Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Yes, I highly doubt that I'll be going back to be spoiled... Okay, that's easy for me to say because we're just going through another hiatus But yeah, I think I can do it

Don't worry about my name, you can find all the letters you need in my username
Kay I'm assuming you mean Felix. I'm going to go with that anyway, so I hope it's right.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Kay I'm assuming you mean Felix. I'm going to go with that anyway, so I hope it's right.
Yep, you got it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I really thought being spoiler free was gonna be tough. And I admit, every once in awhile I actually remember that there *is* a spoiler board with something called *taping reports* But I honestly haven't been tempted in months.

Part of that, I'm sure, is that being unspoiled, I've really enjoyed watching the show more - especially when something big does happen, or even if it seems like something big might happen. I just really enjoy the surprise and the glee.
That's one of the reasons I decided to stay spoiler free. It's just not really exciting when you know almost everything about the episode.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Good for you, Felix! I'm sure you can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I really thought being spoiler free was gonna be tough. And I admit, every once in awhile I actually remember that there *is* a spoiler board with something called *taping reports* But I honestly haven't been tempted in months.

Part of that, I'm sure, is that being unspoiled, I've really enjoyed watching the show more - especially when something big does happen, or even if it seems like something big might happen. I just really enjoy the surprise and the glee.
Wow! I'm so glad you're enjoying the show more unspoiled!! Also I'm very impressed with anyone who manages to quit spoilers after reading them for a long time.

I feel the same way about the excitement/hope that you get when you don't know what's coming, and it seems like something big could be happening. Since I've been lucky enough to go to the last few tapings, knowing next to nothing about each episode beforehand, you get so much more from seeing the story unfold. Sometimes just reading the press release and seeing the promo is enough for us to guess pretty much what's going to happen, so I'm considering giving those up when I'm back to seeing first on TV. It'll be hard, but I'd like to at least try it once and see how it goes. I know some people here do that, and they all seem to enjoy it more. On the other hand, I'm also a bit worried I'll have taping withdrawal and want to read spoilers to know what happened immediately - in which case I'll be straight back here for support!
Old 01-24-2015, 08:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

NOOOOOOOOO.............

Ever since I found out the title of the next ep I wanna read spoilers SO SO baaaaaaaaaadddddd...........but at the same time I wanna stay spoiler free so I can squee over it when I watch it heeeeellllppp!!!!!!!!!! Somebody pin me down and stroke my hair but be warned I may bite!!!

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 01-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamyLove (View Post)
NOOOOOOOOO.............

Ever since I found out the title of the next ep I wanna read spoilers SO SO baaaaaaaaaadddddd...........but at the same time I wanna stay spoiler free so I can squee over it when I watch it heeeeellllppp!!!!!!!!!! Somebody pin me down and stroke my hair but be warned I may bite!!!
Just think about it: If you read spoilers and there actually is something big happening, you might regret reading it later. Plus the possible disappointment if it doesn't turn out the way you imagined it.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Just think about it: If you read spoilers and there actually is something big happening, you might regret reading it later. Plus the possible disappointment if it doesn't turn out the way you imagined it.
Yep. Or if lines are cut or they don't use the take you wanted, you aren't let down because you didn't know about it!

Old 01-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Yep. Or if lines are cut or they don't use the take you wanted, you aren't let down because you didn't know about it!
One of the main reasons I started to avoid spoilers
Old 01-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

*breathing into paper bag*

OK folks, tyvm, I think you talked me out of it!

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 01-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

Yes, to all! Fight the urge, it will be worth it!

Quote:
Except when CBS puts cut scenes in promo pics and the spoiled have to come burst your bubble as you flail on twitter.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)

Except when CBS puts cut scenes in promo pics and the spoiled have to come burst your bubble as you flail on twitter.
That was awfully mean and great at the same time
Old 01-25-2015, 10:03 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
I feel the same way about the excitement/hope that you get when you don't know what's coming, and it seems like something big could be happening. Since I've been lucky enough to go to the last few tapings, knowing next to nothing about each episode beforehand, you get so much more from seeing the story unfold. Sometimes just reading the press release and seeing the promo is enough for us to guess pretty much what's going to happen, so I'm considering giving those up when I'm back to seeing first on TV. It'll be hard, but I'd like to at least try it once and see how it goes. I know some people here do that, and they all seem to enjoy it more. On the other hand, I'm also a bit worried I'll have taping withdrawal and want to read spoilers to know what happened immediately - in which case I'll be straight back here for support!
Along those lines - I was COMPLETELY thrown for the loop at the taping for Recombination Hypothesis, when it was revealed that most of the episode had been in Leonard's head. But by the time the episode aired, they had teased enough that something was different about the episode that a dream/reset of sorts was spread around as a theory. So yeah, by being there it really is the ultimate no spoilers.

Now I'll still read press releases, and look at the pictures and read any articles with teasers, but I don't seek out the commercials or sneak peeks. For whatever reason, that's where I ended up drawing the line - I'm okay with knowing whatever info they officially release, but I don't want to watch any of it until episode airs.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 01-25-2015, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Along those lines - I was COMPLETELY thrown for the loop at the taping for Recombination Hypothesis, when it was revealed that most of the episode had been in Leonard's head. But by the time the episode aired, they had teased enough that something was different about the episode that a dream/reset of sorts was spread around as a theory. So yeah, by being there it really is the ultimate no spoilers.

Now I'll still read press releases, and look at the pictures and read any articles with teasers, but I don't seek out the commercials or sneak peeks. For whatever reason, that's where I ended up drawing the line - I'm okay with knowing whatever info they officially release, but I don't want to watch any of it until episode airs.
That's an interesting half-way house. I might think about trying that.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

To quote the title, it would be a lot easier if there weren't spoilers everywhere. You should avoid BigBangWiki during the next weeks if you want to stay spoiler-free. It seems people put things from upcoming taping reports into the characters description section

~Susanne ~
Old 03-14-2015, 03:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
To quote the title, it would be a lot easier if there weren't spoilers everywhere. You should avoid BigBangWiki during the next weeks if you want to stay spoiler-free. It seems people put things from upcoming taping reports into the characters description section
Thanks for the tip!
I've found out that staying away from just EVERYTHING is the only way to deal with it! But it is so worth it! I'm still so glad I knew nothing about the turtle episode!
Old 03-14-2015, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

I was so proud of myself that I stayed away from the taping report despite of stumbeling over temptations everywhere you go and then this accident happend

I'm not sure if I will kepp staying spoiler free next season. While I have no problems with not reading the taping report, the part with the staying away from everything is the hard one. And I only can enjoy a show if I can go on every side I want without any restrictions. If I have to take care of I every step I go on the internet, this lowers the fun I have.

Fandom live is much easier and less stressful now but I'm missing the flailing and the happy waiting for an episode. Last year, the wait for the SIK was the most intense wait for an episode I ever expririenced. As great and wonderful as the turtle episode was, it wasn't the same experience like with the locomotive episode.

On the other side, with staying away all the drama around Intimacy Acceleration I had the chance to watch the episode without being biased. And I was really glad for that chance, because it's one of my favorite episode this season.

~Susanne ~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread