Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
I've never had the feeling that Leonard's insecurities come from a place of sexism, though. It's more just the fact that he was the one taking care of Penny, and that was a role he enjoyed and felt was important in their dynamic that is now not as necessary when it comes to issues of money or stability. Obviously he offers much more than that to the relationship, but he just needs to regain his confidence again.
It's just natural for him to take care of her and provide her with everything she needs. But that role is pretty much gone now, so his behavior is understandable. That kind of makes me sad because I really liked their dynamic in season 7. And, I don't know, I've always had the feeling he wants to be the provider. Maybe because that's what he did all the time.

So, maybe something different to talk about. I'm not sure how I feel about Penny going back to acting. Of course we don't even know if she gets the part or if she's even doing the audition. But let's just say she does. How is this gonna be different this time? According to last night's episode, everything she cares about is being rich, famous, winning awards and having a wonderful life because of all that. But I'm pretty sure she's not gonna achieve that. It's just not the kind of show where someone suddenly has a breakthrough or wins a Nobel Prize. Maybe she could get smaller parts or roles in movies like Clerks or Serial Apeist, but I don't think she's gonna be happy about that in the long run. The same way she wasn't happy about her Anne Frank thing and her hemorrhoid cream commercial. I've also never really seen her "passion" for acting, except in Monster Isolation.

In Gorilla Dissolution she stated that she doesn't need to be famous or have some big career to be happy. She thought the movie was crap and didn't even want to audition, but at the end she was okay with it. It was a constant back and forth and it's not exactly clear what she wants.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

I do think that she knows for sure that she doesn't need to be rich and famous to be happy, but at the same time, it's not like it wouldn't be nice to have if she could get there. I do think that having some success and confidence in one's career is something that everyone strives for, so the idea that she might be able to have that through the acting would certainly be appealing to Penny, I think. On the other hand, she also has that with the sales rep job right now. I guess it really is going to come down to which she'd rather do and what ultimately makes her happiest in terms of career.

I'm just happy that Leonard is supporting her in her figuring this out, and that he'll be happy if she stays with the sales rep job but is now also okay with her going for the audition. More moving forward from 7.13
Old 04-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I do think that she knows for sure that she doesn't need to be rich and famous to be happy, but at the same time, it's not like it wouldn't be nice to have if she could get there. I do think that having some success and confidence in one's career is something that everyone strives for, so the idea that she might be able to have that through the acting would certainly be appealing to Penny, I think. On the other hand, she also has that with the sales rep job right now. I guess it really is going to come down to which she'd rather do and what ultimately makes her happiest in terms of career.

I'm just happy that Leonard is supporting her in her figuring this out, and that he'll be happy if she stays with the sales rep job but is now also okay with her going for the audition. More moving forward from 7.13
It would definitely be nice to have, but I don't think the writers would go for something like that. It depends on what "success" means to her. If she's truly passionate about acting, she would be happy with almost everything, including movies like Clerks.

And yes, I'm already looking forward to see supportive!Leonard again. Maybe he'll visit her on the set again. What he did in Gorilla Dissolution was one of the cutest things ever. Oh, and one thing I loved about last night's argument was that the first thing Leonard cared about was Penny's happiness. Nothing else.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

His mouthing the lines along with her was the best. And more proof that they ran lines together.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
His mouthing the lines along with her was the best. And more proof that they ran lines together.
Indeed, they're such a great team. And when they were defending each other on the set, even though it didn't work out very well for Penny.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Indeed, they're such a great team. And when they were defending each other on the set, even though it didn't work out very well for Penny.
Yeah. I like when they're a unified force like that.

And I'm curious if Sheldon ended up making an exception to LP's one night a week rule since he took Leonard's sheets.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah. I like when they're a unified force like that.

And I'm curious if Sheldon ended up making an exception to LP's one night a week rule since he took Leonard's sheets.
Probably.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Probably.
Sheldon would've had to go through a lot of counter-proposals.

Though I also like to think that Leonard texted Penny about the fort and then she came to check it out.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

So, if anyone else saw the script pages that Wil Wheaton tweeted, the line of Leonard's that they cut cracked me up. "Again, our love runs deep."
Old 04-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
So, if anyone else saw the script pages that Wil Wheaton tweeted, the line of Leonard's that they cut cracked me up. "Again, our love runs deep."

That's kind of cute. And true.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

That's kind of cute. And true.
I like these ILY jabs they manage to throw at each other while arguing.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I like these ILY jabs they manage to throw at each other while arguing.
Also love how they stayed pretty much calm during their argument. There was no yelling.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Also love how they stayed pretty much calm during their argument. There was no yelling.
As hilarious as their yelling can be, yeah, this one was good to be handled in a more mature manner - especially considering they were on air.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
As hilarious as their yelling can be, yeah, this one was good to be handled in a more mature manner - especially considering they were on air.
Yeah. They're so mature now, it's really sweet.

So, I've been thinking about these two and I'm wondering if the season finale will somehow start the story arc that will (slowly) get them into wedding planning. Do you know what I mean? A little something that's keeping us excited.

And I was wondering if we'll have enough to talk about, so we'll reach thread #200 as planned. I remember last year we were talking about it.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah. They're so mature now, it's really sweet.

So, I've been thinking about these two and I'm wondering if the season finale will somehow start the story arc that will (slowly) get them into wedding planning. Do you know what I mean? A little something that's keeping us excited.

And I was wondering if we'll have enough to talk about, so we'll reach thread #200 as planned. I remember last year we were talking about it.
We're a bit behind right now; hopefully we'll be able to catch up over the summer hiatus.

I feel like even if we don't get hints of it in the finale, that season nine will definitely be about the wedding planning for them. I mean unless something drastic happens (good or bad) in terms of the wedding, but I don't see that happening.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread