Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2016, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

OK our additional #0 is out

Next round

Shamy scenes survivor game (Part 1 - during the Break-Up)

0) Sheldon telling Leonard about Amy taking a step back ("No piece of paper ever cut me this deep.") and realizing Penny is talking with Amy ("Amy’s upset? Is it about me?") - out in round 7
1) Talk outside Amys Aparment ending with „Boy, I’m glad we’re going out again.“ (9.01)
2) „We make everyone feel awkward. That’s our thing. „(9.01)
3) „You know what, Sheldon, you’ve made this really easy. You’re immature, you’re selfish, you just insulted me to my face. I don’t need any more time to think. We’re broken up. „(9.01) - out in round 3
4) „I understand we’re no longer a couple, but I would like to remind you that we made a baby together.“ (9.02)
5) „Sheldon, this has to stop. I know it’s hard. It’s hard for me, too. But I’ve seen and talked to you more in the two days we’ve been broken up than in the last two months that we were together. „ „Well, if you want to see less of me, maybe we should go out again.“ (9.02) - out in round 5
6) Sheldons special Amy edition of „Fun with Flags“ (9.02)
7) „She watched it. I’m gonna get that girl back.“ (9.02)
8) Amy getting her ear pierced „Sheldon had this clause in the Relationship Agreement forbidding cosmetic surgery unless it’s to look like a Klingon. „ (9.03) out in round 2
9) „Okay, just give me that. Amy broke up with Sheldon, she got her ears pierced and she made us eat penis cookies. Hang on. She wants to talk to you. „ (9.03) - out in round 1
10) „You’re healthy. You have a job in the sciences. I’ve got to say, if this credit report comes back good, you’re the frontrunner. „ (9.04)
11) „What happened to me, Amy? Years ago I was completely disengaged from my feelings. I’d say it was a happier time, but I was disengaged from my feelings, so who can tell? (9.04)
12) Amy defending Sheldon „" Hey, I know Sheldon’s quirky, but he’s also brilliant and insightful. I think calling him a weirdo is a little unfair. " (9.04)
13) „Or Amy’s wedding, where she’s marrying someone better than me. „ (9.04)
14) „If you intend to pursue Amy, you leave me with no choice but to put a stop to it.“ (Sheldon asking Kripke for a duel in 3 years from today) (9.05)
15) The scene in the staircase when Amy realizes Sheldon tries to move on an tried to date other women (9.05)
16) „Oh. That is an engagement ring that I was going to give my girlfriend Amy“ (9.07)
17) „I’m going to find her and ask her to marry me. And if she says yes, we can put this behind us and resume our relationship. And if she says no, well, then she can just ponfo miran.“ (9.07)
18) Sheldon seeing Amy kiss her Date in front of her building - gone in round 6
19) „Wait, you’re not talking about Dr. Sheldon Cooper?“ Dave Gibbs, Amys date and fanboy of Dr. Sheldon Cooper (9.08) - gone in round 4
20) „You know, and in an effort to reduce awkwardness as we learn how to function as friends, I printed out a list of safe topics for polite conversation.“ (9.09)
21) Sheldon: How many dates have you been on? Who were they with? Where’d you go? Where did you meet them? Did you sleep with them? And how much longer to the aquarium? I’m getting kind of hungry.“ - Amy: Let’s see. I have been on six dates with three different people. It was either for coffee or dinner. One I met at a bookstore and two I met online. I haven’t slept with anyone. The aquarium is 40 minutes away. And there’s a baggie of Cheerios for you in the glove compartment. (9.09)
22) Sheldon and Amy playing „Food, Friend, Fight“ (9.09)
23) „I miss this.“ „How can you miss a game you’ve never played before, silly?“ „I guess sometimes I’m silly.“ (9.09)
24) Amy asking Sheldon to be his girlfriend again and Sheldon revealing that getting over her was too hard and he just wants to be friends again (9.09)
25) Sheldon realises his earworm is about Amy and how she made his life better (9.10)
26) Sheldon rushing over to Amy and and tells her she is her heartworm (9.10)
27) Dave Gibbs translating to Amy that Sheldon loves her and wants her back and later cheering „Kiss her you brilliant fool!“ (9.10)

Rules:
1) The scene with 3 votes is out (or the one with the most votes after 24 hours)
2) No Backsies

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think I'll go with 15 now.

It was an important and wonderfully-acted scene but I still get annoyed about it when I think about how easy it would've been to just come clear about all the misunderstandings between them then, but instead the miscommunication just became stronger and lead Amy to actually start dating a bunch of other men
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

I vote #6 because it was mean and hurt Amy

~Susanne ~
Old 09-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

I'm enjoying all the explanations for the choices.

I see where you're coming from, Jane but now we're past it all, there's a lot about that scene that I 'like' (inverted commas because it's not really the right word but I can't think of a better one. Perhaps appreciate). Anyway, I remember it giving me a little bit of hope at the time, because you could see properly, for the first time in the season, how much they were both hurting. It was the clearest evidence to that point that Amy might be regretting her decision.

Susanne, you changed my mind - I was going to go with 2, but I agree it was mean. I kind of liked Amy's reactions and the way she went right over to him to tell him off, and I think we enjoyed the 'southern borders' reference at the time, but we were probably clutching at whatever little bits we could get. I vote #6.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

And I vote 6 to kill the game faster.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
And I vote 6 to kill the game faster.
I sense you're not enjoying this game.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

Must be cuz we're still in the less happy portion of the game
Old 09-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

#6 is out

Shamy scenes survivor game (Part 1 - during the Break-Up)

0) Sheldon telling Leonard about Amy taking a step back ("No piece of paper ever cut me this deep.") and realizing Penny is talking with Amy ("Amy’s upset? Is it about me?") - out in round 7
1) Talk outside Amys Aparment ending with „Boy, I’m glad we’re going out again.“ (9.01)
2) „We make everyone feel awkward. That’s our thing. „(9.01)
3) „You know what, Sheldon, you’ve made this really easy. You’re immature, you’re selfish, you just insulted me to my face. I don’t need any more time to think. We’re broken up. „(9.01) - out in round 3
4) „I understand we’re no longer a couple, but I would like to remind you that we made a baby together.“ (9.02)
5) „Sheldon, this has to stop. I know it’s hard. It’s hard for me, too. But I’ve seen and talked to you more in the two days we’ve been broken up than in the last two months that we were together. „ „Well, if you want to see less of me, maybe we should go out again.“ (9.02) - out in round 5
6) Sheldons special Amy edition of „Fun with Flags“ (9.02) - out in round 8
7) „She watched it. I’m gonna get that girl back.“ (9.02)
8) Amy getting her ear pierced „Sheldon had this clause in the Relationship Agreement forbidding cosmetic surgery unless it’s to look like a Klingon. „ (9.03) out in round 2
9) „Okay, just give me that. Amy broke up with Sheldon, she got her ears pierced and she made us eat penis cookies. Hang on. She wants to talk to you. „ (9.03) - out in round 1
10) „You’re healthy. You have a job in the sciences. I’ve got to say, if this credit report comes back good, you’re the frontrunner. „ (9.04)
11) „What happened to me, Amy? Years ago I was completely disengaged from my feelings. I’d say it was a happier time, but I was disengaged from my feelings, so who can tell? (9.04)
12) Amy defending Sheldon „" Hey, I know Sheldon’s quirky, but he’s also brilliant and insightful. I think calling him a weirdo is a little unfair. " (9.04)
13) „Or Amy’s wedding, where she’s marrying someone better than me. „ (9.04)
14) „If you intend to pursue Amy, you leave me with no choice but to put a stop to it.“ (Sheldon asking Kripke for a duel in 3 years from today) (9.05)
15) The scene in the staircase when Amy realizes Sheldon tries to move on an tried to date other women (9.05)
16) „Oh. That is an engagement ring that I was going to give my girlfriend Amy“ (9.07)
17) „I’m going to find her and ask her to marry me. And if she says yes, we can put this behind us and resume our relationship. And if she says no, well, then she can just ponfo miran.“ (9.07)
18) Sheldon seeing Amy kiss her Date in front of her building - gone in round 6
19) „Wait, you’re not talking about Dr. Sheldon Cooper?“ Dave Gibbs, Amys date and fanboy of Dr. Sheldon Cooper (9.08) - gone in round 4
20) „You know, and in an effort to reduce awkwardness as we learn how to function as friends, I printed out a list of safe topics for polite conversation.“ (9.09)
21) Sheldon: How many dates have you been on? Who were they with? Where’d you go? Where did you meet them? Did you sleep with them? And how much longer to the aquarium? I’m getting kind of hungry.“ - Amy: Let’s see. I have been on six dates with three different people. It was either for coffee or dinner. One I met at a bookstore and two I met online. I haven’t slept with anyone. The aquarium is 40 minutes away. And there’s a baggie of Cheerios for you in the glove compartment. (9.09)
22) Sheldon and Amy playing „Food, Friend, Fight“ (9.09)
23) „I miss this.“ „How can you miss a game you’ve never played before, silly?“ „I guess sometimes I’m silly.“ (9.09)
24) Amy asking Sheldon to be his girlfriend again and Sheldon revealing that getting over her was too hard and he just wants to be friends again (9.09)
25) Sheldon realises his earworm is about Amy and how she made his life better (9.10)
26) Sheldon rushing over to Amy and and tells her she is her heartworm (9.10)
27) Dave Gibbs translating to Amy that Sheldon loves her and wants her back and later cheering „Kiss her you brilliant fool!“ (9.10)

Rules:
1) The scene with 3 votes is out (or the one with the most votes after 24 hours)
2) No Backsies

~Susanne ~
Old 09-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

Still going with 15
Old 09-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

I vote #1 now

~Susanne ~
Old 09-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
I sense you're not enjoying this game.
It isn't so much that, the poll does have more painful memories then previous games, but really it's that I much much much prefer discussion. I'm antsy to write and read analysis on new scenes. You know how we do, turning four five or six lines into pages of ideas.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

I vote #2.

Quote:
It isn't so much that, the poll does have more painful memories then previous games, but really it's that I much much much prefer discussion. I'm antsy to write and read analysis on new scenes. You know how we do, turning four five or six lines into pages of ideas.
Ah. Not long now!!

In the meantime, here's something to discuss. Posting this here as well as in the Writers' thread, so no one misses it. I think it's incredible!

@misstarahernandez: An actual script page from my first BBT writing credit way back in 2011. Episode was later titled "The Isolation Permutation." Thanks to @stevemolaro @mildmanneredsteveholland and the other scribes for letting me play in the sandbox with you guys for all these years 💕
Old 09-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

What's astounding, I can see and hear that very scene with that dialogue.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
What's astounding, I can see and hear that very scene with that dialogue.
Right?! It's so clear, isn't it? I guess that's a sign of good writing.

I can see why they changed the beginning to "like Penny taught me to do when you're sad," because it flows better; the original has a lot of little character-telling details, though. I like "my ex-lesser friend Bernadette." We've had echoes of that in other episodes, and it's so Amy.

But Amy sitting there waiting for Becky and Bridget to text is too heartbreaking.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:14 AM
Master Fan

Oh my... another heartbraking moment about Amy.

And yes I also have the dialogue in my ears

~Susanne ~
Reply   Post New Thread