Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Conspiracy - 9.15 (02/26/2010) Discussion Thread #2 - B/c they had us at "hello".

Conspiracy 915

Official Description

The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 15th episode of Season 9 of "Smallville". Titled "Conspiracy", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Friday, February 26th on The CW.

ZOD IS SHOT — Bernard Chisholm (guest star J.R. Bourne), a doctor who died and was brought back to life by the Kandorians so they can experiment on him, escapes and kidnaps some Kandorians in order to prove aliens have invaded Earth. Bernard tries to get Lois (Erica Durance) to write a story validating his claim, but when Lois refuses, he kidnaps her too. In an effort to save his people, Zod (Callum Blue) poses as a reporter from the Daily Planet and uncovers Bernard’s secret lab. Clark (Tom Welling) arrives at the lab just in time to see Zod get shot. Posted on KryptonSite.

Written by Al Septien & Turi Meyer
Directed by Turi Meyer
Old 08-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And just reposting my review from the last thread.

*crawls into thread*
*sits on the floor*
*butts in*

I think when this episode originally aired I expected the episode to be good, but not as good as it was. Partly because Persuasion was just all sorts of fantastic. But despite only two Clois in the same room scenes or no Clois kissage, this episode still screamed CLOIS! Although I recall saying before, I could have did with some kissage before the hiatus. At the point of the episode airing we'd only had 2 kisses in 6 hours of television for 2010 (Disciple and Escape). Now we should realise it kind of set the tone for the remainder of the season as we didn't get another kiss until the finale!!

BTW, don't be surprised if this episode is reduced to my only talking about Lois and Clark, I don't expect anything too long.

And so we begin the episode with Faora looking at her military tags and the headline about RAO towers fall, won't lie that kinda makes me smile. The headline I mean. And it makes me wonder if Lois wrote the story to match the headline. The reason I laugh? Because Zod thought that Clark would probably never do something like destroy the towers and he did, whose laughing now?

Anyways, Clark sees Faora holding her military tag complete with I imagine her name showing and Clark says something about her advertising she's from another planet. I have to say though, that if I saw Faora holding the tag like that, my first thought wouldn't be that she was from another planet, I don't even think that'd be my second thought either. I'd just think it was a funky design, or something new agey or another language or something.

Faora mentions the tower being destroyed and not knowing who it was, which I think is interesting because doesn't Zod know or at least suspect that it was Clark? Wouldn't he then maybe tell people it was Clark? Or would be keep that to himself until he had proof, since well, the rest of Zod's people trust Clark?

"Trust me the future would be a lot brighter without it". Oh Clark I agree with you, don't think Faora would though. I mean, aside from you not having powers I have no idea if I'd still get a tan And I won't lie, when Faora's sister (name has escaped me) hugs Clark, I get jealous.

"Clark just sounds so alien". Said by the alien!

I do like that Faora's sister understands that they (humans) need Clark too! Faora mentions it being more difficult for them to adjust to earth without their powers How does that make it more difficult to adjust? I mean my understanding is that Zod, Faora and co didn't have powers on any other planet, so how is that hard to adjust to not having powers? Doesn't she mean that they expected to have powers and now have to adjust to never having them?

"Don't get your hopes up, he's in love with a human." Ha, I love that Faora is telling her sister to not bother wasting her time. Even Faora realises how epic CLois are. I mean, if she wanted her sister to be with Clark she would have helped her break them up or something...if SV were to go in a totally different direction like other CW shows.

And Faora's sister is kidnapped...should I be sad? This is the first time we've met her and she's got a crush on Clark.

How come when Lois' phone rings it says both "unknown caller" and "The Wall"? How's that possible? Anyways, can I just say the Lois/Clark scene in the bullpen is all sorts of awesome. I know there's no kissing or anything, but it's just, well I'm surprised my screen doesn't catch on fire. These two just ooze hotness and everything. I mean despite the lack of kissing, they still manage to get totally in each others space. Does this almost class as a PDA? Or well, Lois actually starts playing with Clark's tie. And how is it possible to make one word sound so sexy, even one as simple as "hello" or later in Upgrade "Hi". I mean Clark it's just . How Lois has not just ripped your clothes off and turned your desk into soft core central is anyone's guess. I have no clue though.

It's funny but in kind of a stark contrast to Persuasion when Clark thought they didn't see one another much, it's Lois who brings up that they barely see each other now. *HESH baby pops out of screen*

And the whole shuffling towards one another is so sexy. Oh just rip clothes already! I love that they're trying to arrange to meet up for lunch and the way they're looking at one another is just made of win. I especially go gaga for the way Clark looks at Lois. It's like he's so totally, ass backwards 100% in love with her and yeah, it's written all over his face.

And that Clark, the guy with super-hearing doesn't even hear someone in the same room say his name and yet Lois did. So if Lois hadn't looked towards Faora, Clark may never have known she was there.

Lois is very understanding that Clark has to leave and her line telling him to go win a Pulitzer. I want Lois to at least get nominated for one of these before S10 is done.

So Faora trusts Clark it seems more than Zod, or is she only interested in Clark's help because he has powers? We know from Persuasion that Zod knows that Clark gave Faora the passport, but I don't know if we know how he found out about that. I like that Faora tells Clark Zod doesn't trust him. Oh her name is Vala! Thanks Faora. And look at Clark looking a bit worried for Vala. I guess this is because there's meant to be some way that someone could find out she's not from Earth.

Oh look, Ollie with no shirt I don't know if that's b/c I saw Ollie with no shirt on yesterday while watching Committed or if it's just b/c I'm getting immune to Ollie's lack of shirt. Maybe he should mix it up a little!

Hmm, Tess is unhappy about the towers being "knocked down" for lack of a better way of putting it. Shouldn't she be happy? Clark did tell her in Persuasion that the towers being online would take away his powers and Tess has saw the future, it wasn't great.

I do like that Ollie isn't bothered about the towers, we know why. But someone somewhere ruled what happened to that building as an accident? Really? Is that code for Ollie paid them to say that?

"I did what I did b/c you were bleeding the company dry".

I known when this show isn't about Clark, Lois or well, Lois and Clark I had the attention span of a...oh something shiny! Where was I, but um, did I miss something? When was Tess bleeding the company dry? And I take it when Ollie looks over whatever Tess gave him he knew who it was.

I like the tie Clark wears in this.

Rach, I totally see what you mean when you say that Callum always looks like his eyes are watering. I don't think I have much to say about Clark/Zod here. Aside from, finally Clark isn't taking/letting someone blame him for something! *has a mini-party* That doesn't happen often.

Where did Zod get the idea that Clark was keeping Zod's powers from him? It's not like Clark has a bag of fairy dust kicking about that he can sprinkle over the Kandorians whenever he wanted. But I will give you that one Zod, the one about Clark burning down your tower. Is it wrong that that makes me haha Zod *blows raspberry* Eh, maybe I should curb that since he'll have powers soon. Zod goes to punch Clark, really Zod? Hello, he's the Blur!! Is it just me or does it look at first as though Clark struggles to keep Zod from doing that? Just the way his hand kind of wobbles a bit. The way Clark looked at him then was

Zod, I swear to you right now, quit blaming Clark for stuff. He has enough crap of his crap of his own to deal with, without you adding more stuff.

Hmm, Vala's not very convincing saying she is human, is she? And ew at seeing the blood splatting.

Does Chloe only wear green now? So Ollie turns up the music and then proceeds to tell Chloe he thinks Tess is listening in? Um, I know I am no GA and no Watchtower, but um, wouldn't it be more sensible to like, leave the building/room and have this conversation? "You're stealing from me". "It's not like that". Sure b/c as long as you can justify something in that pretty little head of your everything is okay. Ends justify the means right Chlo? She was borrowing? Um, I thought when you borrowed something you I don't know, asked first and um, the whole purpose of borrowing is that you intend to pay it back. Am I just being stupid? Or does Chloe think she's going to come into a small fortune and be able to pay him back? No? Didn't think so. The sad thing is, if she'd just asked him, he'd have given her the money...and maybe we'd have gotten another Clois scene

See, now I don't feel sympathy for Vala and co. I'm guessing that's not gonna go over too well with Clark.

When Lois went to the romantic café, I was totally expecting Clark was meant to show up there and then Lois asked for some wine for one and that made me wonder why did she go there on her own?

I love when Lois says that work is the last thing she wants to think about!!! Considering where she is, she's feeling in a romantic mood. When Chisholm says "it'll make your career", Lois seems a little interested until he mentions it's about aliens. I guess this story wouldn't have worked with Lois knowing the secret b/c here she can deny their existence...unless she thinks of Tess and her ramblings about the alien orb.

Lois' "you very convincing" translates to me as "you are creeping me out, go away". Hmm, that's a first, Lois calls 911? I'm sorry but hold the damn phone. Lois calls 911?? Seriously? That's just such a plot device, usually in these situations Lois would be calling Clark or Chloe but here she calls 911? Obviously we're not meant to question this but come on!! She's never called the cops. I guess this is all because if Lois had called Clark or Chloe they would have realised something was up, Clark would have gone looking for Lois and we'd have been spared Zod getting shot and Clark saving him and Zod getting his powers. Wow, I hadn't realised how contrived that was.

Lois's Agent Mulder line is hilarious! I have to ask though, when Lois and Vala see each other, I take it Vala doesn't know that that's the human Clark is in love with? Chisholm totally sounds like a whack job. He does, but some of his rambling is sort of similar to Corben's I guess that's the green stuff talking.

Ah, okay, so the Kandorian's weren't killing people. Still doesn't make it right as Clark said. And so Zod didn't know about the experiments and it makes sense that Faora would revere Zod, since he saved her life and all. And I gotta say hearing Faora talk about Zod, you kind of have to admire him but as Clark said "that's the side of Zod I never knew existed", me either Clark, me either. Seems Zod has a hard time showing us that side of him, so it's no wonder that Clark is reluctant to help him, especially given he knows what Zod did to Krypton, that he created Brainiac and well, given his other run in's with Zod and Faora also.

Zod the pickpocket. Um, the badge he stole has no picture on it. Am I the only one who thinks that's contrived? But then the other people in front of Zod don't have pictures on theirs either but well, I know Clark and Lois have on there's so I hate Zod in the glasses. It's just too much!

I'm not going to comment on the arsenal of weaponry that could kill Clark since I'll burst a blood vessel in the process. I'm not happy about it, I'll leave it at that. Take that back, I'm livid, and it gets worse when little miss I know what's freaking best for everyone comments on Clark's moral compass. Um hello, who stole from who? Who shaked up with a murder? Who created weapons that could kill their supposed best friend? Yeah, I didn't answer Clark to any of those questions either. *breathes out* So glad Chloe won't have any issues with trusting Clark in S10.

Zod, seemingly coming to Lois' aid made me so happy. It really did at the time. I was never so happy to see him in my life, but well, he started really getting on my nerves in Escape, so it didn't last too long. Well it lasted through the hiatus.

You totally see the moment when Zod gets shot coming and did Chisholm really think Lois would go back to writing her story with Zod lying there dying? Obviously he doesn't know her too well. So when Lois rips open Zod's shirt (oh how I wish she'd do that already to Clark! What? I don't care if Zod's "dying" and I'm focusing in on Clois or Lois ripping Clark's shirt, he's Zod! I don't care enough about him to like, quell those thoughts ), anyways, I take it Zod didn't have on his military id thingies. B/c Lois would have seen them and then she'd have started to ask questions about Zod. Right?

Lois helping Zod is but well, he should have been nicer to her and not disturbed her and Clark, seriously! BTW, I'll never let that go I love the way Lois says "It's what Clark would do", just the tone of voice Erica uses there. I like that he's insistent that she saves herself and tells her to "go" but I know it's only so she will get Vala out of there.

Is it wrong that I love Clark blackmailing the dude in the hospital? And I love that they found a way to bring Corben into this episode, I guess this was partly to set up his return in Upgrade.

"If he's talking to aliens I doubt he'll want to talk to you". :rofl: Ha that's too funny. Might be one of the funniest lines ever uttered by someone who isn't even really a part of the show.

Wow Chisholm really did expect Lois to keep working on the story when Zod was shot? I mean come on! Lois kicking some ass, but unconscious again? Really? Gee, I guess Clark must be on his way to rescue them.

Oh Zod does have his military tag thing. Guess Lois just was too busy trying to save him.

Ya know, IMO the moment when Clark rescues Lois here would have placed higher for me in our survivor if we actually got to see some of the rescue and maybe if we'd heard some sort of reference to her being saved later. I mean, when you think about it, Clark went to find Chisholm knowing that he had Vala and possibly other Kandorians. We have no idea of knowing how he knew Lois was there, I'm guessing he x-rayed the place to find out where people were and that's how he found her. I'm also thinking he may have saw Chisholm with his electric saw but despite all of that Clark rescued Lois first. Her life wasn't the one under immediate threat, that was Zod. but still Clark saves Lois first, because well, he'd die if she died! *insert Rachel's song here*

Chisholm not really a smart move what with accidentally killing yourself.

I recall the first time I saw this episode that as soon as Zod died, I knew Clark was going to try saving him with his blood. You just knew it. And that it'd work. Lionel knew there was something special about Clark's blood way back in S3 and I guess now we know just how powerful it is. BTW, Tom looked in this scene. I did well to go 33 minutes without saying that!. Um, was Clark surprised it actually worked? He kind of acts that way.

"Welcome back"

Is it wrong I kind of laugh when Tess opens the container to find...nothing? And mwa hahahaha, that Ollie moved them without telling Chloe. And wow, she really does live by double standards. It's okay for her to "borrow" money from Ollie (how come mine haven't fallen out yet btw) have weapons mass produced that can kill Clark, but Ollie moves them and doesn't tell her and Chloe's less than impressed. Shocker!! Expect not really.

"You can't have a set of rules for yourself and then a whole other set of rules for everyone else". You tell her Ollie. BTW, totally pisses me off that Chloe thinks Clark is making nice with his Kandorian family. I guess she doesn't know him as well as she thinks. Isn't the saying, keep your friends close and your enemies closer? Which I think is what Clark does with Zod and co for the most part. Um, she just questioned Clark's loyalties in Doomsday. Someone better hold me back because it could get messy. Who ran off with the beast? Who shot who in the back with a green K arrow? Who wouldn't allow Clark to send Davis to the phantom zone? All Clark ever freaking did was try to see the best in people. If you ask me, he doesn't question the actions of people who should be his friends when he clearly should. Ollie agrees with Chloe? Ya know, Ollie you and I had pretty much just become friends again. Honestly we had but now, I'm okay with hurting you. Ollie's okay with telling Clark everything...but only when the time is right. Sure because that's the wise decision to make when there's the potential for a band of aliens to get their powers.

Ya know first thing I noticed on seeing Lois in the elevator? That the coat over her arm is the same one from Charade!

Clark spots Lois and immediately gets out of his seat to walk to her (which happens to be at her desk) and is saying that the doctor told her to take it easy. Which kind of reminds me of how concerned he was about Lois in Pandora. Also, I love that Clark knows that's the first thing the doctor said when she was released, this shows that Clark was there when it happened. Unlike in Disciple when Lois had to take a cab home from the hospital. Hmm, suddenly realising all the times Lois has been to hospital this season...as a patient Savior, between Idol and Pandora, Pandora, Disciple, now and that gash in Upgrade sure could have done with some medical attention. Not that this is a higher number than usual I don't think, just suddenly realised since I was making reference to two episodes

Love the look on Clark's face when Lois tries to discretely out something (the blood sample to you and me) in her drawer. And the look on his face when Lois mentions about Heroes wanting to stay in the shadows. When Clark mentioned that Zod worked deep cover, it looked like Lois didn't believe him, right? She had that look, almost like the one she had in Persuasion when she asks Clark if he knows something she doesn't about the towers. And when she was challenging Zod in Salvation before he threw her away.

I gotta say when Lois says Clark is hiding something and he mentions it being a two way street I have to say, nice deflection Kent! And at the way he says "you want full disclosure". I think it's the eyebrows that did me in there. Was Lois meant to say something else? She says something doesn't quite add up, but doesn't say what it is.

when Clark walks to Lois desk and she kind of grabs his arm. Do you know, in that moment it would have been so easy for Clark to use his x-ray vision to see what was in her drawer. It makes me wonder if sometimes, when it comes to Lois does Clark have to reign himself in when using, or rather not using his powers.

"A little mystery is good for the romance".

Lois, keep the emphasis on little.

The text message from Zod makes me laugh, he's not the kind of person I would expect to sign off a text message with his initial. I don't know, I'd expect him to say his full name, or Major Zod or something.

"See you on the front page ace".

and look at Lois watch his walk away. Lovely view.

How the heck did waller get the blood sample? And put that chess piece in there? Is it like magic? Has Star Trek become reality and things can teleport? I wanna know! So does Lois I think.

Zod, you should have thought of this moment, and how you see why Clark cares for Lois when you decided to throw her away like a piece of trash...or maybe you were thinking of that and you just don't care. "When you enemy becomes you saviour..." so until Clark saved Zod, Clark was the enemy?

Clark said he didn't know that his blood would heal Zod. Really Clark? I think you did, otherwise why'd you even try.

And Zod's faking that he's in pain, much like Clark did in Stiletto.

Hmm, when Zod says that he realised he can trust Clark, is he just buttering Clark up? Oh, oh, oh. Something just made sense to me. Zod knows that Clark is made of steel and well, nothing can dent him, right? So he must be wondering how Clark managed to bleed. That there, is why Zod was so interested in what Tess used to weaken him in Escape and why he wanted to seduce her!

And I so saw Zod was going to fly from the beginning of the scene. I think I was yelling down AIM "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" pretty much all the way through this.

And is it just me or does Zod look like he has an evil gleam in his eye just before the episode ends?

finally done Conspiracy. Only took me almost 6 months from the episode airing!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Karen. Maybe I'll comment on this review during my lunch break tomorrow.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 08-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sorry! This thread is closed!
Wow, how rude! I was trying to post the link
Old 08-25-2010, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wait what? I figured we were done with it anyways.
Rachel
Old 08-25-2010, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We were done, I just hadn't posted the new link in there.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah okay. Oh I dunno if you noticed, but I commented on your Apocalypse review so that's another review you owe me comments on .
Rachel
Old 08-25-2010, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am in denial and am ignoring what you just said
Old 08-25-2010, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Fine. Be like S4-S7 Clark.
Rachel
Old 08-25-2010, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

*goes to brood*
Old 08-25-2010, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Rachel
Old 08-25-2010, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I draw the line at that, I'm not going to mope about Lana being infected by Brainiac. Unless moping about that looks like
Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Rachel
Old 08-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But yeah, Conspiracy. We got HESH babies galore.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

There was some serious PDA going on in that Clois scene even thought they barely touched each other.
Rachel