Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good because I want to get it eventually.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay! Thanks, TW!

~Heidi
Old 06-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!
I have to wait a little longer until Season 7 will be released in my country (until December or January). (its summer hiatus here since March 24th and the other 12 episodes will come in the fall(autumn) )
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 06-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Ooo, loving the sound of a lot of those extras! I'm especially glad they'll have last year's SDCC panel on there - more well deserved attention for the writers!

I'll probably be waiting until Black Friday to pick it up again - $10 DVDs for the win!
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 06-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Extreme Fan

It's released on the 8th in the UK, it better arrive on the day as promised - last year everyone got theirs and mine only came the next day! Ugh!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Extreme Fan

So is the String Theory Serenade the song from Romance Resonance? I thought it had a different title when it went to iTunes--Bernadette's Song or something like that?

Doesn't really matter, I guess.

I do think that BBTea Time sounds like the Take Out with the Cast thing from a few years ago.

I've been contemplating getting a blu-ray player, but I don't know if that's going to happen this summer or maybe I'll wait until the fall when my symphony money kicks back in...

I already have the S7 download from iTunes, which includes the ComicCon panel and the "Johnny crashes the panel" thing, as I recall. It also had highlights from the simulcast PaleyFest panel.

But I'm really eager to see the bloopers!

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:55 AM
Extreme Fan

String Theory Serenade sounds interesting but it just makes me think about string cheese Could be about the writing of the song or just how the show is getting more romance into it and Leonard totally serenading Penny with science

We have a blu-ray player and I really don't see the difference between that and HD DVD. Like, okay yeah my eyes are really sucky and I didn't believe in HD until I got my new glasses (I have spent YEARS thinking the first few seasons of Friends were the worst quality only to find it was just my eyes) ... like, unless you're a technology enthusiast, I wouldn't really recommend it
Old 06-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the blu-ray news!
I thought the String Theory thing would be about Sheldon leaving his lifelong field of research, maybe a science bit with David Saltzberg. (Do I take things too literally, possibly?) I'm slightly disappointed now you've pointed out it could be about the song, but I suppose that's good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleWaitress (View Post)
TFTNT! I'm looking forward to the tea time thing. Maybe it's a two teabags in one cup cast rave?
I really hope so!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'm a bit concerned that they're only talking about the Blu-ray edition. I'm just not ready to buy a blu-ray player yet, and I'm wondering if they'll even make a regular DVD edition.

But last year just about everything was on yt within a week or so, I think.

And very excited to see what BBTeaTime is about, and of course, for the gag reel.
That's just because they are desperate to push the "better" format. Cost the same to produce as a DVD but because its the latest thing they charge more to increase profits. Pretty sure there will be a DVD version.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Thanks for the blu-ray news!
I thought the String Theory thing would be about Sheldon leaving his lifelong field of research, maybe a science bit with David Saltzberg. (Do I take things too literally, possibly?) I'm slightly disappointed now you've pointed out it could be about the song, but I suppose that's good too.

I really hope so!
It would be really fun if the String THeory Serenade was a behind-the-scenes feature about how they recorded it, etc.

It would also be interesting if they did have Saltzberg talking about the changes in science and how that could affect how they write about SHeldon's field of study. But I don't know why they'd call it a Serenade.

On the other hand, I don't know why they'd call the song--"If I Didn't Have You (Bernadette's Song)"--the String THeory Serenade, so maybe you're more right than I am!

Either way, I'd be happy.

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Supreme Fan

Blu-ray = unnecessary And poor marketing strategy, I won't fall for that
Old 06-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The only reason I'll be buying the DVD and not BR is I have S 1-6 on DVD already, I might get the BR box set when the show has run it's course.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Q&A with Chuck Lorreand John Wells on the State of TV: Variety: Q&A: Chuck Lorre and John Wells on the State of TV | The Bazinga Cast

Actors Riff On Their Public Personas In Guest Turns (includes James Earl Jones): http://thebazingacast.co/2014/06/11/...n-guest-turns/
Old 06-11-2014, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the links!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantagrae (View Post)
It would be really fun if the String THeory Serenade was a behind-the-scenes feature about how they recorded it, etc.

It would also be interesting if they did have Saltzberg talking about the changes in science and how that could affect how they write about SHeldon's field of study. But I don't know why they'd call it a Serenade.

On the other hand, I don't know why they'd call the song--"If I Didn't Have You (Bernadette's Song)"--the String THeory Serenade, so maybe you're more right than I am!

Either way, I'd be happy.
Yeah. I think maybe TW is right, and it could be about all the romantic relationships, maybe with Sheldon's break-up with String Theory thrown in. Or about the 'extra dimensions' that have been added to the show. I don't know, but at least we've got something to speculate about.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I'd assumed that String Theory Serenade would be a behind-the-scenes look at how the song came together. I don't see why they would call it a Serenade otherwise - and though that's not the name of the song itself, they like to come up with clever little titles for the names of the features.

I'll be buying the DVD (as I have for most of the series), unless it turns out there's a special feature I really want that's exclusive to the bluray. Like I bought S4 on bluray because it had the feature showing what a live taping was like. And I ended up buying S1 on bluray after one of my DVD discs went missing (my sisters borrowed the set and somehow lost a disc), because it included a new blooper reel.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread