Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2015, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
I think I know what happens (one thing anyway) but I'm choosing to look on the positive side: I don't know that what I think I know is correct, and there's a lot more that I don't know.
Sometimes that is worse than not knowing at all or knowing everything. Because it drives you crazy - been there

Quote:
Well done Heidi and Susanne, and I know Jess has also managed to avoid the spoilers. It's good to hear that it is possible, even though, as our title says, they are everywhere. I was ready to give up and just accept that you're going to get spoiled for any big episodes, but this gives me hope.
It's the first day and I don't know how to manage two more weeks. Very soon there probably will be fics on fanfiction.net that reveal the whole plot or I accidently run into a spoiler like with the fort episode.

And right now the vibes I get make me wish to skip the rest of the season, go into the hiatus now, distract myself with other things and wait for beginn of season 9.

Quote:
What I find annoying about being accidentally spoiled, is that I'm trying to deny that I know anything, ignore and forget it. So I can't react, get angry, excited, upset or whatever and I don't want to discuss it; it's like you're denied having your initial reactions. But then when the episode airs you miss out on the surprise element. At least I haven't a clue how anything comes about, so at this stage most of the episode should be a surprise.
I know what you mean, reading spoilers and not discussing it with others isn't much better. I would have to go much deeper into the fandom and into social medias and I'm not ready for that.

This season there was always a little something I knew beforhand. I'm not that consequent like Jezz or Stefi who stay away from everything for weeks, I need my daily dose of fandom The episodes were great and I loved the suprises but because of the flailing or the little tidbit I knew, my expectations often were a bit higher than what we got. So for me being spoiler free wasn't much better than being spoiled and flailing over something over 3 weeks.
Fandom life is less stressful without reading spoilers (and I had less problems than I thought with not reading the reports) but I'm also feel more distant to the show because I only discuss the episode in the week it airs.

~Susanne ~
Old 04-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad I don't really read fanfics anymore.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
This season there was always a little something I knew beforhand. I'm not that consequent like Jezz or Stefi who stay away from everything for weeks, I need my daily dose of fandom The episodes were great and I loved the suprises but because of the flailing or the little tidbit I knew, my expectations often were a bit higher than what we got. So for me being spoiler free wasn't much better than being spoiled and flailing over something over 3 weeks.
Fandom life is less stressful without reading spoilers (and I had less problems than I thought with not reading the reports) but I'm also feel more distant to the show because I only discuss the episode in the week it airs.
I've had that once or twice this season - like with the fort episode.
I think I know what you mean about feeling less involved. While I've been avoiding teasers I've missed the pre-episode chat and build up. But then, with the fort episode I watched the promo and observed all the excitement - and then the episode was a bit less than expected. Sometimes it works out though - I'd seen the promo for Colonization Application and knew there was a lot of excitement about it, but the last Shamy scene on the stairs was huge and a lovely surprise.

The problem is, they give too much away, I think, in the press releases and often in the teasers/writer interviews as well. If the marketing was a bit less spoilery, I'd be happy to read and join in the speculations.

Sometimes I wonder if I might as well just read the spoilers for the big episodes. But it's only two weeks, so I'm going to stick this out. Honestly, if you're not reading the spoilers straight away, it's kind of not worth it to me.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I know what you mean, reading spoilers and not discussing it with others isn't much better.
Oh, this is much (!) worse, believe me.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Oh, this is much (!) worse, believe me.
I believe you but I don't mean the freakouts that follows every report but if you read the reports sometimes you need to talk about it ore exchange some ideas.

~Susanne ~
Old 04-22-2015, 03:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I believe you but I don't mean the freakouts that follows every report but if you read the reports sometimes you need to talk about it ore exchange some ideas.
The freakouts are even worse because most of the time they're not even reasonable. And getting spoiled without being able to talk about it can drive you crazy.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
right now, I'm to scared to read spoilers, but if I'm the only unspoiled here, I probably start to read them too, very soon
I'm unspoiled Susanne! You can do it! Let's hide in the dark with all the electronics turned off, together.

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 04-23-2015, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

For most of the season I've just been careful on twitter the day after a taping - muting a few people if I remember to - and I've been pretty good. But Tuesday night before I went to sleep I saw a tweet with a spoiler, and I muted that person, but then Wednesday morning so many other people were tweeting about the same thing. Most of them are people I should have thought to mute Tuesday night as well, but there were still tweets from people that don't normally tweet spoilers.

Which has led to be being torn between annoyed at people who tweet spoilers (twitter is not the place for spoilers!), and annoyed at myself because I know they tweet spoilers, so it's partially my fault for not muting/thinking ahead.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 05-08-2015, 02:21 AM
Master Fan

This was the first time since I decided to stay spoilerfree, that I really enjoyed the experience and was blown away by the episode. OK I read that description of an fanfiction were the author tagged it with Spoiler and wrote something about a Vegas Wedding and Shamy breaking up, but I didn't know how much of this was from the imagination of the author and how much was really a spoiler. The only thing that caused it, was that I was preparing myself for a Shamy breakup (insomnia included )

But it also caused that for the last 2 weeks I avoided all the spoilers like plague because I didn't want to read anything about a break-up again I didn't go to any tumblr sides or fanfcition.net, I muted everyone and everything on twitter in context with Big Bang Theory - even Nicole and Roxanne after I knew the were spoiled

I probably wouldn't have kept that up if it would have been longer than 2 weeks but it was worth the effort and it encouraged me to keep staying spoiler free for season 9 I want to be surpised and blown away when Sheldon finally proposes (probalby not possible because like with the SIK and the ILY, news travel faster than you can avoid and mute pages )

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 05-08-2015 at 04:22 AM
Old 05-08-2015, 02:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
This was the first time since I decided to stay spoilerfree, that I really enjoyed the experience and was blown away by the episode. OK I read that description of an fanfiction were the author tagged it with Spoiler and wrote something about a Vegas Wedding and Shamy breaking up, but I didn't know how much of this was from the imagination of the author and how much was really a spoiler. The only thing that caused it, was that I was preparing myself for a Shamy breakup (insomnia included )

But it also caused that for the last 2 years I avoided all the spoilers like plague because I didn't want to read anything about a break-up again I didn't go to any tumblr sides or fanfcition.net, I muted everyone and everything on twitter in context with Big Bang Theory - even Nicole and Roxanne after I knew the were spoiled

I probably wouldn't have kept that up if it would have been longer than 2 weeks but it was worth the effort and it encouraged me to keep staying spoiler free for season 9 I want to be surpised and blown away when Sheldon finally proposes (probalby not possible because like with the SIK and the ILY, news travel faster than you can avoid and mute pages )
That's true! But yay for you! Is that a whole season spoiler free? So glad you enjoyed the unspoiled experience for this one. We haven't had that many episodes this season with real shocks and drama, especially for Shamy, so I suppose this episode is a good example of a reason to go spoiler free.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:39 AM
Master Fan

Yes a whole season, more or less I tried to stay away from the spoilers but I always knew something

~Susanne ~
Old 05-08-2015, 05:54 AM
Supreme Fan

Maybe I'll try to avoid all the spoilers like you did for a while, Vicky. I hate the tension that comes with teasers and such things, and I know there will be a lot before season nine starts, so I might as well not read them. The same goes for promotional stuff. I don't know if I can do this because I would have to avoid everything, but I think it's worth it.

It's funny how TBBT spoilers are freaking me out so much while I really don't care about spoilers for shows like GoT or TWD where people actually do bad things or die.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate spoilers for TBBT, but I actively sought them out for The Mentalist and I do actively seek them out for Scorpion. I think because I know in TBBT the main characters can't die.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:33 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I think because I know in TBBT the main characters can't die.
*cough* Two And A Half Men
Old 05-08-2015, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Maybe I'll try to avoid all the spoilers like you did for a while, Vicky. I hate the tension that comes with teasers and such things, and I know there will be a lot before season nine starts, so I might as well not read them. The same goes for promotional stuff. I don't know if I can do this because I would have to avoid everything, but I think it's worth it.

It's funny how TBBT spoilers are freaking me out so much while I really don't care about spoilers for shows like GoT or TWD where people actually do bad things or die.
I don't do a very good job of avoiding it all, but I don't miss the press releases and teasers at all. I still like to see photos, because they allow a bit of speculation and excitement without actually giving away anything definite plot-wise.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread