief? Some think she's knocked out I dont think so
@eal2727 Lois Lane is always a knock-out, but this time not in a "falling unconscious" way. She's grieving for her fallen hero.

UPDATED 07/25/10: From TvGuide Smallville Spoilers from Comic-Con - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Super Season 10 Scene-Stealers: New footage from the final season kicked off the panel. Spoilers of note: Lois (Erica Durance) finds the infamous blue and red super-suit in the Kent farmhouse; Chloe and Oliver (Justin Hartley) kiss; Tess Mercer (Cassidy Freeman) is still alive, but being held captive; Cat Grant joins Clark (Tom Welling) at the Daily Planet while Lois is off in Africa as a field correspondent; we hear the word "Superman"; and Chloe says "Goodbye Clark," as she picks up Dr. Fate's gold helmet. Is your head spinning?

UPDATED 07/25/10: From K-site

- Lois says the word "Superman" in the preview reel.
- We DO see a costume, made up of the Brandon Routh suit. It is in the same box Martha left for Clark in the season finale.

UPDATED 07/09/10: Source

This episode is likely to be directed by Kevin Fair

UPDATED 06/30/10:

The CW announces return dates for 'Gossip Girl,' 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Smallville,' and more! | Ausiello | EW.com

Airdate added. 24th September.

UPDATED 06/16/10:

From Kryptonsite

Episode title added

Episode #10-02 Shield
Writer: Jordan Hawley Director: Glen Winter
Airdate: 1st October 2010

UPDATED 08/03/10: From twitter

@alseptien i loved the scene where Lois is looking out on the desert in the promo, Can you tell me something about it??
@lady_fun_rock It's set in an African desert.

@OfficialThad Carter Hall takes on Lois Lane in ep 2. Wonder if he'll need back-up?

UPDATED 07/25/10: From K-site

-Lois has a scene in the desert with Carter Hall where she learns some things that makes her better understand the recent changes in her life.

UPDATED 07/21/10: twitter

@alseptien I don't know if you can say or not, but do you who is writing 10x2?
@history1776 Jordan Hawley.

UPDATED 07/21/10: Mega Buzz: The Mentalist's Brother, a New Glee Girlfriend and Many Mad Men Lovers - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I would love some intel on the new season of Smallville. — Will
ADAM: And I'd love to give you some: Carter Hall (aka Hawkman) will return in Season 10's second episode, presumably to help Clark & Co. fight this season's big bad. And there will also be a new face, as Clark gets assigned a new partner at the Daily Planet when Lois takes a temporary leave. The character, who seems to be hiding something, is very vocal in her disdain for masked superheroes.

UPDATED 07/14/10:

From Kryptonsite

Episode title added
- A really annoying-seeming character named "Nancie" who has a son is in this episode. She comes to work at the Daily Planet, and she seems to be filling in while Lois is... where? We don't know. At one point she listens on the radio to someone named "Godfrey," which could be a reference to Glorious Godfrey of Darkseid lore. The radio "Godfrey" has a thing against "the hero menace," much like he did in the 1980's Legends comic book series.

UPDATED 07/09/10: Source

This episode is likely to be directed by Glen Winter

Episode #10-03 Supergirl
Writer: Anne Cofell SaundersDirector: Mairzee Almas
Airdate: 8th October 2010

UPDATED 08/06/10: From twitter

Chico6 @kitkatnat8 she (Kara) does interact with Lois! Big scene coming
up with Clark, Lois and Kara

UPDATED 07/20/10: From twitter

acofell There will be sexy Lois in Ep. 3 wow!

UPDATED 07/19/10:

ACS confirmed via twitter that she was writing 10.03, Supergirl.

UPDATED 07/17/10: Source

Mairzee Almas will direct this episode.

UPDATED 07/14/10:

From Kryptonsite

An upcoming episode will be titled Supergirl, it is likely to be 10.03 or 10.05

Episode #10-04 Homecoming
Writer: Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders Director: Jeannot Szwarc
Airdate: October 2010 15th October 2010

@Chico6 are they going to change the Daily Planet set or make it look more dynamic like the movies with all the working caos?
@Smallville_MS not a lot but watch 200th episode for a major change.

UPDATED 07/28/10: From Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson via Suzanne Gomez' twitter:

Who asked about lane and kent action? You will see in 200th ep massive lane and kent action!

UPDATED 07/15/10:

From Kryptonsite

Episode title added

General Spoilers

UPDATED 08/03/10: From twitter

is @alseptien still around?? Will Tess get to do scenes with Lois/Clark/Ollie soon in the season?? in the promo it didn't look like it...
@lady_fun_rock yep.

UPDATED 08/03/10: From Fancast The Big Tease: Scoop On 'NCIS,' 'Smallville,' 'Chuck' and More | Fancast News

Could you ask the ‘Smallville‘ producers about Clois from Clark’s POV? – ginnytwin via Twitter
I hand-delivered your question to Brian Peterson, who noted that now that Lois knows who The Blur is, “For the first time Clark doesn’t know everything; Lois has the secret. So that dynamic will flip everything in that relationship, and it really brings those personal feelings to life.” Kelly Souders echoed that sentiment, saying, “All those scenes we’ve seen Clark play over the years – going all the way back to Lana – literally get flipped.” Flippin’ cool!

UPDATED 07/30/10: From Give Me My Remote SMALLVILLE Producers Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson Tease the Final Season | Give Me My Remote

Lois knows Clark is the Blur:
“What’s fun is Clark has been raised keeping secrets,” Peterson says. “Lois, not so much. And so watching Lois trying to keep this amazing secret is going to be a fascinating struggle of will.”

And while in the Superman mythology, Lois shouldn’t know yet that Clark is Superman, that might not totally impact whether SMALLVILLE’s Lois is still in the know by the time the series ends.

“We’re sticking pretty true to our own mythology,” he says. “But I think there are some twists along the way that will make fans of the original comic and graphic novel very happy.”

@Chico6 I would love to know more about the role of journalism and The Daily Planet in the final season.
@ginnytwin there will be more journalism this year per Brian.

UPDATED 07/28/10: From Daemon's TV Erica Durance Interview – SMALLVILLE Comic Con 2010 | Daemon's TV

In the new season, what’s the evolution of Lois and what role do you think she played in pushing Clark?

Erica Durance: Well, I think it’s great in this season she knows and you see her struggle accepting her destiny. That’s the thing about the show, it’s about people accepting their destinies and what they’re for and embracing it and moving forward. Once she embraces that she’s there to make things easier for him and that’s her role in the mythology. That’s what Lois Lane wants. She was the love of his life so that is why I hope that they continue to do and they do that throughout the season.

Lois might use that as leverage as well?

Erica Durance: I’m sure she will. Why not? No, but that’s what I like about her. Instead of moping about, ‘Oh, you didn’t tell me,’ it’s like she finds out and goes, ‘Okay, you know what, you didn’t want to tell me. I’m cool with that. I’ll support that. I won’t get all girlie about it and I’ll help him with this sickness.’ That’s so much greater than my feelings. That’s what I really like about her and then at some point she’ll let him have it and bring him down to earth.

The show’s mythology is different from the films. Have they said that they’re going to keep it in the ‘Smallville’ universe or do they want to jump into the mythology that everyone knows about?

Erica Durance: I think that they want everybody to get the pay off they’ve been looking for ten years. So what I’ve heard from them is that they’re just going full bore in season ten and going as far as they can with it and just hoping to make it people smile and get excited about spending ten years watching something.

Is it your fan-girl dream like in all these ‘Superman’ movies to go flying somewhere?

Erica Durance: I think that would be pretty sweet. That’d be all right. That’d be okay.

What are your feelings about this being the final season?

Erica Durance: Because we’re still in the middle of it it’s not something that’s not at the forefront, but I think it’s bittersweet. Like anything, it needs a beginning, a middle and it needs a really good end and I think that’s the real focus now, to sink our teeth into it and make it as good as we can for our fans.

By the end of season, what would you wish would happen to your character

Erica Durance: That she gets to fly.

UPDATED 07/26/10: From io9 We have super spoilers for Season 10 of Smallville

Erica Durance expressed a strong desire to see her portrayal of Lois evolve into that of the iconic Lois Lane. She also promised more funny outfits ("Lois is going undercover") and noted that Lois gets to see Clark's physical power for the first time in the season premiere.

UPDATED 07/26/10: Erica's interview with Craig from K-site KryptonSite: Interview With Erica Durance - Comic-Con 2010

A lot of your fans are very excited that you will be in 22 episodes this year. How does it feel to have that finally happening?

I am very excited, myself. I was joking that I just waited for the rest of the cast to die off, and they finally let me in the door, just with pure perserverence. No. I'm excited to be in every story, and see where they can take my character, and hopefully flesh out a nice, big arc for her. I'm looking forward to it.

Did you look to anyone who inspired your portrayal of Lois Lane?

I relied on the guys that were writing on the show, and where they wanted to take her. And then just trying to clear my mind of the fact that she is Lois Lane, and do my best, and just see her as her own entity; a new character, and go from there. It helped that I had really interesting storylines to go from. I haven't specifically taken from the other Loises. Actually, I got a lot of inspiration from my mom. She's very similar.

On the panel you alluded to Lois's reaction to knowing Clark's secret. Can you talk a bit more about that?

I'm not allowed to say too much, but to be fair, they've made it safe for themselves, because they haven't told us a lot of stuff. So it's moreso the idea that I get where she's knows, so there's the power shift. She has to decide how she fits in and whether she'd be more of a hindrance to him, or a help to him. She knows she's like a bull in a china shop, and she realizes that he has this huge destiny and "How can I be a part of it?" But in true Lois fashion, the way that she helps isn't the normal, helpful way [laughs], and then she'll get impatient with the whole situation of keeping the secret.

Would you like to see more of Lois's family, like General Lane, on the series again at some point?

I would. I'd like to see a little bit more of Lois's family back. And [Michael Ironside] was a lot of fun to work with, so it'll be really great to have him back.

Have the producers told you what Lois Lane's final scene in the show will be?

No. We know nothing!

If it were up to you, what do you think Lois's fate should be?

She should be with Clark.

Married?

Ehhh.... Marriage always does weird things, doesn't it?

But you're happily married!

I am. But the character wouldn't. It's always better to keep that mystery.

The second episode of the new season is said to have a sequence with Lois and Carter Hall in the desert. What's going on there?

Lois has a chance meeting with Carter Hall, and gets a little inspiration from him on how to deal with this whole situation. Which was really fun. I really enjoyed working with Michael.

Do you think they'll eventually stop saying The Blur and start saying Superman on the show?

I hope so. I said "Superman" [in the preview]. So maybe it'll take.

UPDATED 07/25/10: From Eonline Smallville Stars Promise Comic-Con (and Thousands of Fans!) a Fabulous Final Season - E! Online

Oh, and did you guys want some news about Lois (Erica Durance) and Clark (Tom Welling), too?

Erica tells us Clois will be in a good place when Smallville returns Sept. 24. "Lois knows Clark's secret, and that's mind-blowing, but it's an affirmation she has because I believe she's always known they were the same person," she laughs.

"I would go up against anyone about that. And now Lois is embracing it and finding out where she fits in his world now that he's this rock star."

But ever the feminista, Erica has plans for her alter ego beyond the romance: "Hopefully she will continue to go forward, and continue her individual path and being that undercover reporter and believing in herself—not just relying on the fact that he's a superhero. I want her to still continue to save herself." Have we mentioned that both Erica and Lois are pretty badass?

UPDATED 05/20/10:: KSiteTV The CW Announces Its 2010-2011 Schedule

Official Season 10 description

Entering its explosive tenth and final season, SMALLVILLE culminates in the epic rise of the world’s ultimate hero – Superman. Finally working alongside the intrepid Lois Lane at the Daily Planet, Clark Kent had accepted his destiny as the guardian of Metropolis when General Zod arrived, challenging Clark’s authority and power. Just when the romance between Clark and Lois began to bloom, Clark was called into duty by the legendary Justice Society and his own burgeoning league of heroes to fight the gathering dark forces. As season nine drew to a close, Clark sacrificed himself to save the world from Zod. Season ten promises the classic reuniting of the timeless romance between Clark and Lois, and brings Clark face-to-face with his destiny as he overcomes his final trials and forges the iconic identity that will be known for all time. The series stars Tom Welling as Clark Kent, Erica Durance as Lois Lane, Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen and Cassidy Freeman as Tess Mercer. SMALLVILLE was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (“Shanghai Noon,” “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor”), based on the DC Comics characters. Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson serve as executive producers, along with James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola and Tom Welling. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

UPDATED 03/04/10: Smallville renewed for 10th season.
This Just In: The CW renews 'Smallville' | Ausiello | EW.com

I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 08-07-2010 at 08:17 PM
Old 07-26-2010, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Episode Stills

9.22 Salvation

Screen Captures

Behind the Scenes

Season 10 Animations

Credit Leanne.(onebreath)

Possible thread titles
B/c we need some spoilerish tidbit to help us through the summer hiatus.
B/c the summer hiatus is gonna kill us.
B/c with a season this good, we can't wait to see what S10 will bring.
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 07-27-2010 at 03:49 AM
Old 07-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Rach and for taking on the responsibility of updating.

Reaction to the title.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Posting stuff from the last thread in this post so I'll remember to update later:

SDCC 2010 EXCLUSIVE: Smallville Season 10 Cast Interviews! - MovieWeb.com

Smallville: Executive Producer Brian Peterson Talks Darkseid and More About Season 10

YouTube - Tom Welling - Smallville Comic Con 2010 Interview

KryptonSite: Interview With Tom Welling - Comic-Con 2010

YouTube - Smallville Season 10 trailer SDCC 2010 Comic Con

Quote:
Originally posted by TVJunkie22

Thanks for the pics and everything.

Interviews are starting to roll in...

Quote:
Erica tells us Clois will be in a good place with Smallville returns Sept. 24. "Lois knows Clark's secret, and that's mind-blowing but it's an affirmation she has because I believe she's always known they were the same person," she laughs.

"I would go up against anyone about that. And now Lois is embracing it and finding out where she fits in his world now that he's this rockstar."

But ever the feminista, Erica has plans for her alter beyond the romance: "Hopefully she will continue to go forward, and continue her individual path and being that undercover reporter and believing in herself—not just relying on the fact that he's a superhero. I want her to still continue to save herself." Have we mentioned that both Erica and Lois are pretty badass?
Read more: Smallville Stars Promise Comic-Con (and Thousands of Fans!) a Fabulous Final Season - E! Online

Quote:
Erica Durance was asked what she would like to see in terms of an homage to other Superman scenes in the final season and here’s what she said.

Would it be a scene where we see Lois flying Clark’s arms? “That would be pretty sweet. Because we know it is ending we are trying to make a good beginning, middle and end for the fans.”
source

ETA:
Quote:
Super Secrets: Lois found out Clark's little secret in the season finale, but won't be sharing the news, even with him. "She decides not to tell him that she knows for a while," Durance told TVGuide.com after the panel."She finds all these ways to hide it and make it easy for him to do what he's got to do to get away from her, so he can be that superhero and fulfill that destiny. But, in true Lois fashion, I'm sure she'll get tired of keeping secrets."
So Clark really thinks that Lois doesn't know his secret? Even after he kissed her? I mean, I know it was in the dark, but come on Clark. It'll be interesting to see her on the other side of things though, almost like she's hiding his own secret from him

Also, this
Quote:
Cat Grant joins Clark (Tom Welling) at the Daily Planet while Lois is off in Africa as a field correspondent, we hear the word "Superman,"
Lois still goes to Africa? ...well I guess if she's keeping the fact she knows from him then the last time he thinks she saw him as "Clark" was in the barn loft... so I guess that makes sense? I don't know. That's kinda sad if Clark won't even know she was there when he "died"

Source: Smallville Spoilers from Comic-Con - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Quote:
Originally posted by now.it.all.begins

From brenren at DI:

THE TRAILER!!!!:

Starts with Clark on the ground with the dagger still in him, and Lois is laying with her head on his chest... then we see Clark getting up in his thrashed Blur-shirt... then cut to Lois opening the box with the full suit from MaKent and says she was the last one to know.

Jonathan "something very dark is coming", shot of Lionel, cut to Tess waking up with weird face in weird place, gets grabbed by something looking like voldemort, meeting Clark under a tree...

Parademons fly down, DP globe falls, Clark flies & catches, not definite he flew, but it sure looks like it! Bunches of that was from 1st ep.
'Smallville': A Peek at the Final Season at Comic-Con - Speakeasy - WSJ

Smallville - KTLA
Rachel
Old 07-26-2010, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I read spec on DI that with Clark dying maybe he would have some amnesia thing that made him forget about the kiss or something.

Maybe the fact Lois doens't say anything makes Clark think she doesn't guess, but please Clark, don't you recall that the first time you missed Lois she knew you weren't Ollie because she knows her mans kiss.

GIF by onebreath

Old 07-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Clark really should know that she'd know.
Rachel
Old 07-26-2010, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He should.

Apparently Al told someone that we may see "some" of the following, not all.

Metallo
Bizarro
Mixy
Parasite

If I can pic I want Metallo and Bizzy.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I could care less about SV's version of Mxy and Parasite. And yeah I'd love to see Bizzy come back and you know how much I love BAG already.
Rachel
Old 07-26-2010, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You love BAG? Get out

I'd love to see Bizzy and Lois and for Lois to know it's not Clark.

Was Parasite the episode when Clark thinks he's nuts?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

That was Labyrinth. Parasite is one of the members of the Injustice Gang or something like that and was in the ep Injustice in S8.

Yeah I'd love to see Lois realize that Bizzy isn't Clark right off the bat.

ETA: Just saw the gif. They're going to slay me.
Rachel
Old 07-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That gif needs to go in the 2nd OP.

So was Parasite the one that took Clark's powers?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

That sounds about right.

Karen, I'd like to get onebreath's permission before we do that. Do you think you can ask her if that's okay?
Rachel
Old 07-26-2010, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I sent her a message.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks
Rachel
Old 07-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero