Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread! I agree about this title describes the Shamy!
Lee- haha, last weekend I realized about that emoticon but I didn't remember it, you are right, it's that flag
7 threads and we've reached our goal- this is great !
Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilove (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread! I agree about this title describes the Shamy!
Lee- haha, last weekend I realized about that emoticon but I didn't remember it, you are right, it's that flag
7 threads and we've reached our goal- this is great !
YES! I'm still spazzing that I got to open a Shamy thread with this particular title, because OMG, I'm surrendering to their fun too!

7 more threads, and yet at the rate we're going, we're not stopping there!
Old 01-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Loyal Fan

I still have to catch up on my fanfic reading. I've yet to start on The Kripke Conundrum. Though I'm quite thrilled to read it since it seems to be well reviewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
"Surrendering to fun!" Describes their relationship. Neither of them have ever had this much enjoyment in another one's company before.
Oh! Interesting... I like this. It's very true!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel

careful! We're not supposed to discuss futures episodes in the thread yet. Only those that were aired recently.

Girl, you neeeeeeeeeed to make more. You need to make a sequel. Pronto!
Sorry - just overly excited and I keep forgetting...I really wanna talk about it haha!

ANYWAY! Do you mean make more chapter for my fic? Sorry confused hehe also yep pretty well spot on with the navy dress!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow, Shamy threads come and go at such a blur.

I've tried to catch up. I'm getting that there's a lot of new fan fic, we're all getting married and surrendering to the fun.

KILIG!

Did I miss anything?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Addicted Fan

Wow. Something happened and the text in the textbox disappeared.

Alright, my life has no meaning anymore. Last Chapter to Gamete Indeterminacy is up in Lj. Laughing and crying at the same time while reading it. It categorize me as a crazy person already.

The uprise in shamy fanfics makes me so proud. I mean, it makes me feel so happy that there are lost who feel the same way as I do that this place neeeeeed more Shamy Fanfics. The Shamyfodder is filling up! My email is kind of proof for that. It makes me feel loved to see lots of updates and new fanfics being posted.

Lionne, your use of "kilig" made me so happy.

The ferdiand T emoticon is so full of win. Further use of it might bring in more shamy fans.

Is it okay to make a list of those who accepted my polygamous platonic Shamy marriage proposal? I just so love you guys so much Oh gosh, my mind is kind of lagging so I can't recall who accepted the proposal.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)

Alright, my life has no meaning anymore. Last Chapter to Gamete Indeterminacy is up in Lj. Laughing and crying at the same time while reading it. It categorize me as a crazy person already.

The uprise in shamy fanfics makes me so proud. I mean, it makes me feel so happy that there are lost who feel the same way as I do that this place neeeeeed more Shamy Fanfics. The Shamyfodder is filling up! My email is kind of proof for that. It makes me feel loved to see lots of updates and new fanfics being posted.

The ferdiand T emoticon is so full of win. Further use of it might bring in more shamy fans.

Is it okay to make a list of those who accepted my polygamous platonic Shamy marriage proposal? I just so love you guys so much Oh gosh, my mind is kind of lagging so I can't recall who accepted the proposal.
I knoooow I just read it! Loved it so much...!

We do need more Shamy fanfics. I'm working on more of mine... so much enjoyment it's a little sad I've pretty much read everything that's out there... more pleeeease everyone!!!

I would also like to accept your polygamous platonic Shamy marriage proposal; and of course we can make a list!!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Suss as. Totally suss as.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel
I aim to please. And amuse. And occasionally receive compliments.

I would accept the marriage proposal, but I am afraid this entire thread will be hijacked by a forum wedding ceremony and then things will get really weird. But I'm flattered.

Back to the Shamy... I hope that they continue to show us Sheldon and Amy pursuing their esoteric interests together, as I like to watch them be weird, wacky and awesome together. I could watch their bond grow deeper slowly for awhile. I really want to know more about Amy's interests, though. We know about everything Sheldon collects and worships and finds amusing, such as his comic book collection and passion for everything Science Fiction. But what of Amy? What books does she read, what sort of places did she like to hang out, what does she do with her free time? Collect stamps? Coins? Battery operated toothbrushes?

However, I'd really like to know more about what the Relationship Agreement covers. I realized that I had a wish that was granted by the Shiny Trinket episode: That Amy would happily recite something from the Relationship Agreement that she or the two of them were fulfilling. We really don't see someone asking Leonard, "What are you doing," and him happily saying, "According to the Roommate Agreement, every Sunday morning we relate the important events of the past week while eating waffles." I think it's cute that Amy is taking swimmingly to the Relationship Agreement in a way that Leonard probably never has to the Roommate Agreement.

Although I do feel that the Roommate Agreement is probably a far worse deal for Leonard than the Relationship Agreement is for Amy.

Last edited by Lionne; 01-29-2012 at 02:55 AM
Old 01-29-2012, 03:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
Suss as. Totally suss as.

I aim to please. And amuse. And occasionally receive compliments.

I would accept the marriage proposal, but I am afraid this entire thread will be hijacked by a forum wedding ceremony and then things will get really weird. But I'm flattered.

Back to the Shamy... I hope that they continue to show us Sheldon and Amy pursuing their esoteric interests together, as I like to watch them be weird, wacky and awesome together. I could watch their bond grow deeper slowly for awhile. I really want to know more about Amy's interests, though. We know about everything Sheldon collects and worships and finds amusing, such as his comic book collection and passion for everything Science Fiction. But what of Amy? What books does she read, what sort of places did she like to hang out, what does she do with her free time? Collect stamps? Coins? Battery operated toothbrushes?

However, I'd really like to know more about what the Relationship Agreement covers. I realized that I had a wish that was granted by the Shiny Trinket episode: That Amy would happily recite something from the Relationship Agreement that she or the two of them were fulfilling. We really don't see someone asking Leonard, "What are you doing," and him happily saying, "According to the Roommate Agreement, every Sunday morning we relate the important events of the past week while eating waffles." I think it's cute that Amy is taking swimmingly to the Relationship Agreement in a way that Leonard probably never has to the Roommate Agreement.

Although I do feel that the Roommate Agreement is probably a far worse deal for Leonard than the Relationship Agreement is for Amy.
BAHAHAHAHA love it Lionne!! Good use of 'suss as' - I am impressed! For your benefit I will be writing in a 'Fun with Flags' based around the Australian flag in my fanfic, just cause I can

I would really, really like to know more about Amy as a whole - also about her mother/family; I'm very interested to know more. I do wonder what Amy's interests are... hmmm...

I'd say we'll find out what the Relationship Agreement covers bit by bit as their relationship continues... such a huge plot bunny for the writers; they'd be stupid not to use it, even just for comical value. I really would like to know more about the 'physical contact' section, and also what it would take for the agreement to be altered if need be... hmmm...
Old 01-29-2012, 03:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLauren (View Post)
BAHAHAHAHA love it Lionne!! Good use of 'suss as' - I am impressed! For your benefit I will be writing in a 'Fun with Flags' based around the Australian flag in my fanfic, just cause I can
Cool on all counts!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Addicted Fan

What lionne said.

I am so intrigued with Amy's night terror and sleep issue. Not really an issue but I guess you guys know what I mean. I wanted to know if there's more into the harp-playing neurobiologist. At least now I know that she's allergic to penicillin.

Edit: Also, I saw this in tumblr (and some of you guys might've seen this already:
Amy just called The Doctor "Doctor Who". Seriously?
and tbbtshamy replied:

Some were asking why Sheldon didn't correct Amy there. Well, for me it only proves that Amy tolerates "cheap science fiction" just to bond with Sheldon.

Last edited by rubyanjel; 01-29-2012 at 04:06 AM
Old 01-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
What lionne said.

I am so intrigued with Amy's night terror and sleep issue. Not really an issue but I guess you guys know what I mean. I wanted to know if there's more into the harp-playing neurobiologist. At least now I know that she's allergic to penicillin.
I'm also intrigued by this - I wonder what causes it? Night terrors are not cool at all, my brother used to get them they're very frightening. I wonder if they're linked with things in her past? We don't know much about her past...hmmmm.... maybe some problems Sheldon just has to help her out with...
Old 01-29-2012, 04:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Good gracious. another 2 pages to catch up with again. This is lovely.

I agree, we need to know a lot more about Amy! She is still, in many ways, more of a mystery figure than the others, mainly because she came in late. We get oblique references to her loneliness and peer rejection when she was growing up, we've seen her mother just once (and don't know anything about her besides that she values self-respect and a hymen ), and then there's the conflicted attitude on sexuality, the suppressed (till now) urge to break free and let her hair down, the night terrors.

What's really interesting here is that Sheldon seems to know all about her, much more than we do (as a good boyfriend should). From the penicillin allergy to the toe surgery when she was 14, his casual references show that she's clearly shared almost everything in her life with him. It's a unique and rather satisfying way to learn more about her, right from the mouth of her soulmate.

Lionne's reference to collecting battery-operated toothbrushes cracked me up.

Anjelica - A list would be nice, I'd like to know who all I'm platonically married to.

And now, off to that fan-fic..
Old 01-29-2012, 04:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Noticed this moment today while capping Shamy scenes. Found it quite amusing.
(and performing what I'm now calling The Shamy Dissection on the hand holding )

Quote:

Some were asking why Sheldon didn't correct Amy there. Well, for me it only proves that Amy tolerates "cheap science fiction" just to bond with Sheldon.
Right! She does and it's adorable Like how she didn't want to get uninvited to Who Con.

I really hope to hear more about Amy too. I also really want her mother to visit!
(That dancing gif is flawless!)

eeedit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
What's really interesting here is that Sheldon seems to know all about her, much more than we do (as a good boyfriend should). From the penicillin allergy to the toe surgery when she was 14, his casual references show that she's clearly shared almost everything in her life with him. It's a unique and rather satisfying way to learn more about her, right from the mouth of her soulmate.
Oh I love it when they make it clear that they spend a lot of time together and know eachother very well! It makes me all squeey XD

Last edited by Jexx; 01-29-2012 at 05:00 AM
Old 01-29-2012, 04:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Also, I saw this in tumblr (and some of you guys might've seen this already:
Amy just called The Doctor "Doctor Who". Seriously?
and tbbtshamy replied:

This is exactly what went through my mind! Being a big DW fan, my first reaction was that horrified 'what - she called him Doctor Who?' then I remembered that this is Amy who doesn't like sci-fi! You're right, it really shows how much she likes Sheldon. As long as they don't have any of the guys making the same mistake, I'm fine with that

OTPs: Sheldon/Amy, River/Eleven, Spock/Uhura, Daniel/Vala, Faramir/Eowyn, Mick/Beth (Moonlight)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread