Ahh okay, although I did love the introduction of Hawkman
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 05-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah that was pretty cool. I really liked the JSA montage with the way each one was captured and their trademark.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 05-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

That was good and Dr. Fate was another awesome character
Rachel
Old 05-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Hee yeah, particularly his scene with Lois.

| ray
Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hee yes. Is it just me or is Hawkman's mask really weird? It looks like he has fly eyes:

Rachel
Old 06-03-2013, 02:34 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Heh it does, the glow looks weird I guess.

| ray
Old 06-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Boo you! Why aren't you showing anymore you silly pic?
Rachel
Old 06-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Sites keep want to mess with you posting pictures

| ray
Old 07-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Why are they being so mean to me?
Rachel
Old 07-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

It seems Fanpop and sites like it don't always support direct linking to images.

| ray
Old 07-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I watched this ep on Sunday and here's my list of things I loved about this ep, there are more than 10 since it's a double ep:

Source
1. "Do you believe in fate, Lois?": Lois proudly shows Clark her front page story and he says they can share a byline next time, then they talk about what Dr. Fate said to her and Clark is thrilled b/c of course he knows that Fate meant him and this bodes well for their relationship and he asks her that question and she says "Only the kind you make happen" which is the perfect answer, b/c since Lois doesn't know he's the Blur yet, she can't just say yes without it looking like she doesn't want to be with Clark. I think this answer is also kind of giving a middle finger to the people who say that Clois shouldn't be together or are forced to be together b/c it's their destiny. This scene shows that, while they are fated to be together, they also actively choose each other every single day.

2. "She is the key": Oh Dr. Fate, you're so smart! I knew I liked you for a reason. Naturally, Fate realizes Lois' importance and when she shows up at the mansion quipping about hockey masks and Fate startles her, he tells her a bit about her future. "He is the one you will need, you are the one he will need", which is just fantastic! And the exchange about his helmet was great. I love how he responds like she was genuinely giving him a compliment about the helmet.

3. Clois at the DP: They've missed their breakfast date (boo) and Lois got caught up in the story and Clark realized that she's right in the middle of everything so he goes to her and suggest they team up and we get the cute "Clark and Lois" "Lois and Clark" exchange and then Lois given Clark important info about the JSA and their current enemy. Good job Geoff Johns at making Lois have an important role in this ep even though she's only in half of it. I also liked that they did it this way b/c it made it feel like Lois was in 19 episodes instead of 18.

4. Lois & Waller: Waller is a very smart woman and she knows to go to Lois to dig up info. I like her line about Lois digging up more skeletons than the organization she works for has closets or something like that. She gives Lois the phone and tells her she'll be in touch.

5. Lois' first scene: So after 45 Loisless minutes we get her in the second part of this ep ranting about why she's late to someone she thinks is Clark and then she's puzzled about how anyone would miss a date with the Great Lois Lane. Then she gets a package and we get another one of Tess and Lois' battle of wills/wits.

6. Dr. Fate: I really enjoyed him as a character and I felt so bad for him with him losing his mind and all. I would have liked to see more of him but they had to have that stupid Ice dude kill him off. Seriously? Was that necessary? And why on Earth did they go with that villain/actor b/c neither the character nor the actor were particularly compelling and I found it kind of sad that they needed 4 superheroes to take him down (also some of his lines were super cheesy like "Your Fate is in my hands or should I say on my head, like really?).

7. Hawkman/Carter: Of course we love Michael Shanks! What's not to love about him? MS has the right amount of gravitas to pull off such a serious character yet he can also do the action sequences. It's awesome that they got him to come back in Shield and Icarus and Lois/ED actually got to interact with him and form a friendship with his character. I have to say that his costume looked kind of cheesy though, especially his eyes.

8. Martian Manhunter: I really like his character and it was great seeing him again. The line about saying we come in peace was clever/cute and yay he got his powers back and we got to see him in his Martian form! I also liked briefly seeing him use his phasing power in that fight with Icicle.

9. Waller: Pam Grier was great as Waller and her character was portrayed pretty much the same way Waller is portrayed on the animated justice league show. She manipulates people and uses them to further her own agenda and genuinely believes she's working in the best interests of the citizens of Metropolis and the world at large. I liked how coolly (no pun intended) she handled Icicle with her line about being from Chicago and then how she just shot him when she was done with him (too bad she didn't kill him any sooner).

10. Tess is Agent Mercer: And everything seemed to fall into place when we found that out. IIRC Tess was assembling the suicide squad in S8 from when she recruited Bette (Plastique) to join her. It made so much sense for Tess to be involved with Checkmate.

11. Ollie and Hawkman: And a new bromance is born! These two played off of each other really well and liked their quips at each other like calling each other "Big Bird" "green punching bag" etc. I also liked the thing about Ollie puking during the flight and Ollie telling him to send him his dry cleaning bill. It was nice to see them bonding later over Shayera and Carter talking to Ollie about how he doesn't let people know how much they mean to him...I thought that would have been about him and Canary since they did mention her in this ep, but I guess Ollie going to WT to see if Chloe (b/c this makes me sad, but really who else would be at WT) wanted to get something to eat.

12. Chloe and Stargirl: I like their reaction to the JSA's super old computer with Courtney patting it and then Courtney telling Chloe that WT was missing something and that watching ppl doesn't make them a part of your life (or something to that effect) and that the league would work better as a team if they got together more (like when the world wasn't ending) and became a family.

And I think that's about it for this ep.
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 07-09-2013 at 08:05 PM