Fan Forum Legend

happy birthday to him!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

i guess the latest project would be the period films feature
Old 04-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Press Release: New Indie Film To Be Screened at Carnegie Mellon School of Drama Alumni Return To Showcase Latest Project
PITTSBURGH—”Breakup at a Wedding,” a new independent film by Carnegie Mellon University School of Drama alumni Zachary Quinto (A’99), Neal Dodson (A’00), Corey Moosa (A’00) and Victor Quinaz (A’00) will be screened at 4:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 16, in the University Center’s McConomy Auditorium on the Pittsburgh campus.

Following the screening, several members of the cast and production company will participate in a Q&A session with the audience. The lone screening is open to the public.

Tickets are limited, so advance purchase is recommended. Admission is $10 or $5 with a valid CMU ID. Tickets can be purchased from noon to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Purnell Center Box Office (412-268-2407). Advance tickets can be purchased with cash, check, Visa or MasterCard. Tickets purchased at the door must be paid with cash or check only. All proceeds will go to the Senior Showcase Fund for students graduating from the School of Drama this year.

Dodson, the producer of the film, said he and the others chose to do a screening at Carnegie Mellon because of their ties to the university and their desire to raise funds for Senior Showcase, which helps graduating School of Drama students promote their skills to talent scouts, agents and other entertainment industry professionals on the West Coast and East Coast.

“With so many of us having some affiliation with Carnegie Mellon and Pittsburgh,” he said, “it seemed natural for us to do a screening on campus. We’re doing an old-fashioned college tour, and Carnegie Mellon was at the top of our list.”

“Breakup” is a romantic comedy that features Alison and Phil on the eve of their wedding. Alison gets cold feet and decides to break off the wedding, but rather than face the embarrassment of calling off the ceremony, she suggests to Phil that they proceed with a sham wedding. Phil is more than game, as he’s secretly hoping a surprise gift he has for Alison will ultimately change her mind. Yet once the guests begin to arrive, more complications ensue than either of them could have ever imagined … and it’s all caught on tape by their wedding videographer.

Quinaz directed the film and it was produced by Quinto, Dodson and Moosa’s Before The Door Pictures, a production company that also made “Margin Call” and “All Is Lost.” The cast features several CMU Drama alumni, including the aforementioned Moosa and Quinaz, as well as Michael Lidondici (A’00), Brian Shoaf (A’01), Sian Heder (A’99) and Haj Chenzira-Pinnock (A’02).

“Breakup” was made by PERIODS.Films (Periods Films | Like Seriously New Classics), created by Quinaz and his wife Anna Martemucci. PERIODS is a collective of comedians in New York City that has gained attention through its successful series of “anachronistic and hilarious short films,” according to media outlets like the Los Angeles Times and Entertainment Weekly. The film runs just under 90 minutes and will be distributed by Oscilloscope Labs on VOD and all digital platforms June 18 with a limited theatrical presence to follow.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

it seemed like it went well
Old 04-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh, to have Zachary Quinto's frequent flier miles.
Somewhere between the MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles and a movie-theater convention in Las Vegas and a trip to Australia to plunge into publicity for "Star Trek Into Darkness," the Carnegie Mellon University grad squeezed in a visit to campus with fellow alumni this week.
The former Green Tree resident along with Neal Dodson, Corey Moosa and Victor Quinaz were back at CMU to show a sneak preview of "Breakup at a Wedding" to students and others in McConomy Auditorium, pose for photos and reunite with instructors who greeted them with happy hugs.
The comedy, produced by Before the Door Pictures founded by the "Margin Call" team of Mr. Dodson, Mr. Moosa and Mr. Quinto, tells the story of a couple through the all-seeing lens of a wedding videographer played by director Quinaz. You can run but you cannot hide, especially when wearing wireless microphones.
Alison Fyhrie plays the bride who gets cold feet but decides to go through with the wedding to her fiance, played by co-writer Philip Quinaz (Victor's real-life brother).
The movie will be available across multiple platforms June 18 and likely enjoy a limited theatrical release, too, courtesy of Oscilloscope Laboratories. "Where you consume a movie is less important than that you consume a movie," Mr. Dodson said.
"Breakup at a Wedding" was shot in 11 days for less than $500,000 with JFK International Hotel in Queens serving as a key location. Mr. Dodson and the others, including Anna Martemucci, who co-wrote the screenplay and plays a small role, fielded questions from the audience.
"Unlike the Zachary Quintos and the Joe Manganiellos of the world, when you graduate from a conservatory like Carnegie Mellon and you're an actor, it's difficult. It doesn't just come to you," Mr. Moosa said.
"So you can spend 10 years in a place like New York City pounding the pavements and doing hundreds of these off-off-Broadway plays, which I did and my mom came to see some of them and that was a good audience. But it's out of your control. ...
"Opening a production company was actually the first step, I think for all of us, in some way, of putting our careers in our own control."
The movie didn't turn anyone off marriage, by the way.
"I got married five days after we wrapped shooting this movie," Mr. Dodson said, "and Victor and Anna got married three weeks later, in Rome, right after shooting this movie, so the neuroses of this bride and groom are fairly personal and come from a real place. They sort of threw it all into the movie in a real way."
Zachary Quinto, other grads bring movie to CMU - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

cute yay! from the screening at cmu
Old 05-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 05-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

aww all is lost seems to be doing good at cannes
Old 05-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 05-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 05-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Zachary Quinto talks 'Breakup at a Wedding' | Inside Movies | EW.com
Old 06-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

oh awesome! it is out soon
Old 07-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
happy 5-year anninversary to my production company Before The Door Pictures -- we're working on shooting two movies (number five and six for us), back to back, this fall. and we're also releasing three movies in 2013 - Breakup at a Wedding now and "banshee chapter" in september and All Is Lost in october. stay tuned for more!