Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2016, 05:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'd like to suggest we reduce the number of SIK gifs. I know it was a great moment - long awaited and all that. But SIX??
I get what you're saying there Heidi There is a limit to the number of images we can put on the OP after all.

We can maybe reduce it to 3, like we can have the moment he lunges in for a kiss, the moment he deepens the kiss and then when he puts his hands on her waist
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:43 PM
Fez
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

I remember OP makeovers being stressful.

Although, as a hobby photoshop-user I have to say your OP graphics don't have a great quality at all. Also, what are the medieval font,the crown and the swords for? To me it looks the graphics were originally used for a different OTP and the recoiled for Shamy. However, whoever did those was talented with animated gifs and that is something I have absolutely no experience on.

If I (as a fairly new member to this club) may suggest some changes? Make new priorities for fave scenes in the early seasons. I totally understand they are there - we love all shamy moments. But as we have more seasons, the more shamy moments there are. It would be easier to just decide on 3-5 very special moments for each season.

It would also help if you reduced some graphics which are merely headlines.

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD

Last edited by Fez; 06-18-2016 at 12:00 AM
Fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:49 AM
Master Fan

I think it would be a good idea to have a look a the OP and decide which pics and graphics are still needed and what we could add

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I do remember we had survivor games to pick those moments. Do you think the board will survive survivor games to pick the season 8 and season 9 favorites?
We had a Season 8 Survivor game. The Prom Episode won (after a hard battle with the Mars Application Episode )
And I'm still planing to do a Seaon 9 survivor but probably at the end of the summer, when people are back from the summer hiatus and there won't so much consequences when user go hiding because of the game

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:59 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

And maybe replace the graphics that are low quality or have a different background than the current board design?

Here's something I put together this morning because I had little to do and wanted to see if I still have some photoshop skills:

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 06-18-2016, 04:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

I really like the idea of putting the sweet bed scene front and centre and then a series of smaller pictures with themes beneath it to show all the different parts of their relationship Not too sure about the red/grey paint-like decor And it'd probably be better if the title were bigger and stood out more.

We should probably discuss what general theme our OP should have. Like right now, it mainly follows the D&D, medieval theme. Should we really change that completely or keep it and simply upgrade most of the images and stuff?
Old 06-18-2016, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

I think it would be easiest to keep the same theme and just update/add a couple things. As Heidi can attest, a complete OP overhaul takes a long time to create.

I'm fine with just having 2 kiss gifs, or even 1 kiss gif. We could do something like 1 kiss, 1 ILY, and 1 bed gif...or make a set with some sort of progression (maybe with source links below in small X's if we take from multiple different people?) like meeting, "you're a vixen", first kiss, "not for you", "will you be my girlfriend", sheldon grabbing her hand, SIK, ILY, and then the bed scene (<-- there are 9 here, so any ideas for either adding 1 or subtracting 1? Unless we made the set 3x3 instead of the typical 2 on each line) Anyway...I know a few gif-makers so maybe I can ask them for gifs.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Anyway...I know a few gif-makers so maybe I can ask them for gifs.
Please do!

I feel like we'll go through this thread just discussing our plans for the OP update
Old 06-18-2016, 09:07 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

Okay, so I guess I'm alone with my opinion that the OP is too cluttered. I like to keep things structured and in order - like Sheldon.

~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 06-18-2016, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

It is a busy OP, but it has a consistent theme. And it's small compared to some out there. I've seen some OP's that take up 3 posts.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:18 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

I know, the Huddy OP was 2 posts back then. But only because I was outvoted.

~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 06-18-2016, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

I'm with you. I prefer clean and succinct. But I like our OP.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

I like our OP too

( I also don't adapt that well to major changes I get upset when websites change their overall look)
Old 06-18-2016, 10:32 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

That's another phenomenon with OPs. People gradually fill it with precious content over the years and then hate any changes made.

~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Old 06-18-2016, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

That's hilarious
Old 06-18-2016, 10:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

How fitting that I happen to be munching on Original Pringles chips right now
Reply   Post New Thread