Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Erica/Co-Stars Appr.#3: "She couldn't have been more welcoming or supportive of me and just sweet towards everyone"-BAG

Welcome to the 2nd Erica Durance/Co-stars Appreciation Thread

Supporters
1. now.it.all.begins
2. dancing in the rain
3. manu_r/hr
4. wbjunkie
5. loveslullaby
6. Nymph Marty
7. Chase.This.Light
8. Kp1227

Erica & the Main Cast of SV

Erica & Tom

~"I find the Lois Lane we have on Smallville to be very entertaining. She’s terribly self-reliant and self-confident (laughs)…at least she certainly thinks of herself that way” What I particularly enjoy about her character is the side of Clark that she brings out. I love the sarcastic, tongue in cheek humour that we’re able to portray in that relationship, and haven’t been able to in the past because of the heavy dramatic situations that Clark often found himself in with the other characters. In the past it was really only Pete (Sam Jones III) that he was able to let go with and have fun with. But with Pete leaving to go to another school- and Lois coming in- it’s a whole other dynamic. With Lois there’s that sense of ‘back and forth’. Is the relationship there, is it not there? Certainly, we all know where they’re going to end up later on. I think it’s a great addition to the show and enables us to explore character facets we couldn’t before." - Tom Welling (Clark Kent), Dreamwatch Magazine - April 2005

~"Erica and I get along great. We did from day one. With respect to Clark and Lois, I think Erica and I get along so well that we have to remind ourselves that Clark and Lois aren’t necessarily supposed to get along so well. I’d sum up Clark and Lois’s relationship as playful- they love and hate each other at the same time." - Tom Welling (Clark Kent), Dreamwatch Magazine - April 2005

Erica & Justin

~"So Erica [Durance] did an amazing job, I thought, of making sure that she represented her character in a way that didn’t make her look foolish or with egg on her face. That’s really hard to do. Think about her story. She’s dating this guy who’s the Green Arrow, but she doesn’t know. She did a really amazing job of not making it look foolish. And in turn, that helped me because that would just make me look foolish and the show look foolish. I owe her a lot for that." - Justin Hartley (Oliver Queen/Green Arrow), Wizard Universe Interview - 1/18/07

~"We’re friends. We’re both married….to different people. Yeah, she’s lovely. She’s great. My wife is actually here." - Justin Hartley (Oliver Queen), Superman Celebration 2009, 13-06-2009

~"Yeah. I love working with Erica (Durance). She's great. I enjoy the scenes that we do and I like her dedication to the scenes. It's also fun to work with someone who's a nice person and you get along with really well. We have at least a couple of really good scenes in there and she talks about what me leaving did to her and Oliver tries to explain to her why he left, because he obviously he can't tell her the truth. It's not really sappy, which is neat. I like that about that relationship. You can have those really intimate, private moments without it being dopey and sappy." - Justin Hartley (Oliver Queen/Green Arrow), IGN TV Interview - 2/6/08

~"We had a wonderful time shooting it," Glover recalls. "You should have seen Justin messing with Erica. He was being so ornery with her. Just keeping her off guard, and pulling the rug out from under her all the time." - John Glover (Lionel Luthor), Smallville Official Season 6 Companion Book

Erica & Allison

~"I love working with Erica [Durance]. She's so much fun. And I love how flippant, comfortable, and casual the relationship is. There is so much humor there, and they make each other laugh. It is obvious how much they adore each other. I really like that." - Allison Mack (Chloe Sullivan), Smallville Magazine #15 [pp. 43]

Q: They're promoting this season as Clark's "darkest hour." Will there be any light in this season?

A: Absolutely. You can't have Erica Durance, Justin Hartley, and Tom Welling in a show together without it being funny. It's definitely darker, but with darker storylines, comes darker humor, so it's good. - Allison Mack, Kryptonsite Interview, July 27, 2009

We have an amazing Lois Lane. We don't need me to become Lois Lane. I could never replace Erica Durance. She's too good. She's too good. -Allison Mack, Comic Con Interview 2009

Erica & Laura

~"I was nervous going in but they are all great, especially Erica (Durance) who plays Lois Lane. She took me under her wing because she was the new girl once. I'm happy that everyone is so down to earth. I was nervous just to meet the cast ... and a little star struck as well." - Laura Vandervoort (Kara Zor-El Kent), AOL TV Interview - 11/2/07

"With Erica (Durance, who plays Lois), we're very similar. She took me under her wing and made sure that I was OK because I'm the new girl and she's been through that." - Laura Vandervoort (Kara Zor-El Kent), Comics Continuum Interview - 12/10/07

~"I'd been working on other things, so I had to put Kara to the side for a bit, but going back to it was like riding a bike. I had to get back into it, but it was amazing working with Erica [Durance] and Tom." -Laura Vandervoort (Kara Zor-El Kent), SV Mag 02/09

Erica & Annette

~"Yesterday, I did a scene with Allison [Mack as Chloe] and Erica [Durance as Lois]. I don't think I've ever done a scene just with the three of us. And we had such a wonderful time. ... They're so mature in their work; they're not like young, starting-out actors." - Annette O'Toole (Martha Kent), Smallville Magazine #14 [pp. 26]

~"For me personally, I feel like Martha has become a new character. I get to wear Dolce & Gabbana suits, and I was saying to Erica [Durance] just now, it is so much fun to have scenes with other characters in the show. ... And working with Erica... I just love her." - Annette O'Toole (Martha Kent), Smallville Magazine #15 [pp. 45]

Erica & Aaron

~'Hydro' was also the first time in Smallville that Lois and Jimmy got to share scenes, and Aaron Ashmore enjoyed their interactions. "That was actually a lot of fun because Jimmy was trying to impress Lois and be smoother than he is and help her out, and she just totally shoots him down. When I look back on those scenes I think Jimmy and Lois are very much like a big sister and little brother together. She's just, 'You're an idiot,' while he's still trying to follow her and say, 'I've got this!' It was a lot of fun to work with Erica: she's a sweetheart," he adds with a smile. - Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy Olsen), Smallville Official Season 6 Companion Book

Erica & Kristin

~"To have Lois Lane is one of the best ideas from the creators of Smallville, It's a great element. The show is more and more devoted to the mythology, to Superman, it was like a new day in Smallville. I think it's great." - Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang), Tele Cable Magazine Interview

~"Erica's fantastic, she's wonderful," says her 'Smallville' co-star Kristin Kreuk. "Her and Tom [Welling] have fantastic chemistry. I just personally like her, as a person, and she's wonderful to have around and on set and it just adds fresh air." - Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang), Star-TV.com Interview

Erica & Michael

~"Isn't she beautiful? Look! Look who she goes after [points at her husband], a beautiful bald guy! Which really upsets me!" - Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor) with Erica at the Batman Begins Movie Premiere - 2005

~"Oh they're hot! They're hot! In fact I don't think I've ever seen these pictures before. ... This girl, her name's Erica, and she's married. She's awesome, awesome girl, and this girl is Kristin, and she has a boyfriend...he's cute. You see? The only reason I got into this is business is I thought I'd grow up and get to sleep with my co-stars...but noooo!" - Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor), Last Call with Carson Daly - 2007

I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 04-04-2010 at 11:57 PM
Old 01-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Erica & Cassidy

~"Lois and I have a scene where we get kind of physical and we fight it out a little bit, and let’s just say that everyone on set that day was pretty stoked. Erica was born to play Lois Lane. She has all those qualities, smart and strong and funny and totally unabashedly herself. That’s Lois Lane." - Cassidy Freeman (Tess Mercer), Smallville’s Cassidy Freeman talks Oliver Queen, Lois Lane, May 2009

Erica and I joke about the fact that women on this show can't be friends, and we don't really understand why. Because women are friends, and Erica and I are friends. She is such a dear - Cassidy Freeman, Comic Con Interview 2009.

Erica & SV Guest Stars

Erica & Brian Austin Green

~"...I worked with Erica in pretty much every scene that I had, and she is, aside from being just a really phenomenal focused actress, she's really one of the sweetest people I have ever worked with. She was on set every day on time, knew what she wanted to do and you know, she showed up there to do her job and to perform and to the absolute best with every scene that she could. She couldn't have been more welcoming or supportive of me and just sweet towards everyone in general..." - Brian Austin Green (John Corben / Metallo), Interview on SHoE.

~"... she's a fantastic woman, one of the sweetest I've worked with. I think it would be a shame for her to read any one of those remarks..." - Brian Austin Green (John Corben / Metallo), Interview on SHoE.

Erica & Margot Kidder

~Although she didn't get the chance to either meet or work with the new Lois Lane, Erica Durance, Kidder was blown away by what she saw when she watched Crusade. "She's terrific that girl, just terrific," she enthuses. "I was just knocked out. She was great, and she's a top rate actress." She's also delighted that another of her countrywomen is playing the part. "Two Canadian Lois Lanes - I love it. And of course [Superman co-creator] Joe Schuster was Canadian - for something that's 'truth, justice, and the American way', we Canadians have really got our fingers in the pie." Kidder resists the temptation to offer advice to her successor. "No - Erica's got it," she says firmly. "Her version is more like mine than Teri Hatcher was in the 1990s series". - Margot Kidder (Lois Lane in the Superman Movies '78-'87 / Dr. Bridgette Crosby), Smallville Magazine #5 [pp. 34-5]

~" I just think that Erica's work is absolutely fabulous and psychologically more nuanced than what we were doing." - Margot Kidder (Lois Lane in the Superman Movies '78-'87 / Dr. Bridgette Crosby), Detnews.com Article - 12/23/05

Erica & Peyton List

~"It was funny because while we were on set, people were saying that we were so sisterly. It's not that we look so much alike, but we looked like sisters, acted like sisters. We got along really well. It definitely helped." - Peyton List (Lucy Lane), Smallville Magazine #9 [pp. 34]

Erica & Alex Scarlis

~Guest-starring on any show can be stressful, yet Alex credits the cast for creating a relaxed atmosphere. "So far it has just been Erica [Durance] and today, Tom [Welling]," he says. "They are all extremely nice, talented people. It's always a relief because you worry you are going to be with a diva or somebody who doesn't care. Tom's been around for five seasons, but I don't get that sense, and I don't get it from Erica either. It is highly commendable, and I'm thankful for it because it makes my job a lot easier." - Alex Scarlis (Graham Garrett), Smallville Magazine #18 [pp. 65]

Erica & Glen Jacobs

~"I had some physical interaction with Erica, and she did all that herself too. I found it refreshing that they wanted to get in there and get thrown around. [Laughs] It was nice not having to stop and then wait for a stunt double. They actually wanted to do more than they were allowed to. [Laughs]" - Glen Jacobs aka Kane (Titan), Wizard Universe Interview - 2007

Erica & Tahmoh Penikett

~"Erica is fantastic !" he praises, "I was really impressed by her. I've always heard good things about her. Not only is she gorgeous, but she's very talented. I really saw experience in her technique. She was amazing. She was just a happy person and had a ton of energy, which is always really important. You have long hours so you need that energy. You need to be professional, and amiable, and Erica was warm and very welcoming. She is a good old Alberta girl." - Tahmoh Penikett (Wes Keenan), Smallville Magazine #22

Erica & Michael Ironside

~"I got to work with Erica, who play Lois, my character's daughter. She's working her way into the cast and finding her place. I think she's very talented but she doesn't really own the character yet. She's still networking it with producers, directors and writers, trying to find it, but everyone basically wants her to step forward and claim the character - own it and then shape it afterwards. She hadn't done that when I was there for her second show. But I watched her take direction, and it was amazing how talented she was. Three different takes, three different brilliantly repeatable performances on this wonderful characterization she was doing. I can't wait for her to find her own legs.
She's very attractive, very healthy, and has a wonderful youth about her. She actually looks like my older daughter! The aesthetics and the familiarity of the way she looks comes from the familial tribal genetic pool. I found myself very comfortable stepping into a paternal, "don't do that", kind of personality around her."
-- Michael Ironside (Gen. Sam Lane), Smallville Magazine #3 pg. 43. NOTE: this interview was from the beginning of Season 4 when Erica was still new to the role of Lois and to Smallville.

Erica & Alan Ritchson

~Erica was the first person I met on set, so she introduced me to everybody, and really helped me feel comfortable about me walking into a Season 5 of a successful show. 'Cause they've been doing a really good job with it, and it's sort of like I was just coming into their home territory, so she really made me feel at ease and comfortable about everything, and she's so great to work with. I really enjoyed working with her."
-- Alan Ritchson (Arthur 'A.C.' Curry), KryptonSite, Oct. 2005

Erica & Charlotte Sullivan

~"Erica Durance is a beautiful Lois, and she was one of my favorite people. She is unreal. I only got to know her for a [little while], but she was really helpful with me." -Charlotte Sullivan (Maxima), SV Mag, Feb 2009

"I have to say, throwing the car and anything [in my scenes] with Erica were my favorites." - Charlotte Sullivan (Maxima), SV Mag, Feb 2009

Erica & Co-stars from other projects

Erica & Christopher Judge

~"Erica Durance. Well I first met Erica, she was playing my love interest on an episode of Stargate SG-1 called 'Affinity'. We hit it off right away, we have just a natural friendship there. And now, her sister and my brother are married, so Erica really is family. But she's just a lovely, lovely young girl, who has no idea how beautiful she is." - Christopher Judge (Teal'c from Stargate SG-1), 2007 Women of Sci-Fi: Behind the Scenes

Erica & Gina Holden

~Holden's only real regret was she never had any dialogue with her former film co-star Erica Durance. "I was so bummed not to see her. It was too bad because we had such a great time shooting 'The Butterfly Effect 2.' It is such a small world - suddenly we are on the same show and we didn't even get to see each other. I didn't get to meet KK either, which was really disappointing." - Gina Holden (Patricia Swann), Smallville Magazine #27

Erica & Robin Dunne

~"I don't know if "damsel in distress" is completely accurate [describing Maid Marian]. Robin is definitely pining after her. She has a strength to her in this movie, and she's more of one of the gang. She's a fighter, but there's a romance. And Erica Durance [Smallville] was amazing to work with. She's so much fun, and we hit it off from the get-go." - Robin Dunne (Robin Hood from Robin Hood: Beyond Sherwood), SciFiWire Interview, May 2009

~"She's just so lovely and fun to work with. The only problem working with Erica is that we were just having so much fun that there were a lot of scenes that we just couldn't get through without giggling and laughing. That's always a great way to work. She's serious. When she comes to set she really brings the goods. But she's also a lot of fun to be around. It was a blast. It was a lot of fun." - Robin Dunne (Robin Hood from Robin Hood: Beyond Sherwood), ChicagoNow Bloags 2009

Rachel
Old 01-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Post away! I had to trim the title a bit.
Rachel
Old 01-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

TFTNT Rach!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 01-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT!

I was going through the quotes here for the GGP, and they were endless, Erica is a lovely girl, no doubt
Old 01-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Well I'm glad the OP helped. Hee I inadvertently contributed to the GGP then, awesome.
Rachel
Old 01-16-2010, 05:02 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I think we've already used half of them either as thread titles or in our sigs

| ray
Old 01-16-2010, 05:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Can you add me ? Thanks!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sure I'll add you now.
Rachel
Old 01-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

| ray
Old 01-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

^That pic is just too cute.
Rachel
Old 01-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by now.it.all.begins (View Post)
^Well I'm glad the OP helped. Hee I inadvertently contributed to the GGP then, awesome.
You can be sure of that!
Old 01-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm actually planning on writing a letter or two for the GGP today, so here's hoping I get that done.
Rachel
Old 01-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

| ray
Old 01-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

That pic will never stop being amusing