Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Erica Durance Spoilers & Speculations Thread #10: Because Kryptonians and Erica and dream sex oh my!

{ Welcome to the 10th Lois Lane Spoiler & Speculation Thread }

By makry

General Promotional Videos

YouTube - Smallville - Season 9 Trailer (Better Quality)

Episode #9-04 Echo

Writer: Brian Q. Miller Director: Wayne Rose
Airdate: October 16th

YouTube - Smallville 9x04 Echo Trailer

UPDATED 10/7/09: Scanned by Pixiedust at DI: http://i34.tinypic.com/11vtit4.jpg

UPDATED 10/7/09: From Damian Holbrook at Twitter:

Erica Durance on Smallville's "Echo" episode:

"There are great moments of comedy...you get to see how crazy Lois' thought process is."
"Lois and Clark are working together...@ the end of the night, he gets the courage to ask her out on a date."
"Expect to see Lois in the classic monster-truck uniform for her date with Clark."
"There'll be a point this season where Lois thinks she has discovered it all...it’s a great ah-ha moment."

UPDATED 9/24/09: From K-site

THE TOYMAN RETURNS AND TAKES OLIVER HOSTAGE — Tess (Cassidy Freeman) forces Oliver (Justin Hartley) to come to a Queen Industries gala to put the Board at ease, but things go awry when the Toyman (guest star Chris Gautheir) shows up with a bomb and a plan to take revenge on Oliver. The Toyman tells Oliver he must confess to murdering Lex or he will blow the place up. Meanwhile, as part of his training, Jor-El gives Clark (Tom Welling) the ability to hear other people’s thoughts. Allison Mack and Erica Durance also star. Posted on KryptonSite. Wayne Rose directed the episode written by Bryan Q. Miller (#3X5254).

UPDATED 9/10/09: From Patty Laurie @ IMDB, thanks to Nora for sharing

Quote:
in 9x04, "Echo", Lois WILL show up in a monster truck. They kept it in.

Updated 07/27/09: From K-site

-Clark wears a tuxedo and a bow tie to gain entrance into the Ace of Clubs and goes by the nickname "Kennair." His "date" to the AoC? Lois in an elegant cocktail dress.
- Lois and Clark go to Metropolis General to interview a man who was held hostage, but it seems it may be a false lead. This still causes Clark's "reporter instincts" to get "kicked into high gear."
- Lois and Clark also interview a female hostage.

Smallville - Spoilers: Episode 9.04 - Echo - Casting Sides

updated 06/30/09: From Kryptonsite

K-SITE: Is there anything you are allowed to share about your first story for Smallville Season 9?

BQM: We just finished long-boarding [Episode 4], and I’m working on the outline right now. We’ll pitch it to the studio/network this week. The most I can probably share is the very cryptic: “And she doesn’t notice the tag is still on the dress.” That could always change before production. I wouldn’t want fans of dresses with tags to get too upset if that beat never hits the screen!

Episode #9-05 Roulette

Writers: Genevieve Sparling Director: Kevin Fair
Airdate: October 23rd

UPDATED 10/02/09: From K-site

DC COMICS’ CHARACTER ROULETTE SHOWS OLIVER HER CARDS — Oliver (Justin Hartley) is drugged and kidnapped by a woman named Victoria AKA Roulette (guest star Steph Song), who tells Oliver that he’s involved in a dangerous game and must fight for his life. After Victoria shows up dead and Oliver is arrested by the police, he turns to Chloe (Allison Mack) for help. Meanwhile, Lois (Erica Durance) berates Clark (Tom Welling) for not telling her about Oliver’s suicide attempt. Cassidy Freeman and Callum Blue also star. Kevin Fair directed the episode written by Genevieve Sparling (#3X5256).

UPDATED 9/09/09: From Patty Laurie on IMDB, thanks to widgetgirl @ DI for sharing

Lois is still living...

Quote:
"...it is still inexplicably the Talon, where one assumes she lives on the couch, without the discretionary facilities of a proper working laundry I might add, as you'll see in Roulette wherby she drops by the Kent farm to do her laundry, which is incidentally is a weak writing device to get them together for a scene at the farm."
&

thanks to Nora for sharing

Quote:
Patty just told me that the farm scene is the scene where Lois learns about Ollie's secret.
UPDATED 8/22/09: From KSite:

Lois learns of a secret Clark has been keeping about Oliver.

UPDATED 8/13/09: Title Posted. Please do not re-post this on other sites without mentioning the title's source (KryptonSite) with a link to the site. Thanks!
Source

Episode #9-06 Crossfire

Writers: ? Director: Michael Rohl
Airdate: October 30th

UPDATED 9/09/09: From PattyLaurie @ IMDB, thanks to Nora for sharing

Quote:
"The kiss is the first time where it is mutually reciprocated and takes place in real time without any altering time or drug device. This moment, at the end of ep 'Crossfire', sets up Lois's departure in the next ep 'Kandor' and then her return in 'Idol'. However an ominous discovery about Lois's futuristic time flashes leads to a changing revelation!"
&

Quote:
Lois and Clark's very first kiss happens in THE DAILY PLANET BULLPEN!
&

Quote:
Clark is the one who initiates the kiss.
UPDATED 8/25/09:Clark joins Lois on an audition for a for a television show called "Good Morning, Metropolis" on WGBS. Clark is very reluctant to do this, but insists he is only doing it for her.
- At one point Lois brings up the fact that Clark stood her up on their one and only date. (In "Infamous")
- Lois ends up getting the role as host of the show, but under one condition - she is also joined by Clark. The producer says they have chemistry, like "Hepburn and Tracy, Bogie and Bacall, and Regis and Kelly."
- A marketing ad featuring Clark and Lois is quickly presented to an already-uneasy Clark.
- The show sends Clark out on a date that is being watched by a producer and Lois in a control room. Lois is speaking to Clark throughout the date on an earphone. She teases Clark about the fact that in his profile, he admits that he "grew up on a farm" will get him nothing but a date with a country mouse or a cougar looking for her next meal.
- Clark's date is with "Catherine," a 24 year old blonde beauty whose appearance leaves Lois a bit on the shocked side. Lois decides she wants to make Clark just as jealous as she is, and is determined to top this date
- Later Lois has a date where Clark is speaking to HER over an earwig. At one point Clark says "The last thing you need is a drink, Lois." (AGAIN with the drunk Lois stuff... sigh.)
- After it's all done, Clark tells Lois that her date was a lucky man. Lois smiles, glad that she seems to have made him jealous.
- Lois and Oliver meet briefly at the Ace of Clubs.

UPDATED 8/13/09: Title Posted. Please do not re-post this on other sites without mentioning the title's source (KryptonSite) with a link to the site. Thanks!
Source

Episode #9-07 Kandor

Writers: Al Septien & Turi Meyer Director: Jeannot Szwarc
Airdate: November 6th

Source

*Erica does not appear in this episode

Episode #9-08 Idol

Writers: ? Director: Glen Winter
Airdate: November 13th

UPDATED 9/10/09: From Patty Laurie @ IMDB, thanks to Nora for sharing

Quote:
during her therapy session in 9x08, "Idol", Lois will have a major revelation
UPDATED 8/25/09: Credit to DTS/DTTW, Jaypat report:

Fortunately my last day was successful again! It was another outside shoot, where Clark had to rescue Lois from falling off a building (9.05 'Idol'). The scene itself could not be seen - but heard. Tom kept shouting, "Lois, hold on!", and Erica was responding, "I can't"; she also shouted something like "Don't risk two lives...", probably telling Clark not to risk his own by trying to save her. And I could see Tom on the roof of the building. It is that new "highrise" that Tom had inspected in one of my earlier posts.

UPDATED 8/17/09: Lois meets her psychatrist, "Dr. Evans," and tells her there are things she wants to talk about off the record.
- Dr. Evans asks Lois to describe these dreams, and Lois tells her that they start off with "serious NC-17 violence" and then there's a recurring event - involving clothes coming off. "Lots of... naked... skin. Skin on skin."
- Dr. Evans asks if these dreams are about Clark and Lois gets defensive and says that yes, she's doing the "virtual kama sutra" with Clark Kent, and refers to her desk as "soft-core central."
- Dr. Evans suggests that Lois's dream may have something to do with wanting to uncover something that's hidden within Clark. Lois admits she does feel like he is hiding something, and that the closer she gets to him, the more she feels like Clark is going to disappear.
- "The Red-Blue Blur" calls while Lois is talking with Dr. Evans. The ring tone is "Holding Out For A Hero" (though of course this could change). Lois sends him to voice mail. Apparently the last time Lois opened up to the RBB, he vanished into thin air. The doctor suggests she still has feelings for this "mysterious caller," but Lois insists that he's history like "eight-track tapes" and "rotary phones."
- Chloe by this point knows that Clark has been calling Lois as "The Blur." She is there with him on the other side of the line. There is a reference made to "what happened with Corbin" from "Metallo."
-Something happens at one point that makes Lois think Clark is the Blur. The Blur does eventually reach her by the phone, however.
- Also in this episode it is Clark, not the Blur, who saves Lois from danger out on a ledge.
- Dr. Evans tells Lois that there will be a time when she will have to choose between the Blur and Clark.
- The Metropolis D.A., Ray Sacks, holds a televised press conference urging the Blur to "step out of the shadows." He invites Clark to show himself and take responsibility for his actions" at a public press conference and derides his work as "vigilante behavior."
- Later at the press conference, the Blur doesn't show... but Lois does... announcing that she knows the Blur. She then has a monologue about how and why the Blur can't come out and make his presence known, and that he needs to be what we all need - a symbol to believe in, and a light in the darkness.
-There's a scene (possibly around the same moment?) where Lois wants to confess her feelings for him, and Clark looks deeply into her eyes, though it's unknown if they actually say anything.

Episode #9-09 Pandora

Writers: ? Director: Morgan Beggs
Airdate: ?

UPDATED 8/26/09: Executive Producer Kelly Souders has told E! Online that "Episode nine will reveal what's been haunting Lois since the premiere episode and will give Clark insight to what he'll need to do this season to defeat Zod."
- The E! article has been updated to confirm that "Pandora" is indeed the title of the episode.

Source

Episode #9-10 Disciple

Writer: ?Director: Mairzee Almas
Airdate:

UPDATED 9/15/09: Title Posted. Please do not re-post this on other sites without mentioning the title's source (KryptonSite) with a link to the site.

Episode #9-? Society

Writers: Geoff Johns Director: Glen Winter
Airdate: ?

General Spoilers

UPDATED 10/07/09: YouTube - Erica Durance Talks Smallville Season 9 at Comic Con 2009

UPDATED 09/30/09:
Clark and Chloe deserve to be friends at least. The season premiere tore their friendship apart and I don't want to watch Smallville anymore. — Josh
ADAM: Wrongs can always be undone, Josh. Sure, Chloe and Clark have a long way to go in repairing their friendship, but by the end of the next episode, I think you will be hopeful about them patching things up. The bad news for Chlark fans is this: Chloe's friendly gesture pushes Clark closer to Lois.

Mega Buzz: Scoop on Brothers & Sisters, Housewives, CSI: NY, Fringe and More - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

UPDATED 09/30/09: From a new radio interview with Cassidy:

Cassidy: The beginning of the season is very Clark and Lois heavy, which is really really fun.
Q: Oh that's great.
Cassidy: Yeah I think people have been missing the whole Lois and Clark thing, and it's awesome. I'm really enjoying this season.
Q: You know, in the beginning, in the comics Lana Lang was Clark's childhood sweetheart and he didn't even meet Lois until he got to Metropolis. And so when they said they would bring Lois in I was like, "Hmmm, I don't know", but my god Erica Durance is kicking butt in that role. I mean she's made that role her own and it's tough to---
Cassidy: She's so perfect.
Q: It's tough to top Margot Kidder, but my god Erica Durance is doing such a great job with that role.
Cassidy: Yeah, she does. And she just, she totally gets it. She really, really gets it.
[...]
Cassidy: It's very Lois and Clark heavy in the beginning. You know, even if you don't like romance, you will be romanced by Lois and Clark. They're so cute together.

Source

UPDATED 09/25/09:
Cassidy: Oliver is actually gonna rekindle some feelings for Lois. I mean how can you not? She's just so perfect. Do you know what I mean? She's like the most perfect woman. [...] And the Lois and Clark relationship only gets hotter. I like reading the scripts, they're like romance novels.

UPDATED 09/25/09: From Zap2it.com

Is Clark really giving up on his humanity in the new season of "Smallville"? I just can't see that happening. -Carol
Clark will attempt to give up his human life and attachments in order to embrace his destiny. He will cut everyone off -- including Chloe -- to do some serious training with Jor-El. Our boy is in a very dark place, largely due to the death of Jimmy... though the return of Lois could be the eventual antidote.

So Lois is in the future? Does that mean she'll be out of the picture for a while? -Dana
Nope, the premiere picks back up with Lois returning to present day. Unfortunately for Ms. Lane, she has no clue where she's been, what she was doing there or how much time has passed since she disappeared. But she'll be even more confused when she starts having fragmented visions of what happened in the future... not only does a beloved character appear to be dead, but Lois also sees herself doing a little bump and grind with a certain someone.

LOIS & CLARK! LOIS & CLARK! Will the Lois and Clark relationship finally be explored this season? -Kat
Wait til you see episode two.

I have to admit that I'm really curious to see Brian Austin Green on "Smallville" being all bad. Any scoop on him? -Mary
Yeah, you know, David Silver pulls off "bad" pretty good. But you'll first glimpse his character John before he turns to the dark side. There may actually be a bit of chemistry between him and Lois while he's a reporter at the Daily Planet. But it won't last. He's got some serious issues with our boy as "The Blur" and he'll stop at nothing to satiate his need for revenge.

UPDATED 09/25/09: From TV Guide Magazine | Smallville | It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's Smallville Season 9!:
"Perhaps even more daunting than saving the world will be Clark’s struggle to maintaining the relationships he has established with his friends. “A lot of this came about when Brian and I were discussing why he isn’t Superman 24 hours a day. Why is he ever Clark Kent,” says Kelly Souders, Peterson’s fellow showrunner. “And for us the short answer is Lois Lane. Why bother ever getting into [the] Clark Kent [identity]? It’s because of the people he loves.” To that end, expect a love triangle between Clark, Lois (Erica Durance) and Clark’s pre-Superman alter ego, the Blur (shortened from last season’s Red Blue Blur moniker due to a new all-black costume).

Though Lois seemed drawn to Clark’s mild mannerisms, she also developed a soft spot for the Blur, who she sensed was a lonely hero who just needed someone to confide in. Says Peterson: “It’s going to be a season-long struggle with Lois between the person who’s right in front of her, who she’s fallen for, and her Achilles heel, which has always been the mysterious hero."

UPDATED 9/15/09: Something new from "PattyLaurie" at IMDB: "The first kiss [between Lois and Clark] occurs in Crossfire, but there is a second in "Idol, that precipitates a dire 'catatonic' incident, necessitating the discovery of truth behind Lois's 'flashes', and their calamitous ramifications, revealed then in Pandora!

UPDATED 9/11/09: From cwtv.com

Soaring into its ninth season, this modern retelling of the Superman legend and its classic characters continues to blend realism, action and emotional depth to reveal a new interpretation of the enduring mythology. This season, as Metropolis' clock tower tolls our characters' darkest hour, we find Clark Kent (Tom Welling) finally making his first attempts to embrace his calling as a superhero.

After the events of last season, Clark takes on the mantle of protector of Metropolis, trading in his familiar red-and-blue for black-and-gray, sticking to the city's shadows and rooftops to become a solitary sentry simply known as "the Blur." While Clark wrestles with his identity, feeling forced to choose between his Kryptonian heritage and human past, he'll encounter even more powerful enemies and allies from across the DC Universe. This season will feature new and past nemeses, including Metallo (Brian Austin Green, "Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles"), the man with the Kryptonite heart; Roulette, a sexy mastermind; the return of Toyman; and the always-treacherous Zod (Callum Blue) as a young Major and leader of an invading alien army, who befriends fellow Kryptonian Clark just as his venomous side is beginning to emerge. This season will also feature an appearance by DC Comics' first all-star team of superheroes, the Justice Society of America, in an episode penned by renowned comic book writer Geoff Johns, who returns to the show after writing last year's fan favorite episode, "Legion."

After a year of protecting Metropolis as the "Red-Blue Blur," Clark Kent finished season eight with the weight and fate of the world on his shoulders, facing down Doomsday. Clark emerged victorious, but his decision to ignore the Justice League's warnings and save the human side of medic Davis Bloome (Sam Witwer) from the monster Doomsday came with a tragic cost – Davis turned out to be just as evil as the beast he'd been bonded to, and murdered Jimmy Olsen (Aaron Ashmore) in front of Chloe (Alison Mack), the woman they both loved. In the wake of Jimmy's death, Chloe retreated into her Watchtower, the Justice League disbanded, and Oliver Queen (Justin Hartley) went into a downward spiral, retiring his Green Arrow persona. And Clark turned his back on his own humanity, leaving behind life as "Clark Kent" to exist solely as "the Blur." Meanwhile, Tess Mercer's (Cassidy Freeman) obsession with Clark's Kryptonian origins came to a head when she confronted intrepid reporter Lois Lane (Erica Durance) about a mysterious alien orb that Tess thought Lois had stolen from her, resulting in the two women battling it out in the Daily Planet. During the fight, Lois touched Clark's time-traveling Legion Ring and vanished in a flash of light, lost somewhere in time. And Tess returned home to discover the orb had released a young version of the villainous Kryptonian, Zod, as well as the entire population of the lost alien city of Kandor. But Clark finished the season unaware of this new threat. Instead, he remains haunted by Lois' sudden disappearance, fearing the woman he cares about most could have been killed during his fight with Doomsday.

The season nine premiere takes place three weeks after Clark and Doomsday's epic battle. Obsessed with becoming the hero the world needs, Clark is now literally leaving his mark on Metropolis – having fully embraced his Kryptonian side in order to finish training with his father Jor-El, Clark has started wearing the iconic "S"-shield on his chest, and spreads the symbol around the city in an effort to give its people hope.

Whereas Clark is working alone, Chloe feels driven to reunite the disbanded Justice League. Her biggest challenge is Oliver Queen, who'd rather lose himself in underground fight clubs and drunken one-night stands. Oliver's friends will hatch a plan to bring him back from the edge. Reconnecting with the hero inside of him, Oliver will return with a renewed purpose, even searching out an apprentice in Mia Dearden, DC comics' teenaged sidekick "Speedy."

Clark and Oliver will find themselves caught up in a love triangle with Lois, as both men's passions begin to burn brightly for her. Returning from her trip through time, Lois starts experiencing nightmarish visions of the future. Could they come true? If so, one not-so-troubling image is playing itself over and over in her head – Lois and Clark locked in a romantic, erotic embrace. Meanwhile, Clark continues to be conflicted over his own feelings for Lois. As the sparks fly, Lois and Clark's relationship will deepen, leading to their first true kiss, and possibly something more.

Meanwhile, Clark and Chloe's relationship is starting to become strained. No longer content just being Clark's sidekick, Chloe uses Watchtower's powerful computers to spin her own web of influence and intrigue, manipulating people like chess pieces in the name of the greater good. But when Chloe begins to believe the ends justify the means, it sends her on a collision course with her friend and ally Clark.

When it comes to master manipulators, Tess Mercer has emerged as the rightful heir to Lex Luthor's legacy. Always inscrutable, Tess has her hands full this season with an army of Kryptonians, newly arrived from the lost city of Kandor and led by the infamous Zod. However, this incarnation of Zod is younger than the one we remember – he has yet to grow into the power-mad psychopathic dictator, General Zod. Season nine's Zod may only be a Major, but he's already a cunning strategist and charismatic leader who knows how to inspire his troops. But behind his magnetism and those piercing eyes, Zod is still very dangerous. When Zod and Clark eventually meet, Clark recognizes that if he can befriend his fellow Kryptonian, he might be able to influence Zod away from becoming an evil, twisted tyrant. While it's true this Major Zod has certain vulnerabilities, it may only take a handful of betrayals to turn him into Clark's deadly arch-nemesis.

"Smallville" was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar ("Shanghai Noon," "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor"), based on the DC Comics characters. Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson serve as executive producers, along with James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins and Joe Davola. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions and Warner Bros. Television. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster.

UPDATED 9/11/09: From Entertainment Weekly

Clark's (Tom Welling) relationship with Lois (Erica Durance) provides the heart of season 9. "Lois holds the key to Clark's journey-and you begin to learn what it is in the last second of the premiere," says exec producer Kelly Souders. The big bad will be Major Zod (The Tudors' Callum Blue), and Brian Austin Green as Metallo, a kryptonite-powered cyborg. But will the new Friday time slot prove to be Smallville's real kryptonite? "Everyone is dedicated to having a season 10," says Souders. "We're not going down without a huge fight." (Sept. 25)

UPDATED 9/09/09:From Tom Welling's Interview with TV Guide

Talk about that. I gather Clark will be in a pretty dark place. What is his journey for Season 9?

Well, in the past Clark has always been the reluctant hero. Everyone is telling him what he has to do and he doesn’t want to do it. With the events of Jimmy’s death [in May’s season finale], along with the eight seasons building up, he realizes that his view on humanity has been wrong. And he goes to Jor-El and says, ‘I messed up, what do I do now?’ Jor-El takes him in, and Clark starts his training. His training ultimately is what will prepare him to be who we all know he’s going to be in the future. So it’s him spending time at the Fortress of Solitude downloading all this information. At the same time, information is given to him that the fate of the world depends on Lois Lane’s survival. So Clark has to struggle between his destiny and his humanity. Especially in the first few episodes it gets in the way of the training, because he just can’t help but deal with humans and help people, when all Jor-El wants him to do is shut everyone off, forget about them, rise above them and be the hero he needs to be.

I understand there’s going to be a love triangle between Clark, Lois an the Red Blue Blur.

There was a [production] meeting last year that I walked in on and the conversation was about how much Clark was in love with Lois. I sat there and I said, ‘Wait a minute, Clark’s in love with Lois? When did this happen?’ I said Clark doesn’t know he has feelings for her. If he does and people see it, that’s one thing, but he doesn’t know.’ … So last year Clark wasn’t necessarily aware of these feelings. There was something, there was a reason why he found himself next to Lois. And this year, that’s what’s beginning to change, he’s starting to realize he has feelings for her. But at the same time, to protect her life he feels as though he has hide the fact that he’s the Blur, and that it’s safer for her not to know that he’s the Blur.

Sounds like he’s going to be torturing himself.

Again, another year of torture for Clark.

Will that symbol become known as the symbol of the Red Blue Blur?

Yeah. This year he’ll be known as the Blur. And there’s a circumstance in the second episode where he’s almost caught by Lois. And through some very interesting lighting we see the symbol, but we don’t see Clark’s face. And it’s a perfect moment for him to step forward and say, “Lois, it’s me,” but he doesn’t. Poor Lois. Because that’s all she really wants to know.

UPDATED 8/19/09: From TheCWSource:

YouTube - Erica Durance - Smallville 9 - Comic Con 09
YouTube - Brian Peterson - Smallville 9 - Comic Con 09

Spoiler Quotes about Clois
(Compiled by Nora)

UPDATED 8/15/09:

YouTube - Erica Durance Interview (Comic Con 2009)

UPDATED 8/8/09: From Ausiello Files:

"In fact," Peterson continues, "Clark and Lois will be back in each other’s orbits and there will be a lot of the fun that we had last year—even more than we had last year."

Source

UPDATED 8/3/09: Erica Durance (Lois Lane) Comic-Con Interview SMALLVILLE[/COLOR]

UPDATED 8/01/09: From MovieWeb.com

Brian Peterson: Clark realizes this season how much he's in love with Lois. I think he's been in denial about that. So in this season Clark is falling completely for Lois Lane.

SDCC 2009: EXCL VIDEO: Smallville Season 9 Secrets Revealed!

UPDATED 7/28/09: From ACESHOWBIZ

Hartley shared that there will be a lot more of Green Arrow on season 9, as in the case of Toyman, Roulette and two other new D.C. characters. Particularly for Arrow, the producers are brewing a story of him as a sidekick although Oliver develops a rift with Clark due to their love for the same woman, Lois.

Comic Con 2009: Clark Has New Suit on 'Smallville'

UPDATED 7/28/09: From Brian & Kelly's Interview at Comic Con

Kelly Souders: When you're in LOVE with someone at the Daily Planet, it's hard to stay away from Clark Kent [she means his human side].

Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson Interview (Daemonstv.com) - Comic Con 2009 on Vimeo

UPDATED 7/28/09: From Erica's Interview at Comic Con

Q: What's the story with Lois this season?

Erica: Lois, Clark, the RBB, the romantic love triangle, her trying to figure out why it is that she keeps going back to old Clarkie and.... what it is about him that she.... loves but hates, is afraid of and all of that angst.

Erica Durance Interview (Daemonstv.com) - Comic Con 2009 on Vimeo

UPDATED 7/27/09: From Craig's interview with Brian & Kelly @ K-site

What can the fans look forward to the most in Season 9?

BP: The Lois/Clark/Blur love triangle, and the training that Clark is going to start toward being Superman. No spandex but we're definitely one step closer.

Can you talk about Erica Durance having more episodes this season?

BP: We had all intentions last year, and it just didn't end up happening, and we're excited this year, because she plays a little more pivotal role in the show.

KS: One thing that's different about her character this season is that Lois actually is part of the mythology. She plays an interesting role, which sends Clark and Lois on this trajectory where they just have to crash into each other in order for him to be who he needs to be by the end of the season. We're excited about that.

What does he need to do by the end of the season?

BP: You will have tiny flashes in the premiere. Lois will start having visions as to what the future holds after she comes back with the Legion ring, and [she sees] what the world will be if Clark doesn't fix things.

Is Clark going to deal with more of his responsibilities?

KS: I think it's part of his training. We're going to bring Jor-El and the Fortress back. Last year was all about becoming human and having these two identities, but "how do I create a human disguise?" This season, it's much more about embracing the fact that he is an alien, that he was sent here for a reason, and he is supposed to save the world. He has that much greater destiny, and for the first time he's really whole-heartedly embraced that side of him.

BP: We've pitched that this year is Clark's darkest hour as he's struggling with that, but the show is not really going to be dark. We have a lot of fun with Lois and Clark in the Daily Planet. We have a couple of really fun episodes coming up. We're not plunging through darkness; just that he has a deep, dark decision that he has to make with balancing his Kryptonian side.

UPDATED 7/27/09:From Craig's interview with Erica at K-site

What is Lois's interaction with Oliver going to be like this season?

The part of the relationship with Oliver that I love is that it's the first mature relationship she's actually had, and she really did love him, and what you're going to see more of this season is that she's going back as a friend that loves him. I know that she's moved on, with her love for Superman, and I think what's interesting about this year for Lois is this magnet that keeps pulling her back to Clark Kent. She can't quite put her finger on what it is; maybe on some level, does she think they might be the same person? There is that constant chemistry and that constant attention. As for what she is with the relationship with Oliver, she sees that Oliver is kind of spiraling down, and she's saying hey, I love you as a friend, but he, I think, has come around to seeing how awesome she is, so there's a whole different kind of triangle going. What I love about it is it's not two girls fighting for one guy; it's two guys fighting for one girl. I think it's time for that.

Is Clark going to get in the way of Lois's love for Superman, and vice versa?

I think they're going to play with all sorts of different scenarios to keep it interesting and fun. The coolest thing is, of course Lois is on a conscious level totally unaware of that. She'll go on and kind of diss Clark to his face and talk about how great the Blur is, and then he gets to have that frustration, of "this is me, I can't tell her, but she thinks I'm an idiot, though I'm also that other side." And then I think there's still, like I said, that undercurrent of this magnet that keeps coming back to him.

UPDATED 7/27/09: From Craig's interview with Cassidy @ K-site

After what happened in the season finale, is Tess going to re-hire Lois at the Daily Planet?

Who knows? It was kind of a rough one, wasn't it? There's actually a scene around whether or not she's going to be re-hired at the Daily Planet, and I may or may not be wielding a bo staff in said scene. I don't think that it would be the Planet with her. I'm not saying that I would voice re-hiring her, because I'm still kind of upset by that Tomahawk kick off the desk. She hit me across the face with a wooden box holding a Legion ring! But of course she's going to be at the Planet.

UPDATED 7/27/09: From K-site

Holy Flash Forward! Lois is having visions of the future, and "what day in the future" will be revealed during November sweeps.

UPDATED 7/26/09: From Watch with Kristin

Here's a rundown of the sneak peek they showed at Comic-Con:

•Lois is seen fighting in the future.

•There is a hot and steamy love scene between Lois and Clark. Heavy petting and makeout sesh included.

What we learned from the panel:

•Erica Durance is in 18 episodes this season.
•"I think you guys are going to be pretty excited this year," Erica said regarding the Clark and Lois progression. "Lois is dealing with being smitten with Superman and still finds Clark irritating." This season is going to be "spicy," she added. Lois and Clark will definitely grow closer this year, but there's a love triangle between Clark, Lois and the Blur. "Just as Clark falls for Lois, she's falling for someone else," said Peterson.

What we learned in the pressroom:

•Clark and Oliver's relationship will be tested this year. There's jealousy because Clark has powers Oliver doesn't have—and for the sheer fact that Lois and Clark are on their way to a relationship, while Ollie attempts to rekindle things with Lois.
•When asked if the love scene between Lois and Clark is a dream, Peterson said, "It is one reality we explore in the show."
•"Lois comes back from the future, and she starts getting flashes, and she thinks she has amnesia. She thinks something is wrong with her," said Durance. "I know that they're going to develop all sorts of scenarios for her to try to piece all those things together, like a big puzzle to figure out what's going on, and then maybe, be the linchpin, key answer to some of Clark's questions, which is a different place for her to be."

UPDATED 7/25/09: From K-site

New spoilers from Ausiello, given to him from executive producer Brian Peterson:
- Season 9's theme is "Clark's darkest hour."
- There will be a season-long love triangle with Clark, Lois, and the Red-Blue Blur.

updated 07/15/09: From Ausiello @ EW

Question: They're have been conflicting reports about where Smallville is heading in the romance department this year. Is it the season of Clois, or are they really revisiting Lois and Ollie again? --Jeff

Ausiello: It's full-tilt-Clois. I'm sure they will touch on Lois-Ollie, but it won't be anything significant.

updated 07/09/09: From Ausiello @ EW

Question: I'm looking for a major Smallville scoop. --Corina
Ausiello: You found it: The iconic "S" symbol will be all over the show in season 9. Including on Clark's chest.

updated 07/07/09: From tvguidemagazine.com

But seems Supes may have another force to reckon with within his very own junior Justice League. Justin Hartley, who plays Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, recently met with his producers who told him, “Oliver will be more and more fed up with the whole [superhero] thing and on a downward spiral. I also hear he may be revisiting the Lois [romance].” Hmm...seems a poison arrow could be headed right through Clark’s heart.

Source

updated 07/06/09: From Watch with Kristin

Lorraine in the United Kingdom: Any chance of some Chloe-Oliver action on Smallville next season? I just love those two characters!

Sorry, no Chloe-Oliver gettin' together on Smallville this season, but they will continue to be awesome separately. We're hearing the big romance arc this season is Lois and Clark.

Source

Updated 05/21/09: From Comingsoon.net

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 P.M. “SMALLVILLE”
Returning for its ninth season, last season SMALLVILLE was filled with twists and surprises, starting with the disappearance of Lex Luthor. However, someone quickly arrived to take his place – the enticing Tess Mercer. As Tess maneuvered her way through town, she flirted with her old flame Oliver Queen, discovered Clark’s true identity and unleashed a new world of danger. As if that hurdle wasn’t enough for Clark, he also met his greatest match – Doomsday. SMALLVILLE explored the origins of Doomsday, revealing a sympathetic guy named Davis Bloome, who battled an inner demon – the Doomsday character fans have loved to hate for years. When Clark wasn’t busy battling the beast, he was knee-deep in work at the Daily Planet. Last season threw Clark and Lois Lane together – literally across the desk from each other. As Clark’s persona as the cub Planet reporter emerged, so did his feelings for Lois, the fated love of his life. The series stars Tom Welling as Clark Kent, Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan, Erica Durance as Lois Lane, Justin Hartley as Oliver Queen and Cassidy Freeman as Tess Mercer. Reinterpreting the Superman mythology from its roots, SMALLVILLE was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (“Shanghai Noon,” “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor”), based on the DC Comics characters. Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson serve as executive producers, along with James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins and Joe Davola. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions and Warner Bros. Television. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

Updated 05/20/09: From Matt M @ TVGuide

What the hell was that? What happened to the Clois goodies we were promised in the Smallville season finale? Epic fail, man. — Jill
MATT: A lesser man would not run a question singling out a bad piece of intel, but I happen to be a super... guy. So yeah, I guess one source's idea of "Ooh, isn't it angsty and romantic?" is another person's "Time-jumping Lois sucks." (Still, Ms. Lane's offer to help the Blur decompress after his hard day must be filed under "Offers Impossible to Refuse.") To make amends, there is this: Lest you fear the worst — that Lois will conveniently stay "missing" for, like, the first third of Season 9 — I can tell you that is not the case. In fact, she... actually, no, I don't want to step out onto that limb just yet. But in a nutshell, Season 9 should be more than fine for Lois fans.

(Sources: Krypton Site)
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 10-09-2009 at 08:37 PM
Old 10-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Episode Stills

9.02 Metallo

Screen Captures

9.03 Rabid

courtesy of Alma

Season 9 Animations

gif by chumpy@DI
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 10-07-2009 at 07:16 AM
Old 10-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay guys I'm leaving the Metallo pics in there until we get some new pretties.

So who else is psyched that Clark asks Lois out?! This means that in Crossfire she's not referring to the missed coffee date after all! Hallelujah!
Rachel
Old 10-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

I'm interested to see how Clark stands her up then.

It looked like they showed some Echo scenes in the promo.

"You go near Lois again and I will destroy you all".
Old 10-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingOTH (View Post)
Okay guys I'm leaving the Metallo pics in there until we get some new pretties.

So who else is psyched that Clark asks Lois out?! This means that in Crossfire she's not referring to the missed coffee date after all! Hallelujah!
Oh I didn't even think about that! Awesome!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's the first thing I thought of when I saw the promo.
Rachel
Old 10-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Master Fan

DATE!

*has stroke*
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 10-03-2009, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Possibly Superman/The Blur duties will make him need to not be there. It'd be nice if he at last turned up and then had to leave, but if it's being refered to as stood up then it makes it seem like last time.

I was just looking at the animations in posts 2...for like 20 minutes and am I right that we haven't seen any of those moments yet?

Do we think we'll eventually get to see all of that Clois sex moment.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:12 AM
Master Fan

YouTube - Smallville S9-3 Rabid Trailer

Epic!

"I was hoping maybe we could grab something to eat tonight. Not that I'm saying we should go on a date! Just something....like a date."

Oh Clark. And did you see the eyesex in the beginning? Holy hotness!
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
Old 10-03-2009, 04:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Embarassed Clark!!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Clark asks her out, hee! *dances*
Rachel
Old 10-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

"Just something like a date" . KILL ME NOW!

Hello seksi Clois .

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Heh that's no longer a spoiler though, you can post it in the main threads.
Rachel
Old 10-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry Rach, I was in my little Clois bubble .

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hee that's okay. I'm stoked for Rabid, c'mon Friday!
Rachel