Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Again, I can't think of any article or anything else where writers or actors spoke against the idea. Maybe Jim, but he's not in the position to make decisions.

I would love to see babies on screen for a while, and I think they could get a lot of comedy out of it. Or at least the whole pregnancy, since it comes with many important bumps to overcome for couples.
There have been articles where the writers have said that babies aren't on their radar at the moment and that it would be a big change for the show. And the cast (Jim, Melissa, Simon, Johnny, and Kaley to my knowledge) have said in various interviews when asked about babies that it would probably be pretty complicated to incorporate them. I don't think they're vetoing the idea, just saying that the show should definitely be ready for them before they bring any on.

But, I agree, I think pregnancy for Penny (or any one of the girls) would be really hilarious. And seeing Leonard and Penny as first time parents would be awesome.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Again, I can't think of any article or anything else where writers or actors spoke against the idea. Maybe Jim, but he's not in the position to make decisions.
Well I guess it's not so much as "against" as much as the fact that they're always saying things like "we're not thinking about it" or "there's no intention of doing so right now"

I recall Jim saying on a talk show that a baby might actually make him want to quit. I dunno if he was joking or not but Jim/Sheldon is inexpendable to TBBT so if he's actually serious I really doubt the writers would do anything to risk losing their biggest star.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
There have been articles where the writers have said that babies aren't on their radar at the moment and that it would be a big change for the show. And the cast (Jim, Melissa, Simon, Johnny, and Kaley to my knowledge) have said in various interviews when asked about babies that it would probably be pretty complicated to incorporate them. I don't think they're vetoing the idea, just saying that the show should definitely be ready for them before they bring any on.
Well, maybe, but none of them said they're ruling it out, and that was the point I was trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
I recall Jim saying on a talk show that a baby might actually make him want to quit. I dunno if he was joking or not but Jim/Sheldon is inexpendable to TBBT so if he's actually serious I really doubt the writers would do anything to risk losing their biggest star.
He signed a contract, so I guess unless it's something harassing or humiliating, he has no reason to quit. I don't know how it works, but I don't think he can just quit like that.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Well, in any case, let's move the topic back to Leonard and Penny. I'm really excited to hear what their vows will be. I think Leonard would for something science-y or nerdy, and that Penny might wing it.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Well, in any case, let's move the topic back to Leonard and Penny. I'm really excited to hear what their vows will be. I think Leonard would for something science-y or nerdy, and that Penny might wing it.
Ha ha that's totally how I imagine it to be as well
Old 09-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
Ha ha that's totally how I imagine it to be as well
When it comes to romance, Leonard's definitely more prepared and eager, while Penny just needs to be herself for it to come out naturally.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Supreme Fan

I think Leonard's will be extremely romantic, because that's just how he is. Penny will somehow manage to make him cry.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think Leonard's will be extremely romantic, because that's just how he is. Penny will somehow manage to make him cry.
She totally will.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
She totally will.
I mean, obviously she has troubles to be romantic, but she can be. It's cute when she doesn't notice.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I mean, obviously she has troubles to be romantic, but she can be. It's cute when she doesn't notice.
Yeah, it's only when she tries too hard to be romantic that things end up not going well; she does it naturally, but, yes, doesn't always notice.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:11 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, it's only when she tries too hard to be romantic that things end up not going well; she does it naturally, but, yes, doesn't always notice.
"I don't care, we'll make our own music". One of my favorite season eight lines. She said that with so much love.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
"I don't care, we'll make our own music". One of my favorite season eight lines. She said that with so much love.
"Who's the dork now?" It was funny seeing their roles reversed there in that exchange, Leonard being more teasing and aloof while Penny was starry-eyed.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
"Who's the dork now?" It was funny seeing their roles reversed there in that exchange, Leonard being more teasing and aloof while Penny was starry-eyed.

Yeah, it was just so damn sweet.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's a dynamic between them that I always like seeing.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:03 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
That's a dynamic between them that I always like seeing.
Yeah. me too.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread