Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Addicted Fan

YAY! TFTNT!!!!!

You know, of all the Shamy scenes, that's the one that I can't watch without cracking up big time. Sheldon's "It's time for me to make love to your daughter's vagina." is my all-time favorite quote of his. The bluntness of that statement coupled with how it sounded like he's on a schedule... That scene never fails to make me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki-escapist (View Post)
I like a combination of these two. Just as I think Sheldon has always subconsciously believed that he will meet Amy, the "second member of his species" (to quote Leonard), he subconsciously knows that he's mated to Amy.

And of course, she's his one and only exception.
Yes. That's it. Also, that's probably what he was thinking that he even proposed to Amy/asked Amy.

Oh, no bubbles needed to be burst here, I'm aware of his bazinga at the end. But, aren't jokes half meant?

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pammieomana (View Post)
TFTNT!!

When I saw the photo, I remembered that Sheldon joked Amy that they should actually engage in coitus at least one time in their relationship. He said Bazinga!, right? But do you think the term saying "jokes are half meant" is appropriate here?..
Pammie! yes, that's exactly what I was thinking!

Last edited by rubyanjel; 08-30-2012 at 11:17 PM
Old 08-31-2012, 01:21 AM
New Fan

TFTNT

That scene is my favorite comedic scene between the two, I'd have to say. Just the way he says everything so bluntly and the "it's a wonder neither of us has been hurt." I crack up every time.

And yes to jokes half meant. I can't remember who exactly it was who brought it up, but Sheldon waits until Amy gives him a look before the bazinga as well.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Pammie! yes, that's exactly what I was thinking!
If we are going to analyze things, The coitus is possible, but after Penny said she will tell that to his mother,, that made Sheldon changed his mind about having a child with Amy... I dunno if I should hate Penny for saying that..

I'm so digging the SHAMY
Old 08-31-2012, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)
But, aren't jokes half meant?
I hope not, otherwise I am a very mean person.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:14 AM
New Fan

I'm currently spending my time watching dozens of interviews and stumbled upon this one (2009 Jim Parsons tackles about Sheldon - Penny Romance, the virginity thing and more!! - EW - YouTube) in which Jim predicts what kind of woman would have to appear in Sheldon's life if he ever were to fall in love with one (Interview is after the second season).
I just find it so fascinating how accurate Jim described Amy even though there were no plans for someone like her to be in the show. He says that the "special lady" has better be armed with a frying pan, hit Sheldon with it and tell him that he is attracted to her, which is exactly what Amy is doing...just not in such an violent way.
And I also really really hope that there will be an episode, just like Jim explained, in which Sheldon tries to find the physical problem when he finally starts to realize that he fell in love with Amy, that would be so hilarious. (And to be honest a bit fanfictiony, but as if that would matter! )
Old 08-31-2012, 08:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aigis (View Post)
I'm currently spending my time watching dozens of interviews and stumbled upon this one (2009 Jim Parsons tackles about Sheldon - Penny Romance, the virginity thing and more!! - EW - YouTube) in which Jim predicts what kind of woman would have to appear in Sheldon's life if he ever were to fall in love with one (Interview is after the second season).
I just find it so fascinating how accurate Jim described Amy even though there were no plans for someone like her to be in the show. He says that the "special lady" has better be armed with a frying pan, hit Sheldon with it and tell him that he is attracted to her, which is exactly what Amy is doing...just not in such an violent way.
Indeed. It just proves what an amazing job the writers are doing at keeping things in character for Sheldon, and the woman who would eventually capture his heart.

Quote:
And I also really really hope that there will be an episode, just like Jim explained, in which Sheldon tries to find the physical problem when he finally starts to realize that he fell in love with Amy, that would be so hilarious. (And to be honest a bit fanfictiony, but as if that would matter! )

I would love this, too. I've said this about a lot of things regarding Shamy, but I definitely think this could be accomplished in a humorous way and still be a sweet "self-discovery"-type moment for Sheldon.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aigis (View Post)
Loved this interview. You are right, he was fairly spot on in predicting a love interest for him. I also like that he makes it clear that Sheldon and Penny are not meant to be romantically linked. But I really hope that the part in bold starts happening this season. I want to see him try and get explanations for what he is feeling from a medical sense, but Leonard and others will start to realize he is feeling arousal or physical attraction.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Total Fan

They have explored the funny side of diagnosing symptoms in TAPH. In that case, it was Amy's sexual arousal and Sheldon actually included sexual arousal in the possible explanations for the symptoms. I was a bit surprised at first that he would be able to recognize the symptoms but then again, he has theoretical knowledge of everything and he said that sexual arousal was 'a cross we must all bear'.

When it comes to falling in love, I think he will have to be told by someone that he's already screwed, since he's not much in touch with his emotions. I'll be shocked if he figures that out on his own.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
When it comes to falling in love, I think he will have to be told by someone that he's already screwed, since he's not much in touch with his emotions. I'll be shocked if he figures that out on his own.
Agreed. And the bold part totally made me laugh, because that is definitely how he will see it.

Then again, he was able to recognize that Amy's experiment was working ("How do I make it stop.") So maybe we're understimating him.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Total Fan

He's been able to recognize that Amy makes him happy, but so does his mom's fried chicken. I was referring to his ability to figure out that he's in love.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

I guess that all depends on how you think Sheldon is with feelings (whether he suppresses, represses, or both). I have mixed feelings.

I'm almost more inclined to believe that he'll "know" that he's in love but will deny it to himself and everyone else until the bitter end.

(And as I recall, my viewpoint here is in the minority. )
Old 08-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Total Fan

The writers have portrayed Sheldon's feelings very ambiguously on purpose. There's enough evidence to justify both repression and suppression. Based on TZS, TFSA, and TLA, I'd say that he usually begins denying things outright until something or someone makes him have to address it or express it externally.

I'd love to see how he would behave around Amy if he's aware he's in love with her but he doesn't tell her right away. I bet it would be very awkward.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Rae, I think you are right. I think he will know, but will:
1. Try and rationalize that it is indeed a physical probem and when that fails;
2. Will try to deny to it himself and everyone else;
3. Will finally seek advice from Mary Cooper/Leonard/Penny;
4. Will eventually have to admit it, but it won't likely be done very romantically, but more as a burden (while inside he is loving being in love, but would never admit that, even to himself).
Old 08-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
The writers have portrayed Sheldon's feelings very ambiguously on purpose. There's enough evidence to justify both repression and suppression. Based on TZS, TFSA, and TLA, I'd say that he usually begins denying things outright until something or someone makes him have to address it or express it externally.

I'd love to see how he would behave around Amy if he's aware he's in love with her but he doesn't tell her right away. I bet it would be very awkward.
Even though I doubt the writers would do a complete repeat of an episode, I can see him reacting almost like he did in [insert name of episode I can't remember the name of here] when he tried the ole "unibomber" approach to hiding from her.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Rae, not sure what you mean by that. The episode you were referring to is The Desperation Emanation, but I am trying to figure out how that would relate to him finding out about his feelings. Are you saying he would try and hide from Amy once he figures out that he is in love with her? I could see him trying to do that, but let's face it, love is the most powerful of all emotions and no matter how hard he tries, once he has fallen, he won't be able to avoid seeing her.