Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2017, 05:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

The White Asparagus Triangulation (2x09)

Original Air Date: November 24, 2008

Quote:
Sheldon is thrilled when Leonard starts dating a woman who meets Sheldon's stringent standards.
This season 2 episode airs tonight at 10:30/9:30c on TBS. Since we don't have a talkback thread for this episode, I thought I'd make one for this one. The plan is for every month of the hiatus I would make an episode thread for an episode we don't have a talkback thread for. Which includes 4 more season 2 episodes. Thoughts on this episode?
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:22 AM
Supreme Fan

I always liked all the scenes with Sheldon and Penny in this one.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
I always liked all the scenes with Sheldon and Penny in this one.
So did I, especially Sheldons "you know it's bad enough you make me watch that movie, but now you mock me with it?". Along with Penny's knowing facial responses.

You'd think the murder jokes with Leonard to Sheldon would get old after ten seasons......but you'd be wrong, BECAUSE THEY'RE STILL HILARIOUS!

It's very telling that in Sheldon's star trek analogy that he sees Leonard as the captain Kirk of the group, especially when Raj is the guy that always gets killed!

Even though Leonard isn't the best socially, he still has enough know all to recognize what things are and aren't a big deal on Facebook. It's one of many reasons why I think penny gravitated most to Leonard, he was the least odd of an odd bunch.

As someone who had stitches on their thumb because I sliced it open at a nursing home kitchen, I can relate to Leonard having to have a needle in your hand for a long time. It more than stings.

One difference I've noticed in the old days compared to the new days is most episodes now have B & C plots. The old days had Penny, Howard, and Raj as support characters with the occasional focus episode on them. These days its more like those 3 are just as important as Leonard and Sheldon, with Amy & Bernadette being secondary characters to those five. Of course that's understandable as over saturation of ONLY specific characters can cause things to get staler in a quicker time.

Anyways I give this episode a 9.5 (A) out of 10.

Last edited by meka3000; 05-27-2017 at 12:12 AM
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't aware there wasn't a thread for this episode! It's definitely a really strong one.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

The episode yes.
Loved the landing party line and how Sheldon told Leonard to open the glas.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by fanforum~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

I don't know why, but Raj asking to see Leonard's stitches and then Howard going "Blaarrggh!" cracks me up to this day. I can relate, Howard.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh dear
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by fanforum~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread