Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2017, 09:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Vartebedian Conundrum (2x10)

Original Air Date: December 8, 2008

Quote:
Leonard realizes that Stephanie is living in his apartment and he wants to slow down their relationship after Penny points it out. Meanwhile, Sheldon is convinced that he has an untraceable disease and begs Stephanie to help diagnose him.
I was originally going to post this episode when it aired on TV in June this month. But that never happened this month. But I want to stick to my promise of starting a thread for the remaining season 2 episodes that don't have talkbacks yet during hiatus. I haven't seen the episode in awhile, but I'll watch again to refresh my memory, then post my thoughts. But if anyone has any recollections of this episode, feel free to share them. Anyways, thoughts on this episode?
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

We have a lot of reruns here too but I haven't seen it in a while either.

This is the last episode we saw Stephanie, right? I always thought the break-up came a bit sudden.

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
We have a lot of reruns here too but I haven't seen it in a while either.

This is the last episode we saw Stephanie, right? I always thought the break-up came a bit sudden.
So did I, then again we never were given much incentive to want to see her stick around, so it didn't feel like a huge loss.

Anyways I always felt this was easily season 2's weakest episode. It also suffered from not really knowing much about Stephanie beyond the basics. Like how does she tolerate Sheldon in large doses? While all the scenes w/ Leonard/Penny were cute. The rest of the episode felt like it was firing and missing on way too many cylinders.

On another note 8 years later and Leonard had the same problem w/ his stuff disappearing because of his significant other moving in, and not realizing it right away. I thought that was a nice touch.

Anyways this episode I gave a 4.5 out of 10 (D-).
meka3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it was weird for me too that Stephanie left the show without saying goodbye.

The best part of the episode for me was when Leonard tried to deny that he and Stephanie are not living together And then Penny showed him his bedroom
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by fanforum~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread