Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie Garcia (View Post)
May I please be added to the list?

I'm no good at analyzation, but I definitely agree with all the points made about Shamy in this thread!
Welcome, Melanie! Added you!

Quote:
I agree that (left to his own devices) he could easily be in a platonic relationship with her forever. But I think one of the great things about Amy is that she challenges him, either directly (you need to treat me better) or subtly (she goes on a date with Stuart, forcing him to comfront how he feels about her).
This is very true and so frustrating for me at the same time, but I know that it is totally in character for Sheldon to love the status quo and Amy to be the one to move things forward. Some people say she's being pushy and controlling, but Sheldon would never be the one to pursue anyone, not without external motivation (Stuart in this case). I hope that he eventually comes to a point where he recognizes that he wants the progression and takes a bit of action on his own instead of letting Amy do most of the pursuing.
moyrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
This is very true and so frustrating for me at the same time, but I know that it is totally in character for Sheldon to love the status quo and Amy to be the one to move things forward. Some people say she's being pushy and controlling, but Sheldon would never be the one to pursue anyone, not without external motivation (Stuart in this case). I hope that he eventually comes to a point where he recognizes that he wants the progression and takes a bit of action on his own instead of letting Amy do most of the pursuing.
Yeah, it's not her being pushy and controlling-I mean she's so grateful to be dating him you could argue that in a way she is whipped-I think everyone here, myself including, would argue Sheldon is, but with her comments to Penny - I'm dating Sheldon Cooper! - that hardly sounds like someone who needs to be in control to get her way. She wants to move forward, yes, but she's not being forceful about it because it is a caring relationship. Like in Flaming Spittoon, she wanted to be his girlfriend and he wasn't getting them there, and her asking would probably just bring out more "I like this level!" so she began spending time with someone who could giver her the 'girlfriend' status. And then she gave Sheldon a choice-you can be with me as a boyfriend, or we're going to stay at the level you like, but I'll be at that next level with someone else. Just because he chose to move them forward and make them exclusive doesn't make her controlling, it just shows they both want the same thing.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Yeah, it's not her being pushy and controlling-I mean she's so grateful to be dating him you could argue that in a way she is whipped-I think everyone here, myself including, would argue Sheldon is, but with her comments to Penny - I'm dating Sheldon Cooper! - that hardly sounds like someone who needs to be in control to get her way. She wants to move forward, yes, but she's not being forceful about it because it is a caring relationship. Like in Flaming Spittoon, she wanted to be his girlfriend and he wasn't getting them there, and her asking would probably just bring out more "I like this level!" so she began spending time with someone who could giver her the 'girlfriend' status. And then she gave Sheldon a choice-you can be with me as a boyfriend, or we're going to stay at the level you like, but I'll be at that next level with someone else. Just because he chose to move them forward and make them exclusive doesn't make her controlling, it just shows they both want the same thing.
I think that Amy is totally whipped for him, but she doesn't want to scare him off so she tends to keep her feelings in check....
Old 05-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirubreezy (View Post)
I think that Amy is totally whipped for him, but she doesn't want to scare him off so she tends to keep her feelings in check....
Yeah, and by not coming on too strong, plus everything else that she has that he values, he's also whipped for her, not aware of her "whipped" status for him.j I'd love for both of them to realize it and get in a 'battle of wills' on to who is more whipped.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Good Morning Nerdmigas.
Yall have been some busy bees lately. Love the detailed anaysis.

We have remember that Amy and Sheldon have never been a romantic relationship. When we first met Amy, she did not believe in "falling in love"
She had not in interest in Sheldon really, till she started hanging out with Amy and Bernadette and seeing their relationships.
Maybe Amy always longed for love but finally gave up, after time you kinda give up on love and devote yourself into something else such as work.

Sheldon also. He has never had a need to be associated with someone romantic because there was no need or someone who is at the same level as him. He devoted his life to science. Sheldon sees Amy as an equal. That what makes her special.

Both are basically teenager but in adult form. They are both finally coming into pubery, even our little Shelly. We all remember our first love. Silly love crazy school girls. We went in head first. But with Amy, she knows if she pushes too hard, Sheldon will run. She takes what she can get from him, for now, and appreciates that. Something better than nothing.

Hopefully, Sheldon sees that that he can have both the love of science and Amy.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Yeah, and by not coming on too strong, plus everything else that she has that he values, he's also whipped for her, not aware of her "whipped" status for him.j I'd love for both of them to realize it and get in a 'battle of wills' on to who is more whipped.
Based on reactions, I'm going with Sheldon, if only because we know the extent of Amy's being "whipped" [the gushing, the letting him go, the harp] while I'm willing to bet what we've seen with Sheldon so far [25 cats, tiara, sorry, searching Pasadena for her aunt's gift] is only the tip of the iceberg.

Though, I'd like to say, neither, because when their dynamic comes to play, they end up on equal footing. I'm sure Amy CAN push Sheldon to doing anything he doesn't want to do, but she WON'T, and that's what makes her perfect for him.

"If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
Kath/Anthea // fanfiction // tumblr
genki-escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think that's what we all want really. That's really... that's our pie in the sky.
xmarisolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Total Fan

Yeah, it's kind of funny. The people that call her pushy and complain that she really isn't interested in Sheldon that way (because, you know, she really wants Penny or anyone who is willing to satisfy her sexually ) are the same people that call her whiny when she is waxing poetic about Sheldon in TWV. She just can't win for some people.

Based on the promos, people are saying she's being manipulative for using her knowledge of his likes to trigger feelings in him. IMO, she's never made Sheldon done anything he's completely uncomfortable with. She asks and tests the waters. If he doesn't get it or he's not ready, she retreats. She really is very patient and knows how to handle him, a true baby deer whisperer, if you will.
moyrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yeah, it's kind of funny. The people that call her pushy and complain that she really isn't interested in Sheldon that way (because, you know, she really wants Penny or anyone who is willing to satisfy her sexually ) are the same people that call her whiny when she is waxing poetic about Sheldon in TWV. She just can't win for some people.
Boo-hoo. If you've already determined that you'll hate a character, no matter how they are portrayed or develop, for tangential reasons, then you'll hate them.

Quote:
Based on the promos, people are saying she's being manipulative for using her knowledge of his likes to trigger feelings in him. IMO, she's never made Sheldon done anything he's completely uncomfortable with. She asks and tests the waters. If he doesn't get it or he's not ready, she retreats. She really is very patient and knows how to handle him, a true baby deer whisperer, if you will.
Why am I not surprised? Oh, maybe because we're in a fandom that has a faction that calls Leonard "the evil jerk who makes poor, sensitive, innocent Sheldon suffer and sabotages his work and never thinks of what he feels," conveniently forgetting EVERYTHING ELSE that Leonard has ever done for him. Psh.

And following that ridiculous argument, if taking into account your lover's likes makes Amy manipulative, then ALL good boyfriends/girlfriends are manipulative. How silly. Let's just all be terrible boyfriends/girlfriends and not put any effort into our relationships shall we?

"If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
Kath/Anthea // fanfiction // tumblr
genki-escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Sometimes it's difficult for me to see them as a couple because of how different they are in the relationship compared to most people. I mean, it started with Sheldon taking the initiative of asking Amy to be her boyfriend but the with the relationship agreement, it gives them very little options however at the same time he doesn't follow that 100% neither does he always care whether Amy breaks those rules or not. Sheldon can probably tolerate the hugging and kissing more than he actually thinks.

Though, they spend time together a lot and have plenty activities along those date nights. They also have so many unique things they do as a couple. But it's just my own personal opinion that I see them that way. I see them as best friends and not so much of an actual couple. If anything, they may be going very slow in their relationship but hopefully in TLA, things will speed up a bit.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sprinkles (View Post)
Sometimes it's difficult for me to see them as a couple because of how different they are in the relationship compared to most people. I mean, it started with Sheldon taking the initiative of asking Amy to be her boyfriend but the with the relationship agreement, it gives them very little options however at the same time he doesn't follow that 100% neither does he always care whether Amy breaks those rules or not. Sheldon can probably tolerate the hugging and kissing more than he actually thinks.

Though, they spend time together a lot and have plenty activities along those date nights. They also have so many unique things they do as a couple. But it's just my own personal opinion that I see them that way. I see them as best friends and not so much of an actual couple. If anything, they may be going very slow in their relationship but hopefully in TLA, things will speed up a bit.
He's best friends with Leonard imo, lol...Amy provides him something different....extra.....which he needs (whether he acknowledges it or not), why is why he's decided to keep her in his life....he wasn't lacking of friends....or a best friend for that matter....

Their Shamy romance is so different than conventional romances that its sometimes very hard to wrap our heads around what they deem 'romantic' and 'hot' - ala going to the science center or working in the lab together or Sheldon finding 'mutual indemnification' romantic....
Old 05-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Sheldon is very lucky to have Amy who will wait for him.

I don't really like this universe he's living in though.

In this universe he has where it's perfectly ok for him to stop Amy from having sex with anyone other than him, but not have sex with her. He needs to realize that he can't have it all.. Either give Amy away or do it yourself, the toothbrush won't keep her happy forever. One day she will most likely leave. She can't wait forever, either.

Step into reality, Sheldon!

I'm hoping that this is slightly addressed in the new ep, seeing as Amy wants to ''make their realtionship move quicker''.

I'm sorry if none of this makes sense.

And yes, they are both seriously...*whip*.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
Sheldon is very lucky to have Amy who will wait for him.

I don't really like this universe he's living in though.

In this universe he has where it's perfectly ok for him to stop Amy from having sex with anyone other than him, but not have sex with her. He needs to realize that he can't have it all.. Either give Amy away or do it yourself, the toothbrush won't keep her happy forever. One day she will most likely leave. She can't wait forever, either.

Step into reality, Sheldon!

I'm hoping that this is slightly addressed in the new ep, seeing as Amy wants to ''make their realtionship move quicker''.

I'm sorry if none of this makes sense.

And yes, they are both seriously...*whip*.
the bold part... it reminds me of A LOT of Shamy fanfics out there. A LOT.
The situation being him letting go of her because she cannot control her sexual urges or he try to learn how to ease her himself to be able to keep her at the same time.

I hope I'm not coming off as rude but I both agree and disagree with what you said. He IS lucky she is willing to wait for him, but I am convinced that Amy, like what Mayim has said before, is willing to do things for him to keep him happy (and that is within the context of this upcoming episode based on the promo, actually), If waiting for him is what he needs and what will make him happy, then she will gladly comply. It has been mentioned before that she has not force him to do anything that he doesn't want to do and most likely she won't try to make him feel uncomfortable as to making have coitus with her [soon, given a timeframe].

I would like to mention the posts of the twin units about them BOTH wanting IT. (If you don't know what it means, you may borrow the book from Moyra. I think she's reading it). I guess we can proceed from there.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Moyra, Kath, Kiru:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki-escapist (View Post)

I sure did, because Sokka's great and ATLA is fantastic!!!
WORD. And now we have ATLK!!!!!! you should had seen the meltdown we had at home when Katara mentioned her brother in the first episode!

Ahem, Ok, no more OTness

Girls, this is so difficult!, I almost want to quote the 80% of the posts of the thread and agree and discuss and everything, but since it's not possible, just a big applause for you all!

I'm predicting there will be a lot to talk after today's ep (I'm not spoiled, I'm just guessing!), but you are not saved, after the waters calm down, I'm sure I'll have to bring back some of the topics you have already discussed, so you guys are warned

Now, after watching last weeks episode, I can't help but agree with whoever said it was a fine example of Sheldon bein Amy-fied and Amy being Sheldon-ized.

I mean, he was trying to blend in??????, he was embracing social conventions and wanting to be just "one of the guys"?
In the other hand, Amy was being Sheldonesquely awkward, having to be lectured and guided by someone (Penny is her Leonard) and being happy for others mainly because of selfish motives? (her laugh when Howardette reconciled almost made by itself an already solid episode for me, Mayim, you are genius!)
Rockyele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)

I would like to mention the posts of the twin units about them BOTH wanting IT. (If you don't know what it means, you may borrow the book from Moyra. I think she's reading it). I guess we can proceed from there.
Although I don't need the book, I'd still like to read it. Anyone else?

I agree, Amy will wait but not forever. And yes I think we might be slowly getting there with him being sexually attracted to universes.

Oh my god it just hit me... Amy needs to wear one of these!!!! (I honestly can't believe I've never said this before)

http://iwantyourstyle.files.wordpres...11/11/bmc1.jpg

Reply   Post New Thread