Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Erica Spoilers/Speculations #26:B/c Universe, hear our plea, give us something good to fill this new thread with.Please?

{ Welcome to the 26th Lois Lane Spoiler & Speculation Thread }

By makry

General Promotional Videos

January 2010 promo

YouTube - SmallvilleClip.wmv

YouTube - The CW - It's TV To Talk About 1

YouTube - The CW - TV To Talk About 2

YouTube - Smallville - Season 9 Trailer (Better Quality)

UPDATED 03/04/10: Smallville renewed for 10th season.
This Just In: The CW renews 'Smallville' | Ausiello | EW.com

Episode #10-01 Lazarus
Writer: Holly Henderson and Don Whitehead Director: Kevin Fair
Airdate: 24th September 2010

UPDATED 07/09/10: Source

This episode is likely to be directed by Kevin Fair

UPDATED 06/30/10:

The CW announces return dates for 'Gossip Girl,' 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Smallville,' and more! | Ausiello | EW.com

Airdate added. 24th September.

UPDATED 06/16/10:

From Kryptonsite

Episode title added

Episode #10-02 Shield
Writer: Jordan Hawley Director: Glen Winter
Airdate: ?

UPDATED 07/21/10: twitter

@alseptien I don't know if you can say or not, but do you who is writing 10x2?
@history1776 Jordan Hawley.

UPDATED 07/21/10: Mega Buzz: The Mentalist's Brother, a New Glee Girlfriend and Many Mad Men Lovers - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I would love some intel on the new season of Smallville. — Will
ADAM: And I'd love to give you some: Carter Hall (aka Hawkman) will return in Season 10's second episode, presumably to help Clark & Co. fight this season's big bad. And there will also be a new face, as Clark gets assigned a new partner at the Daily Planet when Lois takes a temporary leave. The character, who seems to be hiding something, is very vocal in her disdain for masked superheroes.

UPDATED 07/14/10:

From Kryptonsite

Episode title added
- A really annoying-seeming character named "Nancie" who has a son is in this episode. She comes to work at the Daily Planet, and she seems to be filling in while Lois is... where? We don't know. At one point she listens on the radio to someone named "Godfrey," which could be a reference to Glorious Godfrey of Darkseid lore. The radio "Godfrey" has a thing against "the hero menace," much like he did in the 1980's Legends comic book series.

UPDATED 07/09/10: Source

This episode is likely to be directed by Glen Winter

Episode #10-03 Supergirl
Writer: Anne Cofell SaundersDirector: Mairzee Almas
Airdate: ?

UPDATED 07/20/10: From twitter:

acofell There will be sexy Lois in Ep. 3 wow!

UPDATED 07/19/10:

ACS confirmed via twitter that she was writing 10.03, Supergirl.

UPDATED 07/17/10: Source

Mairzee Almas will direct this episode.

UPDATED 07/14/10:

From Kryptonsite

An upcoming episode will be titled Supergirl, it is likely to be 10.03 or 10.05

Episode #10-04 Homecoming
Writer: Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders Director: ?
Airdate: October 2010 ?

UPDATED 07/15/10:

From Kryptonsite

Episode title added

General Spoilers

UPDATED 05/20/10:: KSiteTV The CW Announces Its 2010-2011 Schedule

Official Season 10 description

Entering its explosive tenth and final season, SMALLVILLE culminates in the epic rise of the world’s ultimate hero – Superman. Finally working alongside the intrepid Lois Lane at the Daily Planet, Clark Kent had accepted his destiny as the guardian of Metropolis when General Zod arrived, challenging Clark’s authority and power. Just when the romance between Clark and Lois began to bloom, Clark was called into duty by the legendary Justice Society and his own burgeoning league of heroes to fight the gathering dark forces. As season nine drew to a close, Clark sacrificed himself to save the world from Zod. Season ten promises the classic reuniting of the timeless romance between Clark and Lois, and brings Clark face-to-face with his destiny as he overcomes his final trials and forges the iconic identity that will be known for all time. The series stars Tom Welling as Clark Kent, Erica Durance as Lois Lane, Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen and Cassidy Freeman as Tess Mercer. SMALLVILLE was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (“Shanghai Noon,” “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor”), based on the DC Comics characters. Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson serve as executive producers, along with James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola and Tom Welling. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

UPDATED 04/29/10:: Via Twitter

@alseptien Will we learn why Alia had powers under a yellow sun?
@SManBeyond Perhaps.

@alseptien I wish to continue @BertuIsis 's game. 2 words explaining the role of Lois in Salvation
@mcvs2104 One word: Overwhelmed.

@alseptien can you explain with one or two words the role of Zod in Salvation?
@BertuIsis He's the villain : )

@alseptien will there be a clark and lois end scene or a blur and lois end scene in "salvation"?
@princemel73 Yes. : )
@princemel73 Actually, I just reread your post. If by "end scene" you mean the end of the season, then yes. If you mean anything else... ?

@alseptien ok, and two words explaining the role of TESS?
@BertuIsis I like this game! TESS: "Elusive"

@alseptien And I now that it´s probably an old question but... Are we going to have the Kawatche bracelet again? ;-)
@Shelby_Huesario I don't know.

@alseptien I don't mind drama or angst, but will there be at least one Clois scene that will make me happy? Thanks again for doing this : )
@history1776 Yep.

@alseptien Serious question? Honestly.Do you have limits on the Clois relationship because of restrictions? Are we really going to get more?
@IClois @Rania9 Not that I know of. I'd keep hope alive : )

UPDATED 04/29/10:: From Mega Buzz 4/27

Seems like Clois sex is on the table on Smallville. Is it going to happen this season? — Erin
ADAM: As you point out, both Lois and Clark definitely seem up for it. As for whether they'll actually seal the deal this year, there's just one little problem, according to executive producer Brian Peterson: "They keep trying, but sadly and ironically, the Blur has come between Lois and Clark [to prevent them from] ever consummating their relationship." I'll leave you to argue (cry?) about Peterson's use of the word "ever."

UPDATED 04/21/10:: Via Twitter

Nora02583: @alseptien Will 'Salvation' mirror 'Pandora' in some ways?
alseptien: @Nora02583 Kind of. You'll know what I mean after you see it.

Chrisluvstom: @alseptien all I want to know Al will Lois and Clark kiss WITHOUT interuption
alseptien: @Chrisluvstom For how long?
Chrisluvstom: @alseptien umm sure the last two kisses one was cut short the other before it could begin *crossing fingers for a LONG kiss*
alseptien: @Chrisluvstom All I'll say is... you'll see kissing. : )

KristaJenkin: @alseptien Please can you tell me if we will see a lot more Lois investigating in the last episodes for her? Charade, Hostage, Salvation?
alseptien: @KristaJenkin Some.

UPDATED 04/21/10:: Via twitter.

BRIANG1227: @alseptien Hi! Is the Clark lo-jacking Lois thing being set up so he learns she's not Lana and doesn't need protection like that? That was the one thing I didn't like about Upgrade, because Clark would be so freaked out if someone were tracking him.
alseptien: @BrianG1227 I think Clark's love and care for Lois led him a little astray there. When he makes mistakes he learns from them : )

UPDATED 04/17/10:: Via twitter.

lisas100: @alseptien since committed we know LL loves CK. She confirmed last night to JC. Will Clark second her emotions any time soon?
alseptien: @lisas100 keep watching ; )

UPDATED 04/16/10:: 'Smallville' Preview: Pledged Allegiances Threaten Clark's Life and Love | Fancast News

The last time we spoke, you teased “a couple of surprises” ahead for Clark and Lois. These days, fans are fretting that a break-up will be one of them.
Well, after what happened at the end of “Escape,” when Lois pledged her allegiance to The Blur, who she’s been so reverent toward…. Keeping her work with The Blur a secret from Clark unfortunately impacts that relationship.

One of the promos shows Chloe chloroforming Lois. I can’t imagine how she bounces back from that. Will we believe her to be justified?
What I love about our show is that every character is justified if you look at it through their perspective. In my mind, Chloe is very justified in her actions – but they’ll still come with consequences. Our characters, as well-intentioned as they are, will reap the consequences of their actions at the end of the season.

UPDATED 04/15/10:: Spoilerama! Smallville Boss Answers Your Burning Q's - E! Online

heroicfarmboy: Where is Lois' journalism career headed? Will she and Clark get promoted out of the basement? Work under Perry White maybe?B.P.: We all know that's what eventually happens, but as with any story there are a few bumps in the road. But Perry White is making an appearance on the show in "Hostage," so that will move them along to that end.

lorrainecollins: There are no spoilers for episode 21, "Hostage."
B.P.: It's a really pivotal episode because even though Martha's (Annette O'Toole) been gone, clearly she's still been watching over her son and been in his life. To have her come back into the show provides a great episode that lets us explore how much Clark has grown since he graduated from high school and since his father died. Perry comes in, too, and has a great story with Lois Lane, which turns them in a different trajectory than they've been on.

Lane_Kent: "Idol" was the second highest rated episode of the season. Any more Lois-centric episodes in the future?
B.P.: We actually have a sequel to that in an upcoming episode called "Charade," which I was lucky enough to direct. We bring back the villain from "Idol," Ray Sacks, the D.A. who blows Lois off the roof. We cap that story with the next evolution of that.

heroicfarmboy: Clark and Lois' relationship has been great so far. Will she finally learn his secret?
B.P.: What I can say is that this year we've really explored the tough duality of Lois having one relationship with this hero, the soldier of duty relationship, and one romantic love relationship with Clark, and so that just drives all the way through episodes 19, 21 and the finale. Everything that's been going on with that love triangle converges.

Lane_Kent: Kelly Souders said Clark and Lois would develop until the very last second of the season. What exactly did she mean?
B.P.: I can back that up 100 percent. It's not just Clark and Lois, it's really the relationship between the Blur and Lois, and Clark and Lois that drives all the way up into the last few minutes of the finale. It's one of the bigger cliff-hangers at the end of this season, what happens with them.

UPDATED 04/16/10: Smallville Producer Talks Metallo's Return, Maxwell Lord's Debut and More - TV Feature at IGN

IGN: As we're going into these final episodes and Zod now has these powers, will he be taking center stage a bit more?
Peterson: I would say it's pretty balanced. Clark has a lot of other things on his plate, like Lois and Checkmate and Tess and Chloe. So it's actually pretty balanced. He takes center stage in a couple episodes, but I would say not in the full run.

IGN: You mentioned Lois and Clark. That's obviously a very famous, iconic couple. Lois had been on the show for several years. Did you feel like this was just the right time to finally see what these two are going to be like as a couple?
Peterson: We definitely wanted to be true to Clark's heart, and even after he broke up with Lana, he was still dealing with the wounds and being in love with Lana, so after last season, where that kind of was healed a little bit, we finally got a chance to see the two of them exploring the feelings that they have for each other. I think they don't quite know how to handle those feelings, because Clark is having two separate relationships with Lois, as Blur and as Clark, and Lois is torn because there is this iconic, amazing hero she kind of has a duty toward, and then she kind of has a romantic love for Clark. So that really all climaxes in this last run of episodes that we have.

UPDATED 04/04/10:: From Al Septien's Twitter:

MarinkaV: Can you please address WHY Clark doesn't tell Lois his secret? Let him word it?We really need to know. He saw she can handle it, numerous times,dr Fate told she's the one,Clark saw Pandora's futurew/out Lois. Now we know there she isn't allowed to know yet, but can Clark (or you guys) at least explain why? @SV_Writers @alseptien @turimeyer
alseptien: @MarinkaV this will be dealt with in an upcoming ep. sorry I can't say more

UPDATED 02/16/10:
Kristin from E!Online just posted this:

Smallville: I'm told it's very likely that Smallville will return for another season, given that it is pulling in solid ratings (by CW standards)—an average of about 2.5 million on Friday nights. So why no Smallville pickup today? According to insiders, it's possible they are still finalizing deals with the actors and also want to announce Smallville's pickup separately, while also setting an end date, as it may be the final season.

UPDATED 02/05/10:
'Smallville's Erica Durance Dishes on Clark/Lois, Kisses and More | Fancast News

UPDATED 02/05/10:
What is your favorite element of writing for a show like Smallville?

Geoff Johns: My favorite element - it changes. The last few seasons, as soon as Lois and Clark are hanging out more and more, that dynamic, to me, is a lot of fun. There was an episode where Lois was reading for a newscast this season, and to me, that was one of the best episodes they've done, because the chemistry between those two is off the chart. So, it changes. That was a very interesting element to work with, and something that I really enjoyed, but I think if I had written during Season 3 or 6 it would have been something else, and I couldn't tell you that unless I had done it.
Source

UPDATED 02/05/10:
Smallville's Erica Durance: Lois Will Get to Play the Hero - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

UPDATED 02/04/10:
Smallville: Exclusive Interview with Erica Durance : SciFiTVZone.com

UPDATED 01/07/10:

From Ausiello:

Queston: I need a Smallville scoop. The most delicious one you can share. —Bryan
Ausiello: This one’s pretty yummy: Later this season, Clark takes Lois on a romantic getaway to a bed and breakfast. Tasty, right? Well, there’s more. Guess who’s also enjoying a quiet weekend away at the same B&B? Oliver and Chloe! Bon appétit!

Question: We need a Smallville spoiler. —Nelson
Ausiello: This one isn’t going to taste nearly as good as the last one. Rumor has it Clark will get infected with red kryptonite again

UPDATED 11/02/09:

We can also look forward to Lois Lane and Clark hooking up, just like Lois dreamed at the start of this season. Peterson vows, “What we teased in the premiere, we have all intentions of paying off for the fans this season.”

TV Guide Magazine | Keck's Exclusives | Ask Keck

UPDATED 10/29/09:

Question: Will Clois move full-steam ahead on Smallville or will there be a monkey wrench that derails the train? —Murnice
Ausiello: While the relationship hasn’t exactly moved along faster than a speeding bullet, you’ll be glad to know that there are blue skies on the horizon — beginning with this week’s big smooch. “They both have a few issues, so things never go as smoothly as you think,” says exec producer Kelly Souders. “But what’s great about the relationship, because it’s sort of more adult, mature relationship, is it actually brings their issues up to the forefront, and makes them start dealing with them instead of being the younger versions of themselves, where they might not have been that conscious of it.”

Question: Will Clark ever find out about Lois’ so called “Sex Dream” on Smallville? —Lisa
Ausiello: “I would say tune into [episode 9] ‘Pandora,’” Souders teases. “Reality is relative in ‘Pandora,’ but I will say that when [Lois] goes to the future, there’s some skin there.” Souders adds that “‘Pandora’ is literally like a finale. It’s huge. You’ll see an alternate ending for everyone in the cast. You’ll see what could happen to them and the future is dramatic. You won’t be disappointed.”

Question: When will Clark put on the iconic glasses on Smallville? —Jackson
Ausiello: “There’s something coming up in these first nine episodes,” Souders reveals, “in which Clark might at least contemplate glasses.”

UPDATED 10/28/09:

Smallville hasn’t even crossed the midway point of season 9 and already talk of a possible 10th season is heating up — and not just among fans. “We are really, really pushing for season 10,” executive producer Kelly Souders tells me. “We really hope it happens.”

'We're pushing for season 10'

UPDATED 10/28/09:

TVGuide.com: How are you approaching Clark and Lois (Erica Durance) finally being a couple this season?
Souders: They have their ups and downs just like every other couple. What comes out in the first half of this season is exactly what their issues are as far as their relationship goes. You get a little more insight, particularly into Lois. In the past, Clark was always hesitant to get into a relationship. He's finally met his match in Lois and I think she's even more hesitant in some ways than he is. The issues that she's grappling with romantically will start to emerge more clearly over this first half of the season.

TVGuide.com: Will she find out Clark's secret now that they're dating?
Souders: Well... there's a really great episode called "Idol" that's coming up that if you're curious about Lois and Clark and the secret, you should definitely watch that one. As we know we have to line up with the mythos, in which case she doesn't know his secret, but watch "Idol," it's very, very fun.

TVGuide.com: I take "Pandora" to be the episode when Clark discovers the content of Lois' visions. How does he come to discover it and how does it affect the future story lines in learning this?
Souders: It greatly affects Clark's storyline and shines a big light on Zod [Callum Blue] and the other Kandorians who have come. It informs what Clark does from that point forward. He discovers it through Lois' point of view, through her visions of the future. It's Smallville, so we have to do something more visual than her just telling him. It's not another power, there's nothing unreal about it, but he gets to see the world through her eyes in a sense.

TV Guide

UPDATED 10/07/09:
YouTube - Erica Durance Talks Smallville Season 9 at Comic Con 2009

UPDATED 09/30/09:
Clark and Chloe deserve to be friends at least. The season premiere tore their friendship apart and I don't want to watch Smallville anymore. — Josh
ADAM: Wrongs can always be undone, Josh. Sure, Chloe and Clark have a long way to go in repairing their friendship, but by the end of the next episode, I think you will be hopeful about them patching things up. The bad news for Chlark fans is this: Chloe's friendly gesture pushes Clark closer to Lois.

Mega Buzz: Scoop on Brothers & Sisters, Housewives, CSI: NY, Fringe and More - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

UPDATED 09/30/09: From a new radio interview with Cassidy:

Cassidy: The beginning of the season is very Clark and Lois heavy, which is really really fun.
Q: Oh that's great.
Cassidy: Yeah I think people have been missing the whole Lois and Clark thing, and it's awesome. I'm really enjoying this season.
Q: You know, in the beginning, in the comics Lana Lang was Clark's childhood sweetheart and he didn't even meet Lois until he got to Metropolis. And so when they said they would bring Lois in I was like, "Hmmm, I don't know", but my god Erica Durance is kicking butt in that role. I mean she's made that role her own and it's tough to---
Cassidy: She's so perfect.
Q: It's tough to top Margot Kidder, but my god Erica Durance is doing such a great job with that role.
Cassidy: Yeah, she does. And she just, she totally gets it. She really, really gets it.
[...]
Cassidy: It's very Lois and Clark heavy in the beginning. You know, even if you don't like romance, you will be romanced by Lois and Clark. They're so cute together.

Source

UPDATED 09/25/09:
Cassidy: Oliver is actually gonna rekindle some feelings for Lois. I mean how can you not? She's just so perfect. Do you know what I mean? She's like the most perfect woman. [...] And the Lois and Clark relationship only gets hotter. I like reading the scripts, they're like romance novels.

UPDATED 09/25/09: From Zap2it.com

Is Clark really giving up on his humanity in the new season of "Smallville"? I just can't see that happening. -Carol
Clark will attempt to give up his human life and attachments in order to embrace his destiny. He will cut everyone off -- including Chloe -- to do some serious training with Jor-El. Our boy is in a very dark place, largely due to the death of Jimmy... though the return of Lois could be the eventual antidote.

So Lois is in the future? Does that mean she'll be out of the picture for a while? -Dana
Nope, the premiere picks back up with Lois returning to present day. Unfortunately for Ms. Lane, she has no clue where she's been, what she was doing there or how much time has passed since she disappeared. But she'll be even more confused when she starts having fragmented visions of what happened in the future... not only does a beloved character appear to be dead, but Lois also sees herself doing a little bump and grind with a certain someone.

LOIS & CLARK! LOIS & CLARK! Will the Lois and Clark relationship finally be explored this season? -Kat
Wait til you see episode two.

I have to admit that I'm really curious to see Brian Austin Green on "Smallville" being all bad. Any scoop on him? -Mary
Yeah, you know, David Silver pulls off "bad" pretty good. But you'll first glimpse his character John before he turns to the dark side. There may actually be a bit of chemistry between him and Lois while he's a reporter at the Daily Planet. But it won't last. He's got some serious issues with our boy as "The Blur" and he'll stop at nothing to satiate his need for revenge.

UPDATED 09/25/09: From TV Guide Magazine | Smallville | It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's Smallville Season 9!:
"Perhaps even more daunting than saving the world will be Clark’s struggle to maintaining the relationships he has established with his friends. “A lot of this came about when Brian and I were discussing why he isn’t Superman 24 hours a day. Why is he ever Clark Kent,” says Kelly Souders, Peterson’s fellow showrunner. “And for us the short answer is Lois Lane. Why bother ever getting into [the] Clark Kent [identity]? It’s because of the people he loves.” To that end, expect a love triangle between Clark, Lois (Erica Durance) and Clark’s pre-Superman alter ego, the Blur (shortened from last season’s Red Blue Blur moniker due to a new all-black costume).

Though Lois seemed drawn to Clark’s mild mannerisms, she also developed a soft spot for the Blur, who she sensed was a lonely hero who just needed someone to confide in. Says Peterson: “It’s going to be a season-long struggle with Lois between the person who’s right in front of her, who she’s fallen for, and her Achilles heel, which has always been the mysterious hero."

UPDATED 9/15/09: Something new from "PattyLaurie" at IMDB: "The first kiss [between Lois and Clark] occurs in Crossfire, but there is a second in "Idol, that precipitates a dire 'catatonic' incident, necessitating the discovery of truth behind Lois's 'flashes', and their calamitous ramifications, revealed then in Pandora!

UPDATED 9/11/09: From cwtv.com

Soaring into its ninth season, this modern retelling of the Superman legend and its classic characters continues to blend realism, action and emotional depth to reveal a new interpretation of the enduring mythology. This season, as Metropolis' clock tower tolls our characters' darkest hour, we find Clark Kent (Tom Welling) finally making his first attempts to embrace his calling as a superhero.

After the events of last season, Clark takes on the mantle of protector of Metropolis, trading in his familiar red-and-blue for black-and-gray, sticking to the city's shadows and rooftops to become a solitary sentry simply known as "the Blur." While Clark wrestles with his identity, feeling forced to choose between his Kryptonian heritage and human past, he'll encounter even more powerful enemies and allies from across the DC Universe. This season will feature new and past nemeses, including Metallo (Brian Austin Green, "Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles"), the man with the Kryptonite heart; Roulette, a sexy mastermind; the return of Toyman; and the always-treacherous Zod (Callum Blue) as a young Major and leader of an invading alien army, who befriends fellow Kryptonian Clark just as his venomous side is beginning to emerge. This season will also feature an appearance by DC Comics' first all-star team of superheroes, the Justice Society of America, in an episode penned by renowned comic book writer Geoff Johns, who returns to the show after writing last year's fan favorite episode, "Legion."

After a year of protecting Metropolis as the "Red-Blue Blur," Clark Kent finished season eight with the weight and fate of the world on his shoulders, facing down Doomsday. Clark emerged victorious, but his decision to ignore the Justice League's warnings and save the human side of medic Davis Bloome (Sam Witwer) from the monster Doomsday came with a tragic cost – Davis turned out to be just as evil as the beast he'd been bonded to, and murdered Jimmy Olsen (Aaron Ashmore) in front of Chloe (Alison Mack), the woman they both loved. In the wake of Jimmy's death, Chloe retreated into her Watchtower, the Justice League disbanded, and Oliver Queen (Justin Hartley) went into a downward spiral, retiring his Green Arrow persona. And Clark turned his back on his own humanity, leaving behind life as "Clark Kent" to exist solely as "the Blur." Meanwhile, Tess Mercer's (Cassidy Freeman) obsession with Clark's Kryptonian origins came to a head when she confronted intrepid reporter Lois Lane (Erica Durance) about a mysterious alien orb that Tess thought Lois had stolen from her, resulting in the two women battling it out in the Daily Planet. During the fight, Lois touched Clark's time-traveling Legion Ring and vanished in a flash of light, lost somewhere in time. And Tess returned home to discover the orb had released a young version of the villainous Kryptonian, Zod, as well as the entire population of the lost alien city of Kandor. But Clark finished the season unaware of this new threat. Instead, he remains haunted by Lois' sudden disappearance, fearing the woman he cares about most could have been killed during his fight with Doomsday.

The season nine premiere takes place three weeks after Clark and Doomsday's epic battle. Obsessed with becoming the hero the world needs, Clark is now literally leaving his mark on Metropolis – having fully embraced his Kryptonian side in order to finish training with his father Jor-El, Clark has started wearing the iconic "S"-shield on his chest, and spreads the symbol around the city in an effort to give its people hope.

Whereas Clark is working alone, Chloe feels driven to reunite the disbanded Justice League. Her biggest challenge is Oliver Queen, who'd rather lose himself in underground fight clubs and drunken one-night stands. Oliver's friends will hatch a plan to bring him back from the edge. Reconnecting with the hero inside of him, Oliver will return with a renewed purpose, even searching out an apprentice in Mia Dearden, DC comics' teenaged sidekick "Speedy."

Clark and Oliver will find themselves caught up in a love triangle with Lois, as both men's passions begin to burn brightly for her. Returning from her trip through time, Lois starts experiencing nightmarish visions of the future. Could they come true? If so, one not-so-troubling image is playing itself over and over in her head – Lois and Clark locked in a romantic, erotic embrace. Meanwhile, Clark continues to be conflicted over his own feelings for Lois. As the sparks fly, Lois and Clark's relationship will deepen, leading to their first true kiss, and possibly something more.

Meanwhile, Clark and Chloe's relationship is starting to become strained. No longer content just being Clark's sidekick, Chloe uses Watchtower's powerful computers to spin her own web of influence and intrigue, manipulating people like chess pieces in the name of the greater good. But when Chloe begins to believe the ends justify the means, it sends her on a collision course with her friend and ally Clark.

When it comes to master manipulators, Tess Mercer has emerged as the rightful heir to Lex Luthor's legacy. Always inscrutable, Tess has her hands full this season with an army of Kryptonians, newly arrived from the lost city of Kandor and led by the infamous Zod. However, this incarnation of Zod is younger than the one we remember – he has yet to grow into the power-mad psychopathic dictator, General Zod. Season nine's Zod may only be a Major, but he's already a cunning strategist and charismatic leader who knows how to inspire his troops. But behind his magnetism and those piercing eyes, Zod is still very dangerous. When Zod and Clark eventually meet, Clark recognizes that if he can befriend his fellow Kryptonian, he might be able to influence Zod away from becoming an evil, twisted tyrant. While it's true this Major Zod has certain vulnerabilities, it may only take a handful of betrayals to turn him into Clark's deadly arch-nemesis.

"Smallville" was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar ("Shanghai Noon," "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor"), based on the DC Comics characters. Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson serve as executive producers, along with James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins and Joe Davola. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions and Warner Bros. Television. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster.

UPDATED 9/11/09: From Entertainment Weekly

Clark's (Tom Welling) relationship with Lois (Erica Durance) provides the heart of season 9. "Lois holds the key to Clark's journey-and you begin to learn what it is in the last second of the premiere," says exec producer Kelly Souders. The big bad will be Major Zod (The Tudors' Callum Blue), and Brian Austin Green as Metallo, a kryptonite-powered cyborg. But will the new Friday time slot prove to be Smallville's real kryptonite? "Everyone is dedicated to having a season 10," says Souders. "We're not going down without a huge fight." (Sept. 25)

UPDATED 9/09/09:From Tom Welling's Interview with TV Guide

Talk about that. I gather Clark will be in a pretty dark place. What is his journey for Season 9?

Well, in the past Clark has always been the reluctant hero. Everyone is telling him what he has to do and he doesn’t want to do it. With the events of Jimmy’s death [in May’s season finale], along with the eight seasons building up, he realizes that his view on humanity has been wrong. And he goes to Jor-El and says, ‘I messed up, what do I do now?’ Jor-El takes him in, and Clark starts his training. His training ultimately is what will prepare him to be who we all know he’s going to be in the future. So it’s him spending time at the Fortress of Solitude downloading all this information. At the same time, information is given to him that the fate of the world depends on Lois Lane’s survival. So Clark has to struggle between his destiny and his humanity. Especially in the first few episodes it gets in the way of the training, because he just can’t help but deal with humans and help people, when all Jor-El wants him to do is shut everyone off, forget about them, rise above them and be the hero he needs to be.

I understand there’s going to be a love triangle between Clark, Lois an the Red Blue Blur.

There was a [production] meeting last year that I walked in on and the conversation was about how much Clark was in love with Lois. I sat there and I said, ‘Wait a minute, Clark’s in love with Lois? When did this happen?’ I said Clark doesn’t know he has feelings for her. If he does and people see it, that’s one thing, but he doesn’t know.’ … So last year Clark wasn’t necessarily aware of these feelings. There was something, there was a reason why he found himself next to Lois. And this year, that’s what’s beginning to change, he’s starting to realize he has feelings for her. But at the same time, to protect her life he feels as though he has hide the fact that he’s the Blur, and that it’s safer for her not to know that he’s the Blur.

Sounds like he’s going to be torturing himself.

Again, another year of torture for Clark.

Will that symbol become known as the symbol of the Red Blue Blur?

Yeah. This year he’ll be known as the Blur. And there’s a circumstance in the second episode where he’s almost caught by Lois. And through some very interesting lighting we see the symbol, but we don’t see Clark’s face. And it’s a perfect moment for him to step forward and say, “Lois, it’s me,” but he doesn’t. Poor Lois. Because that’s all she really wants to know.

UPDATED 8/19/09: From TheCWSource:

YouTube - Erica Durance - Smallville 9 - Comic Con 09
YouTube - Brian Peterson - Smallville 9 - Comic Con 09

Spoiler Quotes about Clois
(Compiled by Nora)

UPDATED 8/15/09:

YouTube - Erica Durance Interview (Comic Con 2009)

UPDATED 8/8/09: From Ausiello Files:

"In fact," Peterson continues, "Clark and Lois will be back in each other’s orbits and there will be a lot of the fun that we had last year—even more than we had last year."

Source

UPDATED 8/3/09: Erica Durance (Lois Lane) Comic-Con Interview SMALLVILLE

UPDATED 8/01/09: From MovieWeb.com

Brian Peterson: Clark realizes this season how much he's in love with Lois. I think he's been in denial about that. So in this season Clark is falling completely for Lois Lane.

SDCC 2009: EXCL VIDEO: Smallville Season 9 Secrets Revealed!

UPDATED 7/28/09: From ACESHOWBIZ

Hartley shared that there will be a lot more of Green Arrow on season 9, as in the case of Toyman, Roulette and two other new D.C. characters. Particularly for Arrow, the producers are brewing a story of him as a sidekick although Oliver develops a rift with Clark due to their love for the same woman, Lois.

Comic Con 2009: Clark Has New Suit on 'Smallville'

UPDATED 7/28/09: From Brian & Kelly's Interview at Comic Con

Kelly Souders: When you're in LOVE with someone at the Daily Planet, it's hard to stay away from Clark Kent [she means his human side].

Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson Interview (Daemonstv.com) - Comic Con 2009 on Vimeo

UPDATED 7/28/09: From Erica's Interview at Comic Con

Q: What's the story with Lois this season?

Erica: Lois, Clark, the RBB, the romantic love triangle, her trying to figure out why it is that she keeps going back to old Clarkie and.... what it is about him that she.... loves but hates, is afraid of and all of that angst.

Erica Durance Interview (Daemonstv.com) - Comic Con 2009 on Vimeo

UPDATED 7/27/09: From Craig's interview with Brian & Kelly @ K-site

What can the fans look forward to the most in Season 9?

BP: The Lois/Clark/Blur love triangle, and the training that Clark is going to start toward being Superman. No spandex but we're definitely one step closer.

Can you talk about Erica Durance having more episodes this season?

BP: We had all intentions last year, and it just didn't end up happening, and we're excited this year, because she plays a little more pivotal role in the show.

KS: One thing that's different about her character this season is that Lois actually is part of the mythology. She plays an interesting role, which sends Clark and Lois on this trajectory where they just have to crash into each other in order for him to be who he needs to be by the end of the season. We're excited about that.

What does he need to do by the end of the season?

BP: You will have tiny flashes in the premiere. Lois will start having visions as to what the future holds after she comes back with the Legion ring, and [she sees] what the world will be if Clark doesn't fix things.

Is Clark going to deal with more of his responsibilities?

KS: I think it's part of his training. We're going to bring Jor-El and the Fortress back. Last year was all about becoming human and having these two identities, but "how do I create a human disguise?" This season, it's much more about embracing the fact that he is an alien, that he was sent here for a reason, and he is supposed to save the world. He has that much greater destiny, and for the first time he's really whole-heartedly embraced that side of him.

BP: We've pitched that this year is Clark's darkest hour as he's struggling with that, but the show is not really going to be dark. We have a lot of fun with Lois and Clark in the Daily Planet. We have a couple of really fun episodes coming up. We're not plunging through darkness; just that he has a deep, dark decision that he has to make with balancing his Kryptonian side.

UPDATED 7/27/09:From Craig's interview with Erica at K-site

What is Lois's interaction with Oliver going to be like this season?

The part of the relationship with Oliver that I love is that it's the first mature relationship she's actually had, and she really did love him, and what you're going to see more of this season is that she's going back as a friend that loves him. I know that she's moved on, with her love for Superman, and I think what's interesting about this year for Lois is this magnet that keeps pulling her back to Clark Kent. She can't quite put her finger on what it is; maybe on some level, does she think they might be the same person? There is that constant chemistry and that constant attention. As for what she is with the relationship with Oliver, she sees that Oliver is kind of spiraling down, and she's saying hey, I love you as a friend, but he, I think, has come around to seeing how awesome she is, so there's a whole different kind of triangle going. What I love about it is it's not two girls fighting for one guy; it's two guys fighting for one girl. I think it's time for that.

Is Clark going to get in the way of Lois's love for Superman, and vice versa?

I think they're going to play with all sorts of different scenarios to keep it interesting and fun. The coolest thing is, of course Lois is on a conscious level totally unaware of that. She'll go on and kind of diss Clark to his face and talk about how great the Blur is, and then he gets to have that frustration, of "this is me, I can't tell her, but she thinks I'm an idiot, though I'm also that other side." And then I think there's still, like I said, that undercurrent of this magnet that keeps coming back to him.

UPDATED 7/27/09: From Craig's interview with Cassidy @ K-site

After what happened in the season finale, is Tess going to re-hire Lois at the Daily Planet?

Who knows? It was kind of a rough one, wasn't it? There's actually a scene around whether or not she's going to be re-hired at the Daily Planet, and I may or may not be wielding a bo staff in said scene. I don't think that it would be the Planet with her. I'm not saying that I would voice re-hiring her, because I'm still kind of upset by that Tomahawk kick off the desk. She hit me across the face with a wooden box holding a Legion ring! But of course she's going to be at the Planet.

UPDATED 7/27/09: From K-site

Holy Flash Forward! Lois is having visions of the future, and "what day in the future" will be revealed during November sweeps.

UPDATED 7/26/09: From Watch with Kristin

Here's a rundown of the sneak peek they showed at Comic-Con:

•Lois is seen fighting in the future.

•There is a hot and steamy love scene between Lois and Clark. Heavy petting and makeout sesh included.

What we learned from the panel:

•Erica Durance is in 18 episodes this season.
•"I think you guys are going to be pretty excited this year," Erica said regarding the Clark and Lois progression. "Lois is dealing with being smitten with Superman and still finds Clark irritating." This season is going to be "spicy," she added. Lois and Clark will definitely grow closer this year, but there's a love triangle between Clark, Lois and the Blur. "Just as Clark falls for Lois, she's falling for someone else," said Peterson.

What we learned in the pressroom:

•Clark and Oliver's relationship will be tested this year. There's jealousy because Clark has powers Oliver doesn't have—and for the sheer fact that Lois and Clark are on their way to a relationship, while Ollie attempts to rekindle things with Lois.
•When asked if the love scene between Lois and Clark is a dream, Peterson said, "It is one reality we explore in the show."
•"Lois comes back from the future, and she starts getting flashes, and she thinks she has amnesia. She thinks something is wrong with her," said Durance. "I know that they're going to develop all sorts of scenarios for her to try to piece all those things together, like a big puzzle to figure out what's going on, and then maybe, be the linchpin, key answer to some of Clark's questions, which is a different place for her to be."

UPDATED 7/25/09: From K-site

New spoilers from Ausiello, given to him from executive producer Brian Peterson:
- Season 9's theme is "Clark's darkest hour."
- There will be a season-long love triangle with Clark, Lois, and the Red-Blue Blur.

updated 07/15/09: From Ausiello @ EW

Question: They're have been conflicting reports about where Smallville is heading in the romance department this year. Is it the season of Clois, or are they really revisiting Lois and Ollie again? --Jeff

Ausiello: It's full-tilt-Clois. I'm sure they will touch on Lois-Ollie, but it won't be anything significant.

updated 07/09/09: From Ausiello @ EW

Question: I'm looking for a major Smallville scoop. --Corina
Ausiello: You found it: The iconic "S" symbol will be all over the show in season 9. Including on Clark's chest.

updated 07/07/09: From tvguidemagazine.com

But seems Supes may have another force to reckon with within his very own junior Justice League. Justin Hartley, who plays Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, recently met with his producers who told him, “Oliver will be more and more fed up with the whole [superhero] thing and on a downward spiral. I also hear he may be revisiting the Lois [romance].” Hmm...seems a poison arrow could be headed right through Clark’s heart.

Source

updated 07/06/09: From Watch with Kristin

Lorraine in the United Kingdom: Any chance of some Chloe-Oliver action on Smallville next season? I just love those two characters!

Sorry, no Chloe-Oliver gettin' together on Smallville this season, but they will continue to be awesome separately. We're hearing the big romance arc this season is Lois and Clark.

Source

Updated 05/21/09: From Comingsoon.net

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 P.M. “SMALLVILLE”
Returning for its ninth season, last season SMALLVILLE was filled with twists and surprises, starting with the disappearance of Lex Luthor. However, someone quickly arrived to take his place – the enticing Tess Mercer. As Tess maneuvered her way through town, she flirted with her old flame Oliver Queen, discovered Clark’s true identity and unleashed a new world of danger. As if that hurdle wasn’t enough for Clark, he also met his greatest match – Doomsday. SMALLVILLE explored the origins of Doomsday, revealing a sympathetic guy named Davis Bloome, who battled an inner demon – the Doomsday character fans have loved to hate for years. When Clark wasn’t busy battling the beast, he was knee-deep in work at the Daily Planet. Last season threw Clark and Lois Lane together – literally across the desk from each other. As Clark’s persona as the cub Planet reporter emerged, so did his feelings for Lois, the fated love of his life. The series stars Tom Welling as Clark Kent, Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan, Erica Durance as Lois Lane, Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen and Cassidy Freeman as Tess Mercer. Reinterpreting the Superman mythology from its roots, SMALLVILLE was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (“Shanghai Noon,” “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor”), based on the DC Comics characters. Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson serve as executive producers, along with James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins and Joe Davola. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions and Warner Bros. Television. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

Updated 05/20/09: From Matt M @ TVGuide

What the hell was that? What happened to the Clois goodies we were promised in the Smallville season finale? Epic fail, man. — Jill
MATT: A lesser man would not run a question singling out a bad piece of intel, but I happen to be a super... guy. So yeah, I guess one source's idea of "Ooh, isn't it angsty and romantic?" is another person's "Time-jumping Lois sucks." (Still, Ms. Lane's offer to help the Blur decompress after his hard day must be filed under "Offers Impossible to Refuse.") To make amends, there is this: Lest you fear the worst — that Lois will conveniently stay "missing" for, like, the first third of Season 9 — I can tell you that is not the case. In fact, she... actually, no, I don't want to step out onto that limb just yet. But in a nutshell, Season 9 should be more than fine for Lois fans.

(Sources: Krypton Site)

Last edited by Chase.This.Light; 07-21-2010 at 12:35 PM
Old 07-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Stills

9.22 Salvation

Screen Captures

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Behind the Sceens

Season 9 Animations

Credit Leanne.(onebreath)

Credit *Nora*

Possible thread titles
B/c we need some spoilerish tidbit to help us through the summer hiatus.
B/c the summer hiatus is gonna kill us.
B/c with a season this good, we can't wait to see what S10 will bring.

Last edited by Chase.This.Light; 07-16-2010 at 02:41 PM
Old 07-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

TFTNT Karen.

Those Salvation kiss stills still make me giddy

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 07-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too. Is it wrong that I was Clois kissage in every episode? It doesn't have to be full on macking in all of them. I'm okay if in 2 episodes we just get a chaste kiss
Old 07-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Oh that can't be more right And I like that you gave them 2 episodes for chaste kisses, that's more than enough

| ray
Old 07-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Karen!
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 07-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You are welcome Rach.

From the last thread:

From Anne Cofell Saunders:

blackdashund @acofell now that Lois knows Clark's secret do u find it more difficult or freeing to write for them as a couple?
acofell @blackdashund I personally love it.

This comment has since been deleted by ACS.

Last edited by Chase.This.Light; 07-04-2010 at 03:41 PM
Old 07-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh okay thanks for letting me know that Karen. That definitely sounds like we don't have to worry about a mindwipe then.
Rachel
Old 07-05-2010, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Unless they were to decide that now that's public they need to change it. But I doubt that'd happen.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Bite your tongue!
Rachel
Old 07-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

*ouch*
Old 07-05-2010, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good. You should know better than to put things like that out into the universe.
Rachel
Old 07-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah, that can never be good

| ray
Old 07-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, now I wanna know who it writing 10.01
Old 07-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe Kelly and Brian since they usually write the season premieres?
Rachel