Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmarisolx (View Post)
Who knows? Not me. I know nothing.
I'm hearing this in a voice that says: "I actually know."

I don't know, Sheldon and Amy are just so happy with each other that I want to see the ILY come in a happy moment rather than a troubled one. Probably not in a cutesy, giggly, lovey-dovey fashion, and not during some hyper exciting event, but in some moment that they're enjoying each other's company, smiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)
Gah. I'm just so obsessed right now I'm like a shamysponge. Whatever they throw at me, I simply absorb it and bask in its wonderful glory.
Tell me about it. I may go on about my ideal scenarios, but whatever plays out between the Shamy in the future, it'll probably turn out well and I'll probably melt anyway.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki-escapist (View Post)
I don't know, Sheldon and Amy are just so happy with each other that I want to see the ILY come in a happy moment rather than a troubled one. Probably not in a cutesy, giggly, lovey-dovey fashion, and not during some hyper exciting event, but in some moment that they're enjoying each other's company, smiling.
Awww that's a nice thought.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Oh, quite right. I do think that the ILYs will not just be something of an instantaneous L-bombing from the Shamy. It will definitely be caused by somethings. Oooooor what Marisol said, maybe the puppy-dogged and cute?
I, too would love to see the ILY come from them having to go through something together. I mean, we have already seen so many times how well they both help each other when going through whatever crisis they are dealing with in their own lives.

*This is why it is so hard for me to see them breaking up. I can't imagine too many issues that can come up that they wouldn't manage to deal with logically and sensibly, without too many emotions getting thrown around and feelings getting hurt. I think that is what makes them perfect together, and honestly is what makes Sheldon such a great boyfriend IMO. He is so blunt and matter of fact, that he just deals with their issues without all the silly problems that go along with feelings being involved in every issue. That is also why I think the pragmatism of the Relationship Agreement makes my heart melt--because it works.*

Anywho, getting back on track now, sorry for the slight derailment

Having said all that, as much as I would love to see some grand romantic moment where they finally submit to their feelings and whatnot, I think I would also really be happy with the ILY (at least from Sheldon's POV) not really being a big deal. When considering how (sometimes surprisingly) blunt he is, I could totally see, for instance, Amy saying ILY, and Sheldon being like, "Of course you do, the feeling is mutual." and then just going on with whatever they're doing, not realizing what a big deal it was.

But I don't know. Sheldon is so finicky, it's hard to say what I would want or like to think would happen. He could be so pragmatic and logical about it, or he could totally do a nosedive and freak out at the thought of coming to terms with those feelings.

His character is built on predictability and routine, but Amy makes behave so unpredictably. I suspect that is going to be one of the next big issues we see him deal with-- this apparent change in the routine and order that he has built for himself over these years. I am predicting a meltdown,which is always funny with Sheldon, but may actually provide an essential bonding moment between him and Amy that could certainly lead to an ILY, or something like it.

Quote:
Gah. I'm just so obsessed right now I'm like a shamysponge. Whatever they throw at me, I simply absorb it and bask in its wonderful glory.
I definitely share the obsession. With all of this anticipation, my mind goes bonkers.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:46 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Was that kind soul named Pomita?
Yes, I think so. Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed the T-shirt. I spazzed when I saw that. Our Shelly is SO in love.

As for the break-up discussion... I don't know. I don't want it to happen, but it might be inevitable. I don't think it will happen THIS season though. Break-ups and make-ups are common on sit-coms, and I feel like it is going to take something dramatic like the thought of losing Amy to get Sheldon to realize and vocalize his feelings for her. However, I really do think Amy and Sheldon will be the endgame and I have every confidence that they will find their way back together if that happens. How could they NOT be the endgame? They are soulmates, after all.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Wow. Just wow. I love waking up to all this. Seriously, I hated having to come in to work today (because, despite still feeling ill, it was a day I couldn't miss), but now I'm feeling so much better. I just LOVE how one teeny tiny little thing like a t-shirt can send us all into a tailspin.

I totally agree that they have deliberately been dropping Shamy hints throughout the season. They did this last season to an extent, but I hadn't thought about it until the Jim/Mayim interview when he was talking about how he noticed that Sheldon didn't mind being Amy's experiment. Now that I have been made aware, I'm going to be watching like a hawk. I really have absolutely no idea where the writers are going with this, but I do agree it's bound to be momentous and perhaps something we don't expect.

And lastly, Welcome new Shamy lovers! Please stay and contribute to this thread! I LOVE hearing what everyone thinks!

And question for Jules...this could be a total coincidence, but there's a "Jules" over on the Popcandy Blog...is that you?
Old 02-17-2012, 09:03 AM
New Fan

Quote:
And question for Jules...this could be a total coincidence, but there's a "Jules" over on the Popcandy Blog...is that you?
No, that is not me.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmarisolx (View Post)
Awww that's a nice thought.
Their relationship is one of the few things either of them are really glowingly happy about, I'd hate to see it become a source of pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules0489 (View Post)
Yes, I think so. Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed the T-shirt. I spazzed when I saw that. Our Shelly is SO in love.

As for the break-up discussion... I don't know. I don't want it to happen, but it might be inevitable. I don't think it will happen THIS season though. Break-ups and make-ups are common on sit-coms, and I feel like it is going to take something dramatic like the thought of losing Amy to get Sheldon to realize and vocalize his feelings for her. However, I really do think Amy and Sheldon will be the endgame and I have every confidence that they will find their way back together if that happens. How could they NOT be the endgame? They are soulmates, after all.

Oh myyyyy, if Pomita was here I'd make her a virtual sandwich.

Hmm, this break-up thing--I really hate thinking about it. Not simply because Shamy is my OTP, but because I can't imagine how it's going to be handled this time. Not after Sheldon's 25 cats from the first "break-up." What is he going to do this time? [Although, I have to admit it would be interesting to see how Amy will react to a breakup. She didn't appear as bothered as Sheldon the last time... or was that her reserving her feelings and keeping them in check?]

If a breakup DOES happen though, I'm betting on Sheldon initiating it. Most people seem to expect Amy will do it [and because of the non-physicality or lack of intimacy in their relationship], but I have a feeling that he's more likely to be overwhelmed by his emotions and how fast the relationship has developed and how much he has changed and then blame her for it... and try to bring his life "back to order" by removing the source of chaos [Amy].

I too have no doubt that they will find a way back to each other if it happens anyway. But I prefer the idea of Sheldon and Amy working through their relationship together, instead of giving up on it at some point.

Anyway, yeah, they're endgame.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Addicted Fan

I've been spending the past hour or so looking for Sheldon's shirt online. Nope. Not even in Thinkgeek, where I saw his melting Rubik's shirt.

I am just determined to know where the heck is the shirt from or what's it called there at the store. I know I'm crazy but it feels like it's a clue to some sort of treasure.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

For those wishing to have a little fluff in their life, I present my next chapter. And no worries, there is no cliff hanger in this one.

The Relationship Evolution Ch. 5
Old 02-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
For those wishing to have a little fluff in their life, I present my next chapter. And no worries, there is no cliff hanger in this one.

The Relationship Evolution Ch. 5
*Throws head in all directions* OH MY GOSH YEY! THANK YOU!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
*Throws head in all directions* OH MY GOSH YEY! THANK YOU!
Just remember to review

I forgot to put that at the end of this chapter...hopefully by now all my frantic "REVIEW REVIEW!" at the end of prior chapters will have sunk in.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:21 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki-escapist (View Post)
Their relationship is one of the few things either of them are really glowingly happy about, I'd hate to see it become a source of pain.

Oh myyyyy, if Pomita was here I'd make her a virtual sandwich.

Hmm, this break-up thing--I really hate thinking about it. Not simply because Shamy is my OTP, but because I can't imagine how it's going to be handled this time. Not after Sheldon's 25 cats from the first "break-up." What is he going to do this time? [Although, I have to admit it would be interesting to see how Amy will react to a breakup. She didn't appear as bothered as Sheldon the last time... or was that her reserving her feelings and keeping them in check?]

If a breakup DOES happen though, I'm betting on Sheldon initiating it. Most people seem to expect Amy will do it [and because of the non-physicality or lack of intimacy in their relationship], but I have a feeling that he's more likely to be overwhelmed by his emotions and how fast the relationship has developed and how much he has changed and then blame her for it... and try to bring his life "back to order" by removing the source of chaos [Amy].

I too have no doubt that they will find a way back to each other if it happens anyway. But I prefer the idea of Sheldon and Amy working through their relationship together, instead of giving up on it at some point.

Anyway, yeah, they're endgame.
I completely agree. I think a break-up at this point would shatter both of them. They have become so entwined in each others' lives. TBTB have been dropping hints all over the place that Sheldon loves her but that he just doesn't realize it yet. Once he DOES realize it, those feelings might scare him into pushing her away. But then Penny or Leonard will help him see the light and he will try and get Amy back. My guess is that a third party may be involved as well. A character that will be used as a catalyst for Sheldon to fight for her and realize how much he loves her and wants her... like Prince Faisal or even Kripke. lol.

I just hope TBTB know what a treasure they have in Shamy. Their relationship is so unique and special, and so unlike any other relationship I have ever seen in scripted television. The thought that two people could fall in love with each other without the pressures of sex being involved is a rare and beautiful thing. And once they finally get to that physical intimacy, it will be all the more special because they have that strong mental connection from which to build on. Awww. Shamy.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Loyal Fan

I want that shirt.
I think that the only way for Sheldon to come to realise his feelings is feel like hes going to loose Amy, or threatened by another mans affection to Amy.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMY FAN
I want that shirt.
I think that the only way for Sheldon to come to realise his feelings is feel like hes going to loose Amy, or threatened by another mans affection to Amy.

Affection from another man is what caused Sheldon to ask her to be his girlfriend to begin with. So, yeah it may take jealousy to get him to say ILY or to admit it to himself.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMY FAN (View Post)
I want that shirt.

I think you are probably right about this. I hope that whatever it is doesn't get too heavy or angsty, but I doubt it will...it's not that kind of show. I definitely think something big needs to happen to sort of jolt Sheldon towards getting there. They just seem so comfortable right now, so he has no need to move any further ( consciously at least...we can all see him moving at super speed unconsciously).

I tend to think though that it might not be a big event with Amy that makes Sheldon sort of snap and realize his feelings, but instead that he has been dealing with all of this internally all season (hence the subtle clues we see). If this is the case, then at some level he is aware of the changes he is experiencing,but suppressing it (however it's pretty difficult even for Sheldon to hide him being in love, it's radiating from both of them). What I'm trying to get to is that I think it might take some small event that may not even have anything to do with Amy to set him off and start the snowball of him dealing with not only his personal development but also his realized feelings for Amy. I think we are going to see a lot of Sheldon acting out and being super crazy (which is always gold). And where does he go after he gets done riding the crazy train? He goes to Amy of course...she is what always grounds him.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread