Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Zach Attack: News, Articles and Appearances #2

Last Zach news

Quote:
Country star BRAD PAISLEY and STAR TREK actor ZACHARY QUINTO have joined forces to produce a new TV drama set in Nashville, Tennessee.

The odd couple created the show with writers Neal Dodson and Matt Bomer and now the project has been picked up by U.S. TV network CW.

A press release about the drama suggests the new series will focus on "an aspiring young female singer destined for stardom and a male songwriter whose career isn't as certain."

The show is scheduled to debut next year (10).

Thrilled Paisley says, "I'm very excited to portray the country music world of my favourite town, Nashville, by showing the exciting life of musicians, songwriters and performers - all very talented people."

Many current country stars will make their acting debuts on the show, according to the Celebrity hitmaker.

Brad Paisley - Paisley & Quinto Team Up For Nashville Drama - Contactmusic News

Posted by irish_eyes
Quote:
"THE LARAMIE PROJECT - TEN YEARS LATER"
OCTOBER 25, 1:30pm

All-Star Cast Performs for One Performance Only to Benefit the Matthew Shepard Foundation

Scheduled to perform are:

Zachary Quinto (Heroes, Star Trek), James Cromwell (Surrogates, Babe), Pauley Perrette and Michael Weatherly (NCIS), Jim Parsons and Johnny Galecki (Big Bang Theory), Julie Benz (Dexter), Lisa Edelstein (House), Barrett Foa (NCIS: Los Angeles), Helen Shaver (Desert Hearts, The 4400) and Emmy Award-winner Christian Clemenson (Boston Legal).

Directed by actress/ director Jillian Armenante.

General seating tickets for the event are $25.00 and can be purchased at the church or by calling 323-874-2104 (ext 303). (There is a $2 service fee for credit card transactions).

All proceeds benefit The Matthew Shepard Foundation. GET YOUR TICKETS NOW. IT WILL SELL OUT.
Following the performance, coffee and dessert will be served.

LARAMIE 10 YEARS LATER is a sequel to The Laramie Project, which first premiered February 2000 at the Ricketson Theatre in Denver, Colorado. The play, The Laramie Project, was the basis for the 2002 critically acclaimed HBO Original Film starring Camryn Manheim, Joshua Jackson and Christina Ricci. The sequel picks up ten years later. The attitudes and the events that have transpired over those ten years are quite shocking, as members of the Tectonic Theatre Company return to Laramie and discover that many issues are still unresolved.

Hollywood United Methodist - LARAMIE

Posted by irish_eyes
Quote:
In the lobby of the Winspear, I had seen a celebrity lookalike and said to my wife, "Hey, there's Sylar from Heroes. Don't let him steal your super power." To which she said, "That IS Sylar." Or, as his mother knows him, Zachary Quinto. So when I saw him in line for a drink at the Wyly, I walked up and said, "Alright, you have to let me take your picture." I held up my iPhone to do just that. Quinto took it from me like I was a dunce who'd never taken a picture of a celebrity before. He put his arm around me and pointed the phone at both of us -- even took the picture twice when the first one didn't work right. So yeah. I'd say we're friends now.

Dallas Blog, Daily News, Dallas Politics, Opinion, and Commentary FrontBurner Blog D Magazine � Blog Archive � Kristin Chenoweth Wows Em at the Winspear

Posted by irish_eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiabound (View Post)
Vote zach at the people choice awards for:

Favorite Drama Actor
Favorite Action Actor
Favorite Breakout Movie Actor

For Star Trek:

Favorite Franchise
Favorite Movie

He isn't nominated, but voting will help him get a chance to get nominated and I think you can vote every day.

Nominations
Quote:
Bradley Cooper, of Wedding Crashers, All About Steve and The Hangover fame and Zachary Quinto, from Star Trek and Heroes are to be honored at the 13th Annual Hollywood Film Festival & Hollywood Awards Gala Ceremony. The gala ceremony will take place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills on October 26, 2009.

Bradley Cooper will receive the "Hollywood Comedy Award," and Zachary Quinto will be honored with the Hollywood Spotlight Awards.

Bradley Cooper has some upcoming movies that should do well at the Box Office. He has been acting for a long time but has finally come into his own this year. His upcoming movies are: Valentine's Day, The A-Team, Matt Helm and The Hangover 2.

Zachary Quinto, can be seen currently on NBC, in Heroes, as the never-killable Sylar.

Bradley Cooper & Zachary Quinto to be honored at The Hollywood Film Festival & Hollywood Awards

Posted by irish_eyes
Old 10-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

tftnt
Old 10-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread
Old 10-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

laramie project today
Old 10-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Zachary Quinto, a big movie star thanks to his role as Spock in the recent Star Trek movie, showed up to pay tribute to an old friend: Coco Peru.

He talked about being taken to one of Coco’s shows when he was just 22 (”A lot longer ago than it looks”) and remembers leaving the show “staggered by how powerful it was for me.”

Zachary paid tribute to Coco for having “the power of transcending limitations” and for being “completely unafraid.”

Quinto also read a message from Lily Tomlin (Liza Minnelli had appeared briefly on video and said to Coco: “You’re GAY? Who knew!”) and he won over the crowd for his total effort to sound somewhat like Tomlin – complete with a snort at the end a la her Ernestine character.
My recap of the LA Gay & Lesbian Center Gala with Wanda Sykes, Chelsea Handler, Coco Peru & Leno

hope a vid pops up, would love to see this
Old 10-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for that recap and the link!!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

YouTube - Zachary Quinto Introduces Coco Peru
Old 10-28-2009, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the link!

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 10-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Will watch the video later, thanks for the link!!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 11-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Zach is nominated for Favorite Break Out Movie Actor

Go VOTE for him

Last edited by sharmans; 11-10-2009 at 01:57 PM
Old 11-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

voted
Old 11-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

wicked.

AND voted..

And dont forget ST for favourite film

Cant believe he and Kirk werent up for best Team..

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

Last edited by BrokenButterfly; 11-10-2009 at 07:38 PM
Old 11-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, and don't forget that you can vote as often as you can

Last edited by sharmans; 11-11-2009 at 02:43 PM
Old 11-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Some filming news..

Quote:
The “Star Trek” topliner is loosely attached to his first post-”Trek” feature, the romantic dramedy “Whirligig.”

Quinto would play the lead role in the Canadian indie, which is aiming to shoot early next year.

The actor has been very selective about his next role, and with no deal in place and a number of contingencies that need to be met, it remains possible he’ll opt for another project as his first post-”Trek” feature.

The “Whirligig” project centers on a man who, in a misguided attempt to woo an older woman, befriends the woman’s adopted son.

Chaz Thorne is directing the pic, based on a screenplay by Michael Amo, creator of the Canadian supernatural series “The Listener,” which aired on NBC in the summer. Thorne, Amo and David MacLeod are producing.

UTA-repped Quinto was best known for his long-running role as Sylar on NBC adventure series “Heroes,” as well as a recurring role on “24″ before also breaking out as the new Spock in the summer hit “Trek.” He’s signed on to reprise his role as the deadpan Vulcan in a sequel.

Par’s “Trek” has provided a bump for a number of actors, particularly Chris Pine, who has been in negotiations to star in a new Jack Ryan pic for the studio, among other projects.