Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2015, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

Thought I had pulled out all the stops this year with protecting myself from spoilers, and then I got spoiled the minute I went on twitter.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:58 AM
Master Fan

I did mute everyone and everything on twitter who could spoil me about the season finale yesterday before I went to bed yesterday However, I probably would feel a tad better, I would know something

~Susanne ~
Old 04-22-2015, 04:20 AM
Supreme Fan

I don't even know how to find spoiled people on Twitter. So yeah, the fact that I'm a real Twitter noob gives me an advantage. And the fact that I don't really use it.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
I did mute everyone and everything on twitter who could spoil me about the season finale yesterday before I went to bed yesterday However, I probably would feel a tad better, I would know something
Yeah, knowing about this mute button and how to use it probably would have been helpful to me.

Well now I'm in the annoying state if wanting to discuss stuff with friends but not being able to. This is one of the biggest reasons why I hate getting spoiled; I much prefer getting to talk about everything with y'all here after the episode airs.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:30 AM
Master Fan

Yes I know what you mean One reason I tried to stay spoilerfree was that the spoiler thread here in the spoilersection is practically dead and I would have to register at other boards to discuss the spoilers. And that was no option

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 04-22-2015 at 11:43 AM
Old 04-22-2015, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes I know what you mean One reason I tried to stay spoilerfree was that the spoiler thread here in the spoilersection is practically dead and I should have logged into other boards to discuss the spoilers. And that was no option
Yeah, exactly. There's really no where to go to discuss things until after the episode airs. Plus I'd rather get to calmly discuss it with friends who share my opinion rather than get into a debate over stuff.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Thought I had pulled out all the stops this year with protecting myself from spoilers, and then I got spoiled the minute I went on twitter.
Someone spoiled me on Tumblr in my ask box. Haven't had that problem since season five.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Someone spoiled me on Tumblr in my ask box. Haven't had that problem since season five.
I've seen enough on Tumblr to know there's something big - but I think that was pretty much predictable, so seeing people being excited doesn't bother me too much. Fortunately, so far everyone I've run across has hidden any specifics behind "Read More" buttons so I've been able to remain spoiler-free - aside from knowing that something big is coming.

~Heidi
Old 04-22-2015, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I've seen enough on Tumblr to know there's something big - but I think that was pretty much predictable, so seeing people being excited doesn't bother me too much. Fortunately, so far everyone I've run across has hidden any specifics behind "Read More" buttons so I've been able to remain spoiler-free - aside from knowing that something big is coming.
Yeah, I've only seen read mores too...it's just the person who came into my ask was quite specific.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah, knowing about this mute button and how to use it probably would have been helpful to me.

Well now I'm in the annoying state if wanting to discuss stuff with friends but not being able to. This is one of the biggest reasons why I hate getting spoiled; I much prefer getting to talk about everything with y'all here after the episode airs.
Well, I am spoiled, too. You can talk to me. I just had to know, I couldn't help it. I used to be so adamant about avoiding spoilers, and now I seek them out. What has happened to me?? Hopefully S9 I can get back on the wagon.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

right now, I'm to scared to read spoilers, but if I'm the only unspoiled here, I probably start to read them too, very soon

~Susanne ~
Old 04-22-2015, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
right now, I'm to scared to read spoilers, but if I'm the only unspoiled here, I probably start to read them too, very soon
It's probably better to not know stuff!

Old 04-22-2015, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
It's probably better to not know stuff!
you mean, I don't want to know. OK, I'm better go into hiatus right now

~Susanne ~
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
you mean, I don't want to know. OK, I'm better go into hiatus right now
I mean, I wouldn't have looked. I just know stuff because I was told.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

I got sort of spoiled too on Instagram. It was my own stupid fault for not temporarily unfollowing, and I should have known better. I've managed to scroll quickly past a few posts to avoid anything more, though.

I think I know what happens (one thing anyway) but I'm choosing to look on the positive side: I don't know that what I think I know is correct, and there's a lot more that I don't know.

Well done Heidi and Susanne, and I know Jess has also managed to avoid the spoilers. It's good to hear that it is possible, even though, as our title says, they are everywhere. I was ready to give up and just accept that you're going to get spoiled for any big episodes, but this gives me hope.

Quote:
Yeah, exactly. There's really no where to go to discuss things until after the episode airs. Plus I'd rather get to calmly discuss it with friends who share my opinion rather than get into a debate over stuff.
What I find annoying about being accidentally spoiled, is that I'm trying to deny that I know anything, ignore and forget it. So I can't react, get angry, excited, upset or whatever and I don't want to discuss it; it's like you're denied having your initial reactions. But then when the episode airs you miss out on the surprise element. At least I haven't a clue how anything comes about, so at this stage most of the episode should be a surprise.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread