Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2009, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

TBBT Marathon: 1x06 "The Middle Earth Paradigm"

Quote:
Penny hosts a Halloween party, putting Leonard, Sheldon, Wolowitz, and Koothrappali through a new test of their social skills.
Originally aired: 10/29/2007

Favorite scene:
Favorite line:
Overall thoughts of the episode:

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 06-19-2009 at 09:07 AM
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Favorite scene: Sheldon trying to show what he was dressed up as..
Favorite line: That's right! Cuz' that's how we roll in the Shire!
Overall thoughts of the episode: I enjoyed it but it's not one of my faves. I loved all the guys interactions, when they came back from the paintball, when they got excited over the party, when they showed up in the same costumes, etc. I didn't really enjoy the Penny/Leonard arc. I think it's a bit over the top that Leonard seems so into her and wonders about meeting Penny's circle of friends. Also Penny kissed Leonard only because she was drunk and because he said all those nice words to her. That's what a hurt girl needs to hear. I enjoyed the Karl/Leonard confrontation. Homo habilis discovering his opposable thumbs says what? And Raj got lucky and he is a great listener. Howard as Peter Pan was also hilarious.

BTW: Is it juss me or did Howard's flash costume look somehow small compared to the other's?

Last edited by Karma Police; 06-19-2009 at 08:52 AM
Old 06-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

Favorite scene: The guys all dressing up as The Flash. A class scene right there, and very memorable. And of course, Sheldon thinking that everyone would know what his costume was.
Favorite line:
Penny: Why can't all guys be like you?
Leonard: Because if all guys were like me the human race wouldn't survive. So true!
Overall thoughts of the episode: I liked this episode...and even though Kurt is kind of an *******, I still like him. But then again, I'm shallow. Also, should start keeping a tally now how many times Penny kisses Leonard while one of them are drunk. She's was vulnerable, and obviously emotional. I'm not blaming Leonard for that though, that was mostly Penny's fault since she's the one that made the move. But still. The girl has gotta keep it together!

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

It wasn't Leonard's fault [although he kinda regreted he wasn't a jerk in that situation ] but it showed that the hook up wasn't because of feelings Penny had for Leonard. It was the circumstances that led to it. She was drunk, vulnerable, hurt by another guy and Leonard hugged her, was nice to her and told her how awesome she was, i.e. what she neede to hear.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I put the blame on her for that one. He kind of had no control over that one.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Total Fan

Rewatch tonight! There's two eps of HIMYM tonight so we're not watching BBT until 10/9c.

Also since my brother is in town and I may not get to see him again before he deploys this winter, I don't think I'm going to make it to the rewatch We're having family time tonight. I'll watch the eps this weekend on my own (probably Saturday after my brother leaves). I'm sorry everyone! Have fun tonight!

"I missed you." - "You know what I missed you too."
Amber LJ | My FanFiction | Twitter Icon by me.
AisicsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amber, DO NOT watch the re-watch episodes until you've seen the two TBBT episodes you haven't seen. Don't re-watch any Spike, don't watch Community, don't watch ANYTHING until you have seen episodes FOR THE BOARD YOU MOD that you haven't seen yet even though they aired A MONTH AGO.
/rant

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love this episode. For many reasons, including my unreasonable passion for LotR. The "Geeks on a party" is so, so well done and to the point... Sheldon's anthropological study is just hilarious. Overall, this episode "feels" right.

As the first L/P kiss, this episode is also very important in the overall dynamic of the show.

Leonard messes up, he actually provokes Kurt in a very pretentious and mean way and honestly, he deserves what he gets. The fact that Penny is mad at Kurt and not at Leonard shows that she already cares enough for him to be somewhat unfair.

Also, this episode shows the real reason why Penny loves Leonard : because he can say no, unlike 95% of guys in this situation. So, he's different, not only because he's smart, but because he cares enough to protect her from making mistakes.

The Love Car Displacement or The Lunar Excitation are very good counter-examples. If Leonard had remembered this night, he would have said no, both times.
GeekSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Amber, DO NOT watch the re-watch episodes until you've seen the two TBBT episodes you haven't seen. Don't re-watch any Spike, don't watch Community, don't watch ANYTHING until you have seen episodes FOR THE BOARD YOU MOD that you haven't seen yet even though they aired A MONTH AGO.
/rant
Psshh! I'm making up the rewatch tomorrow before I track down the S4 eps I missed But I promise not to watch Community before those two eps. I can't promise not to watch Spike before them. Cause if I have to wait for the eps to download, I'm going to need something to entertain me :/

Unless you can't do the rewatch tomorrow, in which case yes, I will find and watch the S4 eps before I make up the rewatch.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can you do the re-watch tonight? Crystal can and I told her I'd do it with her tonight, so if you can make it tonight we'd have three...

Old 06-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Total Fan

:S No I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do it tonight. It's my brother's last night in town and I don't know what our plans are yet. But if he goes out with friends tonight, I'll pop in! Otherwise I'll just watch them on my own tomorrow.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay. If you want I can watch them again with you tomorrow.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Hey guys sorry I can't be here
heading to bed
going to see Jim tomorrow
I just realized how that sounds, like he is waiting for me
I mean I am going to see The Normal Heart tomorrow I love NYC
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Total Fan

Since we were all busy last Thursday (and Friday), we're making up those three eps tonight We're starting with HIMYM eps 7 and 8 followed by Middle Earth Paradigm. Same rewatch time, so 9/8 pm central. This will put the BBT ep at 10/9c for those who only wish to participate for that ep. Hope to see you guys there!

Old 06-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Anyone else here? (It is the right time, right?)
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread