Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Somewhere between "The Infestation Hypothesis" and "The Pulled Groin Extrapolation" , Sheldon and Amy finally consider themselves to be a couple. Proof is when Amy admits to Leonard she is dating Sheldon, Raj mentions Sheldon dating Amy without Sheldon denying it, and, after Leonard gets back from the co-worker's wedding with Amy, Sheldon hits him and says "She is not for you!"
Amy, nor Raj has ever said they 'are dating' but 'together' and 'kinda-sorta bf' so its not the right terms being used in this quote.

☆Krys ☆
Old 10-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
Amy, nor Raj has ever said they 'are dating' but 'together' and 'kinda-sorta bf' so its not the right terms being used in this quote.
Yeah I know, but you get the idea, not "dating" per se, but kinda-sorta-together
Old 10-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)

And to that explanation I would also add what Gina observed. He watched Leonard and Mary talk about them and didn't deny it or jumped in to clarify he is not with her, despite Leonard saying there "might" be somehting between them... I really wanna see how this develops in future episodes, but I found the observation on this wikia article very interesting.. I don't think they already consider themselves a couple as the article says but they are getting closer to that kind of acknowledgement about their relationship maybe.
I agree. I don't think they'd label themselves a couple just yet(though Amy's probably close), but they recognize that their relationship is unique from other ones.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Totally agree Yanina. They are kinda seeing what is happening betweem them. So Sheldon didn't react at what said Raj, he didn't react at the Skype analogy and Amy said he's her kinda sorta boyfriend and her heartbreaker (they didn't say 'dating', who wrote it may use another word). And I thought when I read the press release of the episodes where there were not a Shamy direct interaction that we would not see an interesting point about them, but without Shamy we also have Shamy. Was "might" or "may"?
Old 10-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
I agree. I don't think they'd label themselves a couple just yet(though Amy's probably close), but they recognize that their relationship is unique from other ones.
This. They know it's different but they know that doesn't have to mean that they are in a traditional boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilove (View Post)
Totally agree Yanina. They are kinda seeing what is happening betweem them. So Sheldon didn't react at what said Raj, he didn't react at the Skype analogy and Amy said he's her kinda sorta boyfriend and her heartbreaker (they didn't say 'dating', who wrote it may use another word). And I thought when I read the press release of the episodes where there were not a Shamy direct interaction that we would not see an interesting point about them, but without Shamy we also have Shamy. Was "might" or "may"?
I just watched to be sure, Leonard used "maybe"

ETA: I think that even when and if they come to acknowledge they have a "couple" relationship, even then, they won't consider themselves a traditional boyfriend/girlfriend thing... maybe as a "homo novus" kinda couple
Old 10-26-2011, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
I just watched to be sure, Leonard used "maybe"

ETA: I think that even when and if they come to acknowledge they have a "couple" relationship, even then, they won't consider themselves a traditional boyfriend/girlfriend thing... maybe as a "homo novus" kinda couple
Yeah, if they were to call themselves a couple, I'd want them to stay the way they are. And I love "homo novus" couple!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

I wonder if Sheldon thought that he has a kind of relationship with Amy that he hasn't got with anyone else. I still can't say that, because I need to hear something about that possible thought by him. I believe he did, but I need that.

IMO he knows that they are the Homo Novus and the Homo Novus (or Yoko and Yoko ) so I just need to see he wondering that in this season. We only saw reactions when somebody referred Sheldon and Amy are like "something different than what they think they are"(the Sheldon's with Amy by Raj for example) but we didn't see him with something like the kinda sorta boyfriend comment by Amy. I doubt we would see it, though.

Shamyday ... do you have that word Krys ?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Yeah, if they were to call themselves a couple, I'd want them to stay the way they are. And I love "homo novus" couple!
Me too, Brit. Me too.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilove (View Post)
I wonder if Sheldon thought that he has a kind of relationship with Amy that he hasn't got with anyone else. I still can't say that, because I need to hear something about that possible thought by him. I believe he did, but I need that.

IMO he knows that they are the Homo Novus and the Homo Novus (or Yoko and Yoko ) so I just need to see he wondering that in this season. We only saw reactions when somebody referred Sheldon and Amy are like "something different than what they think they are"(the Sheldon's with Amy by Raj for example) but we didn't see him with something like the kinda sorta boyfriend comment by Amy. I doubt we would see it, though.

Shamyday ... do you have that word Krys ?
Man, I'm popular on here today. No, dont have that one, I will add.

☆Krys ☆
Old 10-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
Man, I'm popular on here today. No, dont have that one, I will add.
You're popular because the Shamycreator of the Shamydictionary were you

I believe (I could swear) somebody posted something about this
Quote:
According to Mayim, "I think what's special about Sheldon and Amy's relationship is both people in this relationship get to really be themselves. We all like to think that when we're in a relationship, we bend, but with these two characters it's not really in their personalities to give at all. But it's still working! And I think that's what's sweet about it. I think we saw a hint that there is no room for much more in their relationship at this point. But I could be wrong!"
Can I suggest for the next titles something like "Because in their relationship they are themselves"?
Old 10-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but I think Yanina was the first to use a Shamyword on :FF:, and I know Brit and I were using Shamywords even before that. Then Krys and/or Gina started putting them into Shamylists.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

But I believe Krys had the idea of the Shamydictionary.
I didn't say that she was the first who used a Shamyword.

Somebody said "Shamydom" I don't know if she was Brit or Yanina.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

I'm pretty sure Yanina came up with Shamydom.

And we should definitely use that as a title at some point, Gina. Another awesome quote from Mayim.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes! You're right, Brit, it started with Shamydom.

And I think Krys founded the Shamylist or Shamyarchives or Shamycompilation. The words don't need defining so it's not really a dictionary.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread