Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 04:37 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamyfan30 (View Post)
what's the episode called? i lost track as my uk channel just started showing the season again from were it left off. the one were amy dressed in star trek stuff
Oh, the episode for this week is called The Launch Acceleration, episode 5.23.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT! I adore this title!

Didn't get a chance to say this last night, but these two were simply amazing. Amy being so incredibly adorable with her looks and smiles as she worked to make Sheldon happy and um FREAKING INCREASE HIS ALREADY EXISTENT FEELING FOR HER AND IT'S WORKING! And I love how Sheldon is so conflicted in not wanting Amy to succeed, but at the same time loving everything she's doing.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Guys, there are so many juicy little nuggets in this episode that I haven't even appreciated...

When I rewatch maybe the 10th time, then I may be able to come pick up on them....

And I dare say that TLA may rival (or surpass) THGG & TFSA as my fave Shamy eps...
Old 05-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

thanks guys
Old 05-04-2012, 06:38 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)
from the last thread:

Not-so-innocent Moyra is not-so-innocent anymore. Has the book been giving you nightmares too?

HEADS UP!

*splashes water over Moyraticon's head*

Hey wait, Moyraticon sounds better than Moyracon.
Thanks, Anjel. I needed that if only to wake me up this morning. I didn't sleep last night (I need serious help!) and I am still bursting out laughing every time I think of the tag scene. It is not very professional behavior at the client site, I tell you. Thankfully, I am leaving work early.

Pom!!! - I'm so sad that your internet speed is not satisfactory. Dear Universe, please fix it ASAP! I hope that you can at least watch individual clips at some point.

Mari - Completely agree with you that Sheldon didn't get the not so innocent aspects of their role playing. He probably knew he was having a lot of feelings (of happiness - get your mind out of the gutter, people!) and he didn't like it. On the other hand, Amy's demeanor in that scene tells me that she knew exactly what she was doing and she was unabashedly enjoying it.

In other news, I loved that there was not one single mention of Kolinahr in this episode. I wonder if it even crossed Shelly's mind to use it, hmmmm.

Last but not least, this is where you can find me now:
---> <---

Old 05-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-terso (View Post)
I LOVED this episode! Sheldon is not falling for Amy.. he already fell for her a long time ago, he's only realizing it now and that is so fnjdmdfklfmffblfldnfkglfmfn
YES, this is exactly my POV and ugh i just have so many feelings about this

i think sheldon just needs that little extra push, as it were, when it comes to these kinds of things that he maybe doesn't understand as much, or at all, or has been swayed from because of the way he was brought up. but yeah, i just afhjsdf

i could write an essay on their relationship, but i'm still honestly trying to process that amazing episode!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, Shamy is growing up it's sweet. I think Sheldon is becoming a man cause he would never have talked to Leonard about Amy before this episode so he's really relying on his advice which is great character growth for Sheldon.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 05-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, Sheldon's turned on by Amy. He's not necessarily lusty for her but this kinda leads him to that path. His description of Amy is pretty funny, sounds like something Sheldon Cooper would say. Can't imagine him saying that about her butt or anything like that.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh guys! I'm at school and still can't believe the perfection of this episode. I'm floating in shamyheaven.

Your posts are all amazing. I have nothing to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots
TFTNT! I adore this title!

Didn't get a chance to say this last night, but these two were simply amazing. Amy being so incredibly adorable with her looks and smiles as she worked to make Sheldon happy and um FREAKING INCREASE HIS ALREADY EXISTENT FEELING FOR HER AND IT'S WORKING! And I love how Sheldon is so conflicted in not wanting Amy to succeed, but at the same time loving everything she's doing.
I noticed that bolded part, too, since the promo came out... He stated it. "... Increase my feelings for her ...". He already had feelings for her, and she tried to increase them (and succeded). I admire Amy so much. She's WONDERFUL. But IMO it was about time. I can't remember the equivalent saying in english (spanish girls, help!), but what Amy did... "fué la gota que derramó el vaso"

• alee | twitter: itsaleeb
Old 05-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by npharris (View Post)
i could write an essay on their relationship, but i'm still honestly trying to process that amazing episode!
HA! Don't we all want to write an essay by this point? and a meaningful one? Obviously our essay would not be just about how canon they are .*roll eyes*
Old 05-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitaah (View Post)
But IMO it was about time. I can't remember the equivalent saying in english (spanish girls, help!), but what Amy did... "fué la gota que derramó el vaso"
The equivalent phrase is "the straw that broke the camel's back" which is nothing like what the literal translation would be, btw.

I also liked how he said that he was having "affectionate feelings at innapropriate times" because it kind of implies that he already had them but they weren't unexpectedly bubbling up yet.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani

The equivalent phrase is "the straw that broke the camel's back" which is nothing like what the literal translation would be, btw.

I also liked how he said that he was having "affectionate feelings at innapropriate times" because it kind of implies that he already had them but they weren't unexpectedly bubbling up yet.
Gracias Moyra!

I know! That line was my favorite. I started crying when he said he had affectionate feelings for her, and then started laughing with "at innapropiate times". My feelings were all messed up.

• alee | twitter: itsaleeb
Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Good morning Shamyland! Like Moyra, I didn't sleep much last night (TWINS I TELL YOU!). It took me an hour to fall asleep and I woke up 1/2 an hour early. Oh and as I was falling asleep, I had Coldplay's "Paradise" stuck in the background of my head as I thought of Shamy...subconscious anyone??

I'm totally of the belief that Amy was the initiater of the Star Trek Doctor. As was stated, Sheldon wasn't in costume and she was far to happy about it. I'm still mowed down by the "I'm in Hell Leonard" and "Don't Stop".

As for the haters, I'm betting that the fact that Amy used Spaghetti with Little Hot Dogs is a huge part of the hate. If I were a Shenny shipper, I'd see that as a Shenny thing, and Amy using it would not make me happy. Not saying I agree with the haters, only that I don't find it surprising that they'd be upset.

I still have no real analysis to give becuase I'm STILL incoherant about the episode...

Although, I did want to say that, while I think it was obvious that Amy's seduction is working, I don't think that this means Sheldon is anywhere near ready for sex. After all, the book apparently gave him nightmares (). But Amy definitely has gotten the ball rolling, Sheldon is heading ever more into "Romantic Love" (as defined by Meg).

Edit:
OH! I nearly forgot. What's this about Amy's Pale Shoulders??? When in the world has Sheldon seen Amy's shoulders!? The woman wears 3 layers ALL. THE. TIME.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Edit:
OH! I nearly forgot. What's this about Amy's Pale Shoulders??? When in the world has Sheldon seen Amy's shoulders!? The woman wears 3 layers ALL. THE. TIME.
Exactly!!!

The particles morphing into Amy's dandruff cascading down her pale, slightly hunched shoulders....

&

Tall, Lanky....skin has that pale waxy quality...

Shamy - Pale & Proud!

Old 05-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Total Fan

Hey Rae! I'm going to call you my "sister from another mister" from now on!

I agree that the spaghetti with cut up hot dogs is a big factor in all the backslash. The P/S interaction has been severely reduced this season and they even took away the hug in THE. I would be pissed too if I were a Shenny shipper. I could see why they are taking it like a personal diss from the writers although I totally disagree that the writers are doing it on purpose. The writers are aware of the different fan bases but I doubt they go into the war room thinking "what can we do today to destroy X shippers dreams or build up Y shippers dreams?". They just seem to have long term goals for each character and are trying to work their way towards them.

The pale shoulders comment was awesome precisely because he is obviously imagining them. More proof that some times wearing more clothing is actually more effective than less clothing for seduction.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread