Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki-escapist (View Post)
Oh, you mean Prince Faisal?

Personally I want a showdown of cowboy hats versus desert veils, spurs versus curly toed shoes, pistols vs scimitars, horses vs. camels. Cowboy!Sheldon, mrowl!
I have actually been thinking on this for a long long long time, not only for Sheldon's reaction but the whole gang, specially the girls, and even more if prince Faisal looked like, hmm Prince Sheikh Hamdan (the Crown Prince of Dubai), this is him

(also, every excuse is a good excuse for looking at pictures from this guy isn't it?) also, did I mention he is a real Prince...

all right, BRB, have to go fantasazing a bit about travelling to Dubai..
Old 02-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
I have actually been thinking on this for a long long long time, not only for Sheldon's reaction but the whole gang, specially the girls, and even more if prince Faisal looked like, hmm Prince Sheikh Hamdan (the Crown Prince of Dubai), this is him

(also, every excuse is a good excuse for looking at pictures from this guy isn't it?) also, did I mention he is a real Prince...

all right, BRB, have to go fantasazing a bit about travelling to Dubai..
HOLY MOLY! That would make a very VERY interesting story line... especially with good looks like that! Hmmm... plot bunnies... must write these things down sometime...
Old 02-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLauren (View Post)
HOLY MOLY! That would make a very VERY interesting story line... especially with good looks like that! Hmmm... plot bunnies... must write these things down sometime...
Just IMAGINE the SHOCK on everyone's faces, (specially Penny, Bernadette.. and Raj... Sheldon already knows of his existence anyway) when they see a Prince, saying, yeah, I'm Amy's fiancee::. O-M-G (read that OMG in Janice's voice). I totally wanna see that.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by modern_audrey (View Post)
Hi Marisol! I'm a fan of your fics, too Back when there were only, like, three Shamy fics in existence I used to get a fix every other day from Coitus Consideration. Welcome!
Awww! That is so sweet. Until very recently (like, the last month, it never occurred to me that people would re-read my fics. Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for the welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)
Spazzing right now because Marisol is in the haus! OH my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!!!
I think it's been established that we've been promoting The Gamete Indeterminacy every time an update will show up! Lol! I miss those days when I will cling on to anything with a net connection and see if there's a new chapter up.
I swear, girl, you make this thing a lot more funner (don't imitate my English). I'm not done with the Shamy yet.

THANKS GUYS!!! I could not have received a better welcome. I only hope I live up to the hype
Old 02-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Just IMAGINE the SHOCK on everyone's faces, (specially Penny, Bernadette.. and Raj... Sheldon already knows of his existence anyway) when they see a Prince, saying, yeah, I'm Amy's fiancee::. O-M-G (read that OMG in Janice's voice). I totally wanna see that.
BAHAHAHAHA Janice's voice... it sounded precisely like that in my head... loved it...
Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHA Janice's voice... it sounded precisely like that in my head... loved it...
Why do I feel like Melissa could do a great Maggie Wheeler impersonation? But yeah, if he showed up that'd be an interesting day in Shamydom!

Old 02-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I have actually been thinking on this for a long long long time, not only for Sheldon's reaction but the whole gang, specially the girls, and even more if prince Faisal looked like, hmm Prince Sheikh Hamdan (the Crown Prince of Dubai

That is EXACTLY how I imagine Faisal to be. Or well, an actual Saudi Arabian prince who's the grandson of the current King, Prince Mutaib. Mysterious fella, that one is.

It would be too cute if Penny and Bernadette swoon a bit for the Arabian prince but Amy still goes "hoo" for Cowboy!Sheldon.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh, one of you fic writers MUST write a Prince Faisal story... I got so excited the other day when I saw his name in a description on ffnet, then my hopes got crushed when (of course) I saw that it was a Shenny fic. That's all fine and good, but I want a Faisal story and the Shenny is not what floats my boat

Please people...the Faisal discussion has come up a zillion times by now...we need this to happen

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
Old 02-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Hahah, I've long wanted to do a Faisal fic, and I already outlined it. But I'll start after I finish the ongoing one.

I feel like it needs to happen to.

Bonus 1000 points if Faisal is like the prince above.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Loyal Fan

TYFTNT! Thread #24!

And I agree it would be a hoot to see Sheldon going berserker to the idea of losing his girlfriend to some unkown arabian millionaire to whom every girl around swoons

Audrey, out of curiosity I went and looked at what I think is the fic you mentioned..... no offense to the author and her shipping preferences, but, seriously, that may be the weakest, most cliched and souless characterization of Shamy I've ever read! Amy is so.... off (completely robotic, saying "bestie" at the end of every line)!, same with Sheldon (who doesn't sweat a drop at the thought of losing Amy.....yeah, right!), but of course there is not a single "feeling" or bond between them but just a silly "agreement" with no meaning at all

Yeah, mean reviewer here

I swear it's not that I'm biased because it's against my OTP, he/she is in all his/ her right to write whatever she wants but I can't help but noticing how out of touch with the series' canon the characterization in this fic is..... whatevs!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Loyal Fan

WHOO! TFTNT, Anjelica! Love the title

Quote:
Originally Posted by modern_audrey (View Post)
Oh, one of you fic writers MUST write a Prince Faisal story... I got so excited the other day when I saw his name in a description on ffnet, then my hopes got crushed when (of course) I saw that it was a Shenny fic. That's all fine and good, but I want a Faisal story and the Shenny is not what floats my boat

Please people...the Faisal discussion has come up a zillion times by now...we need this to happen
Oh The horror! o_o
Old 02-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyele (View Post)
TYFTNT! Thread #24!

And I agree it would be a hoot to see Sheldon going berserker to the idea of losing his girlfriend to some unkown arabian millionaire to whom every girl around swoons

Audrey, out of curiosity I went and looked at what I think is the fic you mentioned..... no offense to the author and her shipping preferences, but, seriously, that may be the weakest, most cliched and souless characterization of Shamy I've ever read! Amy is so.... off (completely robotic, saying "bestie" at the end of every line)!, same with Sheldon (who doesn't sweat a drop at the thought of losing Amy.....yeah, right!), but of course there is not a single "feeling" or bond between them but just a silly "agreement" with no meaning at all

Yeah, mean reviewer here

I swear it's not that I'm biased because it's against my OTP, he/she is in all his/ her right to write whatever she wants but I can't help but noticing how out of touch with the series' canon the characterization in this fic is..... whatevs!
What story was that one?

Kath - I look forward to reading your Faisal fan fic when you get around to it... perhaps I'll have a go at one too when I'm done with mine (though I don't know how long that'll be!!)
Old 02-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's called In the Mood for Love, and it's pretty near the top of the page at the moment. I actually didn't read any of it...I kinda knew it wouldn't be my cup of tea from the outset It just kinda makes ya go though...to some fans (speaking of generic fans...not a commentary on ship preferences), Amy really is just some super robotic over-sexed sexless nerd who can be written out of Sheldon's life in a page or less. I don't get it, but that's the way it seems to be.

I say everybody bring the Faisal fics on...the more the merrier!

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
Old 02-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Well, that is why I only stick to Shamy fics, and thank Cow, there are a lot of them now.. I remember the days when they weren't any.. SO GLAD the Shamy has grown SO much!!!

*gratituous Shamy gif*

Old 02-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyele (View Post)
Amy is so.... off (completely robotic, saying "bestie" at the end of every line)!, same with Sheldon (who doesn't sweat a drop at the thought of losing Amy.....yeah, right!)
Leonard: "*cough, cough* TWENTY-FIVE CATS!"
Relationship Agreement.

Really, Sheldon doesn't want to hold on to Amy?

Nothing worse than character derailment.

Quote:
This is the reason why for all series I've ever watched/read, I often (not always, but often) ship canon. And why shipping preferences aside, I find it hard to read fics with non-canon ships. Because when two characters aren't together in the series--ESPECIALLY if they have established love interests--it's hard to write them together unless character derailment happens. Character derailment. It's the worst.

Amy's character was literally made to be the perfect match of Sheldon's character. So yeah, a one-page "poof--relationship over!" scene is just not going to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx (View Post)
Oh The horror! o_o
Your reaction cracks me up. I need to use that emoticon sometime.

Quote:
What story was that one?

Kath - I look forward to reading your Faisal fan fic when you get around to it... perhaps I'll have a go at one too when I'm done with mine (though I don't know how long that'll be!!)
Hahah, alright. I've been holding off on it because it's going to be more serious and less humorous than the fics I've done so far, and I'm not sure if I like that.

Last edited by genki-escapist; 02-01-2012 at 11:31 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread