Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmelody77 (View Post)
Rae, not sure what you mean by that. The episode you were referring to is The Desperation Emanation, but I am trying to figure out how that would relate to him finding out about his feelings. Are you saying he would try and hide from Amy once he figures out that he is in love with her? I could see him trying to do that, but let's face it, love is the most powerful of all emotions and no matter how hard he tries, once he has fallen, he won't be able to avoid seeing her.
Yes, that's exactly what i mean. When choosing between a fight or flight response, Sheldon goes for Flight almost every time.

He didn't succeed then and he wouldn't succeed now. In fact his chances of succeeding in running would completely backfire in this hypothetical scenario anyway, because she is so entrenched in his life, he wouldn't know what to do with himself. He'd probably find himself wearing his Tuesday pajamas on a Wednesday for pete's sake. TOTAL ANARCHY.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
The writers have portrayed Sheldon's feelings very ambiguously on purpose. There's enough evidence to justify both repression and suppression. Based on TZS, TFSA, and TLA, I'd say that he usually begins denying things outright until something or someone makes him have to address it or express it externally.

I'd love to see how he would behave around Amy if he's aware he's in love with her but he doesn't tell her right away. I bet it would be very awkward.
Yeah, I bet it would be. Like Rae said, he almost always chooses flight when faced with conflict (whether physical or emotional), so the eye coitus would stop because he'd be too afraid to look into her beautiful green eyes and he would be way too distracted at work....things would just be a mess.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Passionate Fan

TPTB at the show might just have to hire on a new character named Oswald Montserrat to teach Sheldon how to deal with those feelings. Oh my goodness, I would love to see him trying to take "how to pleasure Amy" lessons from a "professional". It would be hilarious!

In all honesty, I agree with you all though. Sheldon chooses flight rather than face feelings. He would get all discombobulated and be unproductive at work and in total chaos at home. Leonard would definitely be noticing and I can see some wonderful Sheldon/Leonard interactions ahead.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I'd love to see how he would behave around Amy if he's aware he's in love with her but he doesn't tell her right away. I bet it would be very awkward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Yes, that's exactly what i mean. When choosing between a fight or flight response, Sheldon goes for Flight almost every time.

He didn't succeed then and he wouldn't succeed now. In fact his chances of succeeding in running would completely backfire in this hypothetical scenario anyway, because she is so entrenched in his life, he wouldn't know what to do with himself. He'd probably find himself wearing his Tuesday pajamas on a Wednesday for pete's sake. TOTAL ANARCHY.
I think these two are related because if ever Sheldon does realize that he's in love with Amy and doesn't tell it to her immediately, I can see that it would be really awkward for him and that he be torn and very distracted. It's like his life would be, as Rae have put it, total Anarchy.

I can even see him waking up and eating cereal instead of oatmeal and then Leonard would notice.
But like in 5.23, I think Leonard would be able to squeeze out info from him as to what's wrong. Maybe this time, he could have some sort of "payback" from Sheldon's not-really-a-slip back at the City Hall when he told the guys about Leonard's coital proposal and this time, tell the guys that "Sheldon's smitten with Amy" when they wonder what's wrong with Whackadoodle.

Then again, I feel I just stated a fanfic scenario.

Carry on.

But before I leave for tonight, I give you guys what I've been working on an hour ago.

Didn't know what to call it so I used Dr. and Dr Cooper instead. I used to think that Amy would keep her surname... but I have a feeling she might not and use Cooper instead.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know what to think about Sheldon saying ILY I know he'll say it first but I don't know how... I think I like him blurting out better but as Moyra said it's ambiguous.

Quote:
"What has this vixen done to me?"
Old 08-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

I know I'm late, but TFTNT and I love the thread title.

Icon taken from Off Duty by ~MrsSpock
Old 08-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

To be fair Mari, we're moving at an incredible rate these days.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
To be fair Mari, we're moving at an incredible rate these days.
Remember before the hiatus we were like: "Oh, hopefully we finish at least 1-2 threads during the hiatus."

Count me in the little boat of "Sheldon will recognize his feelings, he'll just refuse to admit them." If there's a boat. Unless I'm the only one who thinks that. Err. I'm too sleepy to make any more sense.

"If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
Kath/Anthea // fanfiction // tumblr
Old 08-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki-escapist (View Post)
Remember before the hiatus we were like: "Oh, hopefully we finish at least 1-2 threads during the hiatus."

Count me in the little boat of "Sheldon will recognize his feelings, he'll just refuse to admit them." If there's a boat. Unless I'm the only one who thinks that. Err. I'm too sleepy to make any more sense.

Hop on! We can sail this belief together.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
now this i would absolutely love to see
i agree with what y'all are saying - i think he'd maybe keep it bottled up and not know what to do with himself and things would become chaotic for him because he'd be completely thrown off from himself~, then possibly he'd have one of his little outbursts to amy and accidentally let it slip by being all "MY LIFE IS A MESS, I CAN'T CONCENTRATE AT WORK, I CAN'T SLEEP, IT'S HARD TO EAT AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT BECAUSE I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU" (well not these exact words, but you get my drift)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustmelody77 (View Post)
TPTB at the show might just have to hire on a new character named Oswald Montserrat to teach Sheldon how to deal with those feelings. Oh my goodness, I would love to see him trying to take "how to pleasure Amy" lessons from a "professional". It would be hilarious!
omg, i just laughed so loudly. this would be so awkwardly hilarious

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
I don't know what to think about Sheldon saying ILY I know he'll say it first but I don't know how... I think I like him blurting out better but as Moyra said it's ambiguous.
the bolded - i'm 100% in this camp of sheldon will say it first, but it's so fun to speculate how it would all come about
Old 08-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm half on your ship and half off it Kath and Rae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki-escapist (View Post)
Every time we get a new thread I think "this will be our last until hitaus is over.." and then it's just not.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
I'm half on your ship and half off it Kath and Rae.

Every time we get a new thread I think "this will be our last until hitaus is over.." and then it's just not.
right!?

At the rate we're going, we could TOTALLY hit 60 before the start of the season.

At the rate we'er moving now, i'd like to amend my former belief of 100 threads by Christmas.

My new guess is 100 threads by November.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Total Fan

Chloe, hop on to my sailboat. We'll see which ship goes down first.

Sheldon would definitely not be able to look Amy in the eye and he might probably not want to sit too close too her either.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sheldon would definitely not be able to look Amy in the eye and he might probably not want to sit too close too her either.
Most definitely. He's just not going to know how to act.

And I will love him for it.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

I am the buoy in the middle of both of these ships.

Quote:
I can't even imagine how he is going to look when he says it. He'll have so many eye-twitches and shakes.

Quote:
right!?

At the rate we're going, we could TOTALLY hit 60 before the start of the season.

At the rate we'er moving now, i'd like to amend my former belief of 100 threads by Christmas.

My new guess is 100 threads by November.
You go hard, I thought saying 100 by the end of the season was big but I think I'm underestimating everything.

Could we get four more threads in like 28 days? I hope so. What do you think, the almighty time clock?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread