Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Loyal Fan

I see your point Audrey, and I sorta agree, as long as it's gradual and subtle, no big fuss, I can live with it

And I agree with you about Penny's line too, I think it's the first time Amy's look was addressed by other character, but, after all, she was just pointing out Amy's lack of flesh-showing, so, I'm not too bothered by it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryndil (View Post)

Maybe we could have one episode (Howard and Bernadette's wedding, for instance) where we see that Amy can be pretty if she wants to, then continue with her looking as she is now - because that's how she *chooses* to look. That would make it her decision, which would be cool.
I also see your point Eryn, as long as it's her choice and it doesn't represents the idea that "she was wrong", I would be okay with it.

Perhaps, I'd like it to happen, more than for the other characters to acknowledge her beauty, for all those shallow nay-sayers that keep complaining about Amy because she's not played by a "hot" actress

Oh!, and I forgot to comment about your awesome finding on the Shamycoincidence in numbers Eryn!
Now I can't wait for the episode #44 in this secuence!

And congrats for your 100 posts!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Whoo hoo! Now you can get a personalized icon!

Old 12-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ooh yes, I've been looking forward to that! I'll have to think carefully...

OTPs: Sheldon/Amy, River/Eleven, Spock/Uhura, Daniel/Vala, Faramir/Eowyn, Mick/Beth (Moonlight)
Old 12-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Since we're on the topic of icons, I'd like a few more Shamy icons for my rotation...is there a collection anywhere, or a thread I'm missing? The alternative is making them myself and...frankly...I lack patience

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
Old 12-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You can go to the TBBT related communities at LiveJournal and click on the "icons" tag, there should be some Shamy ones there.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:58 AM
Addicted Fan

Very interesting analysis of Amy's dress sense. I have to say I noticed, too, that Amy looked slightly more colorful in the episode (that blue shirt suits her). I think I like that, she doesn't necessarily have to look as dowdy as possible, but on the other hand I really appreciate that she keeps her individuality in dressing and doesn't feel the pressure to conform.. I wouldn't want that to be changed!

Also, as some of you said, one of the things I love most about the Shamy is that Sheldon clearly does not feel the need for Amy to get more 'conventionally attractive' or something, he loves her (in whatever way he does) just as she is. It's the intellectual and emotional attachment that is important, in this case, and any physical component in his attraction would have to arise from that.

A refreshingly unconventional take in the guise of comedy.. as everything about them is.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:53 AM
Master Fan

I like your comments, guys, and I also can see what Eryn wants to see. Someone said that would like to see at Howardette's wedding something like that. My idea is that if it'd happen, I'd like a Sheldon saying "Yes, you look pretty".
Yes, it's not necessary because it's pretty clear that he sees her beauty, that he likes her intelligence and that he finds her interesting. But, why can't we want that from Sheldon? Why can't we see Sheldon saying she's beautiful? And, look that Sheldon said in some ways Penny's attractive, he described that princess in representation of Lalita so she's pretty. Why can't he do the same with Amy?
BTW, some of these days I'll make Shamyicons
Old 12-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
Very interesting analysis of Amy's dress sense. I have to say I noticed, too, that Amy looked slightly more colorful in the episode (that blue shirt suits her). I think I like that, she doesn't necessarily have to look as dowdy as possible, but on the other hand I really appreciate that she keeps her individuality in dressing and doesn't feel the pressure to conform.. I wouldn't want that to be changed!

Also, as some of you said, one of the things I love most about the Shamy is that Sheldon clearly does not feel the need for Amy to get more 'conventionally attractive' or something, he loves her (in whatever way he does) just as she is. It's the intellectual and emotional attachment that is important, in this case, and any physical component in his attraction would have to arise from that.

A refreshingly unconventional take in the guise of comedy.. as everything about them is.
Definitely. The fact that Sheldon doesn't love in the way we all think of the word actually makes him a really sweet guy, at least toward Amy, because he doesn't have these physical standards that most other men and women do.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
My idea is that if it'd happen, I'd like a Sheldon saying "Yes, you look pretty".
Yes, it's not necessary because it's pretty clear that he sees her beauty, that he likes her intelligence and that he finds her interesting. But, why can't we want that from Sheldon? Why can't we see Sheldon saying she's beautiful?
I'm a little confused on this. I think I would be good with her dressing up for once and him noticing it and saying it, but I wouldn't like it to be implied that any feelings of attraction towards her develop in him because of that incident. And it might be difficult to have such a scene and not imply that, if you know what I mean.

On the whole, I'll be happier if Sheldon does some day admit to finding Amy attractive (again, in whatever way he can feel that), without her having to dress up for it.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
I'm a little confused on this. I think I would be good with her dressing up for once and him noticing it and saying it, but I wouldn't like it to be implied that any feelings of attraction towards her develop in him because of that incident. And it might be difficult to have such a scene and not imply that, if you know what I mean.

On the whole, I'll be happier if Sheldon does some day admit to finding Amy attractive (again, in whatever way he can feel that), without her having to dress up for it.
Yeah, I agree with this. I wouldn't want him to tell her he's attracted to her only after she dresses up.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

Pomita, I didn't mean that I wanna see he admitting that he's attracted by her. Well, supposedly, he's attracted at least by her intellect, but I don't think it wouldn't be good if he says she looks pretty. I don't think it would be weird, he sorta did that with Penny and Lalita. Also, if he says that, he's not "admitting".
Yeah, it's not necessary but it wouldn't change anything

Sheldon & Amy: For The First Time - YouTube
Great video I adore these Shamyvids!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Maybe a scenario something like this - Amy as Maid of Honor (in a dress that is nicer than the purple one she tried on!) at the wedding.

Leonard: Wow, you look great, Amy! Don't you think so Sheldon? (gentle prod!)
Sheldon (surprised at Leonard's question): Well, of course she does. Amy's a very attractive woman - she always looks nice.

OTPs: Sheldon/Amy, River/Eleven, Spock/Uhura, Daniel/Vala, Faramir/Eowyn, Mick/Beth (Moonlight)
Old 12-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryndil (View Post)
Maybe a scenario something like this - Amy as Maid of Honor (in a dress that is nicer than the purple one she tried on!) at the wedding.

Leonard: Wow, you look great, Amy! Don't you think so Sheldon? (gentle prod!)
Sheldon (surprised at Leonard's question): Well, of course she does. Amy's a very attractive woman - she always looks nice.

Something like that would be very sweet. I agree, I wouldn't want it to imply that he only thinks she looks nice/has a sense of physical attraction when she's dressed up nice. But something similar to that, I'd be fine with.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Something like that would be very sweet. I agree, I wouldn't want it to imply that he only thinks she looks nice/has a sense of physical attraction when she's dressed up nice. But something similar to that, I'd be fine with.
I do agree, Brit . Even, I don't think it implies that Sheldon thinks she's beautiful if she's dressed up. But it's the only way I can imagine Sheldon saying she looks nice (just now). If there's an idea with a different scenario, I also would like it.
And that example is very nice, more because Leonard says she looks great
Old 12-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, I'd love that! If that happened on the show I'd probably die.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread