Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Charade - 9.19 (04/23/09) Disc Thread #3: B/c bunny!Lois, elevator makeouts, Clark freakouts, & awesome saves?! *Thud*

Charade 919

Official Description

The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 19th episode of Season 9 of "Smallville". Titled "Charade", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Friday, April 23rd on The CW.

DC COMICS’ CHARACTER MAXWELL LORD VISITS METROPOLIS — Lois (Erica Durance) investigates the early prison release of ex-District Attorney Raymond Sacks (guest star Dylan Neal) but he threatens her with a gun when confronted. The Blur (Tom Welling) saves her, but is captured on film by a delivery guy (guest star Dustin Schwartz) who plans to sell the photo to Sacks. Lois and Clark each attempt to thwart the delivery of the photo and run into Maxwell Lord (guest star Gil Bellows, “Ally McBeal”), a wealthy tycoon and Checkmate operative, who is trying to learn The Blur’s identity to eliminate him. Meanwhile, Chloe (Allison Mack) discovers Zod’s (Callum Blue) secret. Brian Peterson directed the episode written by Don Whitehead & Holly Henderson

Written by Don Whitehead & Holly Henderson
Directed by Brian Peterson

Episodic Stills

I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 06-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Post away
Rachel
Old 06-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

TFTNT! Awesome title and I just love all the stills

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 06-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome and IKR
Rachel
Old 07-01-2013, 05:52 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

The Bunny costume never gets old

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 07-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's one of the best costumes she's ever worn
Rachel
Old 07-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

So this is a bit late but I’m finally getting around to typing up my list of 10 things I love about Charade. The images are not mine and here we go:

1. Goodbye phone call: Clark realizes that it’s too dangerous to keep talking to Lois as the Blur unless she knows that he’s the Blur so instead of telling her (booo) he decides to cut off all contact with her as the Blur. He calls her at their phonebooth (their!) b/c he wants to say goodbye to her in a place that means something to both of them. He tells her that it’s going to be their last talk forever and Lois just can’t believe it. She won’t believe it b/c it’s too heartbreaking for her. Clark knows that they would do anything to protect each other and he’s very worried that Lois will be put in a position where she’ll get hurt b/c of him (b/c that just happened in this episode). Lois tells him that this is the most important part of her life and Clark is gutted b/c he thinks that means that he’s not as important to her as Clark as he is as the Blur so he stumbles over his words and says that there must be some other part of her life that means more to her and Lois has to clarify what she means and Clark tells her that if anyone calls her pretending to be him that she shouldn’t believe him and it’s just so sad and they both look devastated after they hang up the phone.

2. “Am I enough?”: After Clark ends things with Lois as the Blur, he still has a date with her as Clark on the roof of the DP (taking back the roof!). He’s set a table for two up there with a rose for Lois and he’s strung up lights and made it all magical and romantic. Lois tells him that the Blur doesn’t want her in his life anymore and how she’s been keeping things from him and doing stuff for him that she couldn’t tell him about and it pretty much sounds like she just broke up with the Blur and like she was cheating on Clark with him. It’s really sad to me that what Lois took away from her phone call with the Blur was that he doesn’t want her around . I guess she’s so used to being rejected that she doesn’t understand that someone could push her away to protect and not b/c they don’t want to be around her. Clark tells Lois that he still wants her in his life and Lois wonders how he could be okay with everything she just told him. Lois tells him that she felt like she had a calling and duty to the world and what she was doing was bigger than the two of them (essentially this is what she says) and Clark finishes her sentence and chimes in that taking anything for yourself feels selfish and that he understands and Lois wonders how he could possibly understand. It’s b/c you two are the same! You dopes! They both want to help people and make the world a better place and have the same values and the same morals. Clark asks if he’s enough and Lois can’t answer and of course she can’t say that he’s enough b/c she loves Clark as Clark Kent, the farmboy turned reporter and as the superhero known as the Blur. What I loved most about this episode is that it so clearly demonstrated why Lois needs to be let in on the secret and how their relationship is incomplete without her knowing.

3. Save/Almost reveal: Maxwell Lord, a very hypocritical meta-human (I think that’s the right phrase) kidnaps Lois and bunch of other people who were either saved or put in prison by the Blur in order to extract their memories of him so that he can identify him. I love how Clark knocks out Sacks and when he sees the pawn in his hand he crushes it and it is an awesome show of strength and anger and Clark’s “GET AWAY FROM HER!” when he sees Lois surpasses his “Get away from her!” in Metallo. Lord tells Clark that even unconscious her mind protects memories of him b/c the bond between them is stronger b/c of love and Lois cries as she fights against Lord and Clark is stricken to see her in pain. He crashes through that thing that’s trying to put together Clark’s facial features and his image superimposes on it and it is awesome and spectacular. Then after Lois is okay, he still hangs around for a bit to make sure she’s safe and Lois sees his \S/ reflected in one of the screens. She tells him that she can’t know who he is b/c he can’t protect her if she does and Clark touches her shoulder. Lois’ fingers briefly touch his then she tells him to go and cries after he’s gone. All of the angst awards for this ep, seriously. I bawled watching it again.

4. Bunny!Lois/Opening scene: Any episode that starts with Lois in costume has to be one that I’m going to love. I love how we start the ep with Lois hiding inside a cake asking herself how she gets herself into these situations and then we have the camera following this guy as he enters a club to reveal that it’s Sacks and he’s back and he’s out of jail. Lois bursts out of the cake and I love her sly smile and the way she blows Sacks a kiss. Then she sucker punches Clark and we cut to them sitting in Stern’s office looking at the paper. Lois is still in her bunny outfit. Oh and she and Clark ‘don’t spat’ apparently . They end up getting fired and we’re left to wonder how all of that happened in the first place.

5. Lois meeting Sacks at the Pizza Place/Clark finds out Lois has been talking to someone else: As we saw in Saviour, Lois does good old fashioned legwork and gets to Sacks before anyone else does. She hands him a pizza and brazenly confronts him about getting out scottfree after what he did to her and Sacks basically tells her she’s an idiot for thinking that she can confront him like that and he’s going to make sure that this time no one finds her body. Fortunately, Clark shows up at the right time and Lois can see his silhouette through some plastic wrap (I think). Lois being the awesome person she is, thanks the Blur for saving her (again) and tells her how much it’s meant to her to have him confide in her and help him and Clark realizes that ‘Oh shiz, WTF is happening? Someone else is talking to Lois!” He speeds away but before he does someone snaps a picture of him on his phone and Lois tells him to trash the pic or she’ll trash him. LOL. Lois calls “the Blur” to tell him that someone has his picture when Clark shows up out of breath and clearly very upset. Lois thinks it’s a jealousy thing at first and tells him not to worry but Clark is insistent that she tell him who she was talking to and what’s going on and Lois gradually goes from placating to angry. Clark tries to tell her the truth but she stops him when she says that she trusts the Blur b/c she’s sure he’s dying to tell her the truth but he’d never put her in danger to get some secret off his back. Durance and Welling are fabulous in this scene and they play it so well that you can see where both of them are coming from. I honestly believe that they did their best work on SV when they were working with each other.

6. Clois in the elevator/Meeting Stern: Lois and Clark have a very special evening planned b/c they haven’t been seeing a lot of each other lately and Lois plans to “drop the l-bomb on Clark” and Clark plans to get her to tell him what she’s been keeping from him or tell her the truth...still not entirely sure b/c his convo with Chloe prior to this scene is confusing as heck (Also can I say, Chloe grrr again she insults Clark behind his back in this episode ). Anyways Lois walks into the elevator and they’re so much UST between them and I love how their body language mirrors each other. Clark asks her if she’d like a sneak peak and she eagerly nods yes and he sweeps her in his arms and the next thing we see is the elevator door opening and Lois and Clark quickly fixing their clothes and Lois commenting on how sometimes it seems like Clark has more than two hands. (Seriously BP? You really couldn’t let us see any of their elevator mackage at all? Like wth?) They enter the bullpen to see one desk with both of their nameplates on it when Stern walks in and tells them that they’re making cuts at the DP and they’ve both been too concerned with reeling in the big fish that they’re forgetting about the daily catch. He tells them that Sacks is out and only one of them will still be working there at the end of the day. He did win brownie points prior to this for calling Lois charming and for commenting on their relationship (Lois and Clark are so bad at denying they’re together). As soon as Stern leaves, Clark holds his arm up and Lois turns into his arm. I loved that move b/c it shows just how well Clark knows Lois that he’d know that she’d go after Stern and how much Lois respects Clark to not go after Stern after Clark silently told her that it’s not a good idea.

7. Lois leaving the Blur messages/Clark knows that Lois will find Sacks: I love that these two scenes mirror each other first with Lois leaving so many rambling messages on “the Blur’s” voicemail (I’m sure you like it quick) and telling him that she wants to keep her partner safe and away from danger and Clark trying to locate Sacks with Chloe’s help b/c he knows that she’s going to find him and he wants to keep her safe. Once again these two are on the exact same wavelength and they demonstrate in these two scenes alone that they would do anything to protect each other (like Clark says in the phone call later).

8. Clois fight: They’ve both been fired by Stern and Lois really isn’t happy with Clark b/c she thinks that Clark was trying to save their jobs by exposing the Blur. Oh, Lo if only you knew. Lois ends up telling Clark that she’s seeing a whole different side to him and for the first time she isn’t a fan of the view. Now IIRC this may be their first major fight, or one of the few actual fights between them in any case and what I love about it is that (as I’ve said before) no one if fighting dirty or taking cheap shots at the either (I like Meredith and Derek on GA, but man is Derek ever nasty when he’s mad at Mer ). Lois simply tells him how she feels and it’s understandable from her side of things. Then she actually has to lean against a wall for support after fighting with Clark and it’s like the wind has been taken out of her sails. Of course this is the moment when she’s kidnapped and Clark is so freaking upset and freaked out about it.

9. Clois investigating: Lois and Clark are determined to save both of their jobs and it’s great to see the two of them working together at DP with Lois over Clark’s shoulder then Lois (being Lois) is unable to stand back so she takes over the computer and Clark just lets her do it. Lois and Clark decides to divide and conquer but before she leaves she makes sure to let Clark know that she’s looking forward to their date...I think if Lois can remember their date in the midst of being worried about Sacks being back and about her job security, then that shows that Clark is incredibly important to her. C’mon Clarkie of course she loves you!

10. Sacks is back: Sacks is bad guy/guest star I was pleased to see again and his presence really made this ep feel like part 2 of Idol. He’s back to his old tricks and his scenes with Lois are as wonderful as they were in Idol. I do wonder what happened to him b/c I don’t think they clearly resolved it. I guess we’re just supposed to assume that he landed in jail again but this time it stuck.

So that’s it for my mini-review of Charade and it’s such a wonderful Clois centric ep and a really important/milestone one for their relationship. This ep basically proves why SV did the best version of the triangle for two IMO and I miss them all over again...
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 07-21-2013 at 08:11 PM